Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 544718 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6375 on: June 25, 2023, 12:07:04 PM »

Overcast - later a high of 64

Baz - Love the congratulatory message for Aly & Dewey!! ;D

Karen - Yummy dinner last night!

Phyl - Nice temps - especially with some rain!  Great cam pics.

Lani - So sad that Aly is still having to try and deal with those Movers.  Hope they deliver very soon and that her stuff is all intact, then she can be done with them! ::)

Clynn - Looking forward to hearing about your indoor grill. ;D   My hubby's favorite ice cream that you have would be the Choc peanut btr!  All your flavors sound so yummy!
Cute pic of DH2 on the branch  ;D  Beautiful pic of the Des Moines River  :)   Love all the cam pics.

LisaG - That is such Wonderful/Awesome good news about Jaspurr adopting 2 of Misty's kittens!!!! ;D   Now, you will always know how they are doing. ;D

Kb - Yaay so happy you got a lil rain last night!

Tig - A good day to rest your knee - Nascar in Nashville later!

Tsk - Beautiful landscaping and home!  Amazing how much all your beautiful plants have grown in a year's time - Lulu looking cute at the front door!!

Lilbro & Jani :)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6376 on: June 25, 2023, 12:10:57 PM »

tsk, wow, that is a lot of change in one year! It's all beautiful, and there is Lulu at the front door! I am surprised Lucy isn't in the first pic! I have seen several Amazon delivery pics with one or both of the cats sitting there watching...Did you have work done in the back too?

Here is my new stuff:

baz, good advice for every day!

E4E, you are having a cool day!

This would be me if I got one of Misty's kittens: The look of love.....just adopted.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6377 on: June 25, 2023, 12:21:52 PM »

Lisa and Jeff - YAY!!! Good news for Piper and Daisy! The others will follow to loving homes soon!   :-*  Hugs to Misty and Bandit, too!  :-*

TSK, your new landscaping is beautiful!!  I love it!! Yay for the 2 Monarch releases - hope you get some more eggs and female Monarchs to follow.  :) :-*

Clynn, I LOVE seeing DH2 having fun in the sun and squeeing on The Y!!!  :-* :-* :-*  Oh, I see you posted while I was composing this - your new landscaping is wonderful! I LOVE it!!

Phyl, thanks for the cam shots!  :)

Tig, your new "Do" looks great! :)

Lani, hope your area gets some rain soon, too.

KB and BL, my area experiences that same urban heat dome effect that you mentioned, and we get that same "split" or "go-around" of the lines of rain - same as KB has been experiencing. It isn't anything new here either. Some of the long-time locals refer to that effect here as, "The Cape Fear Split." Very often, I might even say, usually, I will stay dry while the areas west and east, and especially north of me, get a very good dousing. It's such a regular phenomenon here that we rarely even comment on it. It's just the way it is.

E4E, the shed projeect at your place is moving along quickly! Did you get a tool apron yet?  ;) :D

OG, I hope your Saturday gathering and cards was a good time for all.  :)

Karen, 3 little Finchies! Fun!! So nice to be able to watch your Hummingbirds during dinner on the porch!  :D

IRIS STRONG!!!  :-* :-* :-*

My LilSis went with her son and his kids - the 2 sets of twins - to take the older twin boy to camp in the NC mountains last weekend. It was his first overnight camp experience. After they dropped him off at camp, they visited a nice waterfall nearby - Looking Glass Falls - in the Pisgah National Forest, just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. They walked to a nice overlook at Looking Glass Falls... then went down to get closer... and then walked closer - and got an all-over misting.   ;) :D   A good time was had by all.  :) :-*
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 12:55:20 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #6378 on: June 25, 2023, 12:23:36 PM »

They also browsed the little nearby downtown mountain town of Hendersonville, NC - where there is a different and fun Black Bear statue at each intersection.  There's lots of fun stuff to discover, and nice, cool places to take a break.  ;) :D

« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 12:55:52 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #6379 on: June 25, 2023, 12:42:17 PM »

Sorry tsk...while I volunteered at the Raptor Center I cut up rats and baby chicks..after de-furring and de-feathering....I must be de-sensitized!...the rat did not look like what we did (whole) but maybe that's how they do it there with such a huge eagle?

Baz - yes they split here and for years as well....but, we are still in a 3 year drought....so it may not show that in the whole state it remains the case here in the Twin Cities. so, this phenomenon just hurts us all the more.

Frankly, in all my years here I've never seen it this brown and ugly....I worry for the trees as well.
Before I moved back home there was a drought here where many of the trees died. (1988) ? or so..

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6380 on: June 25, 2023, 12:51:34 PM »

... pretty yards...   ;D

Heading upstairs to rest my knee (in the real bed, LOL) while hubby has his son over for son's bday and they watch a horror movie.  :-\

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

« Reply #6381 on: June 25, 2023, 01:32:29 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

I saw Swampy this morning while he was swimming from one side of the pond to another.   :D  I haven't seen "Swampy Junior" again. But I did see the end of a big splash on the side of the pond the other day. Big splash!  ???   Late afternoon - and I waited to see what happened next, since I missed what was before the splash, and had no idea what made the big splash, or why. Whatever it was all about, remained below the surface, and a mystery. Was Swampy chomping on a pre-dusk snack? Did Swampy eliminate Junior? The Pond Knows... It Came From The Deep.  ;D 8)

I'm heading to the kitchen to fix a late lunch of shrimp salad sammiches.  ;D  Mmmm! Loves me some shrimp salad!  ;D  And I just looked out the window, and see the bright blue sky has turned summertime afternoon showers grey-brown cloudy... Will they, or won't they?  I mean, drop their raindrops on my head, or someone else's? We shall see...  :D

Take care, Beakers, and enjoy your day!  :) :-*

karengramke

« Reply #6382 on: June 25, 2023, 03:47:35 PM »

Lol Baz!  Thanks for the pictures of. The family and most particularly the beautiful North Carolina Mountains!  Hendersonville has changed since my last visit!   Enjoy your shrimp salad.  I will have a low sodium ham on rye later!  Had dinner at 1 today, salmon, steamed cauliflower and steamed baby carrots!  Grapes!

Tsk and Clynn, love your gardens/landscapes!   Tsk, what are the flowers? Clynn what are the blue/lavender flowers near your sidewalk?  Not the petunia!

Happy anniversary Mr and Mrs. Lilbro!   Enjoy another year of bliss!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6383 on: June 25, 2023, 04:13:31 PM »

CLYNN  No just the front yard was done.  Love your hosta bed.  What is the one in the front row that is yellow with the thin leaves?  Not familiar with that one.  Is the bed along the walkway all annuals or do I see a couple perennials in there?   Aww  sweet little boy and kitty  :)

BAZI  I should have taken the garden pic in the sun - we had little of it today.  Cute pictures even with the addition of the "hoods up" on the last one  LOL  My travelling friend and I were in Hendersonville back in the late 70's I think. So many great hikes and waterfalls around there.  Looks like a fun day.  Hope camp goes well for sis's grandson  :-\   Swampy, the creature from the black lagoon - Only he knows for sure..... 8)  Love the Churchill quote.  Will put that on my mirror this week.

KAREN  Pink Cotton Candy Betony,  Rozanne geranium, All Gold Japanese Forest grass, Autumn Moor grass, Hetz midget arborvitae , the 3 hydrangea at the far right and on the other side of the sidewalk behind the azalea ( not blooming now) is a Gold Mops false cypress that will get a bit taller.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6384 on: June 25, 2023, 04:23:45 PM »

karen, the plant with purple/white flowers is Verbena, the white are Dusty Millers and the taller pink/purple ones are Veronica Speedwell.

baz, great family pictures! So the girls had a fun time with their Dad! You will never know what those big splashes from the pond are all about... and that's probably a good thing...  Great words of wisdom!

tig, you're watching a horror movie with a birthday party going on? LOLOL!

tsk, that is my newest one, it's called Praying Hands Hosta. Different, isn't it! Here's how I hope it will look in a year or two! Thanks for the names of your flowers/plants!

He's been practicing all day....

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6385 on: June 25, 2023, 04:41:33 PM »

Lilbro & Jani...

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #6386 on: June 25, 2023, 04:53:49 PM »

This poppy seed cake is fluffy and moist, speckled throughout and covered with a silky vanilla bean Swiss meringue buttercream.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #6387 on: June 25, 2023, 05:12:47 PM »

karen - You are doing great with your healthy dinners!

baz - I hope Swampy didn't eliminate Swampy Jr!  Enjoy your shrimp salad sammies.  Great pics of sis, her son and his kids.

tig - How is the knee?

clynn and tsk - Love the pics of your beautiful yards!

clynn - Awww, the lil boy with the kitten. I just got a message from AC that another kitty has been adopted.  It was Brutus, one of the boys.  They said, a really nice family adopted him.

E4E - Yes, I am so happy for jaspurr, and that I know someone who took the kitties and let me know how they are doing.

Have a good night, everyone!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6388 on: June 25, 2023, 05:16:07 PM »

No ice cream in our freezers just Klondike bars  ::)   so glad these are Jims  ;D

CLynn enjoyed the clothespin affirmations; this is marvelous news Feeding Fish Instead of Strangling Them: Corona Adopts Edible 6-Pack Rings. I make Jim cut these up before tossing in trash. I tell him 'Think of Maggie if she's ever  out there..." And fun on the DesMoines River. Cool photo. Tks for DH2 update---I peeked in on him this AM and was tempted to take a snap.

Tsk  went out about 11am-ish the air was so warm ---I loved it.  Barb at 1" rain on gauge  ;)  Yes Peregrine falcons  catch prey in flight

Lisa  I'm so glad that Jaspurr adopted Piper and Daisy although these little gals are a contridiction.  I know she was so heartbroken when she lost her Jaspurr during the CoVid  disaster by the way vet took 'care of' her kitty.  I hope  pictures  are posted on the by and by.
Poor Misty  :-* :-* :-*

KB    So glad you got some rainfall. Keep it up---   Think 'Rain' !   ;)

CLynn enjoyed Dana Schroeder - Osprey family and squad of American White Pelicans. 
Iris  stand your  ground!  New plants look very nice.

Tig  glad you're resting that knee

Tsk Looks very nice.    Where's Old Glory in the after photos?   And, special congrats on the Monarch releases

Bazi nice family photos and all; tks for sharing. Enjoyed the old movie poster for 'Creature From  The Black Lagoon'  I do recall I've seen that
as a child. FXs have come a might long way in film industry.

Lori very nice cake for Lilbro & Jani

Karen I hope you see the finches fledge---it's an  awesome sight!
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #6389 on: June 25, 2023, 05:22:20 PM »

Oh Lori, I want a piece of thar cake!

Thanks ladies for tge plant info!  Verbena is what I was after Clynn.

Lis is Brutus  Misty look  aLike?    Ah, Lizzie, Raven. Midnight and, Angus, another Misty look alike are left!   lizzie is another sweetie!  Shy?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 05:49:21 PM by karengramke »