Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1008706 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5970 on: June 13, 2023, 07:42:19 AM »

{{{Hi CLynn!}}} so glad for news on Honey and that she's eating and doing okay. Right now just love her and treasure each day's gift.    tks for the piece on  The Idaho Department of Fish and Game rescue of osprey nest.

Hi Lisa  how's the kitties?  And, thank you so for  your understanding about Maggie and all. I'd sure love to have one of Misty's babies.  :-*
I need that morning cuppa of yours. ;)

I also have Native American ancestry---Iroquois Confederacy along the US/Canadian boarder circa 1900. My Grandpa Lambert(he and his wife, son and four daughters were immigrants from France) use to trap with a tribe of Iroquois in Maine. He and his wife ran a boarding house there. My maternal grandmother was the daughter of that tribe's chief. She was born 'knocked knee". The chief gave her to Great Grandpa Lambert to seek medical care and keep safe. She was kept and raised as their own. etc.

Yes Lisa, regarding the GSB peregrines---' there's  some trouble in River City.' so-to-speak.

KB hippo has good dental habits ...odd looking octopus

E4E I do what I'm able outside.

Bazi No Irish here---just English, French, German, Italian, Native American and The Levant.

Hi Tig hope you don't over do---tacos sound yummie

Karen good luck with the PT and hope you loose the walker, soon

Today's busy and Jim home before I know it and then he mows...

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5971 on: June 13, 2023, 07:56:26 AM »

Sending loads of wishes for a wonderful day and many years filled with what you love doing and
spending your life with Tig.

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #5972 on: June 13, 2023, 09:11:28 AM »

Happy birthday Camper!  Another year of some great photos !
81 now and a high of 90?  Humidity is 81 degrees!  Mama finch still on the nest.  I cannot see babies.  I have to stand very far to the back with my head back to see the nest,  not very comfortable for long!
Phyl, No more pt.
Tsk you are correct.  My only fall was a result of a blood pressure drop!  I was not doing anything except standing when I fell!  No dizziness or anything!  Oh well!  Accept what it is and continue to find a solution!

Beakers who have Cherokee heritage and can prove it were eligible for oil money from Oklahoma.  I had a friend who was and her parents got the money.  This was in the 50s and it was sizable.  You might want to investigate it now.  Could be too late!

kbshcb

« Reply #5973 on: June 13, 2023, 09:23:17 AM »

Have a Happy Bird Day, Camper!

Andrew showed up with a helper so now I am not needed except for maybe answering questions, finding tools etc.?....now what am I going to do?, LOL....get into some kind of trouble I'm thinking...

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #5974 on: June 13, 2023, 09:37:23 AM »

Enjoy some gooey chocolate chip cookie s'mores with soft and sticky toasted marshmallows and melty chocolate goodness!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 09:39:04 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5975 on: June 13, 2023, 09:48:07 AM »

Happy birthday Camper! Best wishes and here's looking forward to many more special shots!  8)

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5976 on: June 13, 2023, 10:08:59 AM »

CLYNN  Bless little Honey.   Be thankful for the good days.  I think Lucy had been ill long before we knew about it but you just let nature take its course.    Great that Kelsey likes yard work.  I bet she is a big help with a younger back  LOL   Oh I am so glad that osprey was rescued - so hard to watch.

LISA   Fun Saturday for you.  Tell us what you are making?  Hope you take some pics.

PHYL   Interesting backstory on your native American heritage.

LORI   LOLOL  those chocolate chip cookie smores are awesome!!!~

LANI   LOVE the saying on Camper's b-day card. 
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5977 on: June 13, 2023, 10:38:36 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!

{{{Karen}}}

Eagles, yes, new stylist is in town, just ten minutes away. It will be interesting starting over again. I've only had 4 hair stylists in my lifetime...  thank you for sharing family history  ;D

Tig, thanks for sharing your family history.  :)

Baz, you have a wonderful family, thanks for sharing their pics  :)

Phyl, I pray Savannah returns.. goodness, Zooey doesn't return, Michelle disappears. Newman will do a fantastic job caring for his brood. Great pics, I just pray no black flies and kids stay in the box until ready to fledge... interesting family history.

KB, great videos this morning... "brushing teeth" time. LOL! And the Octopus moonwalk is cool!

{{{Clynn}}} happy to hear Honey is eating and comfortable. Praying for many more good days for all of you to share :-* ... great osprey rescue.... {{{Kelsey}}}

Lisa, glad to read Bradley and Kelly are doing well... Do you think they will adopt one of the kittens through AC?... I hope you will be able to share pics from the baby shower.   :)

Lori, Delicious looking smores for Camper! Now, I've got to get a fresh cup of coffee and Almond Joy cookie to go with it  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5978 on: June 13, 2023, 11:32:43 AM »

Happy Birthday Camper!

karengramke

« Reply #5979 on: June 13, 2023, 02:35:13 PM »

Well, well, well!  The pt supervisor just left and I have 4 more visits with them.  2 next week and once a week fir tge next 2 weeks!   No appointment available this week.   My therapist told him that he thought We were making it progress and he was working with me to graduate to a cane!  Hence I was not discharged and what he. Originally said was not true!  I am happy!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 04:46:10 PM by karengramke »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5980 on: June 13, 2023, 03:06:00 PM »

LANI   What a great capture of the parent squirrel carrying baby down the tree.

KAREN    Good that PT feels there is still "hope for you"  LOLOL  As long as you show improvement care can continue. :-*

Getting a bit of light rain this afternoon..
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5981 on: June 13, 2023, 03:34:41 PM »

karen - Glad to hear that you will have more PT sessions. 

Lani - Love your morning pic of Mama squirrel and baby.  I know they would love to have one of the kittens, but they have Stewie (their black cat) and he does not get along with other cats, plus with a baby on the way, it might be too much.  I sure will share some pics from the shower.   :D

tsk - The baby shower is at a park under a pavilion, and just a few friends and family are attending.  I ordered sandwiches...ham, turkey and roast beef on assorted rolls, and chicken salad, egg salad, and ham salad on assorted rolls.  I am making a vegetable tray, a fruit tray, and a cheese/meat tray.  Bradley asked if I would make shrimp dip, so I will do that with some other chips and dips, too.  I can't decide if I want to make a pasta salad or not.  Kelly's brother is making the dessert.  I think it is supposed to be a giraffe cake or cupcake cake.

Lori - Those gooey chocolate chip cookie s'mores look deeeeeeeeeeelish!  :P

kb - Glad to read that you did not have to help Andrew today. 

Phyl - Kitties are good, and all gaining weight,some are over 2 pounds, and the rest are just about there.  They will be 8 weeks old this Sunday, and on Friday June 23, I will have to bring them up to AC to be turned over so they can all be spayed/neutered.  Going to be a sad day for me.  Misty is still nursing them at times, so she will not be going up there to get spayed till mid to late July when her milk dries up. 

Phyl

« Reply #5982 on: June 13, 2023, 03:49:48 PM »

Karen well that's good news on the PT continuing. The word for now is 'Freedom'.  ;)  LOL

Lani sweet parent with it's kit. Is it too early to ask how you liked your new hairdresser?  Any word on Aly's belongings---or have I missed that?

Lisa happy to hear Kelley /Bradley are well---baby too. Kiss all the kittens for me right between the eyes.  Tks for kitten update ;D  Tks for planning to share baby shower photos; baby shower menu sounds great

Tsk so right about cats hiding their illnesses---survival tactic from the jungles and plains.   Light rain is still 'good'

Lori camper's cookies  look 'sinful' to eat. LOL

E4 E  nice B/D for Tig's Camper.

KB hurrah!  Andrew didn't need you this time. Now you can just supervise. LOL

Jim's cardio called and they have two wks of free meds ready to p/u. Then he'll be home. I have a homemade sausage, egg & cheese biscut for his snack and left over coffee from this AM.
I'm still fortunate all I have is two  Rxs  to fill at $80 each , rest of 'stuff' I  take are supplements that I share with Jimmy.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5983 on: June 13, 2023, 03:50:01 PM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

When will DH2 fledge?
June 12, 2023  RaptorResource
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/06/12/when-will-dh2-fledge/

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5984 on: June 13, 2023, 03:53:32 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

Sauces bald eagle cam