Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 652295 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25290 on: July 19, 2022, 05:15:23 PM »

Endicott Ice ...  25:12        104°  (3:01 pm)   Mostly blue sky, bright sun and my favorite tree is dancing in the wind.  Rain  ?

Hi you two ... and anyone else visiting here.

Cal, my daughter, Michelle found that live connection to the new Space Telescope.  I opened it up and sat there for a long time, totally in awe.  I thought of the age of those views and stars, and wondering what is there now, billions of light years away.  It is wonderful! 

Whoever invented the walkers and knee scooters and all - Bless them for making lives easier. 

Hi Joho, You gave your cousin a day out to remember.  That was really nice.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #25291 on: July 19, 2022, 05:21:26 PM »

hi joho just checked my weather its 99 real feel is 105 :( barn is at 85 which really is pretty good. can feel cool air from all ducts and in front of fans feels good not in front of fan or under a duct little warm. sweets was on his side under his duct fan blowing sound asleep. this morning i looked up into furnace saw coils dirty again instead of waiting for jim later to hose it out i googled and used warm water with some dawn in the spray bottle sprayed the coils went back in got a new sift toothbrush paper towels and looked up used that toothbrush real careful going up and down way fins are and got that thick crud off wiped it on paper towels took me awhile but boy air really coming out and really cool too. its a barn but i duct taped up lots of open spaces keep out hay dust dirt i hope i will clean it every day if i have too. come on winter. what a good time you had with ken! covered bridge sounds cool! finding graves that was good! im sure ken was so happy to be with you! have fun at marys cookout! wow debs neighbor has covid. next month im getting my flu shot and ask about covid booster again. i only got two both j&j
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25292 on: July 19, 2022, 05:36:58 PM »

hi neva we are on the same time path today! i watched that space telescope on and off it is so amazing! tell michelle thank you! i know age of those stars billions of light years away hard to wrap my mind around that! yes bless walkers knee scooters! cane is helpful real helpful threaten penny when she growls at griz cause is laying in HIS bed which is next to other dog bed and growling at her sister brownie for looking at her my favorite part of the day in my dark cold room all dogs are sound asleep im getting ready to lay down watch little tv. im so happy you got that walker!  :) i hate we have to use one but it is what it is and we can get around do our chores. looking at my forecast tomorrow 94 real feel 98 thursday fri sat 103 real feel 107  :( just saw tucson 104 and says no precipitation for at least 60 min.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25293 on: July 19, 2022, 05:46:17 PM »

cousin janice

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25294 on: July 20, 2022, 05:09:12 AM »

hi you guys its 78 here 74 in the barn lots of raccoonies when i went out my side door there are big bushes on either side of the sidewalk and a raccoonie was sleeping in one of them climbed down for a cookie. maybe was there too. i wish she would stay in the barn at night every night. she looked in the garage and coaly cat he looked back at her.

Hi neva on the world news talking about az dark skies best for star gazing.

Hi joho!

griz  barking and i best go lots to do and i am slow.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BA055D503C9C?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25295 on: July 20, 2022, 08:52:26 AM »

5:43 hot already.  Went for a mile bike ride already this morning, but it was not fun.  Too hot and too much wind. Now finally got to do puzzle.  Thanks Cal.  Been checking TV cam and chat.  "Tasted Funny" LOL 
Hi Neva.  Thanks for the telescope live cam.  I wish I knew more of what all those beautiful images mean. 
CUL GBU and GB Ukraine.
Go Nancy.  Tell China to put a sock in it.  Tell Taiwan get those chips over here now.

calihoula

« Reply #25296 on: July 20, 2022, 10:35:45 AM »

3:24

hi joho yes hot but around here be worse tomorrow friday sat really hot satin putin hot.  i mowed the dogs yard earlier then cleaned more on pearls ac coils they had dirty places maybe tried to come in while i was on my back looking up cleaning those coils mouse came in looked at me i said you better go it went maybe was not there did pearls med too cleaned up pearls area did load of laundry im pooped on a break oh cleaned outside coil too man her ac is working great! my cat wants back out in the garage from laundry room yes too hot to ride a bike and a mile! i like nancy i dont know what she said but she cant stand putin either. saw putin in iran couple of devil worshippers

neva

« Reply #25297 on: July 20, 2022, 04:47:47 PM »

Nature ...  22:49     99° (2:22)   Slightly hazy, windy and cooler than I had expected.  Alexa says, ''it probably won't rain today, there's only a 20%  chance until 3pm,  but maybe thunderstorms on July 22nd''  She's a lot of fun.  🌵⛈️⛈️

Yes Cal, maybe you're going to have to remind maybe about the Coyotes.  To really see the night sky, in all its beauty, one has to get away from city lights or towns even... the desert is a wonderful place to do that.  Wonderful for photographers.  You can clearly see the Milky Way.  You just have to do it in a safe place. 

Hi Joho.  You are welcome regarding the Telescope connection.  Michelle is glad to share it.  Last night, on PBS, 'Nova', they had a show about that new telescope.  Maybe they will show it again.

I will have to look up what Nancy said to Darth Vader
        Oh ... nothing to do with Putin.  Nancy has annoyed the Chinese.  She wants and plans to visit Taiwan and the Chinese say "NO!!" 
        ...  or else!

« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 05:18:07 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #25298 on: July 20, 2022, 05:52:47 PM »

hi neva! so funny your alexa love your little cactus and clouds! :) yes it said desert great to see milky way no lights no lights here no street lights some farmers do have like a big street light on their property have to pay light com for that. desert is the best for stars lol darth vadar chinese not the boss of nancy these dictators tyranny wish the world was free of them. you said in a safe place watching milky way what all is there to fear? world news was also talking about all the shark attacks people out there paddle boarding with them. nutty nut nuts i saw jaws even if i did not my common sense says stay outta of water!you really should cause you cant swim! leave them sharks alone neva! :)

calhound

« Reply #25299 on: July 21, 2022, 04:56:50 AM »

hi you guys it is nice out its 68 but today 100 how can that be its 55 light rain in iceland when i came out of the barn and lots of raccoonies and kids maybe came back out with me i always look at the stars moon and i saw a shooting star i wished for peace on earth. everyone free no dictators no evil in anyones heart. i know wasted wish but i wished for it.

i got to go to the city this morning see dr platte get my new tooth for the new implant i got and he is going to drill up this other implant that is loose from my fall on my face in the barn i really hope it just needs to be tighten if not and its the implant im going to tell him just fill it back up not getting it fixed i will live with it.

GB Ukraine! Strike down putin

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/DB055D5023C1?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25300 on: July 21, 2022, 10:03:47 AM »

Forgot to look at time on Mallard, but I see average is 6 minutes and I am nothing if not Average.  So 6 minutes for me. LOL
Nice here but pretty warm now. 81 degrees at 11am.  Went for 2 mile ride this morning at 8 am.  Got a little sweaty.  Saw a lot of neighbors walking and riding.  Went by Chloe's home while garage door was going up.  So I went back to see if she was coming out.  She was not. Just her dad, Brad, doing something in garage.  Needed some daylight I guess.
Gotta go see foot doctor right after lunch.  So I better go wash my feet etc. Don't want to offend. LOL  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #25301 on: July 22, 2022, 02:29:08 AM »

Duck ... 28:25       91°  (12:14 am)   supposed to be 107° tomorrow.

Hi you two ... I hope your day was a good one.  Especially, Cal, I hope you had good luck with that tooth.

What I mean by a safe place to look at the stars out there in the dark, in the desert ... lots of stuff lives out there that you don't want to mess with and need to be able to see clearly ... rattlesnakes, scorpions, mountain lions and more.  It is pitch black out there for the most part at night.  The desert is beautiful, but not always quite as peaceful as it looks.

Hi Joho.  That's great that you got some exercise on your bike.
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25302 on: July 22, 2022, 05:03:31 AM »

Relieved Again, Jack is Back - UPDATE July 21, 2022

One-eyed Jack
About 10 AM this morning One-eyed Jack relieved many by casually checking in and letting us know that he made it through another year and letting Black Bear Field Study Course participant Kathy Roye photograph the white hairs on his face and feet. I hope he becomes a regular visitor again. I checked my diary, and we first saw him on August 5, 2002 when he was an adolescent three to five years old, making him 23-25 years old today—about the age of Ted.

Jack's right front foot

We’re also waiting for other regulars of the past that have less need to visit with so much food in the woods. It again disproves the old belief that bears become lazy and dependent when they find easy supplemental food. The truth is that they continue to prefer wild foods and, as we have found over and over, they work hard foraging for wild foods when they are available. It may be harder to determine who survived through another winter and who didn’t if some of them don’t bother to stop in.

Hazelnut clusterAs another example of the abundance of hazelnuts this year, someone sent me this picture of a cluster of five hazelnuts that we don’t often see. After all the rain, the nuts are robust and getting ready to make bears happy and make people wonder where all the bears went. A good hazelnut year herald production of many cubs as young bears gain the weight needed to maintain pregnancies and produce their first litters.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #25303 on: July 22, 2022, 05:13:59 AM »

hi you guys its 74 here lots of raccoonies i got a mom and her kid that sleeps on our roof over my bathroom when i went out the side door again awhile ago she climbed down from roof onto that big bush kid right behind her. so happy jack turned up i did not know he was as old as ted bless his heart and god please keep watch over him and other bears.

hi neva yes lots to be safe from in the desert! yesterday dr plattes office call me at 7:30 am and told me he had a family er made my appt for monday at 10 am okay thanks for calling. i went to put it on my calendar and monday at 10 am joe comes to do pearls nails so i called them back said i cant do it monday joe comes to do pearls nail and he is 6 weeks out and her nails more important than my tooth so now it is next wed at 8am which i like that time alot better get there early and get home early. i read usa is now going to give ukraine fighter jets the kind pres zen been asking for from the get go f16 and other countries we are worried about china now too they are watching with this war that is dragging on too long i just hope we can help ukraine and end this read too putin not sick at all which i figured just sick in the head too bad. be nice if he fell over dead.

Hi Joho yes you do so good with your bike! how did it go with the foot doctor?

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B6055D5B6EE3?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #25304 on: July 22, 2022, 03:13:53 PM »

hi neva real feel here is 106 saw on weather channel its 105 for you guess i live in the desert after all its 85 in the barn  :) well i like those dune books last one not so much but now i just got from my library sandworms wrote by dune writer frank son brian. cousin janice going on about hot in tx where she lives its 82 and thunderstorms we have a generator for the barn jim said got it last winter cause i was worried sweets gets cold shivers cant have that either its brand new he is putting plugs on wiring from barn fuse box if power goes out turn off fuse box at breaker then plug into generator and start it up. will power everything in the barn.  :)

hi joho what you do today?