Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470505 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10080 on: October 12, 2023, 07:24:15 AM »

HI BEAKERS

PHYL   I'd love to be on that autumn porch taking a nap  :) ;)

EAGLES   I have 4 -1,000 piece puzzles but tell people who give them to me that I can only do one of those each winter and now prefer the 500's as well.   ::) ;D

KAREN  Too bad you do not care for the new HHA..  Yes, we are of that age when doc visits become more common .  The parts just wear out.  Between Tim and I   ::) ::) :o :o :P  Hope the shot tomorrow will provided the needed pain relief.   That's the second tree frog.  I bet Piper is the culprit.

LANI  What a report on the Royals - Now I've learned how they name them  LOLOL    Thanks so much for the follow-up on the fallen tree eaglets.  Happy ending.  Sure hope the culprits do get fined that $800,000.

REMEMBERING OUR WILLI'S HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY TODAY
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 07:31:23 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #10081 on: October 12, 2023, 07:38:45 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tig - Your German dinner sounded delicious. 

oldguy - Thanks for the videos.

E4E - Funny you should ask about Pepe', I opened the front door to let Misty & Bandit look out the storm door and who is on the front lawn....Pepe'!   ;D

tsk - Congrats to Barb & Tom on 49 years!  Thanks for the reminder.   :-*

karen - Good luck with the injection today!

BL - Thanks for the tunes.

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update.  I do remember YRK! 

Phyl - Love the morning animal figurines. 

HAPPY HEAVENLY Birthday to willi!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 12:04:07 PM by LisaG1967 »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10082 on: October 12, 2023, 08:12:16 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, the Royal Albys are returning for the new season! Love the picture of a couple of the Royals cruising in! Interesting article on the eaglets whose tree was cut down, I also vote for the biggest fine allowable! So good to hear the eaglets survived and fledged!

Phyl, thanks for all the news! Cute little Pine Marten in the 365, such a sweet face... And the Decorah cams announcement, great news! Good info on The Ring of Fire. How is Ms. Maggie doing today? Give her a kitty hug from Harley and me!

tsk, don't tell anyone like Ed that you love puzzles, you will be buried! I am buried in so many things!  ;D ;D I enjoy doing puzzles online!

BL, good tunes...are you still in the upper regions?

karen, you have been busy!  And so has Piper! 🐸 🐸

Lisa, Pepe is back! I bet he roams the neighborhood regularly, now that it is getting colder and all the young Pepes are gone...

Lani, this popped up in my FB feed this morning!
The Albatross is the largest bird that can go years without landing. They spend their first 6 years of life flying over the ocean before coming to the land to mate. It is capable of traveling more than 10,000 miles in a single journey and circumnavigating the globe in 46 days.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

« Reply #10083 on: October 12, 2023, 08:29:54 AM »

Happy Birthday in Heaven willi!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10084 on: October 12, 2023, 08:36:40 AM »

some bounce

Clynn... love that orchid!

BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10085 on: October 12, 2023, 08:49:45 AM »

I did get my Flu shot yesterday!

Karen - You sure are busy taking care of things!  Wishing you all the best with your shot today.

BL - I especially loved the Daryl Hall vid - thank you!

Lani - Loved the Albatross vid - YRK and WYL - thank you for the update and thank you Lady Hawk!  ;D    Re the tree that got brought down in Nashville with the two eaglets in it; - so wonderful how the parents continued taking care of them, especially since they were more vulnerable to predators.  I hope the company responsible will have to pay the $800,000 fine.
Good luck to Mike with his new Printer and I know you guys will get the scanning figured out.
Sadie will feel so good after her Spa appointment today! ;D

Phyl - Cute gif this morning!  You are welcome - your Maggie is really special!   Liked 'Nature' thank you.

Tsk - Thank you for the reminder of our Willi's heavenly birthday.

LisaG - Seems that Pepe likes hanging around your yard! ;) ::)

Clynn - Like the graphics this morning!      Love the pic of the huge Albatross - absolutely amazing the distance they can fly without landing - thank you for posting!      Love the rare Orchid - never seen anything like it - truly beautiful.      Love your remembrance for Willi  :-*

Happy Birthday in Heaven Willie - you are truly missed . . . .

karengramke

« Reply #10086 on: October 12, 2023, 09:28:00 AM »

Good Morning!   Great picture of Willi!  Happy Birthday to a missed lady!
Rain today and for the next several days!  Back yard has a little flood! 
I am sure Piper is the tree frog culprit!
Good news on the Nashville eaglets!  Fine the folks who cut the tree down to the too limits of the law!
Happy Anniversary to Tom and Barb!
Bbl

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10087 on: October 12, 2023, 09:59:16 AM »

Dearest Willie...

You are very much missed, everyday.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10088 on: October 12, 2023, 10:59:36 AM »

Happy Heavenly birthday Willi!  :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

« Reply #10089 on: October 12, 2023, 11:38:24 AM »

And look what just popped up in FB on willi's birthday!

Wild Heart Ranch - “I’ll just wait here and snag it off the grill before it cooks..”

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10090 on: October 12, 2023, 11:47:12 AM »

Bearstudy October 2, 2023
Mama Donna with Greg and Mr Marlys  ;D
Donna looks ready to call it a year, but her cubs won’t let her yet. That’s the situation we commonly see this time of year.
Mom RC and her yearling River was seen.... soon bear hunting season will be over.

Morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Hi Tig, Karen, Puff, Baz  :)

Eagles, I hope you're doing well after your flu shot...  Sadie did well without Dewey near her. She was smiling and very happy after her bath. Her coat is shiny and no shedding.... During our morning walk, she pranced on her tippy toes like she knew she looked beautiful!  ;D

Clynn, Nice pic of the Albatross, and yes, it can go many days without landing. They can sleep for a few moments at a time on the air currents and thermals, to soar long distances without exhausting themselves or expending much energy... beautiful rare orchid.... love Willi and Ivy's pic  :-*

Tsk, I hope the company is fined the $800,000 too!

Lisa, Pepe  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #10091 on: October 12, 2023, 12:12:37 PM »

Lani - LOL, love the pic of the bears at the picnic table. Pepe'  ::)

clynn - I can just hear willi now, commenting on your post!   ;D ;D ;D Love the pic of willi, and also very cool about the orchid.  Wow, the albatross is really big!

karen - I was wondering if you were getting all that rain.  Mama got got it yesterday. 

E4E - Hope you did ok with your flu shot. 

I got a pic this morning of my smiling Sydney! 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10092 on: October 12, 2023, 01:05:22 PM »

LISA    I'm sure glad Misty and Bandit were on the inside of that door  LOL    That photo of Sydney actually made me laugh.  She is good for the soul  :-* :-*

CLYNN  I'm a tactile person.  Love to hold a book and touch my puzzle pieces  LOL  That pic of the albatross close up really gives you the perspective on it size - Amazing as well as all the stats.  Seems impossible.  " Rime of the Ancient Mariner" ( Coleridge)  I had to Google cuz I remember reading that poem in school about  " Water water everywhere nor any drop to drink"  Mariner had to wear the dead albatross around his neck as punishment...Memory from the past

Isn't that orchid flower gorgeous and eerie at the same time.?   That's my favorite pic of Willi.  Have you heard from her husband lately?    LOL  Turkey vulture looking for a handout  ;D

LANI  Can't wait for bear hunting season to be over.

Chicagoland

T40cfr403

« Reply #10093 on: October 12, 2023, 01:14:25 PM »

Welcome back, BL, and thanks for bringing Knopfler with you.
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

kbshcb

« Reply #10094 on: October 12, 2023, 01:58:00 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1712206446740291708

Sorry, but it's time to cry for humanity!

and another one:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1712471677882474650

these are animals and humans, but still.