Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470711 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10200 on: October 15, 2023, 10:06:35 AM »

Yep, Clynn I seemed to have missed the boat all around.  I did see the wiper blade go by.  Didn't know it was  at N1 now too.  New accessory.  Yesterday I saw the night lights go on at North Nest; is that new, too?

Just curious -- can you really have them called windshield wipers if the tree has no windshield?  Need a creative new term.  LOL

P

BrokenLug

« Reply #10201 on: October 15, 2023, 11:39:14 AM »

Puff How about camera lens wiper.   ;)
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10202 on: October 15, 2023, 12:02:17 PM »

Sister Ally

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

BL, that's a pretty neat cam setup for Decorah. Thanks

Eagles, Talons crossed for your grandson's game. Have a great day!  ;D

Puff, Great view from the cam and there's a full pantry for the couple. I don't remember that view before. The photos in the chat are wonderful!

Hi Lisa  :)

Tsk, Who do you think you are? is another good ancestry show.  https://www.nbc.com/who-do-you-think-you-are. Lisa Kudrow (Friends) is executive producer of this series.
Sending good wishes for your coat drive today.  :-*

Clynn, never made it to the Qs. ;D.... dogs afraid of cats!Poor pups!  ;D Sadie isn't one of them.... You have to ask Patty! LOL!! Good idea... I'm very excited for you to make your trip! Looking forward to pics and reading about your family/adventure.  ;D ... love the Tiny House Village, Aly would love it too... perfect bedroom for watching the seasons come and go.... I remember every song in that year! What a great year for music! My friends and I would sing The Name Game walking through our high school main corridor, and using the names of peeps we would see. Included our favorite teachers too ;D . Peeps would join in, oh what great high school memories!!! I still have my cheerleader and majorette outfits and letter sweater... 1 2 3  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWpV2gi9AiA ... great pics of N1! Didn't know about the new cam set up.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #10203 on: October 15, 2023, 12:03:47 PM »

E4E - Glad you had a nice visit with Mom and sis, and the hummers, too!  Have fun at your grandson's game...good luck to him. 

clynn - I saw John from RRP mention in opening chat for Decorah yesterday afternoon, that they left the fish for HM & HD.   :D

BL - Cool cam  :)

Lani - Sister Ally!  ;D

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10204 on: October 15, 2023, 12:17:26 PM »

Royal Albatross - Oct 13, 2023
As the new season is beginning to get underway, we were fortunate enough to see some of the returnees on the hill at sunset. There were five albies that were seen socializing at one point. How exciting to see them all back- maybe for the first time to try and make a connection! At the last count, there were 40 new new arrivals back to kick off the season. These are a mix of prior breeding adults. juveniles and first time returnees.
Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

Royal Albatross ~ Albie Party At Sunset! 💗 New Arrivals Socializing! 10.13.23https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVPZzgAkXWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVPZzgAkXWI

Royal Albatross ~ Mid-Air Kisses Between Albies 💕 More Returnees Including OLY! 10.14.23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lJy8gd4iE4

Oct 14, 2023
This was a magical moment when one returning albatross was on the ground and a second one hovers right overhead and & they reach out and try and touch bills like they were giving one another a kiss! The kisser circles around several times and offers up some more affection before landing and interacting with another albie. Such an enchanting time for the toroa as they return now to meet up with their mate or to find new love!

It looks like maybe LKO has returned as well and then we get to see OLY flying in and get a good look at his band. LKO will be looking for a mate and OLY and his mate did have an egg in 2022 but were unsuccessful. Lots of albies flying in and around the headland now - very exciting!

To see the highlights below, please click on the timestamps to advance to that portion of the video.

TIMESTAMPS
00:00 - Opening albies flying
01:25 1st mid air kiss
02:13 One albie lands
02:17 2nd mid air kiss
02:30 3rd kiss attempt
03:10 Three albies socializing
04:33 Possibly LKO seen
05:31 OLY flying in
06:25 OLY closeup and band seen
07:01 More returnees in view

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

This happened near Lilibet-QT's nest before the Royalcam was moved to South Plateau!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #10205 on: October 15, 2023, 12:35:24 PM »

Wow Lisa Is that what is called an overkill? M & D busy soaring around. Think John wants an early, active season with two chunk eagles.   :o

I'm also going to add my experience with tech.  Me thinks they've been trying to get more $$$$ from us.  I noticed a couple week now - getting block out of postings.  At first it was the morphed X.  Don't care what it's called.  Passed   For years getting ads was being controlled by AdBlockerPlus.  Then at the beginning of '23 they had something about us volunteering donations.  Selling point - they were just trying to keep us safe?

Now, I have no idea how cute the kitties were.  I think I've missed some of bl's Alaska pics.  Can't get in to some of OG's stuff.  But that's OK there are lots of channels on TV - I have the Bears and NHRA right now.   What do you think kb Bears or Vikings?

P
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 01:53:01 PM by Puff »

kbshcb

« Reply #10206 on: October 15, 2023, 01:38:06 PM »

Puff - Vikings for sure!..ahead at half time...and, we are missing our best WR, Jefferson...hamstring injury on IR....SKOL!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10207 on: October 15, 2023, 01:58:23 PM »

Lani, I am impressed that you got to the Q's ! What a rebel you were!  Oh, all the Albies are returning, should Millie and Willie be in this group? 40 new arrivals already, that is a lot! Love the kiss!  And love Sister Aly! I was in the Pep Squad in 1965! Very similar to Cheerleaders except we did routines to music during the game half time.

Puff, I thought that was quite a big lot of fish in the nest, it will be pretty aromatic before long!  ::) ::) BL got it, cam lens wipers!

Sydney Sea Eagle Cam - Pat Burke  · Sunday, 15 October 2023. Two on the branch enjoying the late afternoon sun. SE32 on the left, SE31 on the right.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10208 on: October 15, 2023, 02:36:58 PM »

Puff, the Decorah cam is live! Great pannng going on!  OMG, the cam has a windshield wiper on it!

E4E, precisely, dinner within half an hour of Dad getting home from work.  Of course, back then our Moms didn't work outside the home much... Have fun at the game!

Clynn, LOL on the Decorah cam having a windshield wiper!!  I love it!! But... I hope it also has a remote-activated windshield wash sprayer, because if not, oh my... wait til the wiper wipes a PS - smear it allllll the way across the cam lens!! Just like my car's windshield wipers do with the bird poop SPLAT - it requires multiple spray-and-wipes to get the smeared bird poop under control! LOL!   ;D  P.S. I'm guessing all those fish in the nest were an RRP "offering."   :D :-* :-*

« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 02:39:23 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Puff

« Reply #10209 on: October 15, 2023, 02:48:11 PM »

It has to be minor technicality baz between an offering and a bribe?   ;D   Whatever works.

P
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 02:51:05 PM by Puff »

baziunc

« Reply #10210 on: October 15, 2023, 02:52:06 PM »

Sydney Sea Eagle Cam - Pat Burke  · Sunday, 15 October 2023. Two on the branch enjoying the late afternoon sun. SE32 on the left, SE31 on the right.

Clynn, awww, they're "bookending" with those twin heraldic poses!  :-*  Just beautiful juvies, and very sweet!   :-* :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #10211 on: October 15, 2023, 02:55:43 PM »

It has to be minor technicality baz between an offering and a bribe?   ;D   Whatever works.

P

Puff, LOL! I agree.  ;) ;D  And Bob Anderson wouldn't have had it any other way!!  :) :-* :-*

baziunc

« Reply #10212 on: October 15, 2023, 03:11:59 PM »

Thank you, Rachel Carson, and others like you!!  :-*

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

I finally got my walk up to 45 minutes today. Yay! It felt great, and it's a beautiful day!  :D

LisaG1967

« Reply #10213 on: October 15, 2023, 04:13:48 PM »

Afternoon kb  :D

Lani - Love the update on the Royals! 

Puff - Yep, that is alot of fish.  Maybe HM & HD will share.  :)

clynn;D ;D the dog commentary!  Those Sydney kids are just beautiful! 

baz - Yay, for getting up to 45 minutes for your walk.

karen - You still feeling ok since your injection?

karengramke

« Reply #10214 on: October 15, 2023, 04:15:17 PM »

Great  news on the walk Baz! 
Clynn, that is the best picture of the sea eagles!
Glad to hear the news on the Albies!   They are very amazing birds!  I hope they continue to thrive!

Sadly, Piper Laurie , age 91, has died as well as Suzanne Somers.  Suzanne was 76 and died from Breast Cancer.  She had a very aggressive  form and fought it fot 23 years. She would have been z77 tomorrow!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 05:45:18 PM by karengramke »