Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470584 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10740 on: November 01, 2023, 04:20:16 PM »

OK just to join the survey --  My doorbell rang twice; first one he didn't give me enough time.  When I reached the door he was already half way down the driveway.  Second one was a younger teen, fully costumed and looking witchy.  Gave her two fists of whatever.  It is sad the tradition changed.  We had more fun with it.

And, to start the traffic results of the coming of winter. . .

They actually had three major expressways in the area this morning until about 7 and 8.  Problems started about 2 a.m. is what I heard.  Started with the intermittent bands of light snow.  tsk's area had measurable; I had some flakes.  What fell was melting for a while, making surfaces looked like it rained.  However, Mother Nature won when the temp dropped enough for the "wet" to turn to black ice.  So many accidents that at that crucial time "rushhour" turned into hours and many multiple car accidents.  Three interstates, you know that was a BAD way to start the day/the season.  Did it make the national news shows anywhere??

P

I hate to say it but I will: We had that ice a few days ago, but NEVER hit the news, ever....it's just the coasts now..Chicago used to be added, but now maybe not even you.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10741 on: November 01, 2023, 04:56:58 PM »

karen, did you change Piper's name to Putter?  LOLOL! You are wise to keep your light off, if Ms. Piper (Putter) ran out you wouldn't be able to catch her!

We will have temps between 48 and 63 for the next couple of weeks, I consider that good! We called Mom at Cathy's earlier and sang Happy Birthday to her. I told her she had a lot of Birthday Wishes in the Beak Room, she asked me to thank you all! 

Puff, it is sad that there are so many creepy people in this world that we can't let kids go out and trick or treat. Didn't it start when someone put razor blades in apples years ago? And then the tampered with Tylenol in 1982.  Here is an interesting article about the tricks found in treats in the past...   https://halloweenlove.com/razor-blades-in-the-apple-urban-myth-or-deadly-fact/
Black ice is wicked!

Lori, love the wonderful goodies for my Mom!

baz, love the little girl riding the alligator!  ;D ;D

Lani, we did have a lot of fun back in the 60's!

What was childhood like in the '60s?
Growing up in the 1960s was a unique experience. Children had more freedom and independence than they do today. They could come and go with few restrictions and play unsupervised for hours at a time. Kids walked, unaccompanied by an adult, to and from school or the school bus stop. Independent latchkey kids were common.

Toys like BB guns, cap guns, yard darts, and other quite dangerous toys were popular. Kids could easily open bottles because they weren’t child safe. Sugary gum and candy were a 1960s childhood staple.

Teachers could and would use corporal punishment.

The 1960s were turbulent, violent, but also colorful years. There were assassins and flower children, alienation and idealism, rebellion and repercussion.

I want to thank you all for the wonderful and beautiful birthday wishes for my Mom!

Within the child lies the fate of the future...

I think all of us get this one!!!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10742 on: November 01, 2023, 05:52:47 PM »

CLYNN  The royal children are beautiful.   So many times I did that with my cassettes  LOL  And yes for all the turbulence of the 60's it was a great time.  Lots of face to face "friends", outside all the time, so much safer - Kindergarten I walked 6 blocks by myself when Mom was sure I knew the way.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #10743 on: November 01, 2023, 06:07:46 PM »

No name change but I had  Putter so long what when I type a capital P, utter almost always follows!  Lol
Avtuslly, Putter would not have paid any attentiom to them.
As a long suffering Cubs fan, I am extremely partial to the National league!  Would have loved yo see the adb win the series!  Lani, can they win all the rest of the games?
Good for Shannon!
Tig, why don't you wear socks wit that winter foot ware?  When I was a kid I read Jack London Call of the Wild.  I. The book he said he wore tennis shoes and wool socks in snowy cold Alaska?  Said they were warm and dried fast!
Phyl, tasty dinner for Jim!
Lori, you post one delicious looking thing after another!  I could eas almost all of them!

Oh, I get it on the picture of the 3 children.  I think the 50s were the best time to grow up!  Walked to school withoutparents!
Speaking of eating, the cheerios are to die for!   No kk here but dunkin donuts opened!  Night all.  Seds

oldguy

« Reply #10744 on: November 01, 2023, 07:41:08 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

I did not have my porch light on last night - but did scan down the street on occasion and did not see any kids in my neighborhood.

Bobby Knight Dies at 83   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSFMYc4eOn8

Miri is not letting Maru always have his way...
Maru was beaten at his box battle   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8xVuNUmtE0

The Q kids with a change-up - singing harmony...
Quarantine Kids play "Wait"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrgu3DAAKgA
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

BrokenLug

« Reply #10745 on: November 01, 2023, 08:17:36 PM »

Later Gators...  no sheriffs or wildlife officers required.  Maybe Child Protective Services instead.   ;) :D

Have a great afternoon!  :)

I know I swampy alligator sleep better tonight.

baz  rofl.

Our 1st attempt of _ not good.   ;D

How digits got missing amongst siblings is so personnel. 

;)

I'll lead it off by saying I was just trying to pet a Tasmanian Platypus.

Below my last knuckle, right pinky finger.

I honestly have use nor memory of it since.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 08:54:38 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #10746 on: November 01, 2023, 09:10:06 PM »

I think that alligator/pony shot is photoshopped.  Little girl is riding a pony. IMO  :) ;)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

BrokenLug

« Reply #10747 on: November 01, 2023, 10:38:25 PM »

U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #10748 on: November 01, 2023, 11:06:28 PM »

I left half a right calf from a black bear up a pine tree in Wyoming.

A lightning strike 3 times has tried to take me out up on high.

What doesn't make me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6lyaolPIOc
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 11:28:09 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10749 on: November 01, 2023, 11:13:42 PM »

Ladies, my morning photo isn't of my front porch. Just a search result Pinterest gave me for 'All Saint's  Day'. Those religious statures are expensive

KB kitty/bunny-prey/predator -interesting; too funny but true on 'X'

Tsk  cute birthday BB for CLynn's mom. Speaking of we've had our BBs flitter & fluttering around the back and forest beyond the retention pond. But
last week was the first I had time and opportunity occurring. Got some snaps.

E4E  c hili dogs are fun

CLynn so glad your mom enjoyed all our BD posts;  I remember and watched 'The Monkeys' :...we're too busy singin' to put anybody down...Hey, hey. We're
The Monkeys."  Over sized cheerios  ;D

Lori  those key lime cup cakes.  ;)

Lisa nice AM greeting today;  Jeff not scared- shocked more like it ;   keep forgetting the hot coco after dinner  ::)

eburg I agree --Photoshop

Bazi  :)

Karen
   :)

Oldguy thanks for the Q-Kids; our porch light was off last night as well. Just in case some were out. Nope, nada.

BL so interested in the 'super socket' commercial-forgot to listen to the music  ::)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 12:15:10 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10750 on: November 01, 2023, 11:45:02 PM »

"Good Evening' ,"Good Night'  ...SEDs  to Everyone !

#IstandwithEvan

BrokenLug

« Reply #10751 on: November 01, 2023, 11:59:56 PM »

A little Cheers

U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10752 on: November 02, 2023, 01:15:47 AM »

Congrats Tig and Texas Rangers fans!  8)

Baz, pet Gator! .... CPS required... little girl looks like Shirley Temple.

Karen, Did you change Piper's name to Putter? cute  ;D ... No kibbles or biscuits for the coyotes.  ;D

Tsk, Mesa, Payson, Pine, Strawberry, ShowLow, Pinetop, there's a large community of Mormons in the state. A few of our state officials/Rep are Mormons. Shannon lives in a very close knit Mormon community. They take care of each other, especially during the lockdown. And they took care of Shannon. It took her awhile to get use to, but she likes it now, if she needs anything someone's husband or son would be there to repair a roof, electrical or lawn problem... She gives to them as well. A couple tried to fix her up with their sons, but, she's too independent for that. LOL!!!  ... I walked several blocks to school too, and even took a shortcut under a wire fence onto a naval facility and walked around the silver Quon sid huts and back under a wire fence and there was Pearl Harbor Elementary.  ;D Mother never knew and neither did the Navy.  ;D

SED Puff, Phyl, Eagles  :)

Clynn, I loved the 60's!  ;D ... Pencil! LOL!

Oldguy, We had season tickets to KU ball games. One of the greatest games we went to was Coach Knight/Indiana playing at Allen Fieldhouse KU and Coach Roy Williams. I'll always remember seeing him walk on the floor! Awesome! Great Coaches and great night for basketball.

BL, goodness, living life on the edge!  8)

Eburg,  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #10753 on: November 02, 2023, 06:15:21 AM »

Currently 33F  and clear   High  53F sunny,  Low 33 F  .

Tig Congrats ! on team win

Tsk I too walked several blocks to school--in foul and fair weather

Puff   confession time--for some unknown reason when I type your  forum 'handle' I type 'Purr" .  ::)

Lani / CLynn I loved the fashion of the 1960's, style of cars and all

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10754 on: November 02, 2023, 06:16:04 AM »

Several celebrations for  Wednesday November 2, 2023

International Project Management Day
National Men Make Dinner Day
International Stout Day