Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471063 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2700 on: March 14, 2023, 07:19:46 AM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
Mar 14, 2023 7:14 AM
Camera Time: Mar 14, 2023 7:14 AM CDT

Newman: according to chat, he and looks like  Savannah 'spent the night together'.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2701 on: March 14, 2023, 07:23:12 AM »

Mar 14, 2023 7:20 AM
Camera Time: Mar 14, 2023 7:19 AM CDT

What did he catch?

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2702 on: March 14, 2023, 07:27:16 AM »

Mar 14, 2023 7:23 AM
Camera Time: Mar 14, 2023 7:23 AM CDT

Mar 14, 2023 7:23 AM
Camera Time: Mar 14, 2023 7:23 AM CDT
LisaP - SoMuchNature2Watch!

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2703 on: March 14, 2023, 07:31:15 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Mar 14, 2023 7:29 AM
Camera Time: Mar 14, 2023 5:28 AM PDT

Audi (Audacity) rolls #7

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2704 on: March 14, 2023, 07:35:46 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Mar 14, 2023 7:29 AM
Camera Time: Mar 14, 2023 5:29 AM PDT

Settling  back down to keep "Lucky 7' warm

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2705 on: March 14, 2023, 07:38:21 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Mar 14, 2023 7:36 AM
Camera Time: Mar 14, 2023 7:35 AM CDT

The Flyaway  says 'Good Morning'

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #2706 on: March 14, 2023, 07:39:22 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Lani - Love the Irish Proverb

E4E - Hope all goes well with your Mom's appointment this morning.  I bet Star is happy you are home.  How is she doing?

BL - Love the Snowbus!

Phyl - I have yet to go to the Aldi's near us.  I have been to Lidl's, which is sort of like an Aldi's.
Thanks for the RRP blog posts.  Great pics from the cams.  Everything went ok at doc appt. yesterday, thanks for asking.  :)

tsk - I LOVED the popcorn!  I bought 3 bags, and I am glad I did.  I will be back for more!!  ;D

I think Bandit might be getting use to her...LOL

Phyl

« Reply #2707 on: March 14, 2023, 07:49:40 AM »

Lisa so glad all went well accross the bridge. Aldi's is just a step 'lower'  than Trader Joe's, which for some reason we don't have in Nashville.
Just love the photo of your kitties---looking good you two---I think Misty's working her 'magic' on Bandit.  Girls so that. LOL
Ages ago, the dentist said I'm not suppose to eat popcorn. So I haven't in 30 years. Luv the smell though.
Nice  festive sprinkles on the cocoa

Eagles pls keep us posted on  y our mom.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 07:57:49 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #2708 on: March 14, 2023, 07:56:28 AM »

Lisa so glad all went well accross the bridge. Aldi's is just a step 'lower'  than Trader Joe's, which for some reason we don't have in Nashville.
Just love the photo of your kitties---looking good you two---I think Misty's working her 'magic' on Bandit.  Girls so that. LOL
Ages ago, the dentist said I'm not suppose to eat popcorn. So I haven't in 30 years. Luv the smell though.

Phyl, we made an appointment for a vet visit next week to have Misty checked out, see how old she might be, and what vaccines/blood work she may need.  She does not like to be picked up and held, so we are working with her everyday, just to get her use to that feeling.  We will definitely need to use the towel method that Lani suggested, to either get her in carrier, or just bring her in vets office.  She wants nothing to do with the carrier when we try to put her in it.   

Phyl

« Reply #2709 on: March 14, 2023, 08:02:24 AM »

Phyl, we made an appointment for a vet visit next week to have Misty checked out, see how old she might be, and what vaccines/blood work she may need.  She does not like to be picked up and held, so we are working with her everyday, just to get her use to that feeling.  We will definitely need to use the towel method that Lani suggested, to either get her in carrier, or just bring her in vets office.  She wants nothing to do with the carrier when we try to put her in it.
Hmmm, wonder if  her last time in carrier was to get dropped off and abandoned (?)  .  A puzzle,  her life was like before she came your way.
Pats on the back for taking a kitty off the streets.

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2710 on: March 14, 2023, 08:07:19 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, I agree with you, Dad never would have won, Mom always got her way!  ;D  I was not expecting what came up in An Artist and his Art! Oh my goodness, that baby's face will be red for a while!  Can't stop laughing!  ;D ;D ;D  Good advice, a good laugh and a good sleep! Maybe I'll watch that Tweet before I go to bed tonight!

E4E, that's probably the worst of time changes, losing 2 hours flying and another hour when you hit the ground!

BL, so you got a LOT of snow?

Phyl, awww, the sweet kitty with the Irish hat on... Thanks for Amy's Blog, love reading it! Good pic of Newman, hope he had a good night!  ;D Wouldn't it be great to wake up rich? More great pics, and you caught some action... ;D  Beautiful sunrise on the flyway! And Lucky #7!

Lori, oh no, I hate hearing that you and your Dad are sick... please take very good care of yourselves!

Lisa, well, now I have to get some of that popcorn! Maybe Bandit is looking forward to snuggling with Misty....it's very interesting to watch how they progress!

baz, love the pics of the kids, so fun watching them all grow!

oldguy, the videos of the snow and the rescues are so good to watch, we need more people like those guys in this world! As usual, I had to check out one of the videos on the side, this one is drone views of the San Bernadino snow.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfT4C88rd1U

Friends of Minnesota Nongame Eagle Cam - Brenda Scandin  ·  Hey Nancy you are looking very frosty this morning!

SWFL - Tense moments in the nest today as an intruder eagle was in hot persuit while M delivered a fish. The visiting eagle lands in the nest, taunts E21 and then finally after the fish is consumed by M and E22, leaves the nest tree with only the carcass.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2711 on: March 14, 2023, 08:16:47 AM »

HI BEAKERS

21 heading to 34 and sunny  :)

PHYL   Didn't know Aldi owned Trader Joes.  :o  Thanks for Amy's latest blogs.  Really like that we are tracking some goldens  :)  Looks like Sauces #7 is still hanging in there. Beautiful flyway sunrise  :D

LANI   An artist and his art  :o :o :o ;D ;D  Great Irish proverb.  ;D  I don't belly laugh enough!!!

LISA   LOLOL  We usually buy 3 bags at a time as well. ;D ;D ;D   Another good photo of the 2 BFFs  LOL  Does Misty ever indicate that she wants to go outside?     

CLYNN  I remain fascinated with the coverage of that storm.  Just  cant' imagine it.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #2712 on: March 14, 2023, 11:07:18 AM »

tsk - I probably could have ate one bag by myself last night, but I want to take my time...LOL
No, Misty has not once tried to go back out.  Bandit was forever trying to get out, and still tries to when he gets a chance. 

clynn - Yes, get the popcorn!  At the moment, they are laying on the couch, but on separate ends.   ;D  Frosty feathers at lots of nest this morning...good pic from MN DNR!  Poor M, its like he is feeding his kiddos and others who follow him for food!

Phyl - Thanks for the pat on back.  :D

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2713 on: March 14, 2023, 11:10:43 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning.Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Clynn, great morning posts! Another amazing video of the communities, especially the couple and dog that had a ladder to get to their home. That's pretty high up to get to their home. Breathtaking scenes. I wish that SWFL female intruder would just go away, especially after the last owl attack. M15 is doing an amazing job, protecting and feeding his eaglets.

Tsk, I hope you're feeling a bit stronger and better today.  :-*

Lisa, great pic of the twosome staring at each other.  ;D. I think Misty's presence will give Bandit a boost of energy and brain power. Just read your comment to Tsk, glad to hear Misty is content.  :-*

Phyl, nice update pics, beautiful morning flyaway scene.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #2714 on: March 14, 2023, 11:41:31 AM »

Clarification on Aldi and Trader Joe's
Kari  and Theo Albrecht started the business in 1946 when they took over their Mothers store.  In 1960 the brothers could not agree on selling tobacco products, so Theo took over the stores in the northern part of Germany (Aldi Nord) and Kari the southern (Aldi Sud).  They have been independent of each other since 1962 when they changed the name to ALDI  (Albrecht Discount).  Theo bought Trader Joes in 1979, only 2 years after it was founded.  As both businesses expanded outside of Germany, the store names were slightly different for each country and the 2 brothers did not compete against each other except in the US.
After the 2 brothers retired and/or died the businesses were inherited by members of the Albrecht families.  Some of them own shares in both Aldi Nord (Aldi Einkauf GmbH & Co.) and Aldi Sud (ALDI SÜD Dienstleistungs-SE & Co).  Control, financially and legally of the 2 businesses have been separate since 1966.  Some family members have ownership in both businesses, but not all of them. The family members are shareholders as opposed to owners.
The 2 businesses sometimes use the same vendors that supply product for them, but with separate brand names.  Both businesses require that the vendor's info is not revealed.
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah