Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 972683 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4965 on: May 16, 2023, 08:26:12 AM »

Overcast this morning - warming to 74!

Phyl - I can only imagine the delicious food Jim's Mom and your Mom used to make.  :)    Nothing better than how our Mothers / Grandmothers cooked by scratch!  My Grandma used to make her own noodles for Chicken Noodle soup!
Cute gif this morning.  Nice temp in your area.  Love all the cam pics  ;D

Clynn - Your morning post/gifs/pics always get my day off to a beautiful start! ;D  Hope the Dumpster gets dropped off early as planned!

Tsk - Nice temp for your area.  I too, can say that when I was growing up, mostly everything was made at home with little/no prepared foods.  No fast food was brought in.   My Mom taught me to make cakes by scratch (I was 9 when I made my first one).  Of course, now I buy the boxed cake mixes. ;)

Kb - Great vid of elephant giving birth and the herd coming over immediately  ;D  Sorry to hear about the Canadian wild fires.  :(

LisaG - So sorry you are feeling so much pain/discomfort.  Must be so hard not to be able to take your usual medication.

Hi Lani, Karen, Puff, Tig, OG, Baz, Lori  :)

Maxie, Enjoy your special day!

Beakers have a nice day.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #4966 on: May 16, 2023, 08:32:38 AM »

Happy Birthday Maxie!

karengramke

« Reply #4967 on: May 16, 2023, 08:41:49 AM »

Lisa, I am so sorry!    Try,lying down with the kitties!, Clynn you need to get some more rest!   You have a lot going on?  Maybe when the deck is. Finished you can rest out there and listen to the birds,  i like to sit on my porch when it rains!
Trugreen was here this morning and they will not be invited back!   The man had no idea hat he was supposed to do!   He  said I had a lot of trees and was going to spray all of them!   I don't think  he knows anything except how to get the hose out of the truck and point and spray!   Time fornother cup of coffee.

karengramke

« Reply #4968 on: May 16, 2023, 09:21:32 AM »

Tsk who are  Maxie and Larry?

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4969 on: May 16, 2023, 09:43:26 AM »

KB  Had me fooled - So it must turn white/light green then.

EAGLES  Very refreshing AM pic  :D   My Mom used to make angel food cake from scratch... :o

KAREN  TruGreen - just supports what many of us have said... :P   I think Maxie mostly perches but posted some advice late last year about the "seed moths" I had in my mud room.  We don't store seed there now .  Then earlier last year she made mention of her husband's illnesses.

Am off with a couple of us in our girl group to support another in the group as her husband has been going through a rough medical time with multiple hospitalization in recent months. - has had 8 stents I believe is not a candidate for by-pass.  Finally last Thurs went to rehab facility and Jean was ecstatic .  Now back in the hospital as of Friday night.  What an ordeal

BBL
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4970 on: May 16, 2023, 10:02:04 AM »

some bounce

((Lisa))

Grr. I need to remove some Snow on the Mountain which has jumped the edging and invaded our grass.
It never ends...

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #4971 on: May 16, 2023, 10:36:47 AM »

Thanks Tsk? 

oldguy

« Reply #4972 on: May 16, 2023, 11:00:12 AM »

Happy Birthday Maxie
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4973 on: May 16, 2023, 11:05:53 AM »

Oh and I forgot to say... Camper moved our wren house about 2 ft from where it was a little more under the branches and away from the feeders. We had hoped for wrens but it looks like a couple of our chickadees are interested. Talons crossed.

Updated... I was using speech to text and I need to enunciate better
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 12:05:34 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #4974 on: May 16, 2023, 11:10:31 AM »

tsk - here's a closer better view of it now...it is extremely hazy in the sky right now too.

And then a few better views of some new/newer replacement plants from sun to shade.

Remember, these have all just come up out of the ground....my astilbe just did...will all look much better in a month or so.

My big blue hosta just emerged recently as well..no roses on my shrub roses yet either...and phlox hardly up....

My guess is we are at least 2 weeks behind average if not more?

tig - keep at it....I once had snow on the mountain as fill for my whole front garden and removed all of it...I mulch heavily.....do you?

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4975 on: May 16, 2023, 11:12:05 AM »

Happy birthday Maxie! I hope all is well with you and Larry. :)

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #4976 on: May 16, 2023, 11:24:40 AM »

Posting for Karen  8)

This once in a lifetime photo was taken by Ernie Serediak in Kelowna, BC. November 29, 2020. Outstanding!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/863449937651427/permalink/1283369705659446/?paipv=0&eav=AfaewUD8x4fSSWNOB2zwdJ9sZtud0q2j0ejov7ZJ3F7gyMWV5ETDIPyPMit6GCL8jAg&_rdr
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

« Reply #4977 on: May 16, 2023, 11:39:09 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Just wanted to say morning, and that I am reading your posts.   :D

I am totally miserable since I can't take anything but Tylenol, and that does nothing to take the edge off of my Fibromyalgia.  I have a splitting headache, and sinus pressure today.  Monday cannot come soon enough.

Lisa, I'm sorry you're feeling miserable. Why don't you join the babies for a bit of TLC for the soul...   :( :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #4978 on: May 16, 2023, 11:49:25 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

{{{Clynn}}} I hope dumpster comes today.  :-*

Phyl, thanks for morning nests updates.... pretty pic from Decorah goose cam.

Kb, {{{mama Ellie and baby, I wish the video was longer, so we could see more of the herd's reaction.}}} ... your garden is coming along so nicely. I need to add dripping hoses in a couple of areas. Is it hard to do?

Karen, that's too bad about Trugreen   :( .. Maxie is a Beaker and her hubby has been ill.

{{{Tsk}}} sorry to see your news about Jean's hubby, sending prayers for all of you as you surround her with support and prayers.

Tig, Talons crossed  ;D

Lori, stunning eagle photo! Thank you, and Karen great pic!  ;D

Lani

« Reply #4979 on: May 16, 2023, 11:53:30 AM »

TRR GRADUATION NOTICE:

Landon, Pax, Liana, 2F Sloth: They have been moved to the sloth house full-time. They are now starting to eat more leaves.

Sloth Preschool Updates:

Antonio, 2f Sloth: He is doing fine and gaining weight!
Coco & Geo, 2F Sloths: They will soon graduate but still need to gain some weight before they start the transition.
Roo, 2F Sloth: He has started transitioning to eating smoothies. He is very active and gaining weight fast!
Robin, 3F Sloth: He seems more active. He is slowly starting to eat more leaves. Remember, you can support him by donating to his CUDDLY campaign.

In Loving Memory - We are sad these babies did not make it.

Ollie,2F Sloth: Passed away due to interstitial pneumonia.
Alma, 2F Sloth: Passed away due to Dilated Cardiomyopathy.

A friendly reminder: We are a critical care facility - Even though you do not see this on camera, the animals are under 24/7 vet care.

Robin :-*

Roo  ;D

Curtis  ;D