Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 546562 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12000 on: December 08, 2023, 06:48:32 AM »

HI EVERYONE

KAREN    Good reminder to LISA.  When we moved into this house we had two cats.  We had access to the house before the movers came so we would bring the cats over in their cages and just let them smell the new surroundings while we put a few things away.  The day of the move we brought them over and set them ( caged) in a corner of the kitchen where they would not see all the action.  When all was done we brought them to the basement and sat them next to their litter and left them alone to explore.

EAGLES    Awwww  How sad at the time for you at age 10 to lose Mitsie.

LANI    Wait Wait Wait - the story of medicine lately.  Hope Mike can endure til he gets the shot.  Ins co.  :P   Thanks so much for post our Jane's photos. I don't remember the young pic of her.   She was such a nice person.  You have a busy day.  :o   Hope your women's educational fundraiser makes a lot of money at the auction.  ;)

BAZI   I could hear the Chipmunks song in my head before playing it  LOL  Had it as kids on the record player.  Bet it drove Mom and Dad nuts.  ;D

PHYL   Thanks for Amy's blog  :)
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12001 on: December 08, 2023, 06:53:47 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

baz, oh I remember Alvin and the Chipmunks! The folks bought us this album...and I know they regretted it! We played it over and over! As an adult I find it very annoying!  ::)

Lani, wow, you have a busy day today! Hoping all goes well and you raise a lot of money for your group! And prayers for the quick approval of the shot for Mike.

E4E, I remember when our cat Bogey (my soul cat) somehow got out back in Springfield. I walked the streets around the house many times, and Ed put signs up and went door to door in the neighborhood. We were heartbroken...two or three days later a lady on the next street over called our number from the posters we handed out and said she didn't know what a Siamese cat looked like but there was a strange cat that had been sitting on her porch all morning. She gave Ed the address, he walked over to her house and there he was! Ed picked him up and brought him home!

kb, really enjoyed the video of the typewriter repair shop! When I started working at the mortgage company in 1987 (and even before that at the bank in 1983) everyone had a typewriter at their desk, along with an adding machine. A dumb terminal (no computers). The first fax machine in 1989. One very slow computer in the whole site, for transmitting to FHA. Accounting done on the green ledger sheets.

Phyl, hope your nose is feeling better today! Amy's Blog, very interesting and good videos! I want to throw some fish out there for those hungry eagles!

tsk, how is Tim doing? And what is going on at the church this weekend? Are you done with your goodies for Christmas?

Lisa, so wonderful that you can have a room for Sydney in your house! She will love it! 

« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 07:12:34 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12003 on: December 08, 2023, 07:41:30 AM »

Arggggh! My computer is so slow this morning--as it was last night.
Could hardly get it going and all much less get a task accomplished.

Tsk nice greeting this morning; I had the Chipmunks records and watched the TV show too.  ::)  My poor parents.

CLynn  Scary story about Bogey---wonderful  Ed found him.  When I saw Alvin/Chipmunk post  there was no need to click the link--that Christmas song is forever lodged in my brain. Ditto  on that song  being annoying now. In the late 1980s, I sold my Chipmunk records(only had 3)  to a vinyl collector for $50 . Then I bought some groceries and fulled the tank on the Chevy.   Luv the cuppa with the cookie house on rim.  Luv the Christmas tree---Peace, if only... 
 Thanks for the 'I Love Lucy'  :)

Lisa had to go back and re-read some posts.  Yours---a room for Sydney with her grandparents. How lovely for her and you. She'll love it. I bet you'll have fun decorating

Been almost a week and I never go that long with a dirty 'mop'. LOL   It's going to be real task ---  I'll have to stand with my head tilted a back to the shower head and pray the BPPV doesn't make me fall on my head. LOL       If I bend forward then the dirty water will run down my nose.  Won't be good for an infection.  Speaking of---having adverse reaction to the Augmenten...not surprizing at-all. But somtimes a person's 'system' changes. However, not this time.   My nose is 'itchy' today and the Derma bond is peeling off. That sounds about right though on the Dermabond.    Maybe  a 'paint job' on the face too.  ;D 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 09:42:15 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #12004 on: December 08, 2023, 08:24:33 AM »

No bounce

I haz a sad today... 20 years since my Dad passed.
Happy he hung on long enough to walk me down the aisle when I was 48.

Next best memory: one Easter during our annual after brunch kite flying with the cousins across the parkway at the "updraft hill", he brought over a huge ball of string under his jacket and secretly tied it to my kite. Hours later when the other families went home and we could barely see my kite a couple blocks away, he and my Bro built a winder out of wood. It still took an hour to land. I won. LOL.
Thanx Daddy.

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #12005 on: December 08, 2023, 08:26:43 AM »

Phyl - An option for you may be to schedule a hair trim with shampoo - no danger of falling or getting water on your nose...
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #12006 on: December 08, 2023, 08:39:12 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1731481905235964402

Lisa - maybe an item to keep the kitties occupied during the move?...

Morning all

LisaG1967

« Reply #12007 on: December 08, 2023, 08:59:05 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Phyl - Love the lil sweaters last night.  Chicken parm sounds delish.  I have not made that in a while.  Thanks for DOTY and RRP post.  How's the nose feeling?

karen - I will be sure to let them know.  They would both be devastated if Stewie or Ziva got out.

E4E - It's about the same distance to Bradley's work from his apartment, as to his new home.  I like the idea too of having a lil room for Sydney.  I do not want a junk room...LOL

Lani - Big gentle ((hugs)) for Mike.  Enjoy your day at your women's educational fundraiser.  Good luck with your auction.

baz - Thanks for the tunes.   ;D

tsk - Good cat advice, too. I am relaying this to Bradley, as well as karen's

clynn - Annoying yes, but don't you find yourself singing like the chipmunks  ;D ;D  Love the lil Gingerbread houses on the coffee mug.

((tig))

kb - That is a great idea!  I downloaded something like that from Friskies when I had the kittens here at the house and they loved it.

Morning oldguy, Puff, and all  :)

Puff

« Reply #12008 on: December 08, 2023, 09:07:44 AM »

Mornin' Lisa

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #12009 on: December 08, 2023, 09:28:07 AM »

current 40 - high 60

Lani - Long day for you & Mike in the Valley yesterday for his medical appts - sure hope the shot on the 22nd gives him immediate relief.  So nice of you to help at the Women's fundraiser today - bet you will be very busy in the kitchen.  I'm sure it will be a great success! :) :)    Thank you for posting JaneCR pictures.

Bazi - Alvin & the Chipmunks  ;D

Phyl - Thank you for your kind words.  Hope your nose is healing nicely, although it will undoubtedly take a while. {{Phyl}}   Liked Peregrine Falcon in 365.

Tsk - Thank you so much.   You did the right thing in how you introduced your two cats to your new home when you first moved in. :)

Clynn - Thank you for your story of when your Bogey went missing, and so happy you & Ed got him back!   Like the cast of I Love Lucy with the Christmas tree - I saw that episode!! ;D

Tig - Awe, sending a special hug to you today on the 20 yr anniversary of your Dad passing. {{Tig}}   Love the wonderful story of Easter long ago when your Father brought that huge ball of string for your kite!!!! What a fun & special memory!!!! :-* :-* :-*

Og - That is a good suggestion for Phyl!

Kb - Interesting way to keep the kitties occupied - never saw that before! :)

Beakers have a nice day.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12010 on: December 08, 2023, 10:16:34 AM »

CLYNN    LOL  There has to be a stronger word than annoying   ;) ;D   Happy ending for Bogey  ;)
The Advent giving drive - going on since the weekend after Thanksgiving - ends this weekend.  Hectic time.  Tim doing good  ;D    The Ricardos and Mertzes  ;D

PHYL   Good 365  Tim saw our Cooper's hawk this AM fly into the arborvitae and pick out a tasty breakfast and carry it away.  :'( :'(     What if you wore a mask in the shower??

(((TIG)))  Love the kite memory of Dad  :-* :-*

OLDGUY   Great idea for Phyl!

KB    The cats really seem to like that IPAD game  LOLOL  And they figured out how to play it  ;D

LISA   Heart shaped mugs - Right up my alley  ;D   Could you also make that room into an office as well? Or do you already have an office space?

EAGLES  What a cheerful AM post.  ;D
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #12011 on: December 08, 2023, 10:30:00 AM »

Dad's two favorite jokes:

What do you call 100 rabbits walking backward? A receding hare line.
Where was the first donut fried? In Greece.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #12012 on: December 08, 2023, 11:19:36 AM »

Good morning!  High today of 66!   Piper says woof, woof!
Tig, you have special happy memories of your Dad, be Happy in remembering Him and the good things!
Phyl, great suggestion from Old Guy!   Another is ,if you have a walk in shower, install a hand held  shower head, get a no slip mat and a chair!  Recommend a potty chair with the bucket removed!   Best investment I ever made!
Lisa, can you board the cats at your home for the weekend?  Use Sydneys room? Received a first time catalog  the other day that was interesting,,   They are on line, called Olive and .cocoa, it is from Utah. Expensive but some different things to perhaps duplicate! lani, have fun in the kitchen,  what are you cooking?  Good luck with the fundraiser!   I find with the back shots it usually takes two to get the best relief!  Hate them!
Phyl, hard to get appointments now as folks are going to mds now in droves as deductibles have been met.  Do not want to go after the first!
The dog in the snow waS funny!   No problem seeing it, clicked that the x in the upper right hand corner to eliminate the ad and the video began playing.I think that would be Piper.
Tsk, good news for Tim!  Dont work too hard today!
Beakers, have a good day!  Bbl

LisaG1967

« Reply #12013 on: December 08, 2023, 01:09:26 PM »

E4E - Love the cute lil snowman morning greeting. 

tsk
- We have an office in one of our smaller bedrooms. 

tig - LOL,  great jokes!

karen - Looked up your Olive & Cocoa...nice stuff!  Jeff would rather not stress out Bandit with anymore kitties coming into the house, and I highly doubt Bradley & Kelly would let the kitties come here.  Stewie has been thru the moving process before, its Ziva who went from my house to shelter to Bradley's.   

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #12014 on: December 08, 2023, 03:30:59 PM »

TGIF, BEAKERS!!  WOOT!!!

;D :-* :-*

I walked 47 minutes today... followed a new-to-me path today, for new sights and sounds, and different pooches to greet who were on walks with their humans.  :D :-* :-*  I missed my walk on Wednesday and Thursday, so it was nice to get it in today - much nicer weather for it today, too - warmer, with calm wind today - not the 33 mph gusty winds like I had 2 days ago. LOL.

My new refrigerator is scheduled to deliver Jan. 3rd. I will be glad when it's here. Living out of my freezer is not fun, since I have to completely forgo some foods that require refrigeration but don't adapt to being frozen very easily.

Last night I baked a whole fillet side of Alaska salmon - one that got away from the Brooks Falls bears.  ;)  I had bought a bag of fresh Roma tomatoes, so I quartered them and put them in the baking dish with the whole salmon side, to roast with it. Lots of herbs and spices, of course.  I steamed some cauliflower, and I reheated a fourth of a baked sweet potato that was a frozen leftover. I've been missing my normal veggies recently, so it was so good to have several last night with dinner. All the leftovers were portioned and frozen to have again - they will make 3 more meals, so I will have the same dinner tonight as last night.  ;)  Thank goodness I'm not a Diva when it comes to reheating leftovers.  ;) 8)

Phyl, have you ever tried dry shampoo? It might be something you could use in emergencies, or when you don't want to get your head wet.  I have helped a couple of people use it when they were in the hospital.  It's not like getting a real shampoo, of course, but it helps in a pinch!

Waving to All the Beakers!  Have a good evening All!  :D

It's...

« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 03:34:40 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center