Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1031287 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10065 on: October 11, 2023, 06:06:37 PM »

some bounce
We have not been to this restaurant since 2005. Tonight, I had the s sauerbraten, spaetzle,  rote bete, dark bier. Chocolate cake. I was hoping for rouladen but they only have that on special days. We brought half of everything home... Camper's schnitzel was as big as the plate.
Time to cheer the Twins
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #10066 on: October 11, 2023, 06:13:38 PM »

Hello Beakers

Cool day here - hi of 60 - had some rain come in this afternoon - not nearly as much as forecasted - .13 in - not seeing any potential for more tonight at this time.

FL511.com is very good for traffic conditions.  There is no construction near the SWFL nest on that site.  Check out the site when you see the heavy traffic to maybe see why.

Lani - how did the unboxing go - looks like a very nice inkjet - Mike should love the 11x17 paper size for his drawings.

Ok...this one's funny | Husky Dog   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L59IRHqWfVM

Cats Go to the Beach for the First Time Ever! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKI8Mjped4A

Maru changes the beer box when he gets back from outside   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctD0KEcHbPo

Quarantine Kids play "Here Comes My Baby"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulq6y59tlIc
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10067 on: October 11, 2023, 06:42:25 PM »

PUFF   LOL  You ask me about last week?   I can hardly remember this morning!!  Seriously I think that 4" may have been a couple weeks ago.  I'm starting with a fresh gauge for tonight.  I emptied out only about 1/4" like you.

TIG  Octoberfest meal.  We also bring half the meal home. We are doing one Friday at lunch for Barb and Tom's 49th anniversary and they leave for Florida on Tues and will return in early Dec. for Xmas

T40  Thanks for the Fat Bear report so cleverly written and those great photos of first and second place winners  ;D

LANI    LOLOL  Despite the sour taste that little DKNY loves the kiwi  ;D

OLDGUY  Wow  all the hair off that husky with blow drying.  I'm not sure TT enjoyed the sandy beach
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10068 on: October 11, 2023, 07:36:21 PM »

CLynn sure enjoyed the WHR birthday salute to Dan. A very touching and heartfelt article from Annette. Dan looks like the  blessing she says  he truly is  to WHR and those working there and cared for there as well.
Awwww those black leopard kittens  from Tanganyika Wildlife Park . :-* :-* :-*

Tsk Gosh, thank you!.  All I ever knew of here is the nest at Dale Hallow Lake /Army Corps of  Engineers. We did do the boat trip down the river and viewed the nest that way. Been ages ago though.   As I was checking out  info in your post---  I read that article about the eaglets tree getting cut down in June 2023  :'(
 Early congrats to Barb and Tom's  on their 49th.

Puff  :)

Tig Thanks.   Your Oktober Fest dinner sounds great---savour the roast, dumplings and beets ( specifically root) are one of my faves

T40 Fat Bear Summary  :o, Tks.

Old Guy Q-Kids as always. Husky, such a good boy,  all silky and shiney fur a lot lost in the blow dry.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 07:48:39 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #10069 on: October 11, 2023, 07:45:58 PM »

A "Good Evening' and  SEDs  to Everyone !

Sauces bald eagle cam

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10070 on: October 11, 2023, 08:58:25 PM »

After early shower, we had a beautiful day of low 70s

Clynn - I saw you mentioned the electric carts to Karen - I was over at my Mom's for a while today, and she was saying how the local Walmart used to have two electric carts, but now only have one, as the other is broken.  So she & my sister try to go early to try and get the cart!
       Happy Birthday to Dan at Wild Heart Ranch!   I do hope that Harley will welcome a new kitten. (fingers crossed)!

Lani - Cute gif today!   Awesome for the new 'Brothers' printer you guys purchased!!  It should work out very well for Mike!   So cute, that Milo just has food on his mind! :)

Phyl - Maggie sounds like she is stronger than what you think! :)   I do wish your pretty Maggie all the best and so far she is really hangin' in there! :-*

Tsk - Puzzles!  I already bought a couple of 500 pc puzzles to do this winter!   Last winter we did a couple of 1000 pc, but we actually don't have one of those right now!

Puff - Good luck with your feathered friends! ;D

Tig - Enjoy your dinner tonight!  Just read what you said about the restaurant - sounds great!

LisaG - How are your kittys doing and has Pepe been around in the last couple of days?

Oldguy - Great to see you and hope you have a good evening.

Tsk - Good you are starting with a fresh gauge tonight!  Sounds like fun for the Octoberfest meal and that Tom & Barb's wedding anniversary of 49 years is coming up!

Beakers have a good night  :)

karengramke

« Reply #10071 on: October 11, 2023, 09:08:50 PM »

I have not added days to the hha schedule.  Was short 2 days last week as the hhas mother had a stroke!   Did
not like the gal today so may be rethinking what I am doing.
Tsk, have had the cpap machine for 🥲5 years!  Md was puzzled by the resukts he saw on the machine today and said it showed I had severe sleep apnea!  He thinks this is wrong and has booked me back in December to see what the new machine reads. Interesting and he kept asking me questions and finally said it was not me but equipment.   In the meantime I have the old thing and will check out the new one before the week is over!  Shot in my back tomorrow!   Sure am going thru an active social season with Doctors! 
Got new batteries for the car fobs today!  Free!  Got a new battery for the garage door opener yesterday!  Took Piper for a ride today to pick up a script!  She said it was fun watching the cars, trucks and people but no treats at the drive up.
Next week, the retinalogist and foot doctor!  What a combo!
Clynn, exciting about a new kitty!
Great Fall pictures this am!  We are to have rain for days but what fell today was nothing!
Found a dead tree frog in the living room today!  Buriel outside the patio. I wonder if Piper is bringing them in!   Hmmm.
Had some more on my mind this morning and have forgotten it!   Oh, the black leopard babies are beautiful!
Tig, I love sauerbraten and had a great recipe for it from Betty Crocker!   It was easy and quite good!
Seds
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 09:22:25 PM by karengramke »

BrokenLug

« Reply #10072 on: October 12, 2023, 12:20:58 AM »

« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 12:44:06 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10073 on: October 12, 2023, 12:51:24 AM »

Royal Albatross news! I think you all remember YRK is the mom to Lilibet. Her mate disappeared and she had to feed Lilibet alone, thankful for the extra feedings by the rangers.

Royal Albatross ~ New Arrivals Update 💗 YRK Is Home! WYL Is Back Skycalling & Waiting 💗 10.10.23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE0SOXS0cn4

Oct 11, 2023
The new season arrivals are coming in every day! We have 40 individual albatross seen and some pairs are finding one another again. YRK (yellow red black) has been seen which is great news! If you recall, YRK is the mate to OGK and parents of RLK, Atawhai & Lilibet. Paddles are crossed that OGK will return and be reunited her with again after he went missing during Lilibet's season. ♥ Also in is RBL (red blue lime) male and WYL the male who is coupled up with BOK last season and she laid her first egg. First time breeders are not always successful so let's hope that BOK returns and they try again this year!

The coverage begins with WYL in with some beautiful and loud skycalls! Another returnee flies in - I can't be sure on the bands but it could be WKW (white black white) the widowed female who was looking for love last season. Let's hope she finds it this year! Enjoy some of the beautiful scenery  and a couple other albies coming in! Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

Tig, A fun and delicious Octoberfest dinner! Sorry about the game.

Baz, cute Weds posts  ;D

Clynn, lovely post by WHR.... cute little black Leopard cubs. They're look like mini-wolf men.  ;D

Tsk, sad about the two eaglets, but here's an great update on them dated July 31, 2023. https://www.newschannel5.com/news/fallen-american-bald-eaglets-defy-odds-and-survive
....  interesting sleepy time music choice   ;D .. Congratulations to Barb & Tim 49 years!   ;D

T40, I knew it was the year of the Women at Brooks Falls.... and I also think Grazer is with babies.  ;D  I bet she'll have 2 cubbies in 2024.

Oldguy, The unboxing went very well... He likes it very much, he's like a kid with a new toy. Though, He's having a bit of trouble with scanning, but will try again tomorrow... Sadie needed deshedding done during her spa appointment today. It was fun watching the Husky's bath time! ... I don't know about TT at the beach... Thanks for videos...

Eagles, I hope Walmart can get that 2nd cart repaired. I think they have 4 electric carts at our Walmart. I'm always watching out for them when I turn the corners.  ;D

Karen, You are having an active social season with the medical profession and hha.....Mike Dr gives him a prescription for a new cpap machine ever 3rd year. He just got a new one last year. Good luck with the new machine... hmmm, looks like Piper's bringing in Tree frogs. Isn't this the 2nd one? ... Sleep well after your busy day.

BL, thanks for music to close down the night
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 12:53:32 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10074 on: October 12, 2023, 01:01:54 AM »

Goodnight!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim,Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #10075 on: October 12, 2023, 01:39:01 AM »

U. S. A.

Phyl

« Reply #10076 on: October 12, 2023, 06:28:30 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...   

Currently  55F  High  74F sunny,  Low 52 F  clear

E4E  enjoyed your 'good night' picture . Thank you for you comments for Maggie. You're a sweat heart.

Karen I was hoping the new HHA would work out for you. Maybe Doc is correct that it's not you--but the machine. Perhaps the new one will work out

BL you're back. Never listened to much Led Zep , but did enjoy this rendition, 'Going to California'.   Thanks for the tunes

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.
All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 06:36:29 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #10077 on: October 12, 2023, 06:30:11 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Save the date! The Decorah and Decorah North Eagles will return on October 14th!

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/10/10/save-the-date-the-decorah-and-decorah-north-eagles-will-return-on-october-14th/

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #10079 on: October 12, 2023, 07:04:29 AM »

Exactly where and when to see the 'ring of fire' solar eclipse this weekend

https://www.livescience.com/space/the-sun/exactly-where-and-when-to-see-the-ring-of-fire-solar-eclipse-this-weekend

And...

Where to buy solar eclipse glasses before the Oct. 14 'ring of fire' eclipse

It's not too late to buy safe, high-quality eclipse glasses before the Oct. 14 annular solar eclipse in North America.
Just make sure you're buying from an approved vendor.

https://www.livescience.com/space/the-sun/where-to-buy-solar-eclipse-glasses-before-the-oct-14-ring-of-fire-eclipse?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&lrh=85d7c3d5cd473d225368af62a6ed9988991e13ae1f632526d69b30725b7979c7&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=6770DB0A-02F5-4C4D-8694-4D2D8CDCDE95&utm_source=SmartBrief

Sauces bald eagle cam