Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 625915 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25305 on: July 22, 2022, 04:55:33 PM »

6:41 Hot here again.  87 now at 5:43.  Sorry I kept you all waiting all day.  I am fine and riding every day.  I now wear a nice helmet that Marlene gave me yesterday after I told her of my neighbor Eileen falling and hitting her head.  Eileen was knocked out, and in the hospital over the weekend.
Been with Debbie most of today.  She wanted to visit our neighborhood pool.  So we did. Felt good to swim a little.  Could not stay long due to sun, but it was nice to cool off.  Debbie liked it too.  She is a sun and pool girl.  Always has been.  She loves the shore, and will move to the coast someday.
She gave me a good Boss report of early visit to a dog park where Boss toyed with a tiny Yorkie through the fence in the small dog area.  Laying down nose to nose through the fence, and racing up and down.  Both having a ball.  Deb of course was worried Boss would jump the fence and who knows what then.  He has done it many times.  Had some very good homemade soup for lunch.  Deb would not stay, because I leave the bones in.  She wanted to do more with Boss too.
I was going to go pick blueberries, but the had a bad season, and berries are all gone for this year.  I may try another place.
Will say so long now and go to the store and mail box. Gotta pay water bill of $55.
 I am fine and hope you are too EV1.  GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25306 on: July 23, 2022, 05:21:40 AM »

hi you guys it is 82 here hot and humid already up to 106 real feel again today in the barn it was so nice and cool 74. yesterday when i came in from the barn at 6 pm it was 85 so about 21 degrees cooler in there. im pretty sure ac out there ran all night on an off. cooler tomorrow night rain moving in. hot everywhere hot in spain uk lots of people there dont even have ac jim went to the warehouse to get a new ac unit for people and man there told him he got the last one in the whole warehouse! no more. sold out jim said when will you get more he said that is the 6 million dollar ?. so i hope ours does not go out if the barn does we will get some big ac units and jim will build a frame out there sit one by sweets one by pearl i hate this weather it is so dangerous.

Hi Joho you had a nice busy day so nice to spend time with deb. sure she loves it. boss too. wow your water bill is same as ours only i ours little cheaper. be careful out in the heat dont spend much time out there. it is just way too hot. i asked jim what are those people doing now waiting for anew ac to be put in he said they got a window unit good. everyone should have one at least have a cool room to be in and if you got pets you damn well better have that for them. no matter how big or small. jim will pick it up today and take it over to their place. poor him no ac for him putting it in.

Hi Neva!

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B0055D596F2F?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #25307 on: July 23, 2022, 10:41:52 AM »

The magnificent resistance of the Ukrainian people has drawn the admiration of the whole world but we must have no illusions. Without a clear shift in policy by the US, NATO and the EU, Ukraine will not win. The consequences of this will be severe, not only for Ukraine itself but for the West and the wider international community.

All strategy begins with a simple question: what is the political aim? The answer here is straightforward. Ukraine seeks to recover its national territory and deal a decisive defeat to the Russian military that will end Russia’s predatory aggression and secure Ukrainian sovereignty and territorial integrity.

US, NATO and EU political aims, however, are far less clear. Ukraine does not need foreign troops to win. What it does need is economic, political and military help from NATO and the EU. So far, what has been provided is not enough.

On the economic front, Ukraine is effectively landlocked due to Russian control of the Black Sea. The country is unable to export the wheat and other commodities upon which its economy depends.

US and European sanctions on Russia have been imposed, but continued dependence on Russian energy means that Europe is still sending billions of dollars to Russia every week. As former US Deputy National Security Adviser Rick Waddell has pointed out, “a Russian economy that is self-sufficient in agriculture and energy takes a lot of killing.” As long as Europe continues to finance Russian aggression, the war will continue
Ukraine urgently wants to integrate with the West to avoid absorption into the Russian Federation or an effective neutering that amounts to the same thing. EU leaders recently granted Ukraine official candidate status, but France and Germany are delaying “fast track” EU membership for fear of angering Putin. For its part, the US has published a long list of measures it will not take in the conflict, reassuring Putin and simplifying Russian planning. From the beginning, NATO membership has been off the table. 

Political leaders have made much of the “unity” shown by the transatlantic community in opposing Putin since the war began, but the reality must look very different in Kyiv.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25308 on: July 23, 2022, 10:44:26 AM »

the Biden administration and key European leaders have drawn a firm line by denying combat aircraft, tanks and long-range rocket artillery except in nominal amounts. The net effect has been to deny Ukraine the ability to conduct true offensive operations or even to defend its territory successfully.

Despite a clear qualitative superiority, Ukraine cannot win as long as it lacks these capabilities. Modern, high-intensity war requires airpower and long-range firepower. Without them, Ukraine is doomed to a frozen conflict and the probable loss of Luhansk and Donetsk regions along with occupied territory in the south of the country that connects to Crimea.

The war to date has revealed surprising Russian deficiencies in combined arms warfare, logistics, intelligence, and air operations. However, such shortcomings are not permanent. Instead, Russia is already demonstrating an ability to learn and adapt.

Western hopes that Putin will fall or quit are similarly illusory. His approval rating remains high and he recently reaffirmed Russia’s ambition to recover former territories once belonging to the Russian Empire.

At least since his famous 2007 speech at the Munich Security Conference, Putin has been clear and consistent in his hostility to the West and his ambition to restore Russian “greatness.” After Georgia, Crimea, the Donbas, Syria and now the full-scale invasion of Ukraine, he should be taken at his word.

In his public discourse, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has repeatedly affirmed that Ukraine will not allow other powers to force a negotiated settlement ceding control of occupied territories to Russia. This would leave Ukraine an economically crippled rump state.

But the reality is that Ukraine cannot survive without strong external support. That support is clearly conditional. By denying Ukraine what it needs to win, the West will force Zelenskyy to the negotiating table, giving Putin the territorial gains he needs to claim victory. That is how this ends.

What then? Many argue that fear of NATO will dissuade Putin from further aggression. But Putin’s own actions and rhetoric belie that assumption. After pausing to rebuild his economy and military and to effect sanctions relief, he will reignite the conflict once again.

Above all, the war in Ukraine has taught Putin that NATO and the EU will go to great lengths to avoid confronting him. Therein lies the true danger.

R. D. Hooker, Jr. is a nonresident senior fellow with the Atlantic Council and former Dean of the NATO Defense College. He served as Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Europe and Russia at the NSC from 2017-2018.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25309 on: July 23, 2022, 02:41:47 PM »

3:17 scarlet mormon

its so hot here are you guys okay from the heat? 

calihoula

« Reply #25310 on: July 23, 2022, 05:59:22 PM »

hi neva i am in my room going to bed soon get up @ 3 am little before watching weather channel showing monsoon is that right? big heavy rainfall for you next week you are right in the path flash flooding big wind dust big thunderstorms so if that happens be careful. we are getting big thunderstorms etc tomorrow night should bring down temp here so yay for that temp went down to 101 real feel 104 but days getting shorter yay temp keep falling it was 87 in the barn i sprayed sweets with water bottle he acted afraid of me cant have that so cookies and he forgave him. combed out pearl dipping comb in water she did mind it. maybe stayed in the barn aggravating a kid raccoonie. barn still felt alot better than outside. news saying after all work from that turkey pres erdagon and head of un and signing deal from them and ukraine and putin to get grain out to starving countries signed yesterday next day putin bombed odessa port where grain was heading out news saying putin cant be trusted well duh saying he spit in erdagon face okay and un probably cause un voted russia out of human rights just cause putin had kids murdered women raped murdered civilians killed hospital blown up schools well hell blew up everything still is.

neva

« Reply #25311 on: July 23, 2022, 07:07:49 PM »

Scarlet Mormon ... 20:38       103°  (4:20 pm)   According to Weather Underground, we are supposed to get about 9 days straight of thunderstorms.  First day, got sprinkles on the car windshield.  Today, nothing so far ... plenty of sunshine though.  My house is so humid right now ... fans in every room do help.

Hi you two ... and any other visitors. 

Cal ... the two posts that you posted about Ukraine and Russia are so well stated, and on the mark.  Thank you.  I think everyone knows how potentially dangerous Putin is, but it still is exasperating to see people having to be careful not to upset him, or at least thinking they have to.  It bothers me that France and Germany would slow down the Ukraine's entry into the EU.  Those countries all suffered through WW2, they know what it's like, how can they do this to these people?  It is so totally frustrating!

Your barn does sound well set up for your kids.  That is great that it has its own generator.  Can you imagine what it must feel like to walk around in fur pajamas all day- and night too?  A big Siamese named Eden hangs out with me most of the time, and I was looking at her thick fur, and thinking what that might be like.  Funny thing about her.  She never used to pay much attention to me, or I her, but one day, George (another cat) was giving her problems and I got him to leave her alone, and I said, "Poor girl,  I feel your pain"  and patted her, and since then, she hangs out with me whether I like it not,  She's okay.  She's sleeping next to me right now.

I am looking forward to what you read about the weather down here, and I hope it turns out that way.

Hi Joho ... that is great that you can enjoy time spent with family, doing fun things.  I may have missed your having said it, but what kind of dog is Boss? 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #25312 on: July 23, 2022, 07:29:33 PM »

5:38 butterfly.  cool and rainy then sunny and hot around here.  Mary planned her 29th birthday on her patio for 2 PM.  Debbie, John, Shannon, Brian, and I were invited for grilling and salads.  Mary her husband, Matt, and of course little Sebastian, who they call "Dash", were our hosts.
  Rain was over by the time everyone arrived.  So it was not a factor.  John did the grilling.  Mary and Shannon did the several sides.  I mostly did the eating. LOL They are all so skinny.  Then we had a tiny cake with 29 on top.  We sang a poor rendition of happy birthday to Mary, and gave her some pretty birthday cards with scratch offs and gift certificates she wanted.  She seemed pleased.
 I held Dash for a long time when I got there.  He is a very pleasant baby boy.  Shannon and Debbie had turns with him too.  This gave Mary a respite for the day.  It was the first entertaining for Mary and Matt in this new home.  They did well.  Mary is a good planner.  Both of them must return to work from maternity leave on August 1st.  I think they are ready.
I am afraid Putin is endangering Dash's future, and I pray please dear God make the world safe for our children now.
Just read your post Neva.  Boss is a beefy 65lb. long legged blond and white pit bull with a pink nose.  He is powerful.  He likes to pullup saplings by the roots for fun.  Debbie told me about this trick.  Last week I saw him go into the brush and start pulling a sapling out.  I went to help him, and could not budge it even though I weigh 237 lbs. and I am strong.  Just a few minutes later he dragged it out onto the lawn and started stripping the bark.  I was amazed. 
CUL EV 1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #25313 on: July 24, 2022, 05:11:33 AM »

hi you guys its 86 here hot and humid suppose to rain tonight get alot cooler lets hope. tons of kid raccoonies all over the place waiting for me as i went out the side door tons in the barn it is 76 in the barn ac running set at 75 felt good in there poor ac running all the time but ty god for it running well griz barking and barking cali still in my extra cold room on my bed watching tv she needs to get up.

Hi Neva yes i thought that about france and germany too on ukraine getting into the uk and that erdagon still saying he will hold up sweden and finland not joining nata cause of those terriost. so much for the club. only club i was in girl scouts and camp fire girls and anyone could be in it course not now someone would be offended have to worry about getting shot. lots of crime now in those townhouses ca and jeanne live in. i am happy i live here rural. weather saying you will get your rain next week well tomorrow is monday i will watch weather channel tonight too. it is cloudy here so maybe the sun will not come out that would help. why is your house humid so bad didnt you get your cooler fixed? love your eden and love she is yours now. i read bad to cut animals fur brownie had tons of it penny some but not like brownie she has the gwp hair and cutting it burns their skin in the sun and no insulation. but she has ac and i comb her out try to she is not a big fam of the comb or brush big fan of my hand petting her. during the night i woke up and they have my weather at the bottom of the screen to the side other cities come up it was hotter here by a degree than you. very hot over seas too.

hi joho what a good time you had! you have a very nice family. putin needs to go i wish it for every day. he is the worse some not far behind him. nato eu people need to come forward quit letting him pull that sh**,  he is not sick at all fake news. too bad was hoping that was true.  griz i am coming

GB Uraine end putins terror

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/D4055D5AFD5A
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25314 on: July 24, 2022, 06:22:03 AM »

Good morning. 6:13 My eyes are still gritty.  Will check in later.  Maybe after my bike ride.  It is 73 and will get a lot hotter later.  I will try to beat the heat. GBU  and  GB Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #25315 on: July 25, 2022, 05:16:58 AM »

hi you guys its 70 rain coming 72 in the barn 3 moms and 8 kids inside outside 1 mom and 2 kids. Joe comes this morning do pearls nails and clean up the bottom of her hooves

Hi Neva weather channel was not working on some stuff i watched steve irwins son robert who looks just like his dad and does animals also he was in a boat and got into a shark cage and saw a female great white shark said how beautiful she was and she was too he said not to fear them respect them and how lucky we are to still have them to see in person.

GB Ukraine and us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/77055D5105A8

johoward

« Reply #25316 on: July 25, 2022, 04:12:10 PM »

6:22 Yay. Nice day  Lorrie wants me to come over for some dinner she made.  So I gotta go. GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #25317 on: July 25, 2022, 04:42:33 PM »

I am back. Lorrie gave me some kielbasa and noodles for dinner.  I will enjoy it near 7 pm. Her fluffy little Fifi has two red stained patches on her snow white coat from licking.  Looks like she is bleeding.
 I rode a mile on the streets this morning due to lots of rain on trails and mud.
 Then I went to Martin's to pick blue berries.  I did not enjoy it. I picked for two hours and got only 3 lbs of berries.  I paid $4 a lb. which is a good price I think.  So for a while I will have berries in my cereal.  Been nice all day.  Close to 80.  Feels hot in the sun ,but a little breeze makes it nice. 
Got up at 4am again.
 Been watching shark stuff all day.  One guy laying in a transparent plastic floater was attacked.  The floater pieces were visible in the sharks mouth.  The guy was so lucky to swim to the boat.  I thought he was a goner.  He was like right on the sharks face while it was biting his box to pieces. 
CUL EV ! GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25318 on: July 25, 2022, 05:21:30 PM »

hi joho and wow to your post! i hope fifi is okay what kind of dog? or is it a cat? you do so good riding your bike like postman neither rain nor sleet way too much extra work and time to pock berries for me but good you like it. i use to pick blackberries i made a black berry cobbler. it has been raining all day not real hard but rain. still is barn at 73 its 73 here ac not ran all day set at 75 good it needed a break joe came i was telling him about iceland horses he knows of them too but he did not know you move there cant take your horse he has five and said screw that. but he does know alot about iceland. pearl did good joe been so hot working on horses he said no fans no ac poor horses and joe. ty his son bought a house mile from joe. that man you saw with that shark really lucky when i saw robt in cage watching great white if that shark acted like it was going to kill something i had my remote to change the channel dont want to see that but robt right dont go shark hunting kill them respect him all of them. nice of lorrie to fix you some carry out. im eating soda crackers with cheese dogs helping drinking my pop. going to harps in the morning when they open 7 jim eats about a loaf of bread a day and i make pearl griz peanut butter sandwiches im really sleepy going to skip my book lay down watch love it or list it. people list your house! well they said we are going to love it

neva

« Reply #25319 on: July 25, 2022, 05:53:05 PM »

Puzzle: Fish  29:27      94°  (3:43 pm)    Clouds building to the east, fingers crossed.  We got 45 mins rainstorm a couple of nights ago at 3 am.  That was great!  real rain, not sprinkles/

I just tried to post another post and it would not post   grrrrr!     

Hi you two ... It sound like the day is going well for you two.  I hope so

Cal ... It is humid in my house because there is humidity in the air these monsoon days and the evaporative cooler uses water and fan created air flow to cool the house, only at this time, that means it is pushing more humidity into the house.  We have fans going to help cool ourselves off at this time.

I really loved Steve Irwin and his family.  His son is so much like him.  Bindy is married and has a baby daughter now.

Joho .... Your day sounds really nice.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 06:06:41 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)