Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 730004 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6510 on: June 29, 2023, 01:10:30 AM »

Phyl, thanks for nest updates.... the time-lapse image captures 100 lightning bolts was amazing! I would be hiding under my bed.

Kb, darling baby kangaroo

Clynn, sweet morning pics.... darling osprey chicks, I need to post pics of Dunrovin Harriet's sweet 3 babies tomorrow.... sweetest pic of Bandit and Misty!

Lisa, what a darling pic of Bandit and Misty that Clynn posted. Love Bandit's ears a sign of confused emotion. He likes it, but doesn't want to ;D ... oh my Miss Daisy must be a hand full! LOL! Enjoying Jaspurr's updates!  ;D

{{{Tsk}}} I'm so glad for you that you like the pt gal and had a great appt! many good blessings ahead for you  :-*

{{{Karen}}} I with you about the movers. I was worried the moment they were leaving our driveway with Aly's things and had a sick feeling she may never see her things again. That whole episode with the movers 4 weeks ago when they were packing Aly's things was awful. I can't describe to you how upset I was over the exchange between my almost 80 year old husband and the young 20+year old manager. When he threatened to throw Aly's things out on the driveway I wish we told him to leave it all and go... I use neem oil more often this summer than last and i think I'm ahead of the aphids/white flies this year!

Oldguy, thanks for pm I sent links to Mike too. He's going to talk to Aly tomorrow.... Claire is such a good mama... enjoyed the fiddle music ;D

Baz, thank you for sharing about Alice. I wondered too, I had gone back through the chat roll, but couldn't find any one posting about Alice. Only hints here and there. I'm heartsick to think she suffered that night I had watched her with her sibling on the nest roof.  :'( I was happy for GSB family that 4 survived without their mom, Newman did a fantastic job!   I try to check things out before I ask too, so I appreciate your follow up...

Eagles, I miss Horst too, he shared his love for his grandson, family, knowledge and friendship unconditionally a very nice gentle man.  :)

Hi Eburg!  :)

BL, YIKES!

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Misty and her kittens, Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #6511 on: June 29, 2023, 01:14:16 AM »

natures balance is what it is
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6512 on: June 29, 2023, 06:13:13 AM »

Good Morning ...

Currently   F  and  High 94F  hot and sunny, Low 74F  clear.

A wild day here with the PC either reinstall etc. or call Geek Squad.   It's long from over---if it's not one it's the other!  ::) 

Tig sorry about the rain---you and KB sure need it.

{{{Puff}}} Gosh! You're not here everyday so had no clue about you stint in hospt.  The beauty of a cell phone---whenever I'm outside or in the car running errands. That cell phone is either in pocket or purse. Smart to have the phone w/you.  Your symptons are  truly scary at the least--- Glad you home and doing well. Do take care and easy does it.

Lisa I saw the same video of the skirmish Alice had---so very sad. RIP Alice. The GSB thread has STL and Nora posting great snaps of everything. Those
two are fantastic and a wealth of info.

Lori especially nice tribute to Eagle Duck

Y'all    Lots of really nice memoirs of 'Eagle Duck'. A  true gentleman.

Lani I truly hope Aly can get some response and anwsers. This is ridiculous

Karen you adopted a puppy? It's so cute.

Tsk glad you like your PT gal

CLynn how was your day w/ Bella?

Had more than my share of this painted on my knees, legs and arms

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #6513 on: June 29, 2023, 06:18:25 AM »

A quick look in on Sauces Bald Eagle nest.
From MpMom

814pm cst 6-28-2023
Sauces nest,Channel Islands, California.   Jak and Audacity.  :-*

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #6514 on: June 29, 2023, 06:21:10 AM »

A check of the Two Harbors nest...

From MpMom:

Two Harbors Nest
11:28CST 6-28-23
Anthony-a very handsome eagle.

12:48pm CST

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #6515 on: June 29, 2023, 06:22:07 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

June 28, 2023: Eaglet Care After Fledge
 June 28, 2023  RaptorResource
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/06/28/june-28-2023-eaglet-care-after-fledge/
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 06:23:44 AM by Phyl »

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #6516 on: June 29, 2023, 06:23:23 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Decorah Eagle DH2 update: Another branch closer to fledge!
 June 28, 2023  RaptorResource
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/06/28/dh2-update/

#Istandwith Evan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6517 on: June 29, 2023, 06:47:46 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, sorry Aly has to go through this, not easy when you have moved away from home, started a new job in a new place... at least she has Dewey for comfort.  And Mike will help her sort this out. Owls need to be sleeping in the daytime, falcons, ospreys and eagles need be sleeping at night, and never the twain should meet. I wish that was the way it was.

BL, Half Moon Pond looks like a very pretty and peaceful place to be...

Almost forgot pictures of the Munchkins! Yesterday was a kind of 'not do much' day! Bella worked on the Barbies hair again, and both of them worked their summer workbook assignments. It was hot, humid and hazy and a few raindrops here and there.

Phyl, I hate having computer problems... hope you get your problems solved!  What did we do before cell phones? I wonder how many lives have been saved because of them. And how many lives lost when texting became available...  I remember mercurochrome and merthiolate,  Mom would put merthiolate on our scraped knees and man, it stung! Sad about Alice...  :'(  I fear for the others, dang owls. Thanks for Amy's Blogs!

Lori, love the birthday card for ED/Horst. And how are you and Destini doing these days? How is your Mom and your Dad, and your Grandma and your brother? I guess I must be nosey!  ;D

Puff, OMG, I hope you are feeling better each day and will soon be back to yourself!

karen, you and Piper are going to be so good for each other!  Looking forward to more pics and stories!

baz, love 'Embrace the Day'!

Black Eagle Project Roodekrans - Mother and Chick still doing fine while Dad provides the  meals. This photo of Mother and Chick taken this morning by Buster Shipster.

Wild Heart Ranch - A young fledgling Green Heron

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6518 on: June 29, 2023, 07:13:53 AM »

Good Morning

70 heading to 87  AQI 159  Mostly cloudy.

KAREN   YOU ADOPTED PIPER  Wow what a surprise and secret you were keeping.  She's a cutie.  Now to house train.  How old is she?  do you know any backround?

LANI  Share your uneasy feeling about Aly's furniture.... :'(

CLYNN  How many Barbies does Bella have  LOL?

PHYL  Do remember that cracker can.  We used to call them "soda crackers" for some reason  ???  Mercurachrome - a staple in our home as well.  ::)      Sorry about the PC issues - I'm grateful every day I don't have any..  DH2  Some nice hovering in 2nd video
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6519 on: June 29, 2023, 07:15:02 AM »

Lake Harriet (south Minneapolis) last night....just a few miles north of me.....

I got 4 minutes of rain/sprinkles last night!....woot, woot....sarcasm, LOL

Morning all.

Take care Puff glad you are safely home.

oldguy

« Reply #6520 on: June 29, 2023, 08:32:33 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Phyl - I still use that cracker can - it keeps the crackers from going stale...

AQI this morning is back up to purple at 240 - ugg

off to work I go

« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 08:34:58 AM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6521 on: June 29, 2023, 08:41:46 AM »

tsk, Bella has 10 or so Barbies here, probably many more at home! My sister and I had 1 Barbie, and 1 Midge doll apiece. And we were happy!  ;D

karen's Piper:

kb, beautiful and peaceful sunset...

oldguy, so which one are you?  Have a good day at work!   :o

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6522 on: June 29, 2023, 09:08:47 AM »

Overcast - warming up to 71

Karen - Congrats on your new little cutie - you will be busy for a while in training her! ;)  I'm sure she will be a sweet darling companion for you. :-* :-*

Lani - Looks like some sort of action will need to be taken on behalf of Aly's furniture & things.  Glad it seems you may be receiving some good advice from a Beaker(s).

Phyl - Hope you get your PC worked out - maybe geek squad on the way?  Like your Thurs thro-back pics!  Thank you for MpMom's pic @ Sauces BE nest and Two Harbors!

Clynn - Love the Munchkins pics - although it was a more restful day, looks like a great day was had by all! ;D

Tsk - Is your air quality any clearer today? 

Kb - Pretty pic of Lake Harriett last evening.

Oldguy - Like your morning post - have a nice day at work! :)

Beakers have a nice day  :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #6523 on: June 29, 2023, 09:51:45 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - Mmmm, BLT's and corn on the cob, I think I might copy you and make that for dinner!

E4E - Thanks, all went good for Jeff. 

Puff - No fledge yet....DH2 was playing hide-n-seek above the cams, it seems.  Sounds like they were checking out the equipment, too.  ;D

karen - How wonderful for you to have your own Piper!  What a lil cutie!!!

Lani - Thank you.  I had the same feelings as karen about Aly's stuff.  I was thinking the worst, but hoping for the best.  :-*

Phyl - I think the owl got Jaycie this morning.  Prayers for Newman and Thomas!  I hope they will both leave the area.  Owl seems to be picking them off one by one.

clynn - Great pics of the munchkins, and LOVE Talon's shirt!  Thanks for posting the pic of karen's, Piper!

kb - Beautiful pic from Lake Harriet

oldguy - Thanks for the help.   :)

Puff

« Reply #6524 on: June 29, 2023, 09:56:59 AM »

Lisa - Does that mean we've already lost some of our babe falcons on the cliff along with mom Savannah?

P