Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470525 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12030 on: December 08, 2023, 07:44:44 PM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Where are Golden Eagles 733 and 834?
 December 8, 2023  RaptorResource
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/12/08/where-are-golden-eagles-733-and-834-2/
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12031 on: December 08, 2023, 07:45:03 PM »

SEDs Everyone                                   

#IstandwithEvan

Emyrauld

« Reply #12032 on: December 08, 2023, 07:59:26 PM »

Sorry for just jumping in after months away.  I do check the Beak room from time to time, but I lack the time and the energy to keep up with such a prolific group.  I have continued to monitor the local peregrine cams, but I have significantly cut back the number of hours I devote to it.  I am not getting any younger.  My eyes tire very quickly.  I would rather reduce my involvement than try to keep up and miss something important and let my group down.  It was a nightmare year this year with all the wild fires and smoke, heat and drought.  We had takeovers and challenges,  sometimes as many as four at most of the sites.  Two of our oldest sites had no eggs at all. At one, no birds returned and no new ones appeared, at the other, our 17 year old female came late and took up with a very young male.  They remained the resident pair until migration, but did not produce offspring this year.  At 2 other sites, we lost 4 chicks in all, 2 to disease and 2 to weather.  And at the other three nests, we lost track of 2 fledglings and rescued 3 or 4 others.  I think we only witnessed 4 possibly successful fledges.   My numbers could be off, it was very busy and mind-numbing. 

As for my avatar, I got it up with the help of Eagle Duck.  I lost it when his family closed down his site.  I tried a couple of times to get it back up using a google url, but lost it again  often after just a few days.  I decided it wasn’t worth the irritation.  I seem to spend a way to much time keeping up with my digital world these days.  What with non stop updates and upgrades I am forever in a fog looking for parts of programs that move around and come and go, work and don’t work.   I swear this is an intentional move by techies that use it to ensure their continued employment.

And with this, I end my whiny post.  If I don’t have anything a little more upbeat to offer, i will stay quiet and just read. 
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

karengramke

« Reply #12033 on: December 08, 2023, 08:16:19 PM »

Emy, what a terrible year!  I can understand your limiting your time due to sging eyes!   I am there!  Any way, thanks for the heartbreaking report and do stop in when you have time!

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #12034 on: December 08, 2023, 10:54:08 PM »

LisaG - That is so special that you are planning to have a room for Sydney.  It won't be long until she becomes familiar with her room and will love it and she will have wonderful memories of coming over to her Grandparent's house!!

Hi Puff!

Tsk - Glad Tim is doing good.  How are Tom & Barb?   Bet it felt good to have your hair cut.  Probably good that you wore a mask. ;)

Tig - Loved your Dad's jokes!!!! Lol!!!! ;D

Bazi - You make delicious meals - and that is great that you make enough for at least a couple of more dinners!

Lori - Awe, so sad - prayers for Andria - I truly hope she makes it.

Phyl - You will find a way to shampoo your hair.  No doubt you will figure it out. :)

Og - Thank you for links!

Emy - Thank you for your knowledge of all the different nests you've kept track of.  Eagle Duck had helped me with several Avatars too.  Then, after he sadly passed,  I had to get a different one.   I think E-D actually helped me with at least 3 or 4 of my previous Avatars. 

Karen - Hope you & Piper are doing good tonight.  Did Piper finally 'accept' your Christmas decorations? ;D

Beakers have a good night & sleep well.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12035 on: December 09, 2023, 12:09:34 AM »

Hi Beakers
I hope you all are well and had a good day.
For me it was a long one and I'll say good night.
And catch up with you in the morning.  :)

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 12:16:12 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #12037 on: December 09, 2023, 06:19:21 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....It's Caturday!!!!!!

Just wanted to say, Good morning and hope everyone has a great Caturday. We are heading out shortly.  Will check back in later tonight, or tomorrow morning.

T40 - Thanks for the videos, will save those for later.

Lani - Hope your long day was a good one. 

E4E - Love that Christmas pic from last night.

Phyl - Thanks for the RRP post, and so sad about Ryan O'Neal.

Lori - I am glad you are not going to watch, but are going to keep us updated.  I don't think I want to watch the videos either.

oldguy - We are going to be in the 50's today too, with that expected major weather event tomorrow.  It is going to make for a nasty moving day.   Thanks for the videos.

tsk - Oh yikes...I do hope the mask helped.  I know how busy you are this time of the year. 

Have a good day, everyone!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12038 on: December 09, 2023, 06:26:55 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! It's Caturday!!

Speaking of Caturday, new pictures of our kittens!

T40, not used to seeing your post first thing in the morning! Thanks for all the fun videos, cats are so cool!

Lani, yes, you had a very busy day yesterday. Hope you rested well... Cute doggie with the bows!

E4E, hope all is going well for you and Kris and the rest of your family!

Emy, good to see you, so sad to hear about the not-so-good year for the birds. I know they are all very special to you, hoping for a better next year. My sister's partner has 30 something bluebird nests in Oregon that she monitors and sends reports on. Some years just aren't good ones...

Phyl, oh, Ryan O'Neil...I so remember crying at the end of Love Story, he was such a sweetheart...He was also in Bones, as Temperence's Dad. I found this picture of Ryan and Ali McGraw taken in 2016. Love Story was filmed in 1978, 45 years ago...  His life was pretty messed up though: https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituaries/2023/12/08/ryan-oneal-dead/

Lori, prayers for Andria...

oldguy, thanks for the entertainment, Simon's Cat and Maru! I bet you have been busy at work! Good luck at cards tonight!

tsk, fingers crossed and prayers that the mask kept you safe, you do so much with your church at Christmas!

kb, beautiful Gray Owl! Love the snowman in the bathtub!

Lisa, safe travels wherever you are going! Helping Bradley and Kelly move in I suspect!

It was a hard day!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #12039 on: December 09, 2023, 07:10:06 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Caturday !   

Currently 59F;   High  65F heavy T storms,  Low 41 F .

Lani Oh that bulldog , last night all tuckered out for wrapping gifts; hope you got some deserved rest

CLynn the kittens are so sweet/adorable; LOL cat and toilet paper

T40 thanks for the links. Will have to finish later.

Tsk take care

Lisa good luck with the moving  ;)

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12040 on: December 09, 2023, 07:13:11 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12041 on: December 09, 2023, 07:15:03 AM »

The Cat from Outer Space (1978)
The Cat from Outer Space is a 1978 American science fiction comedy film directed by Norman Tokar (his final film before his death the following year) starring Ken Berry, Sandy Duncan, Harry Morgan, Ronnie Schell, Roddy McDowall and McLean Stevenson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cat_from_Outer_Space
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 07:28:36 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12042 on: December 09, 2023, 07:25:54 AM »

Lisa cute kitty this AM in it's collar of Christmas ornaments

CLynn very realistic kitty of snow--the eyes are amazing

Eagles Rockwellesque 'good night' greeting

Emy  such a terrible year for your local birds. Hope fully next season will be much better. Don't wait so long to stop by and see us.

#IstandwithEvan

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #12043 on: December 09, 2023, 07:41:18 AM »

update on Mama Andria at Kisatchie National Forest Eagle Cam Andria has fallen from the nest and rangers are going to get her at first light this morning... see below...
Prayers for you sweet Andria there is still hope!!!
💜

via Tonya Irwin  facebook
E-3:  Andria appeared to be having trouble breathing and also appeared to have another seizure.  She went over the side of the nest.  The rangers will be able to go get her in the morning.  We are heartbroken.  💔
The Rangers will go out at first light to get her.  She has been found on the ground via the canopy cam.  If she is alive, they will bring her to LSU - LSU has already been contacted.

here is a clip of Andria and her mate Alex on December 5th.  Andria just laid 2 eggs in the past week... Alex is busy protecting Andria, the 2 eggs and his territory💜
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

kbshcb

« Reply #12044 on: December 09, 2023, 08:04:34 AM »

This is in Palos Verdes CA. the writer states Peacocks lounge around the neighborhood...hmm, I had no idea that was the case. I can think of wild turkeys here sitting on vehicles. Wonder what either would do to a paint job on the vehicle?

Lori - terrible news but do keep us posted in case they can retrieve her and help.
I know they don't know what is wrong with her but speculations.
I found this and was surprised, a potential other than lead that causes seizures in eagles..
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/10/191018080612.htm
A virus affecting app. 1/3 of bald eagles...hmm.

clynn - adorable kitties to be!..I forgot the sex of them?..one of each?
Your article on Ryan is paywalled for me.

We were predicted to have an inch of the S word here today....as I look at radar the main part of the system seems to be north and may fizzle?
Wouldn't bother me a bit.

Morning all.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1733411196697534821
An adorable and curious weasel I believe. I can't tell the difference between a stoat and weasel without the tail visible.