Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 490105 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11970 on: December 07, 2023, 07:42:05 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - I hope you got a better night's sleep last night. 

baz - Do the twins live where it is warm?  I notice they have short sleeves on. 

tsk - Yep, I agree that napping can disrupt your night's sleep.  I bet he was tired too from being at the hospital and being woke up all hours of the night by the nurses.

Phyl - Sounds like a good report from the NP.  Hope you get an appt with the ENT soon.  Thanks for the history of Pearl Harbor, 365, and RRP post.  I remember that day...HM trying to keep DH2 dry.

E4E - We are thinking about renting a truck for the stuff that Bradley still has here at my house...bed, book cases, TV, entertainment center.  He doesn't need those right away, so no rush on that.  We are helping him move stuff from their apartment to the new house, that he does not want the movers to move and throw around. 

Lani - Have a fun time in the valley today.  :D

tsk - Your peanut clusters sounded yummy.  Are they hard to make? 

Happy Heavenly Birthday to JANE CR

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11971 on: December 07, 2023, 07:50:07 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lisa, love your cute Christmas coffee cup! I think renting a truck will make it so much easier for you and Jeff!

Phyl, thanks for Amy's Blog, the video of 'shelter in the storm' is definitely one of those endearing moments when our hearts and prayers go out for our eagles... cute little shore birds, love watching them run when the waves come in. Great 365, although I couldn't tell the difference in the birds! Hope your schnauz is feeling better today!  Pearl Harbor, still a day we remember well, even if we weren't even born when it happened. I wonder if kids of today will still remember in the future...  Wow, high will be 61 here today!  Ed and Kelsey got home about 4:30 yesterday, both were glad to be home!

Lani, so you are driving to the valley this morning! Maybe you and Mike can do a little Christmas shopping and have dinner together! Sweet kitty sleeping under the tree...

E4E, love the goodnight pic, the best of both worlds! Sitting outside around a fire, with snow coming down and a snowman!

tsk, Sounds like Tim is doing well, hope he can avoid the naps and sleep well at night. Ed has a lot of trouble sleeping through the night. His great niece works in a cannabis dispensary in Springfield and gave him something to try. He said he slept through the night... and that is really something for him! He said his doctor told him he would give him a prescription for it but Iowa doesn't have anything worked out very well. Anyway, it's a lot less expensive if you have a doctor's prescription in Illinois. I think he said it was a 35% tax if no prescription.

karen, glad you got your bed working so you can sleep like a baby!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #11972 on: December 07, 2023, 08:17:42 AM »

On a trail cam video..

Morning all.

Going up to a whopping 51 today!....we so so deserve this. Our average high temp for this day is 31.

Later

LisaG1967

« Reply #11973 on: December 07, 2023, 08:43:53 AM »

kb - You are having a heat wave at 51° today.  :D

clynn - Love the dried fruit tree!  Yes, I think renting a truck would be very helpful. 

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11974 on: December 07, 2023, 08:51:25 AM »

Posting for karen:

SWFL - Hazel Sky - December 2 at 1:07 PM  · Mighty M brooding his eggs....
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #11975 on: December 07, 2023, 08:52:38 AM »

current 44 - high 60 - chance of showers

Phyl - Sounds like a good prognosis - just need some time to heal - take care. :)   Yes - National Pearl Harbor remembrance day - thank you for posting history.   Cute Sanderlings in 365.

Lani - Bet your home is nice & cozy and no wonder Norman is sleeping so well - hope collar is helping Milo.  Have a nice trip into the Valley to see Mike. ;D

Morning Tsk!

LisaG - Hope you can have some good quality time with Sydney while the moving activity is going on. :)

Clynn - Happy to know Ed & Kelsey got home safe & sound yesterday - bet they were so happy to see you and to sleep in their own beds again. :)

Kb - Beautiful cubs!  Glad you will have a bit 'warmer' of temp today.

Remembering JaneCR on her heavenly birthday

Beakers have a nice day.

karengramke

« Reply #11976 on: December 07, 2023, 09:21:42 AM »

Bright sunny day with temps of 44 now going to a high of 61!  This will be for one hour at 3pm.  It seems like the upper mid west is having a milder season than usual this year!  El Nino and climate change?  Not good for native flora and fauna!
Clynn, love the cartoon of the adjustable bed!  I guess in real life it is even funny!   There are just so many things in life you cannot take too seriously!  Particularly those you have no control over!   Any way, slept very well!  Load of laundry in the dryer.
Planning on a visit to a farmers market after the ent visit.  They say, Georgia grown and at Christmas have chocolate covered pecans!  Gave some to the help at the home last year and they are reportedly very good.  The vet goes there often.
Lisa, truck rental sounds good!   Wow. You will have a lot of empty space at your house  when all of Bradleys things move out!  Has it all been in one room?
Lani, have fun in the valley!
Phyl, how is the nose?   No sneezing or blowing allowed!   The good thing about this is that it will heal!
Off to dress for the appointment today!  Lol, I will put on a tad of make up!   Lol
Eagles, our temps for the day are about the same!

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #11977 on: December 07, 2023, 11:02:34 AM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Puff

« Reply #11978 on: December 07, 2023, 11:24:45 AM »

Smiled at your last added comment KarenG  For the week there have been a few mentions of makeup habits.  Personally, I don't go anywhere without my "natural beauty" on.  Even if I go out to feed the birds, water the flowers, get the mail - even then I have to at least put on lips.  Last thing I pass leaving the house is a floor to ceiling 8 foot wide sliding mirrored doors .  I don't like seeing anything blah aka ugly!  Just my thing; lots of reasons behind it.

I also have been following the December 7 rememberances.  Please take this to heart.  The memorial is unbelievaby moving and emotional.  They have changed tour requirements; it takes time and efforts.  Don't wait for last minute.

It's amazing and sad that some arrive never even learning the facts and happenings of that day.  They first start with old, old film clips of the events of the day.  Then there's a short transfer sail out to the monument.  If you know and care there is no way on God's earth that you'll not have your emotions overtake you. 

Such an enormous feeling.  If you have the opportunity never overlook this.  I've been fortunate to have seen and done much.  I've never felt such deep emotions.

Another newer added visit to add is a tour of the USS Missouri.  Last commission was during the Gulf War.  Guides leading you through the decks are retired military personnel; they know everything and have many special comments on what things are or were.  Most overwhelming feeling there, for me, was standing under on the huge deck under the overpowering size of the deck guns/cannons.  WOW.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 11:26:30 AM by Puff »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11979 on: December 07, 2023, 12:12:47 PM »

LISA    Another pretty winter mug.  Layering in the crockpot several chocolate layers over dry roasted peanuts- letting it all melt on low for a couple hours. Stirring.  Tedious part is getting teaspoonfuls into  - I used - mini cupcake papers - Makes a ton - about 75  LOL  Ran out of papers.  You can google and find a lot of similar recipes for these.

CLYNN  Funny you should mention the cannabis - My Florida girlfriend who's husband died 3 months ago couldn't sleep.  Long story - a doc wrote prescription for cannabis chewies and she sleeps like a baby on just half a one...no after affects.  Since then she has found a ton of people who have been using this for years to sleep!!!!  All new to me.  Glad it works for Ed.  Every state, like you suggest, is different - some don't even require doc prescription.    LOLOL  Cartoon for KAREN.   Happy to hear the travelers are home safe and sound.

KB  You've got us beat- 48 and breezy so feels even cooler.  BUT is a sunny day  - long in coming.

KAREN  Enjoy your afternoon out.

Norman Lear passed yesterday at 101 - am sure it's been all over the news.
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #11981 on: December 07, 2023, 12:29:04 PM »

Lisa & Jeff

Love & miss ya Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, E4E, KB, Bazi, pink, Blschue, T40, Lilbro, BrokenLug,  Nora, Jaspurr, Phyliz, EBURG, Karen, Jilltosa, Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee,  MpMom, Godiva, Ginger, Oma, Weasel, Maxie, Lindy, Nanimal, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, Ruby, Paulie, F22Raptor, the Cheers group & ALL of you special eagle lovers!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #11982 on: December 07, 2023, 12:35:25 PM »

clynn - Thanks for the pic from karen of Mighty M.

E4E - Thank you, and I hope so, too!

karen - Jeff already has plans to junk it up, and I am like NO.  We are not making this room a junk room.  It is going to be Sydney's room now.

Lori - Good to see you! LOL, it's a beaut Clark!  I love the VW bus all decked out!

Puff - I am like you...I do not step out the house without my full face on. And, the only time you will catch me without one on is when I am having surgery!  ;D

tsk - Thank you on the mug.  I wish I could some of those pretty mugs for my own use.  Oh, the peanut cluster don't sound too hard to make.

Emyrauld

« Reply #11983 on: December 07, 2023, 12:37:16 PM »

Makeup posts reminded me of a limmerick my mom used to cite

As a beauty I am not a star
There are those much more handsome by far
But my face, I don’t mind it
For I am behind it
It’s the one’s out in front get the jar

A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11984 on: December 07, 2023, 01:02:52 PM »

Happy Day to All the Beakers! :)

https://www.tiktok.com/@goodnewscorrespondent/video/7308485921027001631

Tig, LOLOL! That dachshund is the cutest!!  :D  :-*  I hope Camper is feeling better, and you are continuing to be better.

Lisa, my twin "greats" live in Charlotte - it was in the 70s several days there last week.  I know B&K are so thankful for the help you and Jeff give them, and will give them with their move to their new home. What an exciting Christmas it's going to be!  :)

Karen, I'm glad you slept better, and hope your back is better, too. That is a GREAT cam shot of The Might M at SWFL.  :-* :-*

Emyrauld! Great to see you stopping by The Beak!  LOLOL, love your ditty about makeup!!  ;D

Clynn, glad Ed and Kelsey are back home safely. Thanks for posting Karen's pic from SWFL. Your pic of the Owl family on their ledge nest reminds me so much of Allesondra's OKC GHO owl cam from their original nesting location on her family's home's balcony with the live cam and moderated chat her father created. I watched that cam all hours of the day and night and was a regular on their chatroll there, for several years, even after the Owls moved their nest. I felt like I got to know Allesondra's whole family, including their aunt (I think she was), who lived nearby and posted her own photos of the owls on neighbors' roofs and in trees nearby after they fledged.  :D :-*  You must be busier than ants at a picnic, getting ready for an early Christmas gathering at your house, and for travels. I hope you put your feet up with your fav adult beverage as often as needed.  ;) :D

((TSK)), I'm so glad Tim is resting well, and hope he can get the best treatment to control his symptoms. I can taste those yummy homemade morsels you're making all the way from your house! Lucky recipients of them! And of your church's Advent packages.  :) :-*

Lani, safe travels to the valley, and enjoy your time there with Mike.  :)

Lori, Happy Thursday backatcha!  :D  LOL on all the kitty Christmas fun!  I think Destini might've played the title role in, "It's a Wonderful Lap."   ;) ;D :-*

Remembering JaneCR on her birthday. Her kind spirit, and knowledgeable posts in several threads, are remembered and missed.  :-*

« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 01:09:17 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center