Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 599853 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4305 on: May 10, 2024, 01:26:09 PM »

some bounce
Hi E4E  ;)
Rest day for me, in between yard werk days.

Baltimore is socked in with rain n fog today. Not certain , but, they invited the media to be there Saturday between 5 and 5:30. All is fluid, but that might be the shaped charge demolition time.

FYI
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4306 on: May 10, 2024, 01:31:46 PM »

{{{HI EAGLES !!}}}

Thanks loads for the update. We all know how daunting Life can be. And, to be sure, you've been a very busy gal.

Ahhhhh. The DNN family. "The Kids' are really growing and developing unique personalities.

Kind regards to your mom and sis. They are in my prayers---in all our prayers, always.
Luv the hummer today.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4307 on: May 10, 2024, 02:28:37 PM »

E4E, so glad to hear all is well with you and that Mom is okay. Yes, life gets busy! I would say to you, don't worry about trying to catch up in the Beak and comment on everything. No one is going to beat on you or feel slighted if you don't comment on every post! Just start fresh and tell us what is going on so that we know you are okay! It is hard work trying to keep up all the time, we all need a break once in a while!

kb, the Minnehaha is wild today!

In 1960, David Latimer planted a spiderwort sprout inside of a large glass jar, added a quarter pint of water, and then sealed it shut. He opened the bottle for the first time only 12 years later, in 1972, to add some water and then sealed it for good.
The self-contained ecosystem flourished for more than 60 years as a perfectly balanced garden and self-sufficient ecosystem.
The bacteria in the compost ate the dead plants and broke down the oxygen released, turning it into carbon dioxide, essentially forming a microcosm of Earth.

Historic Route 66 · The iconic shot of Monument Valley in Arizona

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4308 on: May 10, 2024, 02:43:49 PM »

TMI on the Dali.

Pardon me for the frivolity. 

Heading for some hidden local lakes that still hold Black Bass.   8)
After the heavy tackle of the OBX it's a fishing tackle adjustment riot.   ;D

I already winged a large mouth bass clear over Pip's head in the Old Town Canoe the other day.  oops.

10 lbs +.  Landed and immediately released.  _ 

Simmer down Skippy the Squid you ain't in the blue water anymore Pip dead panned. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDrS9uNG83w

BL  ;D ;D ;D Simmer Down!!  ;D ;D ;D  What Pip said!  ;) ;D ;D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4309 on: May 10, 2024, 02:58:59 PM »

Still experiencing thunderstorms and rain and very dark out for after 8 am!  Tornado warning has expired,  there have been and are winds of 62 to 66 mph in the area.  67,000 without power in Tallahassee!  Trees down in places and blocking roads,  but it could be worse!  Piper has not been out to potty!  She ent out when we first got up , stood on the patio and sniffed the air and ran back in The house!   She said she would wait a few hours!
Have to wait and see if the help is coming!  Depends on the roads and the school opening in her area.  Our schools are open. But did not hear about hers!   I am glad I did not have ti get out and go to work earlier this am!
The recycled chandelier is awesome!
Bridge work in Baltimore is very interesting and  opening the harbor is truly important.   Thanks all for info!
Enjoying all the morning reports!    My little house finch remains safe under the protection of the front porch roof!

((Karen)), glad you and Piper are safe, and no damage reported at your place - hope it stays that way! I have been watching all the seriously severe weather going through your area and the FL panhandle - lots of damage in Tallahassee, and other areas - 84 mph wind around there, and many places, like yours, with 62+ mph winds. Loads of power outs, too. Glad you have yours, and hope you keep it. I watched on the Weather Channel (they even showed a live cam in your town!), and was hoping you were okay! Glad the ENT appt went well, and he was able to give you a tune-up to rid the remaining vertigo. Hope it stays gone! Glad you got your shot, and hope, as you noted earlier, that relief will be more apparent in the coming days. Hope your help is safe, and can come to assist you after the stormy weather has passed through her area and yours. Anyone who drove to work during those tornado warnings would be doing it wrong.  :o.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #4310 on: May 10, 2024, 03:11:44 PM »

Eagles, Ditto what Clynn said!  Glad to know you and family are good!

Lisa, that big red/orange thing kept moving north east but did not damage anything I can see!
Bought some red and yellow portulaca ( moss rose)for a strawberry jar and 2 lime green  coleus with dark red veins!  Very pretty and bright.  Putting them in a vacant space at the corner of the garagE
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 04:23:57 PM by karengramke »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4311 on: May 10, 2024, 03:30:56 PM »

KAREN   Looks again like you were spared the rough weather or any damage.

LISA  What do you suppose is that on the saucer of your AM pic?  :o

TIG  Thanks Eagles is OK

KB  Good start on the windows.  It could be overwhelming .  Wish I had the pull in kind.  I wouldn't have to hire for the outside.

EAGLES  LOL  We are in quite a rhythm here  ;D ;D  We check in on our missing puzzle pieces  :-* :-*  Sometimes for all of us, life gets in the way.  Thanks for checking in - You have a lot on your plate.

CLYNN  WOW  David Latimer's spiderwort sprout ecosystem  :o :o   Cool rte 66 photo

Tim and I walked 90 minutes at the botanic garden this AM.  Tulips done but lots of other things to see..

The truck came in to Jewel this AM so got all my 10" hanging pots for only $15 each..  ;D ;D ;D

Went to 2 nurseries and could find nothing different in coleus other than the regular stuff.

Chicagoland

baziunc

« Reply #4312 on: May 10, 2024, 03:35:12 PM »

Hi Beakers and Happy Friday!

So sorry for not mentioning that I was taking a little break from being on my computer very much because of obligations and just trying to keep up with cleaning & chores around house & yard.  I am with my mom quite a bit with helping her take care of her personal affairs on line as she does not have a computer (neither does my sister-only a smart phone).  She was in the hospital a few days ago, but only for a day and got to go home.  She is okay though.  Sis & I are taking turns in driving her to PT (as I'm sure most of you know that my mom no longer drives).
Plus, just going to our Grandson's baseball games, getting together with our friends and taking day trips here & there - the days fly by so quickly.

Whenever I miss signing into the Beak for a couple of days, it is so hard to catch up! So, the more I fell behind, the harder it was to get back in here! Lol!

I know everyone here has obligations and family too, and I don't know how you all do it and you still keep up in the Beak! :-[

Thank you to the folks who inquired about me, and to those that sent me PMs!! ;D   I will try to communicate much better  :)   Everyone has been nice to me and please know that no one here has hurt my feelings or upset me in any way whatsoever! :)

Thank you for putting up with me! :)

I have been regularly checking in on the DNN family!

E4E, good to hear from you! Glad to hear that all is well, except for your Mom having to be in the hospital, but glad to hear she is home and okay now. It's good to take a break when you feel like it! And I completely understand your not having time to read and post when you have so much going on, too. The same happens to me, and I have sometimes missed 10 days to 2 weeks, or more, in The Beak, and never ever could read it all to catch up. LOL. I will say what some Beakers told me those times - Don't worry about trying to catch up on reading many days of posts! Just hop back in when you can and pick up from there! Glad you're enjoying spending time with family and getting out and about, and taking care of things around home, too!  Take care, and just pop in when you can... we'll be here when you do!  :)  Hugs!  :) :-*

baziunc

« Reply #4313 on: May 10, 2024, 04:08:53 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

I hope all in the path of serious weather stay safe!

Tsk, nice for you and Tim to get out for a long walk at the botanic garden! Glad Tim is feeling better after his shot, too!

Clynn, that spiderwort plant and container, and the pic of it, are very, very, very cool!

Lani, glad Mike got home okay. So much of Texas has been hit so hard with heavy rains, and severe storms and tornadoes, too.

Lisa, the Mobile area got hit with all that same stormy and severe weather system that went through the FL panhandle, and Karen's area today. I hope your family there are all safe, with no damage to homes or cars. Lots of hail in some places, too, I saw.

I walked 25 minutes this morning. Yay!  :D  It was the 1st time in quite a few days - since my knee acted up and got progressively worse. Ahhh... it felt good to get out!  Kept it easy, and not very long. Have not needed to wrap my knee today either. It has held up well. Yay! I even did 2 long routes through 2 different big grocery stores this afternoon! My knee is only a tad sore after that, so that's a good thing!

Everyone's flowers and garden plantings sound so nice and pretty!  :)

Stormy weather is coming in my direction now, so I'm going to wrap this up and unplug my computer.

Take care, and have a good evening, All!

It's FRIIIIDAY!  Kick back and relax some, Beakers!  The 1st round is on me  :) ... take your pick... They all come in "high test" and "virgin" versions. So choose your favorite cocktail, or mocktail, and enjoy!  :D

And...

[/size]  :)

Hugs, All!  :-*
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 04:12:51 PM by baziunc »

LisaG1967

« Reply #4314 on: May 10, 2024, 04:32:54 PM »

tsk - Whatever it is...it does NOT look edible!  ;D ;D 

baz - Mama called me earlier this morning around 9am.  That woman acts like there is never any severe weather in her area!  She was getting ready to head out to run the streets.  Glad to hear that your got your walk in, and hope your knee doesn't give you any trouble tonight.

karen - Jeff's uncle lives in Jacksonville, and a tree from his yard fell on his boat with that storm this morning. 

clynn - Love the pic of Historic Route 66

tig - It's a nasty rainy/chilly day here in Maryland. 

E4E - Ditto what clynn said!  It is hard to catch up when days go past here in the Beak, so start fresh when you can.  I am sorry to hear about your mom being in the hospital.  Prayers for her.  Happy to see you post!

kb - Pretty pic of Minnehaha Falls

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4315 on: May 10, 2024, 05:27:02 PM »

Hi Beakers and Happy Friday!

So sorry for not mentioning that I was taking a little break from being on my computer very much because of obligations and just trying to keep up with cleaning & chores around house & yard.  I am with my mom quite a bit with helping her take care of her personal affairs on line as she does not have a computer (neither does my sister-only a smart phone).  She was in the hospital a few days ago, but only for a day and got to go home.  She is okay though.  Sis & I are taking turns in driving her to PT (as I'm sure most of you know that my mom no longer drives).
Plus, just going to our Grandson's baseball games, getting together with our friends and taking day trips here & there - the days fly by so quickly.

Whenever I miss signing into the Beak for a couple of days, it is so hard to catch up! So, the more I fell behind, the harder it was to get back in here! Lol!

I know everyone here has obligations and family too, and I don't know how you all do it and you still keep up in the Beak! :-[

Thank you to the folks who inquired about me, and to those that sent me PMs!! ;D   I will try to communicate much better  :)   Everyone has been nice to me and please know that no one here has hurt my feelings or upset me in any way whatsoever! :)

Thank you for putting up with me! :)

I have been regularly checking in on the DNN family!

WHEW! Eagles! Sending lots of hugs!!! 
I'm like a mama hen checking on all her chicks!  :-*
Glad you and family are okay.
I just returned home, but I wanted to check in before Shannon comes for dinner.
I'll be back tonight! :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #4316 on: May 10, 2024, 05:37:47 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1788801137744773368

Only a 106 yr. old diving into Lake Winnipesaukee, NH.....just for a little inspiration all!. :) :)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4317 on: May 10, 2024, 07:23:24 PM »

FYI... It appears, as of an hour ago, that the weather has pushed the FSK bridge span demo to Sunday. Maybe.

Go Wolves

Yay Iris, Mom Decorah, DNN, all
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4318 on: May 11, 2024, 12:49:02 AM »

Phyl, beautiful spring nature video... gorgeous sunrise on the Flyaway... awww Newman, talons crossed for a new lady.....

{{{Karen and Piper}}} I hope you both are okay after the storms and you are feeling better after the shot... I'll look up Robin's Decorah update. Thanks.

Clynn, juniper mustard seeds now drying/dropping.... Thanks for Yellowstone update, beautiful pic of Sandhill on snow.... interesting glass jar garden.... stunning pic of Route 66  ;D

Tsk, Mike will be home for a couple of weeks, then leaves for Ohio.  :) He's tired, I hope he sleeps this weekend.

Lisa, glad your trip across bridge for plants went well.... awww Miss Fisher's favorite fan is doing well and ready to tackle the world no matter what the weather!  ;D

Tig, thanks for update and Eagles.  :-* ... sorry about the game.

Kb, awesome pic of Minnehaha Falls ... {{{Chris}}}... oh my 106-year-old grandfather is amazing, I held my breath and clicked away for a sec.

{{{Eagles}}} we're always thinking about and keeping you, Kris, your mom and sister in our prayers... life gets busy, take care of yourself too.  :-*

Tsk, glad you and Tim enjoyed your trip to the botanical garden.

Baz, thanks for the TGIF drinks. I love the coconut milk and rum.... you take care.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little Decorah gosling, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4319 on: May 11, 2024, 06:04:40 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam, Camera Time: May 11, 2024 5:57 AM CDT

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam