Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471209 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7050 on: July 15, 2023, 06:33:50 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Last Day of the 2023 Decorah Eagles Chat
 July 13, 2023  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/07/13/last-day-of-the-2023-decorah-eagles-chat/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 06:35:29 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7051 on: July 15, 2023, 06:35:10 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  It's Caturday!

Lani, Milo's report so far sounds like conditions he can get meds for, thank goodness. Honey ate good this morning. I told Ed he has to keep fluffing her food up, she likes it piled up! Both cats were getting me up this morning at 5:00, and after she ate some, both of them were in the 'waiting for treats' position, and she ate her treats. Hopefully she can keep this up, at least until I get back. She is just so skinny, like Phyl says about Maggie, bones with a fur coat. The vet costs are really kind of outrageous, it was $726 when I took Honey in, that was for anesthesia, and x-ray and a tiny tube of meds. And of course the office visit and the exam and a couple of other things. Still, we pay, because they are family... Last I heard Gunner was holding his own, just not as active and having to go out a lot...  Love the Beecorns for Jeff & Lisa!

Phyl, yes, sometimes items become junk over the years and then you finally notice.  ;D  Ed's Mom had a once nice wicker set, a settee, a couple of chairs and little tables, but it sat in the garage for so long it just fell into the junk category but she still wouldn't throw it out. I think she just didn't want neighbors seeing junk in front of her house. Mom evidently has some stuff she had Becky get from the attic that she thought I might want.  I will take it home, and then I will do whatever I can with it... Beautiful Maine Coon family!  Bob!

Lisa, you have a fun trip to Decorah and at tsk's!  Jeff will survive... ;D  Oh no, poor Misty, I was wondering if that would happen. Ed will eat stupid stuff while I am gone...

Lori, yummy cupcakes for Jeff & Lisa!

SF Bay Ospreys - The SS Red Oak Victory is looking ghostly in the dense fog this evening. Rosie and Richmond's Osprey nest is on the lower right.
Richmond was at the nest for ten minutes early this morning, and either Rosie or Richmond chased off a floater briefly this afternoon. They've been a bit scarce the past couple of days.

Gotta go finish packing up! See y'all later!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7052 on: July 15, 2023, 06:51:29 AM »

Lisa  Oh-oh! Poor Misty. Jeff won't get any sleep with her Cattawolling.  Jim can  cook most anything just give him a kitchen

CLynn LOL cat hiding behind table leg;   Maggie likes her chow pushed  up against the side of her dish once she's
started eating---she'll stop  until it all gets push back up and etc.

" Be safe ! See you gals later..."

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 06:32:57 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7053 on: July 15, 2023, 07:56:27 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

71 heading to  85  dew point  69  :P   Partly sunny

KB  I make Tim take his phone in the store  - esp Costco - so I can call him  LOLOL

EAGLES  Liked your good night pic  :)   Tim LOVES to go to the grocery store by himself LOL

LANI   Awww  Sure hope the shot helps Milo.  Yes - nothing is cheap at the vet... :o

PHYL   Beauty of a cat family this AM

CLYNN     "Master of stealth"   LOLOL   Lulu is the same way  LOL  She likes the food fluffed and piled in the middle after she squishes it down.
Safe travels today.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #7054 on: July 15, 2023, 08:27:27 AM »

Just returned from a smokey walk with Ollie.

The best I could get of a pic while Ollie and another dog were barking at each other!...other dog behind a fence going bonkers.

Clynn - this was before Scott and I carried phones....?...geesh must have been awhile ago, esp cause they had microphones at the cash register...

Morning all from weird looking Twin Cities.

weasel65

« Reply #7055 on: July 15, 2023, 08:43:43 AM »

One of my cats, Venus, was having difficulty getting in her cat tree, on the bed and other places where she likes to perch.  After a visit to the vet, I found out that she has arthritis in her spine close to her tail. The vet was every excited to tell me about a new drug which was designed specifically for cats.  It was FDA approved in early 2022.  Venus got her first shot, and it has been amazing to see the 14 year old kitty moving about as if she was years younger.  She can get the injection every 30 days, but I only take her in when it is noticeably time.  Usually about 6-8 weeks. I just have to make a vet tech appointment  and not pay for the regular office visit.    I understand they now have approved one for dogs too. The FDA link is below. It’s been a game changer for Venus.  Gentle head scratches for Milo.  BTW, it’s about $90 per injection.

Happy Saturday everyone.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-novel-treatment-control-pain-cats-osteoarthritis-first-monoclonal-antibody-drug-use-any

kbshcb

« Reply #7056 on: July 15, 2023, 08:57:05 AM »

weasel - that sounds very promising....and also for dogs...thanks.

BrokenLug

« Reply #7057 on: July 15, 2023, 09:53:27 AM »

BL - How is the weather going to be for my drive Sunday?

LisaG I didn't forget about your weather question.
I was just waiting to get closer to your 'takeoff' time to give you a more accurate idea of possible weather.
All possible disclaimers are to be applied to my weather prognostication .. BL and all affiliates are not liable for pop-up Nasty weather.  ;) :)   

Lisa what time are you planning on departing tomorrow ?
I know you're an early riser.
Is this your general intended route: https://goo.gl/maps/R5Yxdw9EmWwBYTsV7  ? Zoom in one click and you'll see the route.
This Google route is set to depart @ 7 AM on 07/16/23.
Are you driving straight through from Home to Chicago/tsks ?

The NWS use to have a great 'app' with detailed hourly "weather along a route" but it's been discontinued.  ::)

Very general weather for your trip:
Showers possible in your area the AM.
Rain (possibly heavy) appears to be your primary car travel challenge as you near OH,IN & IL in the afternoon/evening.
It does not appear at this time that Severe weather will be an issue.

Caveat: It is the heart and heat of summer and you're road traveling into the Midwest near the great lakes so weather can be very different from mile to mile and minute to minute.

With MANY road trip miles under my belt at this time of year I've learned a few things:
1) Always have a plan B. ie alternate route, place to spend the night etc.
2) Don't get what pilots call "I've got to get-there-itis".
3) If your tired or the road conditions are getting too sketchy stop for the night.
   Even if you have to sleep in your vehicle for a few hours/overnight at a rest stop/truck stop.
   Getting to point B in one piece is the ultimate goal. There is no such thing as being late on a long road trip.  8)
4) Turn around don't drown.

Have a safe trip, keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down.   ;D
BL
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #7058 on: July 15, 2023, 10:51:44 AM »

Lol, bl!  Good road/weather report for Lisa!   Makes me want to stay home!   Lisa, i moght add a cooler in the car,water and snacks!   You probably have these already!

Seather here is, same, same!  A college boyfriend , now dedeased, always said humidity was good for tge skin.  Always said, look at the English!   He may have been right but soaking up tanning rays sure was not helpful!

Weasel, thanks. For the .fDA report!  That is good news.    Vets are expensive but so are human doctors!  I think vets have to be better diagnostians as their patients cannot tell them what is hurting or tge like!  If you have a younger pet, pet insurance might be a good deal! 
Safe travels to C,ynn and Kelsey today!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7059 on: July 15, 2023, 10:52:01 AM »

KB   Hazy AM for you.  You can tell it is really hazy when you can look straight at the sun.

WEASEL    I do believe that is what my SIL Barb's cat is now getting.  She is 18 1/2 and it has made a world of difference in her mobility!!!  Barb takes her 1x/mo

BL   Good advice for LISA   ;D
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7060 on: July 15, 2023, 11:58:21 AM »

bounce
We are having breakfast at Perl's above turns 7, 8 right now. Lol
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7061 on: July 15, 2023, 12:01:14 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All

Hi Tig  :)

Tsk, it's good to know others are using Solensia for their cats. I had never heard of it before.  Vet suggested Gabapentin too. My old dog Bandit had that his last year. I didn't like some of the side effects. So I went with the Solensia.

BL, good suggestions for Lisa.  :)

Weasel, Solensia was the injection Milo received, cost the same. The injection was the cheapest item.. LOL. Thank you for posting the info. Vet didn't go into detail about it. I'll make sure when it's time for another shot, I will ask for a Tech Vet and not an office visit. Milo is doing much better today.... head scratches and hugs for Venus  ;D

Kb, I recognize that red ringed sun, I haven't seen it for a couple of years. Thank you God! So far no close fires.... Sorry, it is smoky again.

Clynn, so far the xray showed no serious breaks, which was my worry because he's always climbing or jumping to high areas of the house and then jumping to the floor.  I'm waiting for blood results. He is not limping as bad or licking himself as much as he did prior to the shot. So, I'm relieved so far... I eat stupid stuff when Mike is gone and since Aly moved.  ;D.   "Master of stealth"  ;D .... we'll miss you, safe travels and have a fun time with your mom.

Lisa, oh no, poor Bandit and Misty. I just read this period can last 14 to 21 days.  :-\

Phyl, cute Caturday family
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #7062 on: July 15, 2023, 12:07:07 PM »

Lisa and Jeff

Sorry I am a day late - got busy last night and fell asleep at the computer before I got caught up with the forum.. :-[
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

oldguy

« Reply #7063 on: July 15, 2023, 12:12:13 PM »

A quick happy Caturday to all - car appointment for the A/C before cards tonight.

5 Beer Boxes and Cats   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmk_QPJriyg
Maru finally got angry at Japanese macaques   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7NTi02kSpw

🐈 Without a cat, you can't figure it out! 🐕 Funny videos with cats and kittens for a good mood! 🐱   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkNHgtMnhMs

Lynx Mama Brings Her 7 Kittens To Revisit Man's Yard on Snowy Day...   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uhJNAUC6-I

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #7064 on: July 15, 2023, 12:15:27 PM »

clynn - Are you leaving today, or tomorrow? Have a safe trip!  Ed will eat stupid stuff  ;D ;D
Wow, that is some fog in SF.

Phyl - No, he Jeff is not getting any sleep with Misty.  He just said to me, thank god I took vacation days while you are away. 

tsk - Lulu is just gorgeous.  I can't wait to see her in person.

kb - Oh no, another smoky day?

weasel - Thank for that info!

BrokenLug - Thanks for not forgetting me  :)  Yes, that is my route to tsk's, and I am leaving no later than 5 am from my home.  I am glad to hear no severe weather, too!

karen - I have my cooler all packed, just need to put the ice in tomorrow morning, and have my snacks ready too.  Although, I am more of a coffee drinker on the road to help me stay perked up.  :D

tig - Hope you enjoyed your breakfast.

Lani - Oh no..... 14 to 21 days!  :o  I'm not telling Jeff that!

oldguy - Thank you  :-*  Good luck with cards tonight!