Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 626931 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25320 on: July 26, 2022, 05:20:22 AM »

hi you guys it is nice here its 64 raining but still cool rained all night but barn did not flood and maybe stayed in the barn. had a mom and kid waiting for me at the door they were soaked but wanted those cookies and tons in the barn came out i try to hurry put out all the dry dog food in the pans first only so many cookies got to go get more this morning. its 55 and raining in iceland

hi neva! i love that picture of irwin family!! just so sad about steve but his family has really carried on. robt looks just like him. acts like him too with his love for the crocs and etc bindy too. teri too. so nice to see that picture this morning. well good you got that rain not good getting that humidity. i was thinking this morning when i went out sure do wish cal and others with that wildfires would get this weather those wildfires just make me sick putin sick. saw on the world news they have well i just googled it

An experiment to assess the response of northern peatland ecosystems to increases in temperature and exposures to elevated atmospheric CO2 concentrations.

The SPRUCE experiment is the primary component of the Terrestrial Ecosystem Science Scientific Focus Area of ORNL's Climate Change Program, focused on terrestrial ecosystems and the mechanisms that underlie their responses to climatic change. The experimental work is to be conducted in a Picea mariana [black spruce] – Sphagnum spp. bog forest in northern Minnesota, 40 km north of Grand Rapids, in the USDA Forest Service Marcell Experimental Forest (MEF). The site is located at the southern margin of the boreal peatland forest. It is an ecosystem considered especially vulnerable to climate change, and anticipated to be near its tipping point with respect to climate change. Responses to warming and interactions with increased atmospheric CO2 concentration are anticipated to have important feedbacks on the atmosphere and climate, because of the high carbon stocks harbored by such ecosystems.

and then it showed a whale that breach a boat the whale was not hurt ty god no one was hurt but mainly the whale was not

https://youtu.be/1rHoI7ED6OU

hi joho! it is raining there too?

GB Ukraine! Whale land on Putin.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/64055D4B2A09

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

neva

« Reply #25321 on: July 26, 2022, 03:28:36 PM »

Mt. Fuji ... 26:23     91°  (12:53 pm)   Clouds off to the east and there's a small breeze.  They predict rain, but who knows ????  It's cooler today. so that's something.

Hi you two ...  and anyone stopping by here.  I hope your day is going as you would want it to.

Cal ... they sure get a lot of rain in Iceland.  I notice that their weather this time of year is pretty steady.  With that much rain, they should be the ones called Greenland, I think.

One of my closest friends, Joni  (since we were thirteen) lives in the hills/foothills north of Pasadena  (Tujunga) and I worry about her with these fires and mudslides and all that they have over there.  I wish her house were in a better location.  She has another place in Las Vegas.  If she lives there instead, then there are the water problems.  You can't win for losing.  She would like to stay in California, but is thinking to sell that house and live in Vegas instead.  Well, at least she has a choice.  If I were her, I think I would consider selling both places and buying something more comfortable for her age and current activities and interests.

Bindy's husband and daughter:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 03:35:10 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #25322 on: July 26, 2022, 05:46:09 PM »

hi neva love that picture! bindi husband looks like a really nice guy i saw one show he was on it long ago but no baby yet she is so cute happy family steve would be proud. so her husband works with them? i thought he did from that one show he released a khola bear. yes iceland rains too much funny greenland  :) yes still calling for rain for you im getting more tonight but been nice all day barn ac kicked on just a few times then shut off oops no reading glasses on i spelled shut wrong good i caught it weather channel showing flooding in st louis mo i heard it on pearls radio bad. yes lake mead is awful so low saw it on weather channel thats a good channel to watch vegas needs rain bad oh vegas at bottom of weather channel 95 but have to wait for it to come up ok no rain for vegas for at least next 60 minutes doesnt mean it will rain then either i would move from a fire zone i would not want to live in cal period cost fires etc  here is tucson 90 no rain for at least 60 minutes. yes neva i would sell both live in a condo or assis living and not in cal but if she has to live in a single standing home vegas. when we have to leave here a condo or assi living no yard work no outside maintence probably condo really nice ones in richmond have back area little one a garage  me on one side jim on the other, be prefect. or i may just up and die here god says come on well if all my kids done left okay. i go see see dr platte at 8 am in the morning so will be leaving early hope i just got a screw loose! is that bindis house in picture?
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25323 on: July 26, 2022, 05:51:29 PM »

i forgot neva so cool how long you and joni been friends you guys are so lucky to still have each other. 
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25324 on: July 26, 2022, 06:31:31 PM »

It's raining, and don't know how long it will last, but it is wonderful!   
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #25325 on: July 26, 2022, 09:09:15 PM »

5:37 Looks like a scene from Forrest Gump during his three year run.
Early bike ride around the puddles was a long one.  Very cool and nice.
Went to Letha House Lake and caught several big catfish.  Missed several more too LOL.
On way back to car I found a large patch of ripe blackberries.  They were delicious.  I usually expect to see them after August 1st.  I will try to find a farm from my past where one day I bought some.  I may have to use google to find the farm.  I have tried over the years to retrace my path the day I found them, but with no luck.  I will pick my own if I find them.  I may go into some fields too and look.  I did this as a child and mom would always make the best cobbler.  It is a favorite memory of mine.  I don't remember my brothers and sisters helping me pick.  I don't know why.  They probably helped.  I just don't recall. 
Soo nice to hear Neva has some rain.  We had a lot in the night, but of course nothing like St Louis. Nice too that Cal has some cool air around.  This weather reminds me of August instead of July.
Well getting sleepy.  Eyes watering so good night and GBU.  GBUkraine too.

calhound

« Reply #25326 on: July 27, 2022, 04:47:07 AM »

First Loon Chicks, Four Amigos - UPDATE July 26, 2022

Loon Family
We thought the pontoon ride was exciting, seeing the den where Hope was born, seeing an eagle chick still in the nest, and then seeing loons. Then we saw something we’d about given up on. Loon chicks next to a calm mother and father. The chicks were smaller than we would have thought for this time of year, which we don’t understand, but loon chicks of any size are one of the things that make the lake seem right.

Of course, bears are what we are all about, and the biggest excitement is seeing certain bears and knowing they are okay. Jack and Pete showing up were great, but the frosting on the moment was three male yearlings (Lincoln, Desi, and Elvis) and a 2-year-old male (Jackson) hanging out and playing together. All are from different mothers: Chloe, Lucy, Donna, and RC, in order.

It is good being among people who have hearts for bears.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25327 on: July 27, 2022, 04:57:33 AM »

Hi you guys its 70 here raining hoping it ends before i have to drive to the city. such beautiful picture of the loons. its so nice to have people that care about all the animals. lots of raccoonies in the barn a really little kid new to coming and it ran to the side inside a hay tunnel i threw out a cookie by opening and it stuck out its little head and was going to get that cookie and its mom ran over from all the pans of food and got it  >:( i made sure it got a cookie.

Hi Neva! yay you did get more rain it said you would!

Hi Joho! Picking blackberries was kinda tuff thorny it soon will be august i do not like sept cause of bear murdering season kill a bear leave little cubs motherless putins you hunters are nothing but putins. You sure did have a full day!  :)

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/4D055D51167A

johoward

« Reply #25328 on: July 27, 2022, 06:10:23 AM »

6:57  Now got to get paper etc.  CUL GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25329 on: July 27, 2022, 05:22:19 PM »

hi you guys well i got my new tooth first felt weird no big space there then felt good did not get my loose implant fix its my eyetooth narrow small tooth dr platte cant drill in it he said be a huge hole and break it tooth is narrow my new one a molar for one but has a cap on the bottom i need it tightened just take cap off tighten it eyetooth has no wide bottom he said when it gets so loose i can spin it say what come back i think he will tighten whole tooth then.  joe pearls farrier he was saying how hot for him doing horses i said hot in ford plant he said they got fans he said was going to be nice today well it is hot humid okay in barn its 81 in there just saw temp here its 87 real feel is 98 hot joe on the way home news said 10,000 cows died in kansas due to heat couldnt spray them down with water? couldnt have many ponds in place really upset me poor cows this heat is dangerous come on oct crazy drivers out today motorcycles weaving in and out lots of wrecks with them come on oct.

calihoula

« Reply #25330 on: July 27, 2022, 05:56:03 PM »

Blinken said on Wednesday that he expects to speak with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in the coming days to discuss a “top priority” for the US: the release of Griner, a basketball star; and Whelan, a former marine.

The United States has put a “substantial proposal on the table” to facilitate the release of US citizens Brittney Griner and Paul Whelan, both held by Russia in what the US has termed “wrongful detention”, US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken said.

calihoula

« Reply #25331 on: July 27, 2022, 05:57:31 PM »

Ukrainian forces using U.S.-supplied precision artillery severely damaged a bridge vital to the Russian military's supply lines in occupied Kherson, Ukraine authorities said Wednesday.

"Successful missile strikes on bridges over the Dnipro River by #UAarmy create an impossible dilemma for russian occupiers in #Kherson," the Ukrainian Defense Ministry tweeted. "Retreat or be annihilated by #UAarmy. The choice is theirs."

The bridge is one of two crossings over the river that Russia uses to transport personnel and equipment to territories it occupies. The strike didn't aim to destroy the bridge but to make it impossible for the Russian military to use, Ukraine's Operational Command South spokeswoman Nataliya Gumenyuk said.

The Ukrainians used a High Mobility Artillery Rocket System the U.S. has been supplying in recent weeks. Russia has relied on less-precise artillery to indiscriminately shell civilian areas since its invasion began five months ago.

neva

« Reply #25332 on: July 27, 2022, 08:12:52 PM »

Tropical Falls ... 27:24      88°  (5:52 pm)   Heavily cloudy, and not too breezy.  Cal, is any of that flooding in your part of the state?  I need to pull up a map and look.

Hi you two ...

Cal ... I'm glad to hear that you got your new tooth, and that the other will be tightened and fixed too. 

My granddaughter, Bella (Isabella) is 22 today.  It has been a pleasure watching that girl grow up.  She is about to start a study program to become a Dental Assistant, and then later go on to become a Dental Hygienist. 

(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25333 on: July 28, 2022, 04:47:43 AM »

hi you guys it 72 here and my laundry garage cat feral got out the side door so i need to try to find him picking up groceries too this morning

hi neva crooked river was pretty high but did not shut the road down yet. was calling for more rain last night but i think missed us which is good we do not need anymore rain. i gotta go bbl

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/13055D5063A3

gb ukraine

calhound

« Reply #25334 on: July 28, 2022, 04:49:45 AM »

ily Update Plus Gentle Jack - UPDATE July 27, 2022

Lily and 2 of her cubs
Another check of the trail cam and Lily was on it again on July 20. The update is that the camera now caught three cubs. Lily’s first litter was one (Hope) at 3, then Faith and Jason at 4, Ellie and Eli at 6, and then bigger numbers, 3 at 8, 3 at 10, 4 at 12, skipped a litter at 14, and now at least 3 at 15. I would like to see her in person. The cubs look like they are growing fast on wild food. I have not heard of anyone seeing her yet, showing her strong preference for what is out there. We’re also surprised at how few bears we are seeing here at the WRI.

Lily's 3 cubs

Today Lincoln stopped by and we gave him a choice of his favorite nuts or black cherries. He went crazy for the cherries, ignoring the nuts. Surprised. Still learning, but not generalizing too far because bears differ.One-eyed Jack

Jack stopped by too. It’s always good to see gentle Jack. I wanted a picture at this age, guessing 23-25, but he is so calm that he ignores me if he is busy. I made a ssshhing noise. He didn’t look. I tried other sounds. He knew it was just me. Finally he did look but looked a little strained. I like it anyway. I know how he is.

A good day.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center