Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471047 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4995 on: May 16, 2023, 04:09:18 PM »

karen - They got out by themselves!  After the 5th time of me putting them back in the lil pool, I went on Amazon and ordered this to keep them contained.  ;D  Yep, the tabby is the smiley one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VPKWGZM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

LOL, hang in there Lisa!..

LisaG1967

« Reply #4996 on: May 16, 2023, 04:33:01 PM »

karen - They got out by themselves!  After the 5th time of me putting them back in the lil pool, I went on Amazon and ordered this to keep them contained.  ;D  Yep, the tabby is the smiley one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VPKWGZM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

LOL, I am gonna be crazy!

kbshcb

« Reply #4997 on: May 16, 2023, 04:39:07 PM »

Crazy ain't bad....there are worse states of mind ;) ;)

LisaG1967

« Reply #4998 on: May 16, 2023, 04:42:29 PM »

Crazy ain't bad....there are worse states of mind ;) ;)

;D ;D

oldguy

« Reply #4999 on: May 16, 2023, 04:43:49 PM »

Instinct is telling them to find an enclosed space for safety - try putting something over the pool to give them a low ceiling and some darkness...
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5000 on: May 16, 2023, 04:56:00 PM »

some bounce
A long day... 1.5 hrs in garden (finished pruning last year's dead growth)
                    2.5 hrs mowing, resting, cleaning mower
Luckily, the smoke haze kept the temp. from getting above 79 here,and there was a light breeze to help me.
I spied this little one on one of my Mom's 60 years old tulips...

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5001 on: May 16, 2023, 05:20:02 PM »

Hello Beakers! Just finished my nap!  The 2nd bigger dumpster came this morning, and I was able to throw a bunch more in the 1st one before they hauled it off, because they have a cover for it! This one is a 12', he said the 1st one was a 9'. It's hard to judge how big of a one you need, how can one imagine a ton of trash...  :o :o

Ed is mowing, he has been trying to for a few days but it kept raining here and there. Then it wouldn't start, the battery was dead, so had to get a jump starter, the grass is so high and thick he is having to empty the grass catcher every couple of rounds. We have a corner lot, so the yard is big! I will get the push mower out and clean up a few places.

Lisa, sorry you are feeling not so chipper, but don't those kittens just make you smile?  Just let them run all over the house when they are using the litter box, it won't take them long to figure it out! You are getting a cat tent like tsk had for Lucy, maybe Bandit and Misty will like it! I think they are wanting out to explore and play! Love the daisies!

Lani, the Albatross chick looks huge in that picture! I checked to see how many lbs 9.4 kg were, it's 20.75 lbs! No wonder the chick looks huge, it is huge!

I just went outside to take pictures of my new plants, I spent my birthday money today at Home Depot! And I see that Ed is mowing the next door neighbor's yard. He has polio in one of his legs. He tries to mow but it is very difficult for him.

My prizes are the two Red Double Knock Out Roses! Red and white Impatiens and blue Lobelia for my Patriotic container, and I got a couple of those Rio plants someone has been talking about! Does anyone know what the purple flowers are in the bed where I am going to put all my Hostas?  And I have Speedwell and Dusty Millers for the sidewalk flower bed.  Now just need the Coleus for the deck!

tsk, prayers for Jeans husband... sounds like he has had quite an ordeal...

Lori, oh I would love that Almond Cake! Yum! 

karen, are you floating yet?  ::) ::)

Lisa's picture of HD and HM!

Audubon Center for Birds of Prey
Did you know the Audubon Center for Birds of Prey cares for more Bald Eagles than any other rehabilitation center in Florida? Most injured Bald Eagles in the state find their way to us. During baby season, so many eaglets come through our Center we sometimes release them two at a time! These two young Bald Eagles are flying strong in our flight barns and are ready to start their lives out in the wild. Our team will weigh, band, and then release them in a good territory so they can fly free.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #5002 on: May 16, 2023, 05:42:24 PM »

Lisa, lol!  Sweet little tabby!   Old guy might be right that they are looking for a safe place!  Or, maybe daddy was a wild man!   Nice idea to letBandit and Misty use the tent after the kitties graduate!
Clynn, lovely flowers!   I would love some of Loris cake too!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5003 on: May 16, 2023, 05:44:09 PM »

for Maxie...

Sending wishes for a wonderful day. Many happy returns.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5004 on: May 16, 2023, 06:15:04 PM »

Tsk   tks for the note to Maxie. I hope she drops in sometime.    looks like  very pleasant weather for you . I was out this AM potting all sorts of perinnials.
I work fast, like my mom, so got them all done in two shakes of a lamb's tail. LOL  I noticed we have a mucho serious problem with one of our rose bushes.  Wondering if ougfht to just dig it up or take the hedger and cut it to  a  nub.   More on that later.

KB great video, too bad not longer---elephants are a 'tight' herd  ;)

{{Lisa}}  poor gal no dount you're miserahble with all that's goinf on and no meds to ease the pain of it all.   Oh !that 'scone' and coffee look great.

Eagles pretty roses for Maxie; our moms and grand moms did so many nice things for us all the time.  :-* :-*

Lori awesome   bald eagle photo by Ernie Serediak in Kelowna, BC

Tsk will pray for your friend Jean /husband w/the heart issues.

Karen too bad about the Tru Green

Tig that speech to text might be fun---in more ways than one  ;)

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5005 on: May 16, 2023, 06:22:42 PM »

KAREN   He has had atrial fibrillation for eons that has wrecked havoc on his heart muscle.  They just did 8 stents in 2 different sessions to keep whatever muscle is left vascularized.  He also has considerable kidney issues.

LISA   Good idea - then you can use it for outdoors when kittens are returned to AC  Bandit might get a kick out of it.  Misty might not since she is an experienced outdoor cat.

TIG   What an amazing photo in Mom's tulips.   Good catch with the  little frog.  We asked at the Botanic garden what they did when tulips were all done - compost them!!!  Start over with new bulbs the next year.  Mom's are 60 yrs - Amazing.

CLYNN  Like minds on the reuse of the enclosure.  We don't know if we will introduce Lulu to it this year -   What a huge mowing job for Ed.  And here we are both figuring out kilograms  LOL   Can't really get a good look at the purple flower - "creeping phlox?  Can't wait til your friend plants it all and what it will all become  ;)   Nice clip from Lisa - Thanks
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #5006 on: May 16, 2023, 06:23:36 PM »

Clynn has the dumpster arrived?

Lani tks for Royal Albatross update and photo of SP

Tsk  tks for the update on Jean's husband . He has a fantastic outlook. Your prayer group will mean so much to the both

Bazi pretty cake for Maxie; LOL gator/dino could share the same DNA;  Oh yes  Black Cap chickadees are a hoot to watch

Tig/Tsk good luck w/the wrens

Lori delish cake for Maxie

#IstandwithEvan

oldguy

« Reply #5007 on: May 16, 2023, 06:24:50 PM »

Clynn - I just installed an app on my phone today for plant identification - called PlantNet - available for iPhone and Android - totally free and allows you to sign in with Google - it works by taking a photo of a plant and them gives you the possibilities by percentage of probability.  Seems to work well - I will use it at work to help me ID plants for customers.
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Phyl

« Reply #5008 on: May 16, 2023, 06:33:48 PM »

Lisa those kittens are some handful and the travel bowl you just bought is just the 'thing' too. Bandit in  the travel bowl.  ;D

Tks amazing tulip bulbs your mom has growing

Clynn can hardly wait to see how your new flower beds turn out

OG is this where you found the plant ID app?
https://app.popsilla.com/org.plantnet?msclkid=e1304cd02508167a7db728b437aa6972&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PS3%20-%20USA%20-%20Desktop&utm_term=plantnet%20plant%

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5009 on: May 16, 2023, 06:36:39 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

(((Beaker group hug)))

#IstandwithEvan