Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 478898 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6765 on: July 06, 2023, 09:43:07 AM »

Good Morning!  83 going to 96!  Had a severe thunderstorm warning yesterday evening that produced oneshort wind gust, a lot of sound effects, dark skies and no rain!
Clynn, no munchkins yesterday?   Love Willow trees but they can be messy As are many lovely trees!
Dated aboy in High School who worked at a drive in movie theater.  He would take me there at least once a week, park the car, set up the speaker and go to work, doing what ever it was he did!  He would check on me several times a night!  When the movie ended he would take me home,  i saw all new movies that summer.  I still hear from him! Fun.
I always thought the Beatles were much younger than I was.  Loved listening to them!

kbshcb

« Reply #6766 on: July 06, 2023, 10:09:03 AM »

Morning all.

Such a beautiful cool morning here..just reached 71 with a few cumulonimbus clouds around and blue sky.

Walked Ollie early with a sweater on as it was only 67....lots of dog walkers out there this morning.

Took advantage of the cooler weather to clean ends of gutters out I could reach on a ladder, not all, weeded, and sprayed for wasp nests under rails of deck and one high up under a soffit...got one nest emptied and down....good, as I need to grill steak out there today.

This is a cute twitter video: I know only some will be able to watch: A cow (bull) lays his head on his owner who is playing a mean guitar riff of Jon Bonjovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" song...cow looked to fall asleep!

Still waiting for sewer plumber to call to set up an appointment for an estimate...I'll call them back if it doesn't happen before mid afternoon.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1676628741684965378

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6767 on: July 06, 2023, 12:40:59 PM »

KAREN   That storm you had was a lot like ours - Wind, thunder , lightening but essentially no rain except south of here.   Love your drive-in story  ;D ;D  I was doing the math as well on the Beatles -  just 5-7 yrs older than I  :o

KB  So glad you finally had a cool AM to go for an Ollie walk.

I think this happens once a year but the grocery had a sale on 10 to a box of mangos for $2.29 - unheard of here. I got in on it last year too.
 I've been pealing mangos for 40 minutes  LOLOL  But worth it to me.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 12:42:40 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6768 on: July 06, 2023, 01:15:42 PM »

tsk - That is a deal on the mango.  I have never seen them that cheap here. 

kb - Glad you got in your walk, and hope you heard back from the plumber.

karen - That is awesome that you still hear from your drive-in movie boyfriend.  :D

kbshcb

« Reply #6769 on: July 06, 2023, 01:29:58 PM »

Lisa - thanks...I ended up calling them...this is the deal: Iner schedules his own appointments. My message is still sitting on his desk....He left this morning at 7am...and hasn't answered any of his messages.

He's the real deal....an older gentleman of Scottish?...UK/Scandinavian decent?..I met him 2 years ago.

They are the most cost effective company around, and they work out of my city with a fabulous reputation.

I will have to wait for a call back on his time....these projects often take 2 days minimum....he's busy.

Just waiting for him to come camera my break/estimate cost so I can then submit to my insurance company for review, and then schedule the day/days....for repair.

i will need to be patient...

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6770 on: July 06, 2023, 01:36:53 PM »

Peeked in on the ol' Mississippi River Flyway...

Camera Time: Jul 6, 2023 7:31 AM CDT

beautiful  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6771 on: July 06, 2023, 01:51:50 PM »

Good afternoon Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!

Tsk, great mango sale! I wish that would happen here. YUM!!!

Kb, love the video! Glad you and Ollie were able to get out! Sadie and I meet several early morning walkers now. Everyone is taking advantage of the cool mornings, because by 7:30 it's nearing 80...

Karen, Love your Drive-in story, fun memory  ;D

Lisa,  maybe your DIL is superstitious like some in my family or cultures.  :) ... Have you heard from any of the kitties families? ...  Bandit and Misty  ;D

Phyl, nice to see Anthony... beautiful Black Eagles family.

Clynn, poor Willow tree and you.... Dunrovin chicks look wonderful  :-* .... I always thought pizzas at the movie drive-in was the best!

Explore Bird cams  :(
7/5
Well, the recent weekend changes to @Twitter
have completely removed the ability of our talented & devoted volunteer moderators to share content from the cams w/viewers & interact. We're working on a plan B, but a new platform may be necessary. We'll share as we learn more...

Royal Albatross twitter - 7/2 (this is the last one posted  :( )
A light dusting of snow this morning on the distant hills didn't deter Manaaki from his wingercises.
The chicks are well equipped for this type of weather with insulating feathers/down.
There has been rain/sleet & snow this afternoon too.[/i]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1675377868476645377

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6772 on: July 06, 2023, 03:39:08 PM »

some bounce
We mowed the back today. Grr... found Japanese Beetles on our roses. Time to take care of business.
Nice day today. Breezy.
TTFN
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 04:30:50 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #6773 on: July 06, 2023, 04:54:09 PM »

Oh no, Lani.....no more twitter feeds of the Albatross chicks!.....I hope they figure something else out quick.

tig - I'll be watering the grass and perennials again tomorrow followed by a mow pretty darn soon.

Haven't seen a Jap beetle yet on my roses....did do neem oil and grubex on the lawns.....I'll keep my eye's open.

My issue is how many wasps I have this year....attempting nests and just hanging around...
Never seen this many before and I don't know why.

Lani

« Reply #6774 on: July 06, 2023, 05:03:49 PM »

TRR - Sloth TV

NEW ARRIVALS:
Barbie, 2F Sloth: She was found all by herself. She is still very young, so we will keep her monitored.

Sloth Preschool Updates:
Antonio, 2F Sloth: He's been gaining weight fast. He will be graduating soon!
Roo, 2F Sloth: She's very active and has a great appetite.
Robin, 3F Sloth: He has a great appetite and eats many leaves. His mobility has slightly improved. Remember, you can support him by donating to his CUDDLY campaign!
Gonzo, 2F Sloth: Has a good appetite, currently with a diet of milk and leaves.

GRADUATION NOTICE:
Coco, 2F Sloth: She's graduated and is now hanging out with Pax, Liana, Landon, and Noodle at the Sloth House!

In Loving Memory  :'(
Geo, 2F Sloths: We are very sad to announce that Geo has passed away. He had a unique syndrome called Malabsorption Syndrome. This digestive disorder prevented Geo from absorbing nutrients and inhibited him from developing and growing. This explains why he was not increasing in size despite having an appetite.
Jeannie, 3F Sloth: She sadly passed away due to severe anemia and blood clots in her heart and liver.

Robin practices his climbing  ;D  8)  :-*

While Gonzo cheers him on!!  ;D :-*

Whose the cutest! You are sweet Robin!! :-*
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 11:39:08 PM by Lani »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6775 on: July 06, 2023, 06:17:09 PM »

LISA  If you buy mangos singly they are about $1.50 so I don't usually buy them.

KB   You said it -gotta have "patience".   Then there will be the lawn and concrete repair once done.  Then it will be Xmas  LOLOL

LANI   Love the kitten hammock dozing. ;D  Too bad about the Twitter thing.  Seems to be affecting a lot of folks.   I just can't get over the wind on that side of the hill.  :o  Good for Manaaki tho.    Sloths can be affected by so many illnesses - Sad.  Thanks for the progress report.

TIG  Bummer on the Japanese beetles.  Did you put Grub-Ex down on your lawn?
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6776 on: July 06, 2023, 06:32:29 PM »

Hello Beakers! I forgot to mention that I was having the Munchkins today instead of yesterday! We went to the park and did our school assignments before computer time. Actually, Bella and I spent a good bit of time out in the yard it was a very nice, cooler day. They both wanted to have their lunch on the deck! Bella was giving her little doll a ride in the swing at the park in case you wondered what the little purple thing in the swing was...  ;D

Lani, love the pic of the cat in the hammock!  Manaaki is looking good!

tsk, do you just eat the mangoes, or do you make something with them? I love it when I run into a once in a year deal at the grocery store! Did you get more rain today? It's been in the mid/low 70s today, just perfect!  It's supposed to be 70 tomorrow with rain.

karen, I think most trees have some kind of a mess! I have a maple, an oak, a crabapple and 2 pines and they all give me gifts of some kind every year! The only one that didn't was the ash tree that ended up dying and having to be cut down!  How is Piper doing?

Lisa, awww, Bandit loves Misty and he is just trying to tell her to calm down!

Phyl, that baby Black Eagle is the purest white isn't he!

They worked 4 years to create this wonderful home garden 😍

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6777 on: July 06, 2023, 07:14:00 PM »

some bounce
Medicine still not working well on knees... needs more time I guess.
Grubex is going down on Saturday... my knees won't take standing to grab them off the roses. I think I have some spray in garage...
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6778 on: July 06, 2023, 09:14:57 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!

baz, is your tennis hunk playing?  Love the snow covered trees!

Clynn, no, my hunky boyfriend  ;) - Rafa Nadal  :-* - isn't playing.  :(  Earlier this year, he announced he would be retiring next year (2024). At that same time, he said he wouldn't be playing in the French Open this year due to a hip injury. Then, during the French Open (which was last month), he had hip surgery, and said he would be out for the remainder of this year to rehab from that. Apparently, he had a specialized type of hip surgery, called keyhole surgery, and due its complexity, he flew a surgeon from Colorado to Spain to do that surgery. It was considered a successful surgery, but at least 5 months of rehab are expected to recover. Lots of fingers are crossed that he will be able to recover well enough to play a final year next year prior to his retirement. I sure do miss seeing him play! ... and just seeing him!  ;) ;D :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6779 on: July 06, 2023, 09:29:23 PM »

BAZI  Good comment about the trees in winter.  Serena out early  :( :(

TSK, I think you mean Venus? Serena retired last year after the U.S. Open. Venus is 43! I love that she is still playing some, but, yep, she lost her 1st round singles match.  She usually plays doubles, too, but I haven't looked to see if she is playing doubles at Wimbledon this year. She fell during her singles match, and it looked like she may have hurt her knee, even though she finished the match. So that might change any plans she may have had to play doubles in this tourney. Also, she has Sjogren's, and so of course that affects her playing schedule at times, too.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center