Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 493121 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7920 on: August 09, 2023, 07:30:37 AM »

A cape buffalo, up close, at Lake Nakuru National Park. A seemingly calm and beautiful animal, cape buffalo are however extremely dangerous. They are believed to have killed more big game hunters than any other animal. Photo by Parag Kulkarni

The Big Machines plus man power are here!...crossing my fingers all goes well without too much damage to outside of house.

kbshcb

« Reply #7921 on: August 09, 2023, 07:49:00 AM »

Okay, the big machines were being towed by the supervisor to tell the other peeps where to start digging.
I wondered as I'm on a steep hill with only 4 feet of clearance along side my garage.

I heard it will take 3-4 hours just for the digging by hand...meanwhile my ramp is gone/destroyed and all landscaping rock is being piled up......I assume they will fix that all when done.

I just be sitting in the house now for the next 3-4 hours and stay out of their way....I may go mow the backyard if the noise doesn't bother them...

When actual repair starts am guessing the Sup will returnl.

Starting with the elbow..then camera back to house to determine if "pool" needs replacement as well...and a test of some kind...if the pool/dip needs also to be repaired well that means concrete needs to come up first and Scott's shop somewhat damaged...

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7922 on: August 09, 2023, 08:03:23 AM »

HI EVERYONE

68 heading to 83   Humidity 88%  DP 66  Muggy and sunny.

GINGER   Thanks much for letting us know that Dad Norfolk is still going strong.  We know he is well over 12 yrs now right?  Is Lady Jane just his second mate?

PHYL   Thanks for the DNorth update.  Rough year.   Looks like somebody is looking for breakfast at the retention pond.  Funny compilation many of which I have not seen. Slo-mo of the dog catching the ring  :o :o :o

CLYNN   Will be an end to the era in a couple weeks  :'(   What will you do with a free Wednesday?

KB  Hopefully you all evacuated your bladders  LOLOL  Good luck
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7923 on: August 09, 2023, 08:32:00 AM »

KB- looks very much like the water buffalo in Africa;   Ditto Tsk, empty your bladders!  Shucks, concrete damage and Scott's shop too. Just hoping
it all works out well. Fixed in no time, so-to-speak.

Tsk- got me with the breakfoo this AM. Had remains of chili over elbow mac last night topped with shredded veggie cheese. Tonight will be homemade
 beef meatballs over w/w and w/g spaghetti in a traditional pasta sauce with mushrooms, romaine salad dressed in olive oil vinaigrette

Cats will play with anything...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/3025924741842922/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/3025924741842922/
click on either  link then click on 'play'
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 08:35:08 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #7924 on: August 09, 2023, 08:43:35 AM »

Good morning Beakers!   Another hot and humid day!  Interesting that the humidity seems to burn off as the heat rises making it a little more comfortable!   Piper says it is okay and goes out and kays down on the concrete patio or grass in the midday sun!  What a girl.   She will go to the Southern Hound Club at noon for a shampoo, mani and a pedi!  This establishment is owned by my vet!   I do not know how she does with a shampoo but she abhors having her nails done!

Got errands done yesterday and want to take a few pair of pants to the seamstress to have them shortened!   Wish I could lengthen my legs but that wont work!  Lol. I was 5’5” long ago!  No telling now!
Thanks for all the nest and bear reports!  Iris,  tell us what is going on with you! Such a pretty girl and good provider, you should have a man!  Is it halitosis or what!

Going to get ready to get out and about!   Have a successful day.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7925 on: August 09, 2023, 08:52:35 AM »

bounce
Hi to all...
((KB)) talons (and knees) crossed  ::)

Puppy dreams, snores, lil barks n runs, lol
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #7926 on: August 09, 2023, 09:12:34 AM »

Lol. tig.  Are those tzus or yorkis!  Bery cute!

Big fires in Hawaii!  Lani, hope your family is not in the path!

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #7927 on: August 09, 2023, 09:36:31 AM »

Currently 58 - high of 72 today

Tig - That sure is a lot of blooms!  Bet those pups are getting spoiled! ;) ;D   Okay, just saw the sweet pic of the pups napping - so precious!!

Lani - Love the hummer 'nite' pic!    I am wishing for Mike's car to be fixed today!

Phyl - Re; Amy's blog; This reminded me of the tough season the Decorah North's had. :(  If they should nest again, I sure wish they could get a break from the Intruders.
Fabulous nest cam pictures!! :) :)

Puff - Yes! I think DH2 got it herself - yaaaay!

Clynn - Have a wonderful day with your Munchkins!!  Wow, school in about 2 weeks! ;D

Kb - Yaaaay so glad the crew is there - sure hope they make all the necessary repairs without any damage to your beautiful home.   Love your morning pic of the Cape Buffalo and the little story with it.

Tsk - Yummy delicious morning image!

Karen - Piper may not enjoy her trip to get shampoo'd, mani & pedi, but she will feel so good afterwards! ;) :)

LisaG - You are definitely keeping very busy these days! :)

All have a nice day  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #7928 on: August 09, 2023, 09:53:50 AM »

Well, I mowed in back...and discovered an OOPS.....one of my 9 limelight hydrangea isn't flowering.

What the heck?....any guesses?

The hole at the elbow is very deep!...good to know....he found the broken clay elbow....I see him already carrying what looks like PVC pipe.....hmm...how does pvc stick to clay?

and then the (clay) pipe goes deeper I hope (down hill) to the street LOL..

tig - cuties...

I think my grass has done pretty well this year....knock on wood....lots of watering and organic fertilizer.
One area to the left side is rust, which I just started treating...will take a few more anti-fungal sprays.

possibility of thunderstorms today around 2pm....hope they can cover the hole if it does!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7929 on: August 09, 2023, 10:33:41 AM »

Royal Albatross - 8/8
Manaaki is 200 days old today & weighed 8 kg. He will be supplementary fed tomorrow or Thursday.

Data logger attachment (GLS Global Location Sensor)
Also today 20 chicks, 10 males including Manaaki & 10 females were each fitted with a tiny GLS device.
~more info to follow.

8/9  GLS (Global Location Sensor)

Hi everyone, this is the information about the GLS provided by DOC Ranger Sharyn.

Image credit: Sharyn Broni. Thank you.

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #7930 on: August 09, 2023, 10:38:31 AM »

KB  when city did work on city pipes at  front - they slid the PVC inside the clay.  Quick and easy, it was amazing.   Let us know how they handle yours.  Curious.

P

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7931 on: August 09, 2023, 10:43:04 AM »

This is how I remember "Always".

" After all this time? Always. "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeG_judrcOA

What Does ‘Always’ Mean In ‘Harry Potter’? JK Rowling Reveals What She Told Severus Snape Actor Alan Rickman

https://www.ibtimes.com/what-does-always-mean-harry-potter-jk-rowling-reveals-what-she-told-severus-snape-2270077

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #7932 on: August 09, 2023, 10:47:06 AM »

Just looked at my now new PVC elbow...it's clamped to the clay pipe on both ends with thick fittings...it's only the elbow that is PVC.
He showed me the broken clay elbow and says it may have been "junk" for some time.
He's actually finishing up this part soon...back filling in all the dirt...not sure he'll lay back my landscaping rock and ramp....most likely, the rock but the ramp might be junk...I need it to haul up the lawn waste buckets I keep at the bottom of the hill.

He said Iner will return and run a camera down to see about the pool.....that's the first 15 feet out from the floor drain leading to the elbow he just repaired.
These pools were done intentionally by the city in the 60's...it may or may not be a problem going forward.
They'll do their best to appraise me of it.

We can flush!..and use toilet paper.

karengramke

« Reply #7933 on: August 09, 2023, 10:59:23 AM »

Lani. Thanks for the Royal A report!  Hope they do well!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7934 on: August 09, 2023, 11:11:32 AM »

KAREN  I bet Piper is very happy she moved into your home .  ;D  Spa day for Piper.

TIG   Cute pic of the tuckered pups  ;)

KB   That is such a beautiful hedge of hydrangea.  Found this https://gardenerspath.com/plants/ornamentals/hydrangea-not-blooming/#:~:text=Hydrangeas%20grow%20well%20in%20partial,you%20won't%20see%20blossoms.
Now you can have s second cup of coffee  LOLOL

LANI   Thanks for the tagging info on the albatross chicks.  Interesting.
Chicagoland