Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 480382 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6045 on: June 15, 2023, 07:28:39 AM »

tsk, have a great time at the zoo!  Yes, egrets!

Lisa, hope you are rested up!

Phyl, sometimes memories show up and make us sad... Thanks for Amy's Blog! Hard to believe another fledge already! Love all the pics of the beautiful babies of Newman and Savannah, they are looking so good. I hope they stay safe.

Time to go pick up the Munchkins!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #6046 on: June 15, 2023, 08:03:19 AM »

tsk - Yes, he just started back up last week....The history was after his vaccinations in 2021 he visited his surgeon who stated he was too young for hip surgery and wanted him to do like 16 PT visits then approved. Of Course that winter Covid started back up and he found it difficult to work out with a mask on.
Fast forward and now after a lot of muscle mass loss, he's starting back up having only completed a handful of the original 16.....no masks required anymore in our medical facilities here in the Twin Cities...of course one can if one wants to but working out heavily esp on the treadmill makes that near impossible...he almost fainted his first round.

I'm sure you will have a lovely time at the Zoo...drive safely.....there are lots of idiot drivers out there these days, LOL

nrstooge

• I am the eagle I live in high country...
« Reply #6047 on: June 15, 2023, 09:20:33 AM »

I hadn't checked the osprey nest all week, and we have lost the little one.  :(  I was recent as it hasn't been removed from the nest yet.

karengramke

« Reply #6048 on: June 15, 2023, 10:46:23 AM »

Good morning!  We continuing to be under a tornado watch for the second day!  Dark as pitch again.  Lights on!  We are in a severe weather pattern over the southeast!  At least we have rain!
Yesterday, the guy who owns the company that does my sprinkler systems and also used to do my yard came over yesterday to say he dug up some grass from the yard across the side street from me and wanted to know if I wanted it in my yard in some bare places!  Of course I said yes!  Lucky for me we are having some rain with this weather system!

Nr, are you talking about the wf nest? I assume you are and I am sorry about the loss of the baby!
Hope Iris has not  chased the new guy away!

I think M15 will be back!  He has still been seen in the nest area as of the recent past!

Lisa, shower food sounds good!   Have fun!  Oops, heavy rain just started! 

Think there maybe two babies in the finch nest but am not sure as I do not see them.  Mama seen feeding!

Looking forward to pictures Clynn.  I still have that 70s outfit sans the bell bottoms!

Lani, how was the new stylist?  Usually takes a few times for them to get things just right.   How are the girls? 

As usual Phyl, thanks for the daily round up!  Waving to e4e and Baz!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6049 on: June 15, 2023, 10:50:54 AM »

I hadn't checked the osprey nest all week, and we have lost the little one.  :(  I was recent as it hasn't been removed from the nest yet.

nr, I'm sorry  :(
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6050 on: June 15, 2023, 11:00:16 AM »

Bearstudy
Bear Center Buzz and More Babies to Come - UPDATE June 12, 2023

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4770-bear-center-buzz-and-more-babies-to-come-update-june-12-2023.html

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4771-lucy-lactating-and-a-new-boat-update-june-14-2023.html

Lucy was born in 2016, mother is Samantha, her siblings are Ethyl, Ricky, & Fred  ;D

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!

{{{Kb and Chris}}} I saw that cat video last night. I love how he was talking to both cats, dragging the one with one paw. LOL!, let us have peace! A very caring cat lover. LOL!  ;D

Karen, my hair appt isn't until next week. My Scottsdale hair stylist sent me my formula and I sent it on the new gal two weeks ago. She never replied back. I don't understand why she can't take just a moment to let me know she received the info.... awww two baby finches. Two doves have been scoping around my patio flower boxes as possible nests sights. I warned them about my cats. Not a good idea. Girls are fine... that's nice of the landscaping guy to keep an volunteering eye on your place too.

Tsk, Perfect ages to still enjoy the zoo, picnic and ice cream, I'd love to go even at my age! Have a fun day!  ;D

Clynn, Montana Ospreys at Hellgate facebook thinks he left, he's not been seen. Some think Louis chased him off, I wonder if he had another mate/nest nearby like Louis.  :( .. Anyway, I hope he comes back. I posted a message on their facebook asking if anyone has seen him... beautiful Egrets ... Have a fun day with the munchkins!  ;D {{{gentle hugs and prayers for Honey}}} :-*

Phyl, thanks for nests update. GSB kids are looking good! Yay Newman  :) ... thanks for RRP blog update. Looks like ATF will be well attended.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 02:23:21 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6051 on: June 15, 2023, 11:07:20 AM »

Royal Albatross 6/14 16:08
What a nice surprise, short & sweet
Mum L arrived with an early dinner for SP chick, we haven't seen her for a little while. Also a neighboring parent passes by.
L leaves, heading off into the sunset and back to SP chick, resting & digesting. I love to hear his calls to parent.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1668933659716636672

Puff

« Reply #6052 on: June 15, 2023, 12:01:59 PM »

tsk, have a great time at the zoo!  Yes, egrets!

Lisa, hope you are rested up!

Phyl, sometimes memories show up and make us sad... Thanks for Amy's Blog! Hard to believe another fledge already! Love all the pics of the beautiful babies of Newman and Savannah, they are looking so good. I hope they stay safe.

Time to go pick up the Munchkins!

Critter Sizing???   LOLOLOLOL  Oh Oh, seems like you need a change of scenery Clynn

It was funny!  ;D

P

Puff

« Reply #6053 on: June 15, 2023, 12:24:03 PM »

I actually got back on line so that I could share with y'all my amusement level.  I just had to share with all - but just to tell my funny isn't enough.  You have to be here.  And, you have to be a legitimate "bird brain".

For about the 4th time I sat here entertained by one of my house finch.  I have quite a few of the goldfinch, and housefinch, and purple finch, and adult and baby finch right now.   But this one I can spot right away.  He's unique and noticed because of the way he hangs on the tube feeder with the nyger seed.  He hangs on the perch for a long, long time and beats on the hole to get the seed - kinda like a woodpecker.  But it's not just with his beak -- he shakes and beats with his entire body, from beak, wings, down  to  the end of his tail.  Filled the tube yesterday - taking time and care to see if the hole might be plugged up with wet, swollen seed.  Nope!  Maybe I had the wrong hole?  Nope!

Very odd, very unique, very entertaining.  And, if I'd take the time to get my media skills quicker then I would post a vid and share the display.  Goofy bird.  Goofy me to be so consumed by a bird eating.  LOL

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6054 on: June 15, 2023, 01:31:22 PM »

HAPPY THURSDAY, BEAKERS!!!   :D

;D

:D :-* 8)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 06:08:42 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6055 on: June 15, 2023, 01:43:06 PM »

bounce
Another visitor. Mom and fawn today...
Resting inside today
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

« Reply #6056 on: June 15, 2023, 02:18:25 PM »

What I want:

Black Forest Cake  :D

Just one slice.  ;) 

What I will have:

::) ;D

In other words:

;) :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #6057 on: June 15, 2023, 04:02:50 PM »

Karen, I saw on TV all that scary, severe weather in your region yesterday. I'm glad you didn't have any damage. This morning, I saw much the same severe weather is forecast for your area again today. Stay alert!  I hope you and your property, and the finches in their nest, all stay safe and sound.

Clynn, I'm so glad that (((Honey))) is acting normal so far, and eating well.  :-* :-*  How did they take the closed porch door?  I loved that pic of the group of Great Egrets! I have 2 regular Great Egrets at my retention pond, with at least one of them dining here most every day. They're so pretty.  I've never seen a large group of them like in your picture - what a wonderful thing to see! Wonder if it was near their rookery...  Have a wonderful day with Bela and Talon!  :)

Tsk, glad you finally got some nice rain. I still haven't outgrown those activities either!  ;)  It sounds like a fun day at the zoo!!  :)

Phyl, yesdterday, I left treats for Camper's belated birthday. But I bet he would share some of them with TSK!  ;) :D Thanks for the nest cam pics!

NR, that's sad news about the WF Ospreylet.   :'(

KB, I hope you get those forecasted wind direction changes soon that will help clear your air.

Lisa, don't work too hard, and have fun at the baby shower.  :)

Waving to E4E, Tig, Puff, Lori, Lani, Oldguy, T40, and All the Beakers!   :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 04:05:47 PM by baziunc »

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6058 on: June 15, 2023, 04:54:26 PM »

Lani - 'When the neighbors have a fight' Lol - cute doggie too!  Sounds like ideal temps for you; warm during the day, but cools off at night!
Thank you for Bearstudy and Royal Albatross! :)

Tig - That's a good way to keep the birthday dinners/celebrations going (SIL, then for Camper at a later date)!

Kb - The watering of your yard/plants sure is paying off - you have a nice yard - looks great!  I do hope you get some rain soon than later so that you can take a break from your watering duties.  :)   Thank you for posting pics!  Good luck to Chris with the pt.
Wow, amazing that man was able to separate those two cats - thanks for vid!

Baz - Yummy treat for Camper!  I too, love how you tell us about your family & relatives and how you are all connected!   You look so cute in your class picture :)
BTW, we love Dolly Parton too!!  We learned more about Dolly during our trip to her 'Dollywood' Theme Park a couple of months ago.

Kb & Tig - So sorry for all the terrible smoke you are having to endure.  Hopefully it starts clearing out soon.

Clynn - Thanks so much for posting Trisha Needleman SWFL - well said. :-*
Love DH2's cute pic of June 10th  :)    Boonesfarm Lol! ;D   So true about the road trip lunches in the 60's! :)
I know you are having a fun & busy day with your Munchkins! ;D
Love the pic of the 'nature's road block' - thank you Debbie Cram!

Phyl - Wonderful cam pics - thank you for updates too!  Thank you for Amy's blog.

Tsk - That is such a fun & wonderful outing in taking the great nieces to the zoo!! I'm sure a great day was had by all!! ;D  Hope you didn't overdo the walking tho! ;) :)

LisaG - July is looking like a super busy month for you - lots going on!!  Thank goodness Jeff helps with stuff too! :)

Nrstooge - That is so sad about the little osprey  :(

Karen - Hope the tornado doesn't get over to you.   Nice that you received the grass into your yard that was no longer needed across the street! :)

Puff - I bet it is so fun & entertaining to be able to watch your finches - I would love to watch them too!! ;D

Tig - Awe - so sweet to see a mama deer & her fawn!

I did a few errands earlier and did some indoor chores - now it is mid afternoon, and I need to go out and do some watering!  BBL

BrokenLug

« Reply #6059 on: June 15, 2023, 05:07:18 PM »

Karen, I saw on TV all that scary, severe weather in your region yesterday. I'm glad you didn't have any damage. This morning, I saw much the same severe weather is forecast for your area again today. Stay alert!  I hope you and your property, and the finches in their nest, all stay safe and sound.

Ditto on what Baz said Karen.
I hope all is well at your abode.
I've been keeping an eye on the weather in your south GA area and it's been looking pretty ornery in your neck of the pines.  ::)
Stay safe and hunkered down.  :)

Past 36 hrs radar loop:
http://tiny.cc/p428vz
U. S. A.