Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 692604 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3450 on: April 05, 2023, 06:46:03 AM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons
Apr 5, 2023 6:43 AM
Camera Time: Apr 5, 2023 6:42 AM CDT
Birchwoman

From Chat:

CrisRO
21 minutes ago
3, 06:23 AM
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3451 on: April 05, 2023, 07:08:34 AM »

GOOD MORNING BEAKERS

67 degrees heading to 71  Thunderstorms moving in.  We had big thunderstorms last night around 10 PM

LORI   Pretty dramatic storm pics .  Hope all are OK

KAREN   Good to see Micky is there to get things organized for you.  Sounds like you may be getting some good assist.  Like your positive attitude  ;D ;D

PHYL   Thanks for the tips on the "dings"  ;)

Just put on the nest and there is a hatch.  Welcome to DH1
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 07:13:00 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3452 on: April 05, 2023, 07:22:00 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  And our Newbie karen!

The severe weather warnings turned out to be a dawdle, we got some rain but that's about it. Looks like the realy bad storms went southeast of Des Moines. 36 now, high 47. Next Wednesday will be 85! Hope that doesn't signal that we will go straight into Summer...  ::)

Lani, what a beautiful sunset on the desert! Every cat has a favorite spot, and sometimes they change them with no notice!

Phyl, love the easter egg lights, have never seen any like that! #7 and the GSB eggs, all is well. Love that springy bicycle!

oldguy, great Barred Own video, love Lesley's videos, her voice is so soothing...

tsk, I could see a couple of minor hail dings when we had that storm last August, but the swarm of 'hail damage fixers' said there were over a thousand dents. Of course, I couldn't see the top of my vehicle. Over $8,000 for insurance to have it fixed. Have you already had any of the 'swarm' stop by yet? They follow hail damage all over the country! Good suggestion from Phyl, see how long you have to file a claim with your insurance. Mine was a year.

kb, that tree at the Walborn Reservoir looks so desolate... I hate that so many nests were destroyed in that storm...so sad....

E4E, yes, it's Bella Day! Wonder what she has in store for today?

NEFL - Gabby and V3

TY Dianna Lambertson

LesleytheBirdNerd - My kindness toward this Male Downy Woodpecker all winter must not have gone unnoticed. 🖤🤍While with Inky and the other chickadees today he came and got my hand to take a peanut. It was so unexpected. 🥰

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #3453 on: April 05, 2023, 07:22:34 AM »

Terrible thing - had the post eater eat my post. . .

Warned this morning about our local weather bulletin, tsk.  Fortunately went from tornado warning to severe storm warning.  ABC/Traci even showed pics locals had sent in showing the 2" hail.  That would really leave some dents.  I hurried out to grab the paper before it floated away.  Hot rod will be hiding out in the garage today; I'll be reading.

Amusing posts about cats vs. cameras.  I'm always shaking my head when someone dresses and poses their kittie for pics.  Not the pain-in-the-Ash.  Not sure if there was a secret signal or maybe a smell - All I had to do was touch/pick up the camera and she'd be gone.  I even tried opening the lens and setting down, thought she was hearing the opening of the cam noise.  NOPE   All I did was wear down the battery.  An hour later she'd appear and look up at me with the smug smirk - are we done?

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3454 on: April 05, 2023, 07:24:26 AM »

Welcome back to the Beak Room Karen!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #3455 on: April 05, 2023, 08:22:40 AM »

Thanks clynn!  Mickey at the housewaiting for att tp repair the phone.  Think something happened in the rain the other day. She will then come here with a suitcase and we will pack up!
Lookong forward to getting home and getting in the shower!   Thejoys of modern plumbing!
Have a gooodday all!

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3456 on: April 05, 2023, 09:32:53 AM »

partly cloudy w/sun - high of 59

Morning Kb  :)

LisaG - How is it going over there? ;) :)

Tsk - If Tim takes the car in for the hail dings, hopefully the technician will only take care of the ones that are noticeable.  :)

Lori - Those storm images are scary - stay safe everyone.

Hi Tig, Baz, BL  :)

Phyl - Love your morning bicycle post - such a beautiful way to display Plants  :)   You are right about Dan - seems he is happy where he is! :)   Wonderful cam pics.

Karen - Sounds like you will be home soon - so happy for you! :)

Oldguy - Nice welcoming for Karen!

Lani - Gorgeous sunset pic!

Morning Clynn!  Great morning gifs!  I bet Bella will have some ideas for you!!  Have a fun & busy day with your little princess! ;D   Amazing pic by Lesleythebirdnerd  :)

Puff - Sorry about your post going 'poof'  :(  So frustrating when that happens.   I like your story of your cat & camera! Lol! ;D

Beakers have a nice day  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3457 on: April 05, 2023, 09:34:32 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Apr 5, 2023

From Chat:

There's been 'pip talk'.

Dave      Liv_Owl&Osprey
4 hours ago
Sbe
23:48:08
???

Liv_Owl&Osprey
8 hours ago
“Audi baby our egg is pipping!”

That is awesome news! sending prayers, I just read on their chat they think it's dirt. Keeping talons crossed.  :-*
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 09:37:24 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #3458 on: April 05, 2023, 09:40:31 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

I hope all who had storms last night are OK, and it looks like some more nasty weather today in Iowa!

E4E - Good new about Star...HUGS!  No kitties yet, but she looks like she is about to bust.   ;D

tsk - Oh no, on the dings on the Subaru! How exciting about DH1!! 

Lori - Those are some wicked looking clouds in the pics from last night. 

karen - So glad to hear that you are going back home, and that you will have some help.   :)

Phyl - Love those colored egg lights in your good night pic. Cute morning pic, so Springy!  Thanks for the cam pics. 

Lani - Gorgeous good night pic.  That is one thing Bandit never has done, get under my bed. 

clynn - It was 72 here yesterday, and today it is getting up to 80. Jeff said, crank up that AC if it gets too hot.  Have a great Bella day, looking forward to pics tonight.   :)

Puff - Oh no, sorry about your post!

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #3459 on: April 05, 2023, 10:50:47 AM »

Decorah Eagles home of HM & HD with little one and egg... Congratulations first hatch!
Early this AM

trying to hold up head

shift change very windy

breakfish came but didn't get fed yet

Where's breakfish?
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #3460 on: April 05, 2023, 10:56:48 AM »

Decorah Cuteness this morning...

oopsie and see little toes!!!
Screenshot (3254) by Lori D, on Flickr

Screenshot (3253) by Lori D, on Flickr

Screenshot (3256) by Lori D, on Flickr

Screenshot (3284) by Lori D, on Flickr

Screenshot (3283) by Lori D, on Flickr
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

« Reply #3461 on: April 05, 2023, 11:27:18 AM »

It's a bit nippy for the Easter bunny this morning, it was 21 degrees when we left for our walk.

Good morning Beakers,
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Lori, absolutely a heavenly sight to behold! Our Y nest has babies again!  :-*Thank you, darling pics and gifs.  :-*

Phyl, Thanks for nests updates... good suggestion for Tsk. Our Kansas agent suggested the same to Mike. And then he took them to our car dealership. They used a dent remover to repair the worse ones.

Tsk, you could also have Tim use a dent remover. They are available online and very cheap too, there are videos on youtube to show you how to repair them yourself.

Clynn, Enjoy Miss Bella Day!  ;D

Puff, sorry about your post... fun story of Ash and camera. How do they know? ...  I hope you're feeling better.

Karen, I'm very happy for you that you have Mickey and others ready to help and assist you. You will feel so good to be at home and have your things around you once again. What a wonderful Easter gift!  :-*

Lisa, Norman and Milo like to get under the bed and scratch the bottom of the mattress to wake me. They must lie on the back, with all fours clawing their way forwards and backwards under the bed. UGH! Also, Sadie becomes very angry and is ready to pounce on them the minute they poke their heads out. It's the 5am wake up call that happens once or twice a week during the summer.  :(

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #3462 on: April 05, 2023, 11:43:57 AM »

Royal Albatross - 4/5

SP chick was busy up the bank this morning, when a Harrier Hawk whizzed by in the background.

The Hawk is no threat to the Albatross chicks. You can read all about them here:
https://nzbirdsonline.org.nz/species/swamp-harrier
http://AllAboutBirds.org/Albatross

https://twitter.com/i/status/1643578039731892226

4/4 10:42
Guess who is in the 6 kg club?

South Plateau chick is 74 days old, and weighs 6.4kg

Could it have been Mum L's extra visit yesterday afternoon? 3 feeds in two days! Well done Mum!
https://twitter.com/i/status/1643175488461103105

Chick wasn't to sure but he can now be picked up like a big Alby too. Thank you DOC Rangers.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1643161791516790788

Puff

« Reply #3463 on: April 05, 2023, 12:45:09 PM »

LANI   Lisa, Norman and Milo like to get under the bed and scratch the bottom of the mattress to wake me. They must lie on the back, with all fours clawing their way forwards and backwards under the bed. UGH! Also, Sadie becomes very angry and is ready to pounce on them the minute they poke their heads out. It's the 5am wake up call that happens once or twice a week during the summer.  :(

The bottom of the mattress has gotto be a disaster at this point!   ???

P

oldguy

« Reply #3464 on: April 05, 2023, 12:54:10 PM »

The first eaglet for HM & HD is here, now the wait for #2  8)

It was an uneventful evening weather wise here - no strong winds and only .06 of rain - temp dropped to 40 by this morning and only expecting 50 for a high.  10 day forecast is showing 3 days of 80s next week.

https://www.gocomics.com/garfield/2023/04/05

Smoke on the Water – Steam Iron and 2 Electric Toothbrushes   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N16Fdx9Z9Ik
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah