Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 487955 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8430 on: August 24, 2023, 06:32:22 PM »

Old guy, are you talking bout the Honeywell Evaporative cooler?  Just curios as it is recommended, on line.
Ya gotta love Iris!   What a gal!  Suddenly salad with all the ad ins sounds great!  Add a few shrimp or chickem and call it dinner!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8431 on: August 24, 2023, 06:38:15 PM »

LISA   I thought about that but when it happened to the first one about a week or so ago I don't believe it was that warm.

KAREN   I agree about the shrimp added to a Suddenly Salad.  Lots of possibilities
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8432 on: August 24, 2023, 06:42:07 PM »

tsk, sorry to hear you lost a monarch, it must be something to do with the heat! I am thinking in my mind that the first one managed to fly away...  :) How cool that someone is harvesting your milkweed for the seeds and is sharing them! Ed planted some of the seeds you sent me but I don't think he took very good care of them. This spring I will take care of the planting! aD the watering! I have sent Kelsey's job coach home with tomatoes twice this week! Took some over to the neighbor across the street too! Spread the wealth I say!

baz, hello there!

E4E, Talon and Bella both said they had a fun day at school! I know Talon likes it, he likes to learn things. I will try to get something more from Bella when they come over Sunday!

Puff, you reminded me of something a man I was babysitting for in Duluth, MN said. He loved the cold and said 'you can always put more clothes on but you can only take so much off'!

Lani, beautiful picture of Iris! Has T3 still been visiting? Now that you tell me, I do remember Mike going to Texas before, and falling. He's flying now, I do remember that!

Lisa, glad your Mom is feeling better! I remembered making Spaghetti Salad years ago, with McCormick's Salad Supreme seasoning. And I found that they still make Salad Supreme, so I got some. I am going to make it again, I hope it is as good as I remember it!  I leave the olives out, I don't like olives...  https://dearcrissy.com/spaghetti-salad/

karen, hooray on getting your hearing aids fixed!

jilltosa, I hope you were able to turn a fan on yourself today!  My Oregon sister was living in Portland, but moved to Corvallis last year. They call Eastern Oregon the dessert! I read something about Eastern Oregon (east of the Cascades) wanting to become a part of Oregon because their politics align more with Idaho.

New memorial placed above Lahaina 📷Ryan Wickersheim

Sydney Sea Eagle Cam - Sandra Davies  · Lunch has just been served. Full crops on both.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #8433 on: August 24, 2023, 06:53:49 PM »

tsk, sorry to hear you lost a monarch, it must be something to do with the heat! I am thinking in my mind that the first one managed to fly away...  :) How cool that someone is harvesting your milkweed for the seeds and is sharing them! Ed planted some of the seeds you sent me but I don't think he took very good care of them. This spring I will take care of the planting! aD the watering! I have sent Kelsey's job coach home with tomatoes twice this week! Took some over to the neighbor across the street too! Spread the wealth I say!

baz, hello there!

E4E, Talon and Bella both said they had a fun day at school! I know Talon likes it, he likes to learn things. I will try to get something more from Bella when they come over Sunday!

Puff, you reminded me of something a man I was babysitting for in Duluth, MN said. He loved the cold and said 'you can always put more clothes on but you can only take so much off'!

Lani, beautiful picture of Iris! Has T3 still been visiting? Now that you tell me, I do remember Mike going to Texas before, and falling. He's flying now, I do remember that!

Lisa, glad your Mom is feeling better! I remembered making Spaghetti Salad years ago, with McCormick's Salad Supreme seasoning. And I found that they still make Salad Supreme, so I got some. I am going to make it again, I hope it is as good as I remember it!  I leave the olives out, I don't like olives...  https://dearcrissy.com/spaghetti-salad/

karen, hooray on getting your hearing aids fixed!

jilltosa, I hope you were able to turn a fan on yourself today!  My Oregon sister was living in Portland, but moved to Corvallis last year. They call Eastern Oregon the dessert! I read something about Eastern Oregon (east of the Cascades) wanting to become a part of Oregon because their politics align more with Idaho.

New memorial placed above Lahaina 📷Ryan Wickersheim

Sydney Sea Eagle Cam - Sandra Davies  · Lunch has just been served. Full crops on both.

Well, clynn in fact you could always take clothes off but then you'd get a big ticket.

karengramke

« Reply #8434 on: August 24, 2023, 07:40:30 PM »

Clynn, thanks for that informative post! I think Iris is going to open a home building construction company!
Little ones with full crops are adorable!

Phyl, is Jim any better?

oldguy

« Reply #8435 on: August 24, 2023, 07:46:50 PM »

The one I saw advertized and displayed at Walmart is this unit...
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arctic-Air-Pure-Chill-2-0-Personal-Evaporative-Air-Cooler-120-volts/525608766?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=1721&adid=22222222277525608766_117755028669_12420145346&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=501107745824&wl4=pla-294505072980&wl5=9018505&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=525608766&wl13=1721&veh=sem_LIA&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_5unBhCMARIsACZyzS0KOquIALeHwB53Dcrty1BshC1b5wJa3OFDE_hDZnXEaNPtxAyv4poaAmrZEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

An air conditioner removes moisture from the air as it cools it - an evaportive cooler adds moisture to the air - if you add too much water to the air, it will cause condensation to form inside.  About 70% humidity is the cut off for a swamp cooler to work without causing everything to get damp to the touch.  Using chilled water will make for cooler air out of the unit, but that will make the humidity to get worse.

The reviews on the Honeywell 500cfm said it took 27 qts of water in 1 day - that is a lot of water added to the air.  My biggest concern would be mold for us in the high humidity areas.

My first experience with a swamp cooler was in 1969 - I worked in a small town movie house - it used a BIG swamp cooler - outside it had a 4x4x6 ft. box of lava rock with a stream of water running on the rocks - inside (in the basement) was a large squirrel cage fan that moved the air in the building - fan was about 8 feet long and 4 ft diameter.  It ran slow enough that you could not hear it run, but blew enough air to keep the theater cool.  But it was a very damp air.
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #8436 on: August 24, 2023, 09:30:31 PM »

Tsk - Oh no, so sorry for another Monarch lost.  You always do everything right, but some are just not going to make it. :(   Yaay - good for the 80 year old fellow who will be running in a half marathon soon!   So nice of you to share some of your goodies with the Comcast guys! ;D

LisaG - Thank you - my Sis has done well since her Thyroid surgery in June - she healed nicely!

Clynn - Nice that you are sharing the wealth of your tomatoes - wish I were your neighbor - next year I will plan on planting my own tomatoes again (been spending $$ this season on tomatoes at the grocery store)! ;D   Glad that the Munchkins had a good first day at school! ;D   Love the Sydney Sea Eagle cam pic!

OG - Interesting about the swamp coolers!

Phyl - Hope Jim is feeling a little better tonight. :)

Lani - Good thing that Mike has a well trained staff.

Hi Tig  :)

All have a good evening - sleep well - SEDs  :)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8437 on: August 24, 2023, 11:57:40 PM »

Tsk- waffles look yummy; so sad you lost another monarch  :'(

Hi jilltosa-stay cool

Lisa-cuppa java, nice and dark  ;) Where's the jam?; JIm appreciated the chicken alphabet soup

CLynn- nice greetings, I have alot of 'sayings'  and such on one of my Pinterest boards. I might share.  My parents  did some of those 'ways to keep cool' And, being on the desert when it was too hot and the A/C went out there were many nights and days  spent w/o covers in undies and days spent on the porch with a hand fan or at the drug store at the counter .  I'll do a search on Penzeys.  :-*   to Keebler the Lemur  Tks for Hellgate update. Some stick for Iris!    :o risky scaffolding!

Karen- so glad your hearing aids are fixed.  And, if Piper could speak English she'd say how happy she was too.  Arrrrgggg!  Gotta be kidd'n me !  Swamp coolers will make the arid desert humid! Blah! Best to keep the air moving with a fan and let the perspiration evaporate! From experience  :)

Lani-awww lovely Iris !  sounds like Mike has a good staff to help with the move. Hope all goes well. I do remember that spill he took last year

Puff-  :) so funny your description of 'sweat'

Hi E4E- :)   'dreamy'  'good night' greeting

CLynn nice memorial at  Lahaina; tks for sharing - Sandra Davies  Sydney Sea Eagle Cam  update/photos---cute little eaglets!

Hope all have a restful night with lots of SEDs
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 12:17:08 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8438 on: August 25, 2023, 01:11:40 AM »

Oldguy, I have friends in Tucson who have swamp coolers.

Lisa, Eagles, Tsk, The Suddenly Salad Classic Pasta is a great base for an antipasto salad. You can mix what you like in it. I made that years ago for my MIL. Enjoy  :)

Tsk, sorry about your butterfly.... it's nice of you to share your milkweed pods and your veggies!  :) Just think of how many monarch butterflies will be soaring the skies next year.

Clynn, 3T hasn't been seen, but Louis was there again yesterday. Louis does not want to leave Iris and her nest alone. But, he doesn't bring her food or help with nest. He takes her fish. Glad to hear Talon and Bella had a good first day. I hope Bella is making lots of new friends.  :) .. I've forgotten about that spaghetti salad, made it years ago. {{{Lahaina}}} the Sea Eaglets look well fed and gorgeous!  :-*

Eagles, Mike has done the training at the 4 plants. He has a great woman manager at the Austin one.  :)

Phyl, Since that accident, no more long distance driving for Mike. I hope Jim is feeling better.

Good night!

Prayers for Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's mom, Tsk's friend Lynn & Husband and her DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #8439 on: August 25, 2023, 06:19:30 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...

Currently 77F  fog;   High  101F sunny,  Low 75F    Humidity 97%[/ i]     

{{{ Lahaina, Maui, HI }}}  🙏 's
{{{Successful recovery from  Hurricane Hilary}}} 🙏 's

Jim's Doc wouldn't give him an appt with out a CoVid test first.  Eventually, after checking a CVS and  Walgreens for in Home rapid test. He actually
talked to a person at Walgreen's who recommended  the little Kroger Clinic across the street. He went there and was tested at 'No Charge'.
The results are 'negative' and Jim has appt tomorrow at 8am. His chest sounds like a train wreck.  I still have a bag of KN95 masks. I handed him one
and told to wear it as Jim's not considerate and coughs, spews and sneezes into the air and onto anything. Because of his attitude I keep him isolated in a spare room with  lots of water, tissues and waste basket and the TV remote---if he wants--- until meal time.
Hopefully he'll have some Rx's  when he returns.    ;) :)   

Lani- sweet 'Good Night'
Tig-how's Camper's daughter doing these days? 

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #8440 on: August 25, 2023, 06:24:14 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #8441 on: August 25, 2023, 06:27:56 AM »

The Mississippi River Flyway, waking up to a new day.

Camera Time: Aug 25, 2023 6:25 AM CDT
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8442 on: August 25, 2023, 07:01:00 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! It's Friday!

Lani, Louis...sigh. Sounds like Mike is on track to retire as planned! He must be a very, very good trainer, they are lucky to have him and they know it... Funny that the spaghetti salad something we made years ago (90s), I was surprised that the seasoning was still around! Sweet good night kitties. I picked up Honey's ashes and paw print today...

Phyl, oh, I remember sleeping in just undies when we were at Grandma & Grandpa's in So. Illinois in the summer, with a fan on us, all the windows open! I can't remember complaining about it! I don't think heat affects kids much, at least it didn't back then! Happy to hear that Jim is getting himself to the Dr. and that he tested negative!  What is with some men and going to the Dr? Ed is the same way... Pink sunrise on the Flyway! Ooh, those hornets! And that good morning doggie!

E4E, if you were my neighbor I would be happy to supply you with tomatoes! This is the first year Ed has had a good crop with plenty to share!

oldguy, I remember when we lived on base, near Phoenix, my Dad called that thing on the roof of our house a swamp cooler. That was back in the 60's, and I couldn't begin to tell you if it worked well! Kids don't care about such things!

Puff, yes, one could take all clothes off in the heat and still be hot and sweaty. And with an indecent exposure ticket! The only help would be a body of water and a bathing suit!

Somewhere in Montana...

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8443 on: August 25, 2023, 07:10:13 AM »

GOOD MORNING BEAKERS

73 heading to 82.  DP 70    humidity 92%

CLYNN   That spaghetti salad looks great.  Now I must look for that seasoning  :-\  Good update on Sidney sea eagles. Cute ;)  Suspect Bella will be pretty talkative about school on Sunday  ;)   Aww  Honey's ashes.  Do you have all your pets ashes?   Somewhere in Montana  LOL
Love that reading nook - right up my alley  ;)

PHYL  Happy Friday face is hysterical  LOL   Glad Jim is going to get checked out.  Serene flyway this AM

Off at 8:30 to hopefully my last visit with back surgeon ( 6 mos)
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8444 on: August 25, 2023, 07:14:41 AM »

bounce
Phyl... No change I'm aware of with Camper's daughter. I worry now because she is a librarian in Texas.
(TSK) (Clynn) all...
Off to the pool
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)