Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470782 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6540 on: June 29, 2023, 03:51:23 PM »

Help?  AQI = Air Quality ??

They're broadcasting on local news/weather that the Chicago area this morning - The worst reading of any major city today on the planet .  Has anyone else anywhere heard this iffy claim to fame?

P

Yes, indeed....Chicago and Minneapolis and 2 other's were reported to be the 4 worst on the planet..this was yesterday.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6541 on: June 29, 2023, 03:53:36 PM »

STL posted this a bit earlier about Jaycie.  So...she's still with us according to dedicated GSB cam/nest watchers

Not so fast!  Jaycie is still at GSB.  Pics from just a few minutes ago, and I'm pretty sure that she caught this bird herself.  Warbler watchers will know what kind.

:-* :-* :-*

Many thanks STL and Nora!  I found the other news hard to fathom.  Luv you folks.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 04:24:28 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #6542 on: June 29, 2023, 03:56:06 PM »

Puff - Cam Op spotted Jaycie on bluff ledge eating. 

karen - Glad to hear that Mickey did not have too much damage. 

Phyl

« Reply #6543 on: June 29, 2023, 03:59:21 PM »

Yup.  Jaycie is still with us.  Hard to believe because I watched the video and it sure looked like the owl snatched her.  So either she flew off just as it got there (seems unlikely to me) or it didn't have a good grip and she got away.  Mod GABear says the cam ops are sure that it was Jaycie on the box last night, so it wasn't that the owl got one of the others.  GOOD NEWS!

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #6544 on: June 29, 2023, 04:08:24 PM »

Thanks for all the notes on Jaycie from all!

Jaycie - You go girl. ;D

P

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6545 on: June 29, 2023, 04:12:20 PM »

WOOT!!!  I am over the moon about the good news that Jaycie managed to avoid the owl's attempt earlier this morning, and is confirmed by leg band on live cam to be alive, and apparently is eating and well at GSB this afternoon!!! YAYAYAY!!!!!  :-* :-*  I watched the live cam at GSB a little while ago for about an hour while it was searching the area around GSB, but I signed out before Jaycie was discovered alive and well this afternoon and her identity confirmed by leg band on live cam! YAYAY!!! And I also saw the good news that it was definitely Jaycie, and not a different sibling, who was on top of the nest box when the owl attempted to get her, but the owl was NOT successful!!  Sooo happy for this news!  :-* :-* :-*  I am going to go back and remove my earlier post today referencing the earlier thought about what might have happened to Jaycie earlier, that didn't happen.  ;) :D  So as not to confuse... Maybe anyone who quoted my earlier post on that subject can remove that quoted portion, too... to help eliminate confusion. Thanks!  So happy!!!  :) :-* :-*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 04:21:11 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #6546 on: June 29, 2023, 04:19:52 PM »

Karen, scary about that tornado near Mickey's home! Glad that Mickey didn't have any significant damage other than large tree limbs down in her yard. That's awful about her neighbor having a tree through their roof, and another losing a roof. Just awful. I hope no one was hurt. I wasn't clear from your post - is it Kathryn or Mickey who has pneumonia? Hope for a full and speedy recovery from that.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #6547 on: June 29, 2023, 04:42:10 PM »

Have a good evening, Beakers. Take care. Peace. SED.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6548 on: June 29, 2023, 06:13:11 PM »

PUFF  People would ask, when we owned in Door County,  would you ever retire here?  I said no. I need to be 5 minutes from my hospital  LOLOL   AQI  Air Quality Index.   That worst day for AQI was two days ago..  High 200's  Today at last look was 137

LISA  WOW  Great news - she escaped the owl.  Hope they all hide tonight.

KAREN  I'm so glad Mickey is OK and house is safe. Neighbors not so lucky.   Good that she is a support for Kathryn.  Hope Kathryn is OK.  Can't mess with pneumonia.

BAZI  And my "heart is grateful" for all my Beaker friends  :)

Major storms went south of us but surprisingly about 3:45 we got a 30 minute downpour and some thunder- 1" in the rain gauge YAY
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6549 on: June 29, 2023, 06:21:01 PM »

some bounce
Yay GSB ... Talons crossed
(( Lani ))
(( OldGuy )) werk  :-[
3.5 hrs. laundry, 1 hr. picking berries in 88 degrees. My knees have had ENUF today. Camper went out to get supper for us.
SED all
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #6550 on: June 29, 2023, 06:29:35 PM »

PUFF  People would ask, when we owned in Door County,  would you ever retire here?  I said no. I need to be 5 minutes from my hospital  LOLOL   AQI  Air Quality Index.   That worst day for AQI was two days ago..  High 200's  Today at last look was 137

LISA  WOW  Great news - she escaped the owl.  Hope they all hide tonight.

KAREN  I'm so glad Mickey is OK and house is safe. Neighbors not so lucky.   Good that she is a support for Kathryn.  Hope Kathryn is OK.  Can't mess with pneumonia.

BAZI  And my "heart is grateful" for all my Beaker friends  :)

Major storms went south of us but surprisingly about 3:45 we got a 30 minute downpour and some thunder- 1" in the rain gauge YAY

My points exactly, tsk.

Surprise rain for me.  While I was "indisposed" for the week, it must have rained around me.  I went outside to check damage and conditions today:  wind damage (not serious though), rain guage had just over an inch of measurement, rain but dried out plants.  Something happened when I wasn't looking? 

P

Phyl

« Reply #6551 on: June 29, 2023, 06:53:59 PM »

Love...

We had a dreadful thunderstorm this afternoon---almost sounded like a tornado was brewing up some trouble. 3" of rain that the earth gobbled up.

CLynn the Munchkins look great and so does Barbie  ;)   Cool 'Where's Waldo ' on Talon.  The PC issue is with my financial program---out of the blue a wierd window popped up and flashed so fast all I could make out was "The Lists..." with option to 'Okay' or 'Cancel'.. Whatever I was suppose to do couldn't be done and the window closed abruptly. Quicken wont open now; it tries, but doesn't. This bad. I need resolve it fast. Not sure if Geek Sqd will be able to do that. The other question is---"Do I uninstall and reinstall using my most recent back up?  Risk the time or let debits accru  and wait.  :-\

I had done a sys recovery to the 21st. But that changes the registry and normally it works. But, not  htis time and none of my programs will open much less shortcuts work. All that functioned was Email and Quicken.  So I restored  to 6-28 and I have my PC fworking as before sans the Quicken.    I not that brave to do much on my own and well who knows

Karen I hope you and Piper #2 have a fun filled life together. That little cutie will keep you a glow.  I',m relieved that Mickey is doing well/house is okay.    🙏 's  for Kathryn.

Tsk/OG My parents had 3 of those Premimum Saltine cracker tins---we each got one. Mine's empty as I don't eat them anymore---Triscuit is my fave.
I had an extremely active childhood and look like I was wearing battle camo.  ;D

Kb   verynice sunset Lake Harriet (south Minneapolis)

OG cute 7 Drawfs today

E4E Sauces and Two Harbors are my most fave nests/cams.  I love those nest families. I 'll always miss Dina from Sauces two seasons back.' Ho I  wonder, wonder how you are...'

Puff/Lisa I  too, had thought Jaycie was a gonner. But, posed the question to STL/Nora noting all the chit-chat going on . And so glad I did too. Thought I 'd share STL's reply  in a quote here.

Lani pretty Tasha;  🙏 's  for Aly and her situation---all her belongings and personals are insured either with insurer renter's or movers ?   🙏 's  for you & Mike also

{{{Tig}}}

{{{Puff}}}

Hope I'm all caught up--- :P

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6552 on: June 29, 2023, 07:00:20 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

#IstandwithEvan

weasel65

« Reply #6553 on: June 29, 2023, 07:03:45 PM »

Puff, I just read about your "adventure".  I am so glad you were able to get the help you need and that you didn't leave the party just yet.  Please take care of yourself.

Hi to all the Beakers. I haven't posted lately, but am trying to keep up with all the the things going on with everyone.

My husband and I went on a 2 week vacation to Maine, Rhode Island and a bit of Massachusetts.  We flew to Boston and headed down to Providence for a few nights.  Lodging was scarce and a bid sketchy due to Taylor Swift being in town, but we made do.  We visited two of the mansions in Newport - The Breakers and The Elms.  I have nothing to say but WOW.  Just amazing.  We spend the next day in Providence and waked the campus of Brown University, visited the Rhode Island School of Design. 

From Providence we went to Salem.  That was a lot of fun.  It's a different story now than what I recall learning in grade school.  After a couple of days in Salem we drove to Rockland Maine.  Yes, that Rockland where the Puffin Project store is located.  It was so good to learn about the man that started the work in re-establishing the Puffin colonies.  The Bob Anderson of Puffins.  Later that afternoon we boarded a 150+ year old schooner, The Stephen Taber, and spent 4 nights sailing around Penobscot Bay.  It was wonderful.  The people, the scenery, the wildlife (a couple of bald eagles and quite a few curious seals, but no puffins) and the food was amazing.  https://www.stephentaber.com/.  It was a great adventure.  One  night we even anchored near the oldest continuously used Osprey next.  It is huge.

After sailing we headed up to Bar Harbor.  Visited Acadia National Park and enjoyed the town during the first week of the tourist season.  On our way back to Boston, we visited a few other cities and towns.  Did a little shopping at the LL Bean outlet store.  It was a great 2 weeks of and we thoroughly enjoyed exploring the northeast coast.

Thank you everyone for your posts.  I really enjoy keeping up with everyones adventures.

Be safe, be calm, be well
Weasel

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6554 on: June 29, 2023, 07:21:36 PM »

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)