Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 159602 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4275 on: May 09, 2024, 03:49:28 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

Where's E4E? I hope she and her family are okay. I guess I need to look back to her last few posts and see if I missed her saying she would be away.

Lani, thank you.  :-*  Love the pic of that sweet little sloth - makes me want to reach out and touch.  :-* :-* Hope Mike's time in TX is not in the areas that have suffered from the severe weather there recently! My sister said her son sent her a picture of a large tree limb that fell in his yard, in NC, in yesterday's weather, and said it just barely missed landing on his house. Whew! He's the Dad to the 4 twins.

Clynn, that's a lot of plants! Interesting tan and brown perennial in the blue bucket. I know about cattails and pussy willows, but that varety you found eludes me!  ;) :-* :-*  Yay for Mom Decorah and DM2 and their newest little eaglet!! Hoping for more to come for them, and a healthy and successful season for them all.  :-* Thanks for sharing Sue B's post from Larry and Cindy's observations of their nest and nestling!  :)  (((Iris and NG and NG's egglet, plus fish galore)))

((Karen)), glad you got your shot - why didn't you do both sides this time? I'm hoping it gets better with a little time. Did you get to see your ENT as you had mentioned before? I hope your vertigo is doing better! Stay safe - so much scary weather in FL/GA! You and Piper stay alert and stay safe.  :-*

Phyl, I hope Jim is feeling okay after a couple days back at work, and getting plenty of rest, too. Glad the weather didn't cause any damage at your place, and hope it stays that way!

Tsk, it sounds like you're planning on lots of planting. I've given up on doing lots of plants in pots outside now... but I did get 1 pretty potted geranium this Spring for a front porch planter, and that is it!

Lori, I hope you and your family are safe!

BL, thanks for the links.  :)

Oldguy, glad you and your home are safe from the recent storms so far, and hope it stays that way!

Lisa, your vincas and fern will look nice!

I can't read what must be a very sad story about that beautiful wolf, Axel. Heartbreak hits us in the face many days, ready or not. So I am full up and overflowing on heartbreak right now, and seek more positive and uplifting news to get me through. Prayers for Axel, and those who cared for him.  :-*

Stay safe, All.
  :-*

« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 03:58:11 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4276 on: May 09, 2024, 04:39:46 PM »

PUFF  You do have a wonderful support group in times of need.  Reward - self help garden  LOL

KAREN   Tim felt like a new man after his injection - but like you say, that was the local anesthetic.  70% improvement during bed time movements.  Now feels he needs another one cuz he isn't "pain free".   I said " don't be such a baby"  ::) ::) ::)  He has a follow up next week I think.  I'm not going with this time.  :-X    But as they say it could take a couple weeks to take full effect.  You've had many before so you know what to expect..

BAZI   LOLOL  " rock paper scissors"  LOLOL    Phew!  Close call for your nephew.  Glad all are safe and bet the kids are getting a kick out of it.     ;D ;D ;D " tan and brown perennial in the blue bucket"    ;D ;D ;D    Every year, I say I'm going to pare down on the plantings.  I have somewhat but I guess I could still do more.  :-\
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #4277 on: May 09, 2024, 06:46:34 PM »

My Md says it sometimes takes two to feel tip top,  see the in about Zz3 weeks!  On my birthday, actually .  May have another  scheduled

Tsk, annuals are so showy that it is sometimes worth the effort!  I  believe in perennials for older folks!  Start with one or two a year , see how they do, add a few more the next year and then just a pot of geraniums, one or two of begonias or impatiens.   Easy peasy!

Puff, that is. Farm!  At least the farmers  home garden!  Do you freeze or can the excess?
Going to get some annuals if it doesn’t rain!  You see, I am not old  yet!  Lolol!

Baz, saw the ent. With a residual of the  vertigo left, after my exercises!  He did a maneuver and it was gone!  I am still  careful-but am enjoying many weeks off the tilt awhirl!
Had a lot of stormy weather to the north of us with  a touch of it coming. Down with wind, dark skys and a little rain!    Now, cooler and less humid!
Supposed to rain tomorrow so we will see!

BrokenLug

« Reply #4278 on: May 09, 2024, 06:51:47 PM »

It looks from the live feed and still images like they have the Linear Shaped Charges ready to go on the bridge span laying on the bow of the M/V DALI.
You can see the black wraps around the charges on the span.

Unified Command Update 23:
https://www.keybridgeresponse2024.com/post/update-23-photo-release-key-bridge-unified-command-prepares-to-use-small-charges-for-controlled-dem

Still image gallery:
https://www.dvidshub.net/mediagallery/detail/id/302622

Live Feed of bridge clean up on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sv7SA2Ybgg

Here's some nitty gritty on how shaped charges are used to cut through huge steel beams like a hot knife through butter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5qipBVaM08

For explosives demolition in the the USA the Loizeaux family, owners of CDI, really know how to take down a bridge (and a whole lot more) and are one of the best Demo companies in the world.

Some of CDI's bridge demolitions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiRNi3RRvRQ

I watched this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtA1e-XyvEI

I wouldn't doubt CDI was consulted even by the US Army Corps of Engineers for this project.   8)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 09:22:33 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4279 on: May 09, 2024, 07:52:03 PM »

Well, well...well! I was pert' near finished with my evening post and it disappeared into the netherworlds of Cyber dom.
:-[
 Suffice---Tks LANI for  cute  that round-bellied critter; BL merci for all the Key bridge links and info

So hoping everyone had a good dinner. And, will be enjoying some
down time.

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.  🙏 's

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #4280 on: May 09, 2024, 09:32:08 PM »

Oh KarenG you never asked about flowers.  I've got them surrounding the lot.  Some perennial. some annual.  That makes me only half old?  Let me give you a brief tour starting at the front of the house.  On the parkway I have lavenders, heuchera, hardy mum, geranium, yarrow, tall grasses.  All these are planted annuals between several flat, big, stone outcroppings.  I have something most can't have - plantings on the parkway.  I moved in at the early start of the city; you now can only have a tree down there.  I got grandfathered in.  At the front of the house there are 2 pedestal cement planters, this year two colors of petunia colors.  And hanging at the entryway to house/garage, a lobelia and a calichoa (?)  Ohhh, and I forgot all about my pride and joy - the crimson king maple!     

On the south side of house there is a display about 20 feet long of red with gold centers day lillies alternated with lavender.

On the north side overhand and privacy fence I have my begonias.  About a dozen different colors.  Garage wall has the single color bulbs; privacy fence has picotee colored.  They are forced perennials only because I take out and keep the bulbs for the winter (zone problem).  But then I replenish those that died over during season.  Just bag them up with wood shavings in paper sacks.  Replant in the spring - my plan for tomorrow. 

Then there is the back yard (west)  Along with the garden area and my 5 ash trees and a locust tree.  For flowers, most are annuals.  I do have 4 large containers (18") that this year each is planted with a tall red spike, coleus, and ivy.  Among those are some tropical lillies.  On the garage/patio area are two ceramic pots, each with Martha Washington geraniums, and some odds-and-ends hanging pots.  Between each of the ash trees are 5 low bowl planters with mixed vincas. And......ta da!  There is a spot where the 6th ash didn't survive - and to hide the stump that was never dug out - is a 3 foot across planter 1 1/2 foot high,  plastic (phony cement) planter with a Japanese red blood bush centered by ?.   It is surrounded with deep purple and orange I don't- I forget because I ordered them and haven't taken them out yet, only watered them.  Again, on tomorrow's sched.

Directly on the patio are assorted planted things.  Usually an hibiscus, spices, whatevers.

AND that's all!!!! 

Who asked - freeze the garden extras.  No, I only plant veggies because of the delicious flavors/taste/happy taste buds.  You know there's a lot of tomatoes - but I almost never buy store tomatoes.  I'm spoiled!    There is a vacancy during the winter months, but there's always Greek or spinach salads, or coleslaw or chopped salads from fast food places, or lots of good dressings. 

It does take time and effort I know.  It's worth it when my neighbors and friends stop by or call to see if they can have  ....... 

And, in about a month I'll really start enjoying it all for a few months.  Until October I can sit, read, watch my birds, listen to the water fountain, watch the clouds float by.  I love it, sometimes more than other times.  And by the way tsk  or anyone else in the neighborhood, there's an open invitation for anyone to stop and visit the "Self Help Garden". 

Thanks for the name tsk.

P           

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4281 on: May 09, 2024, 10:04:56 PM »

some bounce
I managed to mow the front without stopping today... after planting the moss roses and watering all.
Thanx for the raptor posts.
Missing you E4E
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #4282 on: May 09, 2024, 10:10:36 PM »

Puff!   We need pictures!   I am impressed that you can grow kavender!  Never have had any luck?

Tsk, glad Tim is doing well after his shot!
Seds

BrokenLug

« Reply #4283 on: May 09, 2024, 10:20:34 PM »

TMI on the Dali.

Pardon me for the frivolity. 

Heading for some hidden local lakes that still hold Black Bass.   8)
After the heavy tackle of the OBX it's a fishing tackle adjustment riot.   ;D

I already winged a large mouth bass clear over Pip's head in the Old Town Canoe the other day.  oops.

10 lbs +.  Landed and immediately released.  _ 

Simmer down Skippy the Squid you ain't in the blue water anymore Pip dead panned. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDrS9uNG83w

« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 02:29:14 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4284 on: May 09, 2024, 10:35:17 PM »

TMI on the Dali. 

Check.   :-[

Heading for some hidden local lakes in search of the Largemouth Bass here a bout's after the heavy tackle of the OBX it's a riot.

Not at all BL... I check in on the Dali progress every day.
Catch a bass for me. I ate several for supper tonight.  :D
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4285 on: May 09, 2024, 11:43:06 PM »

And...Decorah North Eagles
May 9, 2024 6:32 AM
Camera Time: May 9, 2024 6:32 AM CDT
Birchwoman

We find 'the Kids' as I like to call them, rain soaked on their own in the nest. A parent  on guard off screen.

Clearly, they are playing Rock, Paper, Scissors!!  ;D ;D :-* 8)

LOLOLOL!!!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #4286 on: May 10, 2024, 12:07:16 AM »

We all around here outside of the chest freezer and grill area 50 miles out radius are a catching.   

.. the Boga Grip Weighed 16 + lbs off the side of the canoe.

Pip & I are kindly debating on the particulars. 

16 to 17 # Bucket Mouths landed and released from our Old Town Pickle.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 01:19:47 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4287 on: May 10, 2024, 12:47:32 AM »

Puff, WOW! You have an awesome garden. Do you do this every summer? Do you can your veggies? Your neighbors must love you. I wish I was your neighbor.  ;D Just read your next post. You have wonderful caring neighbors, it's a beautiful neighborhood.  :-*

Kb, awww beautiful Mama Sandhill and babies.  :-* ... you have a busy day.

Karen, glad you've got your shot. Praying you will have more comfort tomorrow.

Tsk, glad Tim is doing well after his shot.

Baz, Mike returned home an hour ago... He was in Houston, he said the weather was humid, windy, some rain, no flooding like in other areas of Texas.... glad there wasn't any damage to your nephew's home and his family is safe....

BL, thanks ... sad to see the demolition.... Happy fishing!

SED Phyl, I hope you and Jim are feeling much better each day.

{{{Tig}}} I'm missing Eagles too. I sent a message this week and haven't heard back.

We're going down to the valley and returning late.
I hope you all have a great Friday, I'll see you tomorrow night.
 :)

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little Decorah gosling, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #4288 on: May 10, 2024, 02:45:18 AM »

I'm happy to see the demolition done sooner rather than later. 

Vital east coast artery.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 02:49:00 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4289 on: May 10, 2024, 06:18:16 AM »

Good Morning Y’all. 

Currently: 60F sunny  High  70F  mostly sunny,  Low 53F

LANI-sweet Bengal and baby ; good news Mike's home

TSK-hope Tim's doing much better

EAGLES- are you returning to us?  Miss you!

BL-that's some fishing; agree on Key Bridge

Dina, Sauces nest Channel Islands, California   5-19-21

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family .  'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee
https://raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2741.0
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan