Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470744 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3435 on: April 04, 2023, 04:33:18 PM »

I worked with her Phyl....have you seen her somewhere else?..or just remind you of someone.

She reminds me of the lady that works at SOAR---she worked with  Decorah after his 'mishap' and I think is still his handler---what is her name?!  Gosh! 
So dedicated---as are all who work in animal rehab/release.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #3436 on: April 04, 2023, 04:58:32 PM »

I worked with her Phyl....have you seen her somewhere else?..or just remind you of someone.

She reminds me of the lady that works at SOAR---she worked with  Decorah after his 'mishap' and I think is still his handler---what is her name?!  Gosh! 
Maybe you are thinking of Kay Neumann?...SOAR is in Iowa....my pic earlier was North of St. Paul and lady from the Raptor Center.

oldguy

« Reply #3437 on: April 04, 2023, 05:54:45 PM »

As of 5:50pm (approx) latest egg roll showed both eggs were intact - pip showed beak at hole

chat has just reopened  6pm

Cat Left Home Alone Suddenly Realizes He's Being Watched   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wtHSmX8EE
Guy Moves Into New Apartment And Discovers He Already Has A Flatmate   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehFIb3WTQ6c

Crazy Sounds, Heartfelt Eyes and Everything in-between | The Barred Owl   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fsYI6lWS9A

Still no storms here - a system is moving out of NE Missouri and into Ill. and another Line of storms is just West of Des Moines - both heading to the NE - the storm near Des Moines has some potential to get near Decorah this evening.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 06:01:56 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3438 on: April 04, 2023, 06:10:50 PM »

Karen - So happy that you will be returning home soon - maybe tomorrow? :)  I know you will be so glad to be back home!! ;D  As Tsk mentioned, hope you have some help at home to start with.  :)

Lani - Ok, got it straight now! Mike is flying to Ohio and one of the co-workers will be driving the rental car in Ohio. :)

Tsk - Lulu will love her viewing table!! ;D  Hope you get help with getting your porch room ready for the season! 8)   I hope your car was spared any damage from the hail that took place.

Kb - Wow, that poor eagle is so lucky to get some good help - thanks so much for the story. :)  Great picture too!    Kb, thanks for photos of the MN nest before & after although it is so very sad to see the nest gone.

Hi Baz! :)

LisaG - Today, Star is walking pretty good and still has an appetite.  Thank you  :)

Tig - The pip at the H nest is so exciting! ;D

Phyl - I am not surprised that Dan is getting cabin fever - our local news keeps showing the snow levels and have said that the area is 122% above normal!  They have not had this much snow since 1950 or something like that!

Oldguy - Thank you for links & info.   I sure hope that the potential storm doesn't hit Decorah too badly 'fingers crossed'!

Clynn - If tomorrow is Bella day - have fun & enjoy!! :)

Hi Puff, Lori, BL  :)

Beakers have a good night  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3439 on: April 04, 2023, 06:41:58 PM »

LISA   Actually Tim looked at the hood and there are multiple dings ( he calls them dents which they are not  )  I could not see them but you can feel them.  We have a place near here that does nothing but pop out the dings from hail damage.  Personally I'd just leave it alone.  ::) ::)

PHYL  Looks like some Peeps on that wreath  ;) ;)   So Dan must have gotten pretty snowed in as well?

OLDGUY   Cats are pretty darn smart  - finding the camera ;)   Piece on the barred owls good esp their various calls  :o
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #3440 on: April 04, 2023, 07:04:28 PM »

The cold front and warm front are meeting up in Iowa today... supposed to be like Friday (we had 16 tornado's)...

NOW-Confirmed Tornado Warning for Pella IA, Knoxville IA and Monroe IA Seek shelter now!

these photos are from Friday...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 07:07:55 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

karengramke

« Reply #3441 on: April 04, 2023, 09:00:44 PM »

Thanks Beakers.  Feels good to be here. 
 Y friend Mickey, from Springfield. Il. Flew down today and she will help me reorient myself.   Home Health coming to see what I need an several folks from the home have offered assistance.  Still have a pretty sore ack and use a walker to navigate around.  Was time to come home and get it togerter

Phyl

« Reply #3442 on: April 04, 2023, 09:15:31 PM »

Maybe you are thinking of Kay Neumann?...SOAR is in Iowa....my pic earlier was North of St. Paul and lady from the Raptor Center.

Yes, Kay is who I'm thinking of...I  thought everyone here would automatically know that SOAR is located in Iowa---wasn't necessary for me to say.  And, I do know that in your post you were speaking of N. St. Paul, MN.     I'm not a complete idiot. LOL  ;D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 09:18:37 PM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3443 on: April 04, 2023, 09:18:00 PM »

Thanks Beakers.  Feels good to be here. 
 Y friend Mickey, from Springfield. Il. Flew down today and she will help me reorient myself.   Home Health coming to see what I need an several folks from the home have offered assistance.  Still have a pretty sore ack and use a walker to navigate around.  Was time to come home and get it togerter

So very glad you'll have help. Again, so happy you'll be back in your own home. 

#IstandwithEvan

oldguy

« Reply #3444 on: April 04, 2023, 09:20:41 PM »

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Phyl

« Reply #3445 on: April 04, 2023, 09:29:18 PM »

'Good  Evening and Good Night"  .

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3446 on: April 05, 2023, 12:45:26 AM »

Kb, I hope the injured Lino Lakes eagle will be able to be healed and released.

Tsk, Dewey likes to get under the bed, and like Lulu, he'll get half his body under. I usually see the tail end.I hope your car is okay.

Hi Baz

Oldguy, Great welcome for Karen! enjoyed the owl video by Lesley, especially hearing the sounds... glad to see Decorah cams back up. Looks very windy... cats are pretty smart to find the camera.

Eagles, glad to read Star is doing a bit better.  :-*

Lori, great photos of the tornado. WOW! that size hail could do a lot of damage. Take care.

SED Karen, Phyl  :)

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lani's daughter Shannon, Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for Mississippi, Nashville, SWFL Eaglets, Eagle's Star, DNR and Trio nest. 🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #3447 on: April 05, 2023, 06:23:01 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !

Today 82F  Partly sunny. And, tonight 50F with thunder storms.

I was soooo  tired last night.  :(

Lori thanks for the photos---Wow!; duck for  cover Iowans

Eagles I keep trying to get Dan to move out here. But, nooooooooooooo. Probably happier  in  Cali any way.

Tsk a good insurance agent---which I was---would suggest to let the 'dents---dings' be and see if the hot summer sun pops them out.

Lani so luv and enjoy your desert sunset from last night

OG  my sentiments exactly--- "Finally' for Karen's return home/Beak; awwwCoco/Fermin

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3448 on: April 05, 2023, 06:31:16 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Apr 5, 2023 6:23 AM
Camera Time: Apr 5, 2023 4:23 AM PDT
Birchwoman