Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470669 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7710 on: August 03, 2023, 10:22:52 AM »

E4E - I used one a long time ago for a short while, when I first found out I had diabetes.

karen and all - I was told to come to hospital, and then not to come.... to wait.  And, I was like, ummm, ok.  Why wait?  Was told that they only allowed two visitors, and he is not a visitors, since he is the father.  Her mother is there, and not sure who else, but I am kinda sad cause I wanted to experience this with Bradley as this is my first grandchild.  Oh, well.  At this point, I hope the baby is healthy when delivered, but I can't be excited as Bradley and I had words this morning.  If her mother was any kind of person, she could have said....Brad doesn't you mom want to be here too, I can step out for a while and let her have a turn.  I know I would do that if the roles were reversed.  He said, I could come between 4 and 8pm.  There is no way I am heading that was in DC traffic to visit for an hour or 30 minutes, and I told him that.  He says, maybe I can come tomorrow or the next day.   ::)  We will see.  At this point...I am a lil mad.

{{{Oh Lisa, lots of hugs}}} I wish I was there next to you.  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #7711 on: August 03, 2023, 10:42:21 AM »

TRR Sloth Preschool Updates:  I love TRR rescue if we could afford it I would be there in a heartbeat! I wish I could help feed the babies.  ;D  :-*

Roo, 2F Sloth: She's doing great, is active, and has a good appetite.
Robin, 3F Sloth: We are happy he's using his legs more! Great appetite, as always. Remember, you can support him by donating to his CUDDLY campaign!
Gonzo, 2F Sloth: He's doing well, gaining weight, and has a good appetite.
Ken, 2F Sloth: He was found all by himself. We're keeping him monitored.

GRADUATION NOTICE:
Antonio, 2F Sloth: He's graduated and is now hanging out at the Sloth House!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 10:44:59 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7712 on: August 03, 2023, 11:01:00 AM »

Tsk- where is my brain?  YOu asked yesterday what the fabric was on the sofa. It's  velor/velvet from the late 1990s when it was recovered

Tig- glad your pests are delt with; you're a wise woman in comment to Lisa "find joy'.

E4E- luv the Peanuts;  it's been raining here alright-good thing Jim did some mowing yesterday

Hi Karen

KB - Twitter video, somebody wanted to play. Cute

Lani-tks for bear, puffin, albatross , etc. updates-photos. Good idea to roll back the sheets. Yes, Dad was wise. Tks
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 11:03:17 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #7713 on: August 03, 2023, 11:17:22 AM »

(((Lisa)))

Phyl

« Reply #7714 on: August 03, 2023, 11:49:05 AM »

{{{Lisa}}} ...

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #7715 on: August 03, 2023, 11:55:56 AM »

A few "missteps" being taken.  Sorry to hear of the situation Lisa.  At the proper time a conversation needs to be taken.  Meanwhile, just touching the baby's sweet little hand will make the world brighter.  :'(

All this talk about critter bites - I have to add a followup to the bites on my big toe at ATF.  Some don't even know of what I speak.  I  am claustrophbic; ergo I  hate shoes.  It's a phobia that worsens as you get older.  Anyway, while sitting under the trees by the hatchery entrance, wearing my croc sandals, where the toes can hang out I felt a bite or so (ended up being 4) which showed up later when I took sandals off in the room.  The toe had like maroon marks, and now began to swell.  Also had a lulu of an itch.  "WE"  all contributed hints, ice, antiseptics, wipes, whatever anyone thought would help.  After a thoroughly non-restful sleep, the toe was not going to go inside gyms or sandals.  Spent next day in my croc flipflops so give big toe big room.  Used "Bug Soother", ice, cold cans of soda, cool bottles of water, whatever... Toe is still a wee bit swollen and ugly, the bites still show color - a color not exactly compatible with the sparkly purple pedicure.

Also, my Belize saga and a few more comments.  Speaking of bugs - you can opt in for a midnight discovery of native critters.  Pitch dark when in the forest areas, they provide a large flashlight and give proper directions on how to carry and aim.  (Hold it up next to eye and ear.  Problems with that is that does draw flying things to that same location, some of them smack into your face.)  No screaming was allowed.  Other info and directions I found interesting and new - If you steady the light and aim into a dark brush/bush you can see the eyes of a spider up to even 50 feet away.  I'm talking a little bitty eye.

What else I did - snorkle (due to claustro they gave me a board so I could stop, drop the mask, breathe deeply, relax, repeat).  Actually we were in a reef where we caught (stabbed) fish, returned them to shore to cook for dinner.  Airport to get from Belize City to island, Placencia, were 5 psgr plane and landed next to a dirt road, main street of island. Just strolling down paths and looking and discovering,  without actually getting lost was a lark.  Scooters also given freely for use.

Originally called British Honduras, it is still British.  Air not too bad; from Chicago $300-400.  I won't chance the island flight price guess.

It was an unforgettable adventure.

P

Lani

« Reply #7716 on: August 03, 2023, 12:09:46 PM »

{{{Puff}}} :-*

Phyl

« Reply #7717 on: August 03, 2023, 12:58:30 PM »

A few "missteps" being taken.  Sorry to hear of the situation Lisa.  At the proper time a conversation needs to be taken.  Meanwhile, just touching the baby's sweet little hand will make the world brighter.  :'(
P

:-*

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7718 on: August 03, 2023, 01:33:06 PM »

KB   That dog was hysterical.  ;D

LISA   At least you got a call!!! :-*  That pen seems simple enough.   Thanks - just in case Tim's doc has had enough of Tim's " Oh I'll do better next time"  He also should be seeing an endocrinologist instead of a GP.  Says he won't do it.(((.LISA)))   It's so different being the Dad's parents.

TIG  I've never pitched a pallet - Use in unfinished basement to keep stuff off the floor - "just in case".  Glad the hornet nest is taken care of.

LANI  Interesting that Holly has lost weight and Tasha not gained a significant amt.  Cute pic of Lucky  :)   Sharon does a good report.  Liked the Lucky /Tasha experiment.  Agree, the decreasing amt of light during the day is beginning to be noticeable.  Don't know if I could ever get used to spiders.. :o  Great puffin shot.

PUFF   You have had some amazing experiences  :o  Glad the toe continues in recovery mode. ;D
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7719 on: August 03, 2023, 01:45:59 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

(((LISA)))
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #7720 on: August 03, 2023, 01:46:41 PM »

So, the actual endorsement coverage ( add on to a homeowner's policy) is Hartford Insurance....Never knew that...the Koski opinion still applies.....but, this is why it's taking so long.

I gotta pay outa pocket and hope they pay me back......not cool.

Sorry all esp. Lisa.....been particularly busy and with complicated stuff that is not good...

This country needs to get better....

LisaG1967

« Reply #7721 on: August 03, 2023, 03:10:01 PM »

Thank you all for the ((( )))

Last I heard from Bradley was at 9:57am this morning, and nothing till just a lil bit ago at 2:15pm, saying she was 7cm dilated.

I forgot to tell you all.....I got the car back yesterday afternoon!  The AC is nice and cool!

kb - I hope you get paid back.

tsk - My mama always says, see an endocrinologist for your diabetes.  Yes, at least I got the call, but it still would have been nice to be there and share this special moment with Bradley.

Puff - Oh that bite from ATF is still being a nuisance.  :-\

Lani - Thanks for the TRR and puffin updates. 

kbshcb

« Reply #7722 on: August 03, 2023, 04:03:17 PM »

Hartford Ins. just called and approved 2,000, of the 5,500 estimate....the policy they changed it to in 2020, which you know I didn't know about.
State Farm is supposed to reimburse me. I may have to ask for some premium discount for the reduction in coverage, no?

Blaylock plumbing will call Monday to schedule repair next week.

At least this part is finished.....wish I could charge for my services!.....took so far a month.

Glad I didn't have a fire or a tornado totally destroy my house....that would seemingly take a year.....

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7723 on: August 03, 2023, 04:26:47 PM »

Lisa, I didn't go to the hospital until after Bella was born, her Mom was there when she first got to the hospital.  Erin sent us a text with a picture of her and we headed on over. So get \ over there as soon as you get the word!!!  ;D Some women are in labor for HOURS!

baz,

tsk, yes, it is definitely different begin the Dad's parents! That is why I wanted the kids once a week...so I could see them more often.  :)

Lani, Willie and Millie are such a cute couple! Tasha looks good! And WOW, didn't realize there were so many 'nests' so close together, that is quite an Albatross clan!

I cracked up when I saw this!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #7724 on: August 03, 2023, 05:22:55 PM »

😭   🪬Hi  Baz!

Lisa, I agree with Clynn!  Rush hour will soon be over!