Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470524 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2595 on: March 11, 2023, 05:19:29 AM »

Lani I got up early just so I could catch these for you.  ;D   Just kidding---my back woke me up as it often does. I just decided to catch some animal and bird action etc.

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Mar 11, 2023 5:03 AM
Camera Time: Mar 11, 2023 3:03 AM PST
Birchwoman

Audacity had been preening and stretching

Mar 11, 2023 5:05 AM
Camera Time: Mar 11, 2023 3:04 AM PST

Threre 'he' is, Lucky #7.
Wow. I've already have the gender figured out.  ::)
I want this to be a male, soooo badly. We shall see...
https://files.explore.org/sn/1970/9/13/20230311T110459_1705085.ts.jpg

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Mar 11, 2023 5:07 AM
Camera Time: Mar 11, 2023 3:06 AM PST

Back to sleep.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2596 on: March 11, 2023, 05:20:50 AM »

The pet parent's caption to this:
"She looked at me like "u still love me right?"

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #2597 on: March 11, 2023, 05:37:55 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....It's Caturday!!!

Phyl - Cute lil pots of shamrocks last night.  We would like to make her strictly an indoor kitty.  There is still other kitties hanging around the B&B outside.  I will continue to feed them, but I am not bringing them inside.  We bought a new B&B that is arriving either today or Monday.

tsk - We cannot imagine this kitty belonged to anyone else, as it is very skittish.  We are going to take it to the vet, as soon as it lets us pick her up.  When we try, she hisses at us and jumps out of our arms.  I told Jeff it cannot be a year old, as it is small.  We did not let her out last night, and it used the litter box! 

Lani - Yes, that is Misty B&B Kitty.   I agree, I think Bandit is OK with the kitty, cause it is female.  I don't think he would have tolerated a male.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2598 on: March 11, 2023, 06:51:57 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  Caturday!

Lisa, I bet it won't be long before you find Bandit and Misty curled up together.  If she was gray you could have named her Smokey! I am always amazed at how cats can keep their white fur so white! Great pics on FB!

Phyl, awww that kitty is so sweet... Good news on #7 at Sauces!! I think if it was going to break it would have by now. The cat puking alarm clock, yes, that would work. But it is extremely rare that you make it in time to get the cat off the carpet...  30 now, high 35 today. Some snow, 1-3" but it will be like Thursday. Wet and melty...

Lani, yeah, I was disappointed that neither of the Valors have been spotted at the old Trio nest site... Maybe they will if Starr shows up!

Guinness World Record Holder for Longest Fur on a Cat - Colonel Meow

« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 06:54:10 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2599 on: March 11, 2023, 07:52:19 AM »

ITS CATURDAY EVERYONE

35 -37 degrees today and cloudy

PHYL   Funny - alarm clock that sounds like "vomit"   ::) ::)

LISA   Interesting how Misty knew to use the litter box.  Can't wait to see how this all unfolds.

CLYNN      LOLOL  Pope kitty.  So funny.  I wonder how Guiness determines the longest haired cat?
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #2600 on: March 11, 2023, 10:00:35 AM »

clynn - I hope they will become friends.  I think it is going to take Bandit a lil while to adjust.  I think he likes her, but just don't come too close.  LOL

tsk - Yes, we thought it was odd too, that she knew how to use litter box.  We did leave them alone while we went out to the grocery this morning, and no one hurt each other.  :D

kbshcb

« Reply #2601 on: March 11, 2023, 10:22:48 AM »

https://www.fieldandstream.com/conservation/invasive-hippos-columbia/

Lisa - Love your cat story and how well things are going for you..

At least you don't have hippos roaming around your neighborhood ;) ;)

and once again it's snowing....through tomorrow....

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2602 on: March 11, 2023, 11:01:04 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning.Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Tsk, I hope this is a good day for you  :-*.

Kb, good story about hippos  ;D  You know if I lived in Florida or in gator states. I would almost prefer a hippo floating around.. but, I bet Baz would disagree and I would understand  ;D. ... the sun is rising earlier so we head out for our morning walks at 6:15am. A new pup is in our neighborhood and looks just like the Ollie man, very sweet dog. Though Sadie isn't a very sociable dog when she's walking with her pack. She's a suspicious thing. I wish she was more open to new pups. There is a six month old chocolate lab named Ranger and a sweet year old Scottish Terrier named Lily, I'd love her to warm up to. but no luck.

Clynn, great morning posts! Colonel Meow and the Pope!  ;D

Lisa, Milo and Norman were rescued feral cats when I picked them up from humane society 2018. It took a year before Milo would let me pet him and just these last few months, he's starting to cuddle near me and want to be petted. But, if I try to pick him up he pushes away. And oh what a talker he is! YAK YAK YAK! Especially when Mike gets up in the morning and he's getting ready for the day. I can hear Milo just chatting up a storm in the bathroom to Mike.  ;D. ... B&K sent me a link to their gallery this morning. The photographer really did an excellent job of setting the scenes, very natural and there's a happy lightness in the photos. Kelly has beautiful hands.... about Misty using the litter box. I've had 12 rescue cats, and everyone one of them immediately knew to use the litter boxes, never had a problem about that. Though, at one time I had 4-5 little boxes available in the basement for my 10-12. I have 2 for Milo and Norman, one large bin in home and the other in garage. They use both at different times. Males cats are especially territorial, that's why I think Bandit will do well with Misty. When she trusts you use the towel system to get her in the carrier. Sorry, for yakking too much today!  ;D

Phyl, it's not necessary to lose sleep on my account to post your update pics, but thanks... poor Sauces mom 🙏🏼
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #2603 on: March 11, 2023, 11:39:31 AM »

Lani - Oh I love hearing when peeps see doppelganger Ollie men!.....sounds like Sadie wouldn't allow you to take a pic but if you get an opportunity, I'd love to see it.

Tonight is move your clocks forward night, ;).....for us that means darker again in the morning.

Tell me as I forgot, you in AZ don't do that right?

Phyl

« Reply #2605 on: March 11, 2023, 11:48:51 AM »

Phyl, it's not necessary to lose sleep on my account to post your update pics, but thanks... poor Sauces mom 🙏🏼

You're sooooo funny! ROTFL---no person  keeps me up at night.   I was 'kidding' around.  ;)

#IstandwithEvan

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2606 on: March 11, 2023, 11:58:18 AM »

bounce

Great selection T40... thanx

Some tasks, some resting. I think a trip to the bold north is in the cards...

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #2607 on: March 11, 2023, 12:47:56 PM »

Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead an hour---before bed tonight or first 'thing' Sunday AM

8 Things You May Not Know About Daylight Saving Time
The idea has nothing to do with farmers, for one thing.

https://www.history.com/news/8-things-you-may-not-know-about-daylight-saving-time?cmpid=email-hist-inside-history-onequestion-2022-0310-03102023&om_rid=

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2608 on: March 11, 2023, 02:10:55 PM »

KB   Invasive hippos - that's a new one!

LANI  That cat has my attitude today  LOL  Some new feet and ankle swelling so am laying low today. ::)   You have met some very cool dogs on your walk.  Kind of fun  :)   Gee  I didn't know you've had 12 rescue cats.  Good going!

T40  Cats sensing earthquake  :o      LOLOL  Kitten problem    Dog covering the treat on his leg  LOLOL    Dog putting goldfish back in bowl  :o
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #2609 on: March 11, 2023, 02:47:11 PM »

kb - LOL, I am sure if there was a hippo roaming the neighborhood, Jeff would want one! 

Lani - Never be sorry for yakking, I appreciate it.  We will definitely try to towel system.  Misty is a talker too, and is constantly meowing.  Bandit has never been a talker. 

T40 - Thanks for the videos, as always!

tig - The bold north...where are you headed?

Phyl and kb - Thanks for the, Don't forget to turn your clocks reminder!

tsk - I was getting ready to ask how you are feeling, but I see your comment to Lani.  ((HUGS))!

Have to share a funny pic that Jeff took earlier.
This picture shows the enthusiasm Bandit has for Misty.