Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 574689 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7066 on: July 15, 2023, 01:34:46 PM »

Good morning / afternoon Beakers & happy caturday!

Beautiful & sunny - high of 75

Lani - I didn't know Milo has an issue and you took him to the Vet.  Hope the pain shot helps - poor Milo - wishing him comfort and all the best.

Clynn - Safe travels for you & Kelsey today!  Glad Honey is still eating well  :)

LisaG - If you have a 'smart' phone and have your GPS ap on, it will notify you if there is a speed trap up ahead!

Tsk - Awe, such a cute pic of Lulu and such a perfect place for a nap! ;D   Hubby & I have our phones too, when we go into the store - especially Costco - so that we can call each other if needed!

Hi Puff  :)

Kb - Wow, that is a lot of smoke  :o   If not for the smoke it would be a beautiful picture.

Weasel - Great link with good info for all who may have pets that need the medication.

Hi Karen  :)

Tig - Sounds like a great spot to have breakfast! 8)

Oldguy - Have a fun evening @ cards tonight!!

LisaG - Safe travels for you bright & early in the morning.  Will it take you the whole day to get there, or do you spend the night somewhere?  Take care & be safe {{Lisa}}

My Mom and sis are coming over after a while, and we will be sitting out in the shade later in the back yard.  I need to get busy and put together some appetizers that I went and got at the store earlier this morning.  Going to be having an assortment of vegies, chips, tortilla chips, 2 different dips, salsa, fresh fruit, cheese & a package of sliced salami.

Beakers have a nice 'Caturday'  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7067 on: July 15, 2023, 01:42:54 PM »

Clynn and Kelsey are on their way to her mom's
She would like me to post the below for Lori, as Lori is having trouble with her computer.

from Lori
"Please pray for my grandma for her to be comfortable on her journey. She's doing really bad today
and it's probably time."

Dearest Lori, I'm so sorry.  :'(
We are with you in heart and spirit as your grandmother walks this journey with her loved ones
by her side. God bless
  🙏

http://www.lightingacandle.org/vigils/beak-room-group
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7068 on: July 15, 2023, 01:57:06 PM »

Some bounce
(((( Lori ))))
When we are at a breakfast included lodging I usually take a plastic bag (for ease because I'm using a cane) and I gather enough for each morning and store in the room fridge. Like for today, we slept in, so my yogurt and banana were ready when I was.
Gotta go. Camper needs a better angle.
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #7069 on: July 15, 2023, 02:57:54 PM »

T40 - Many thanks for the videos!

E4E - I did not know that about the speed trap notification.  I do have a GPS app on my phone. 
Enjoy your time with Mom and sis.  Food sounds yummy!

Lani - Thanks for the info on clynn.  When she said, she was still packing and see ya later, I thought she meant she was leaving tomorrow. 

((Lori)) - Sending you a big hug, and thinking of grandma!

tig - That is a great idea what you do about breakfast.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7070 on: July 15, 2023, 03:02:04 PM »

TIG   sounds like a good time  ;)

LANI   LOL  Cute AM pic red hatted cat  ;D   It is hard to cook for one...I'm terrible.  Dinner can be a DQ blizzard  LOLOL
 Thanks much for LORI's post..  We hold Grandma in our prayers.

KB   We have a bad air warning for tomorrow

OLDGUY   Wonder how she can let her cats outdoors when there are macaques in the area?

LISA  Lulu will be very shy with new people   ;) ;)

T40   How cute the cat and bunny.  Amazes me how any animal responds to the beat of music  ???   Have seen dead squirrel before but always watch it again.  So funny    The Most American Thing ever ..what can one say....

EAGLES   Sis must be doing well as she and Mom are coming over  ;D

Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #7071 on: July 15, 2023, 03:22:25 PM »

Lani, am anxious to hear how Milo does on the medicine!   Hoping he gets relief!
Clynn and Kelsey should be about an hour from her mothers house.  She said traffic was moving well on the freeway but they are now on “Country Roads”.

Lori, prayers for your grandmother that she is pain free and at peace!  Hugs to you.

Our High Humidity has again turned into a thunderstorm!   Yea!  Piper was glad to get out before it hit!   She is really a good girl and she is very sweet!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 03:54:37 PM by karengramke »

kbshcb

« Reply #7072 on: July 15, 2023, 03:48:04 PM »

Darwin, Mn....smokey still here as well.

Take care, Lori

LisaG1967

« Reply #7073 on: July 15, 2023, 03:59:35 PM »

tsk - I hope Lulu won't be scared of me. 

karen - Glad to hear that Piper is a good girl. 

kb - Beautiful pic, even with the smoke.

Lani - Hope everything turns our ok for Milo.

I am heading to the bedroom early.  I have Outlander taped and want to watch the latest episode from last night, and then I will go to sleep.  Hopefully, Ms Misty will not keep us up all night with the whining. 

Have a good night, everyone!

Will try to check in from my phone on the road.  :D

oldguy

« Reply #7074 on: July 15, 2023, 04:17:24 PM »

The smoke has rolled in here too...  AQI was at 36 at 9am - it was at 146 at 3pm ... only 6 hours
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #7075 on: July 15, 2023, 04:29:02 PM »

We've been above 160 all day....it sucks...yesterday too.

Wind is supposed to kick it out of here tomorrow....heading somewhere else for sure.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7076 on: July 15, 2023, 04:50:29 PM »

Dear Lori,
Hoping you and your  family  find comfort in knowing her Savior is at her bedside ready to accompany her on that journey over The Horizon.
And, God's loving Grace will fall gently upon you all , always.

Lots of love and prayers,
Phyllis

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #7077 on: July 15, 2023, 05:53:44 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

Tsk, Lulu really knows how to "Caturday."  ;)  Wonder if she will whiff out Lisa and discover the Bandit and Misty aromas.  ;)

Lori, prayers for your Grandma, and for you and your family. Hugs.

Clynn, hope you're having safe travels. Glad to hear Honey is eating well. Get Ed to let you Facetime her while you're gone? Have a fun visit.

Lisa, safe travels tomorrow and during your whole trip. Have fun visiting Tsk and meeting Lulu.

Puff, safe travels, and have fun.

Tig, got earplugs? Have fun, and safe travels on your return...  I SAID, SAFE TRAVELS!  ;) ;D

Weasel, glad to hear Venus is getting good results from that new med for cats' arthritis issues.

Lani, I'm sorry Milo is hurting. I hope he is better soon. Did he get an injection of the same med that weasel mentioned?

E4E, you're putting out a spread! Have a fun family visit.

Karen, that's great news that Piper is happy and doing so well. Y'all stay in the cool!  :)

Phyl, it's always nice to get the old stuff you don't want anymore out and gone.

Oldguy and KB, hope the air quality in your areas improves soon. Enjoy cards tonight, OG.

BL, hope you and Pip are having a fun and safe weekend. That "got-to-get-there-itis" has been the death of many, many pilots, including, most likely, JFK, Jr. Of course it doesn't only apply to pilots.  There have been a number of studies done on that psychological phenomenon.  I've read quite a lot about it. Everyone is prone, and needs to be disciplined in applying that knowledge to their own travels, though many people just don't get it. I lecture my Lil Sis on that topic regularly, since she travels so often, and keeps a hectic travel schedule. I had no trouble turning my plane around, or making a previously unplanned landing, to avoid trouble, or even just potential trouble. I wanted better odds to live another day. I don't pilot planes these days, but I also still apply the same principle to my other modes of travel.

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D  Thanks to All the Beakers who sent me well wishes. I am better today.  :)

Good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 06:02:56 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

« Reply #7078 on: July 15, 2023, 06:26:12 PM »

CLynn tks for the update on the   Rosie and Richmond's Osprey nest  goodness that  SS Red Oak Victory is ghostly in the dense fog .

Tsk  awww Lulu all pretty  on a teal color blanket.

KB hopefully the smokey skies will disapate very soon. Still awesome photo of  Darwin, MN

Lani So glad Milo is responding to Solensa---that's what Maggie' s vet Rx'd / Tx'd.

BL " shiny side up and rubber side down' good advice for any one.  ;)  Safe travels

Tig safe return home; I think I missed Camper's photos.

Hi Bazi
I see you're doing much better.  ;)   Yes! Lulu will smell Bandit's/Misty's scent. As animal scent can linger even after washing. When I'm greeting a dog/cat or any animal I always present the back of my opened hand first as those in 'the know' recommend  it as most non threatening and allows the animal to sniff you out first.
Go figure.

T40  many thanks for the Caturdays---gonna have watch them later. I'm sure the're a hoot.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 06:43:43 PM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #7079 on: July 15, 2023, 06:28:37 PM »

#IstandwithEvan