Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470865 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6000 on: June 14, 2023, 07:05:21 AM »

GOOD FLAG DAY MORNING EVERYONE

59 and heading to 73  mostly cloudy.  We did get over an inch of rain yesterday with another downpour as I signed off. :)

KB  We are still about 4" short of average rainfall.  Lady slippers are so exquisite.

OLDGUY   Fascinating history.  Did you do it or another family member?  Clever cake for Camper. ;)

PHYL   Such sad news from GSB   If Newman can just keep going for a few more days it will be a miracle if all 4 fledge successfully.

CLYNN - Relation to the Roosevelts  :o :o :o  Cool
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6001 on: June 14, 2023, 08:09:08 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - Thanks for the reminder about Flag Day.  Jeff use to get that as a State holiday, but they took that away many years ago.  You got a good bit of rain. 

clynn - Love your Happy Wednesday post. Have a good day with the munchkins.  Sounds like you all are really enjoying your deck.  I don't know if there will be another shower.  There are some friends that are coming to this one, but I am not sure if she really hangs around with any of the girl co-workers.   Love the pic of the Red-headed Woodpecker couple.

Phyl - Newman is doing an awesome job being Mom and Dad.  Poor Savanna, she sacrificed herself to save her babies.   :'(  Let's hope the GHO stays away till all the eyasses fledge.

Lani - I am definitely going to miss these kitties.  I told Jeff, if I see them not getting adopted...I am going up and getting them all!  :D

kb - Beautiful state flower.

karen - No ranting doesn't change a thing, and I have to follow their rules if I want to adopt Misty, since she is chipped to them.   :-\

E4E - Thank you!  :)

tsk - Her brother is an engineer, but her Mom told me that he liked to bake.  I will make sure to take a pic of the cake. 

Going to start some of my shopping today around 11, and do a lil more tomorrow too.  Friday afternoon will be my prep day for all of this. 

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6002 on: June 14, 2023, 09:58:09 AM »

Overcast - later, warming to 70

Tig - Did you & Camper go out to dinner yesterday? :)

Og - Thank you for sharing your ancestry - good that you know so much about your families's history - very interesting! :)

Karen - The sun should come out in our area a little sooner today!

Kb - Lovely pic of your State flower. :)  Wish your area would get some much needed rain.

Lani - Cute 'nite' pic.

Phyl - Nice temps in your area!   Great Spirit Bluff - so very sad about Savannah  :'(  Thank you for Amy's blog.
Thank you as always for all the Cam pics / updates!

Clynn - Enjoy the Munchkins tomorrow!  I too, would keep porch door closed today - way too warm - although your kittys might disagree! Lol ;)
Interesting family history - so nice that your cousin did your Mom's side of ancestry!

Tsk - Wonderful for the rain you've gotten  :)

LisaG - Have fun on your shopping trip today!  You will be extra busy the next fews days  ;D

Hi Puff, Lori, Baz!

Beakers have a nice Flag Day

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6003 on: June 14, 2023, 10:00:55 AM »

some bounce
We had a nice dinner last night. The 4 of us plan to celebrate S.I.L. bday today and then need to schedule a day to celebrate Camper's...
Aw... GSB...
Sprayed for ants near the berries and sprayed some weeds in the lawn. A few spots still need some watering today.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #6004 on: June 14, 2023, 10:49:55 AM »

Yes, Lani - I'm almost wishing for that stuff in my pic above!.. ;) ;)

We average around 4 inches a month for the May through August period...a little less in May but more in June...
Here in a suburb just south of the Twin Cities we've had none since early May...NONE.

All that snow was good for the rivers/creeks/ and lakes....and maybe for our tree stock?...but nada for the rest of my yard...no matter how much we get it dries quickly.

I've been watering once again all morning....the apartments across the street don't water and it's only mid June and their grass is dead and yellow/brown already..
Mine is green.

Many of my perennials and similar stories on all the garden blogs I read have bloomed but late and not as many flowers...rough winter and lack of rain.
It takes so much time to hand water and I need to do some touch up painting, staining, fixing stuff and just plain enjoy sitting...
Not likely this year...so glad I had Andrew here yesterday to start. He completely tore up my concrete paver patio and re-did it..it had sunken so he bought more sand and rock.
He completely fixed my shed which had been attacked by birds and the wood was rough, with the old roof for my jacuzzi Scott used in the winter....they won't be able to attack tin and it will last...then he deeply pruned a row of yews on my hill...a little too deeply for my taste but it will all grow back.

Out for more watering....later.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6005 on: June 14, 2023, 11:02:48 AM »

“We all are united with one land, one country, and one flag. No matter how different we are, our flag binds us into one strong force. Let us promise to always fight for the honor of our flag. Happy Flag Day!” – Anonymous

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!

LOL Kb! love your morning pic... I hear you, but the time it's mid-July we'll be watching Ice Road Truckers and Deadliest Catch! And of course my Brooks Fall Brown Bears to cool us down.  ;D. Andrew did a good job of helping you keep your area healthy and lovely... that makes a difference, lack of care and attention are what destroys your neighbors yard.

Eagles, our temps will warm up to the 50's starting tomorrow morning. It was 46 today and highs will be low 80's ... looks like AC will go on this weekend. Looks like summer will be here starting Father's Day! Mike loves it, but thankfully the temps will cool down at night, windows can open, AC will not have to work.

Lisa, I wish I lived closer, I'd get a kitten or two. My heart feels good to know you'd get the kittens if they are not adopted. Mike had a brilliant man who was an excellent engineer that worked for him in Kansas, and he was an excellent baker. They are detail kind of people which can test your patience at times.... There wasn't anything that John didn't know or couldn't do. Looking forward to shower pics.

Tsk, love your Flag Day pic  :)

Clynn, Interesting family history....  Mike has been working on the history of both sides of his family for years.... awww love the woodpeckers and chickadee. We have "Mountain Chickadees"

Phyl, that is very sad news RRP blog shared with us. God bless Savannah :'(... I pray Newman will be able to feed his beautiful growing family. Thankfully, they are near fledging and can learn from dad.... pretty sunrise.. thanks for nests pics... prayers for GSB babies.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6006 on: June 14, 2023, 11:17:52 AM »

What Is Flag Day?
Discover the history of the annual holiday and check out 13 facts about the American flag and how to properly display it.

Included is a short video.
https://www.history.com/news/what-is-flag-day
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6007 on: June 14, 2023, 11:19:00 AM »

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #6008 on: June 14, 2023, 12:21:14 PM »

So sad about Savanna....Was it a great horned owl?...was the owl most likely after the babies?..
Hoping for the best..

A few pics of front yard.:

Flag was brought last night sans boyscout.....Dad did it.....Hmmm?....LOL

My favorite lily is opening..I have many more of these kind in back also blooming.

Watered grass (mine) vs. no water all around town, this one across the street.

kbshcb

« Reply #6009 on: June 14, 2023, 12:23:57 PM »

and lastly, just the beginning of budding on my stellas....I have a second semi circle  on the other side..

For some reason, my back yard gardens look like they will be much prettier than front this year?..
Sans 3 climbing rose bushes and a rhody.....eaten by rabbits.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6010 on: June 14, 2023, 01:05:40 PM »

TIG  Lots of fun times out for you altho you don't need an excuse  LOL

KB  Andrew is worth his weight in gold!!!  He and friend accomplished a LOT.  Talked with my butterfly expert at church and she also is low on eggs and visuals of monarchs seems off ( We've both only seen 1).  Even some of my milkweed is not looking good.  I only have 7 caterpillars going and should have a lot more by now.  She thinks it too is weather related. I sure love that color lily!!   I don't have any buds on my Stellas yet.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6011 on: June 14, 2023, 01:18:22 PM »

Whew, thick smoke just settled in.....awful
I swear I can smell it inside now with all shut up and air conditioning on with air purifier in room.

Tig - you too?

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6012 on: June 14, 2023, 01:39:12 PM »

some bounce
I can see the haze. Eyes watered one day, can't smell it. Thank goodness we are not in NW MN this a.m.! It is in hazardous category...
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #6013 on: June 14, 2023, 02:11:58 PM »

some bounce
I can see the haze. Eyes watered one day, can't smell it. Thank goodness we are not in NW MN this a.m.! It is in hazardous category...
BBL

Checking air quality indexes now I see we are above 200 and you in the low 100's....for some reason Northfield is at 500....not sure that's accurate or not.
Was just checking in with you...

kbshcb

« Reply #6014 on: June 14, 2023, 02:54:00 PM »

It's surreal here.