Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471234 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6345 on: June 24, 2023, 06:12:16 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6346 on: June 24, 2023, 06:35:25 PM »

It's 'Caturday' - hope everyone is having a nice day whatever you might be doing  :)

High of 70 today.

Clynn - Just like Karen, we are out of ice cream!   Tomorrow, I plan to pick some up at the grocery store  ;D

Karen - Sounds like your finches are in an ideal location! ;D

OG - Hope you get that rain you are hoping for!  Love Quarantine kids as always!  If tonight is 'card night' hope you win and have lots of fun!

Lani - That is such great news that Aly has a place now!!  I'm so happy for all of you!!   Yes, hubby's new shed project is coming along nicely - thanks for mentioning. :)    Try not to overdo yourself out in the yard - especially if it is a very warm day!  Watering always takes a while - it does for me too.   Sad that those Movers aren't better at communicating.  Hope Aly hears from them and receives her things.

Phyl - Such a beautiful sunrise at the Flyaway.  Thank you for Amy's blog.   Cute comic this morning!

Kb - Thank you for Polar bear mom & cub - so precious - very sweet.   Wow, very warm temps in your area. 

Clynn - Hope you get a chance to use that grill and do let us know how it works out for you!

Tsk - Sure hope your area gets some much needed rain for that drought.  There were times over the years when CA was in a severe drought - and it is terrible when that happens.  Prayers for your area.

Tig - That is good 'Teamwork' when you do the picking up/shopping and come home and Camper meets you to carry it into house! ;D   Hope you got some rest for your knee and are enjoying the afternoon. :)

LisaG -  Still sending comforting thoughts your way (last night couldn't have been very easy).  Nice that Misty is getting lots of love & attention (as always)!   
Hope you & Jeff are having as nice of a weekend as is possible. 

Lori - Thank you for nest cams! ;D

Tsk - Lulu probably doesn't like the smell of the spices they use.  I used to give my Star bites of just the chicken meat (not the skin/spiced parts).   But of course, not every pet is going to like it. ;)   Hope you enjoyed your walk this morning. :)  How exciting for your 2 Monarchs - that is so nice of you to do all you do for the Monarchs.

Beakers have a nice evening.  It is only 4:35 over here, so going out to check on hubby and do a little watering.  Then soon, I need to start making dinner.

kbshcb

« Reply #6347 on: June 24, 2023, 06:39:25 PM »

Watching the next line totally go around us, Chris and I have conjectured that somebody?..put up an invisible dome over our area.....hmmm....sounds plausible...LOL...all I can do now is laugh....tears.

LisaG1967

« Reply #6348 on: June 24, 2023, 06:45:33 PM »

LISA   Forgot to ask - When does Misty get spayed?

Tsk - Since she was still nursing on and off, up until the day they left, AC said Misty will need her milk dried up before she is spayed.  I asked how long is that, and they said maybe about 2 weeks.  At the moment, she is filled back up with milk.  Poor girl…I hope it goes down soon!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6349 on: June 24, 2023, 06:50:34 PM »

Congrats to Aly on the new home for her and Dewey!  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6350 on: June 24, 2023, 06:52:07 PM »

HAPPY CATURDAY, BEAKERS!  :)

Take care, All, and have a good evening.  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #6351 on: June 24, 2023, 07:51:52 PM »

Lani and Mike, great news about Aly, .dewey and tge house!  Now, the movers!
Baz, great card for Aly! 

Lori, wonderful pics of the action on the Y!  So great to see it!   Thanks!

Lisa, if Misty is too uncomfortable, buy a cabbage and refrigerate.  When cold take an outer leaf or two off and wrap her tummy!  Advice from a vet!  Lolol, true!

Tsk, easy on your walks!   Hate drought for farmers!  Bad for us, bad for them!   Had rotisserie chicken for dinner myself tonight. Had steamed cauliflower and salad with it.  Grapes for desert, alas, no ice cream!

Warm today but ate lunch on the porch while watching the hummers!
Think the rain maybe moving out of here for a while!  Good news about Brett and
 Cindy!  Wind shear can be a good thing!

Glad Honey is doing well.

Good caturday evening amd seds

kbshcb

« Reply #6352 on: June 24, 2023, 08:12:14 PM »

tsk - the second season of the tv miniseries The Bear is back.
Chris and i just finished watching 4 episodes.
Love the show....of course lots of Chicago shots as it's filmed there.
It's so well done, the music is great, the visuals, and I'm surprised I'd love watching people cook and bake!
Course the characters and relationships too
Did you catch the first season or not?...I can't remember. You were going to or did.

BrokenLug

« Reply #6353 on: June 24, 2023, 09:18:22 PM »

Watching the next line totally go around us,
Chris and I have conjectured that somebody?..put up an invisible dome over our area
.....hmmm....sounds plausible...LOL...all I can do now is laugh ...tears.

kb it is known as the Urban heat island affect or UHI.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_heat_island#Impacts
"Rainfall rates downwind of cities are increased between 48% and 116%. Partly as a result of this warming, monthly rainfall is about 28% greater between 20 miles to 40 miles downwind of cities, compared with upwind".

Climate change is not a cause but an amplifier of the urban heat island effect.

There are 4 parts to this article: And it might be way more info than you want to know.  ;)   :-*
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/features/UrbanRain/urbanrain.php
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/features/UrbanRain/urbanrain2.php
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/features/UrbanRain/urbanrain3.php
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/features/UrbanRain/urbanrain4.php

What you have been experiencing at your home may not be what Tig experiences at her home about 12 mi to the NE.
ssrl to your NW similarly experiences totally different weather I suspect also.  ??   

With your lack of rain I believe it's about your exact location.
The rain has been bifurcating around you, no shit Sherlock now tell me something I don't already know?   LOL   ;D

Even though your abode is in a more "green/suburban-ish" area there is a big 'heat factory' about 4 miles due east of you namely MSP.
Large International airports are known to make there own "mini heat domes" due to all sorts of nasty stuff.   

I watched this afternoons radar loop of your area with all the rain bifurcating around you.   :( :( :(
 http://tiny.cc/22c8vz
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 09:37:39 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #6354 on: June 24, 2023, 09:45:55 PM »

Thanks, BL - I've read 2 so far.....

Now, what can I do about it to make it stop?....LOL

It's happened since May 1.....and it's been above average temps since May 1 as well...
Yes, ssrl can get more rain than I....and then I can get more snow than her, but not by much.

Any chance this pattern will change in the near future?....jet stream?...more cold fronts....

I need a mountain nearby as well, teehee...Make one for me please ;) ;)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6355 on: June 25, 2023, 01:06:58 AM »

Congrats to Aly on the new home for her and Dewey!  :)

Thank you Baz  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6356 on: June 25, 2023, 01:16:34 AM »

Lori, great DH2 gifs. YAY!!   I love the cottonwood this time of year!

T40, thanks for videos. I need to look up the cat brush.

Phyl, thanks for RRP blog. Aly was first choice on this apartment after 20 previous tries for other places. Movers haven't returned her calls after not showing up on Thursday.  "Do you want all nine read in order" LOL!

Tsk, You've been doing so well since your surgery. Milo doesn't like chicken either.... Congrats on the two monarchs.

Eagles, I hope you're having a nice weekend.  :)

{{{Lisa}}} thinking of Misty and the changes she will go through. Thinking of the kittens.  :-*

Karen, interesting vet suggestion.... Lunch with the hummers  ;D. I love watching mine too.

SED Kb, BL and all

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk friends Jean and Dennis, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Misty and her kittens, Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #6357 on: June 25, 2023, 01:53:22 AM »

Lani my eyeball world just got smaller.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 01:55:00 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

« Reply #6358 on: June 25, 2023, 05:26:54 AM »

Currently  74 F     Our high 91F sunny with rain showers later.    And a low 72F .
Yep! Really gonna be a hot muggy day.

Lani that sweet Scottish Highland calf coat color is the same shade as my last evening's  Street Cat Bob. I am concerned for her w/movers

BL appreciative of your post last night;  I was a teenager when I first heard of Urban heat island affect. Appreciate the refresher 'course'.

Lisa  thanks for the update on Misty and her 'condition'.   The best thing is to talk to your vet or AC. I did find this though ---  reccomends warm compressess , reduced food intake and ...
 https://www.justanswer.com/cat-health/2m2v9-mother-cat-stills-alot-milk-no-kittens.html#:~:text=To%20keep%20her%20comfortable%2C%20use%20warm%20compresses%20for,just%20cause%20the%20glands%20to%20produce%20more%20milk.   

Hi E4E

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6359 on: June 25, 2023, 05:27:33 AM »

With Two Harbors Anthony still snoozing ...I thought I'd  share some snaps from yesterday

Anthony watches a seagul
Jun 24, 2023 10:09 PM
Camera Time: Jun 24, 2023 8:08 PM PDT

And this view of the  one of the Grasslands National Park  from the nest cam's gallery

Two Harbors Bald Eagle Cam
Jun 24, 2023 10:02 PM
Camera Time: Jun 24, 2023 8:02 PM PDT

#IstandwithEvan