Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471384 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2025 on: February 23, 2023, 08:00:20 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

37 heading to 42  cloudy with blustery winds

Hope everyone made it through the storms OK

PHYL   Right " hunky-dory"  ;)  Sweet hummers ready to embrace the world  :)  Underwater photography has always impressed me.  Sea dragon and eggs  :o :o

OLDGUY   Enjoyed the beaver piece.  Amazing creature.   Cute cuddle with Maru and Hana  ;)   Well Brandon is on his way  ;D   Liked your "good night"  :)

PUFF   Beavers are the chainsaws of the animal world  ;) ;)  Haven't caught all the news yet but think our Northern and Northwest suburbs took a hit with power outages.  Sure wish I had my rain gauge out to get the final rain total.

CLYNN  Very inspirational and positive saying this AM.  :-*  I've not heard of those Nano towels. ???  Sure do remember 2011   Pileated is stunning.  Great shot by Dana

CONGRATULATIONS BRADLEY AND KELLY

Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #2026 on: February 23, 2023, 08:45:53 AM »

MN DNR nest....incubating 2 eggs and snow not over yet...pic an hour ago.

Have no idea how much snow we've gotten since yesterday morning's lull...started around 3 pm and hasn't stopped yet...I removed 5 inches before yesterday's start of round 2 and I shoveled 2 on Monday.
the reason it won't be accurate measurement even by my eye is the wind drifts...winds have been strong most of this storm..
Apple Valley has 18 inches at the moment...just south of me.

All I know is I can't open 2 of 3 doors...one is protected by a roof and 5 sweeps last night for Ollie. that's the front door I'll be able to open..

It's tough to own a dog that does need to pee..

At some point today/tonight Trevor will snowblow my driveway....the rest might have to wait as my other thumb is swollen today.

Of all the joints in my body, thumbs are not ones I'd think to worry about shoveling, LOL...but here we are.

Have a great and happy day today Lisa.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2027 on: February 23, 2023, 08:55:45 AM »

Morning eagle buddies

LisaG - My thoughts are with all of you on this lovely, special wedding day for Bradley & Kelly {{hugs for all}} :-*

Oldguy - Great links as always; love the Quarantine kids singing Forever Young. :)  Wow the close up on the Beaver is amazing and he does it so quickly  :o

Lani - I think we are having similar weather right now; Our nearby Mts got some snow yesterday, and it was windy.  Today we are getting some showers; temp is 36.  Like your good night pic.

Phyl - Enjoy your warmth today  8)  Love the Aryana hummers  :)

Puff - Stay inside and keep warm  :)

Clynn - Like all the pics  :)

Tsk - Pretty wedding cake for Bradley & Kelly!

Kb - MN DNR pic  :o ::)   Thank goodness Trevor will be over there later.  Poor Ollie - hope that weather subsides real soon.

Lori - How are you doing this morning? {{Lori}}

Morning Tig, BL, Baz, T40  :)

Beakers have a nice day.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2028 on: February 23, 2023, 09:03:20 AM »

Congratulations Bradley & Kelly

Puff

« Reply #2029 on: February 23, 2023, 09:04:19 AM »

Do they know there will be hundreds attending their wedding event today?  Virtually that is. Scary thought.

Rain here I'd guess about 1".  I noticed Tues when I made feeder fillings that the heated water bowl was down to almost-gone range.  Checked this a.m. and it looks about 1", very unofficial.  Stowed my guage, too.  Puddles seen in grass; dip in front sidewalk has water.  Pics on WGN an hour ago showed icy trees etc, damages from ice and wind, fog - I will not complain.  Wind is suppose to be bad this afternoon.  Hang on to your capados.

P   

kbshcb

« Reply #2030 on: February 23, 2023, 09:22:32 AM »

Ha!...Trevor is here.

This storm is tough on machinery.....Last night his truck broke and this morning his big snowblower broke.
So, he's hand shoveling near the house, using a smaller snowblower and taking his time. Also using his Dad's truck to haul his equipment.

I asked if he could come back in a few days to hand shovel my decks and he said he'd see what he could do. Probably..

In the meantime I'll try to get at least one of the doors in back open enough for Ollie or he'll now use the front.

Let's hope his small snowblower will work out....yep, it just started...he said it takes about an hour or twice as long

Puff

« Reply #2031 on: February 23, 2023, 09:23:50 AM »

WOW  kb Fox weatherman, local in Minn said 16" there, 12" west of town, but I think you're north of Minn?  Also not good news for -20 wind chill tonight with strong winds.

I also know thumb/hand conditions.  Use right thumb, which doesn't bend and is calcified, to open flip-top cans.  Not funny on my end.  Both hands no longer useful.  That's why I donated away my knitting/needlepoint/craft stuff.  Yep, I know your issues here.

On the positive side - unlike Ollie - I don't have a peeing problem.  I for sure don't have to use outside.    ;D

P

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2032 on: February 23, 2023, 09:32:22 AM »

bounce
Was glad for the team we had yesterday and will hopefully have today. I felt great last night actually. Taking a couple pain pills and applying "heat" rub to my low back and knees before I went out really helped.
KB... glad you have help. Hugs.
Lisa... Have a wonderful day!
Lori... How are you doing?
All... Be safe
TSK... The openings are just big enough for the Cardinals to enter. The brick will hopefully prevent the squirrels from moving it.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #2033 on: February 23, 2023, 10:03:24 AM »

Puff - I'm right on the boundary of South Minneapolis..the further south you go in Hennepin county, the more snow you got.

I need to go out sometime today and remake Ollie paths in front...a semicircle from driveway...snow blowed in..or, Ollie will have to pee and poo on the driveway!..

Getting real cold tomorrow so best find a way today..wind blowing hard now, snow off roofs blowing back down on my driveway...but basically one could back out or drive in...don't know why anyone would do that but?

kbshcb

« Reply #2034 on: February 23, 2023, 10:37:54 AM »

Posted 15 hours ago in Shakopee MN...south of me.

When we grew up and many fewer cars kids would just hang on to a bumper and slide in their boots..but, this is a guy on skis and a rope..

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2035 on: February 23, 2023, 10:42:18 AM »

bounce

I estimate we have received 17 inches over the three day period. Here are some pics from this a.m.
1. View from our back door toward driveway. You can see how much snow is on top of the recycling bin, along side the lighted deer sculptures and drifted over the sidewalk (the orange safety cones mark uneven sections of walk that heave up or down during severe temperature change)... all of which were totally clear yesterday afternoon.
2. View from our kitchen window of the scene under our large evergreen. You can see how much snow is on top of the new ground feeder, even though it is under the tree. A Junco on the bank.
3. One bird (sparrow?) inside the feeder, one outside.

KB - there is fun... until something awful happens. Yipes
BBL
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 10:43:53 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2036 on: February 23, 2023, 10:48:37 AM »

WOW  kb Fox weatherman, local in Minn said 16" there, 12" west of town, but I think you're north of Minn?  Also not good news for -20 wind chill tonight with strong winds.

I also know thumb/hand conditions.  Use right thumb, which doesn't bend and is calcified, to open flip-top cans.  Not funny on my end.  Both hands no longer useful.  That's why I donated away my knitting/needlepoint/craft stuff.  Yep, I know your issues here.

On the positive side - unlike Ollie - I don't have a peeing problem.  I for sure don't have to use outside.    ;D

P

{{{Hugs Puff}}}  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #2037 on: February 23, 2023, 10:59:30 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

{{{Tig}}} The new ground feeder is perfect, you and Camper are St Francis angels, bless you both... take care of yourself too.

Eagles, love your morning gif!  ;D I felt like my good night cat last night. I had just completed my committee reports and clicked send. I took a quick shut eye on my desk before I started my Beak post. Then I kept cat napping throughout LOL! We woke up to snow, the sun is trying to break through the clouds, we're supposed to get more.

Tsk, pretty cake for Bradley and Kelly  :)

Kb, YIKES! I pray it stops snowing soon for MNR eagles and all! ... good luck Trevor and Ollie  :)

Clynn, glad your back is better... I wish R23-3 would stay away. She kicks the eaglets, takes their food away, no sign she will accept Harriet's eaglets.  :'(. No peace or willingness to share or to be positive at that nest.

Phyl, no more room at the inn for the hummer babies.... interesting article/ pics about the Sea Dragons and Octopus.

Puff, interesting Beaver video, the sounds, look of determination and looking up at the camera was fascinating to watch.

This link provides info and a video about what to expect at the start of post guard and the curious juveniles.
https://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/albatrosses/royal-albatross-toroa/royal-cam/what-to-expect/#Mar-Apr

I think this is the first night chick is left alone - cam Live.   https://www.allaboutbirds.org/cams/royal-albatross/#
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #2038 on: February 23, 2023, 11:07:49 AM »

TRR NEW ARRIVALS:

Pele, a three-fingered sloth: arrived as an orphan baby. She likes different kinds of leaves. Ficus leaves are her favorites!

Sloth Pre-School Updates:

Geo, the two-fingered sloth: Is climbing more and being more active after he finishes his treatment. We are happy to see him feeling better.
Coco, the two-fingered sloth: She is doing great. She can’t be far from Geo, as usual.
Landon, the two-fingered sloth: He’s doing great. He will spend more time practicing his climbing skills in our rehabilitation areas.
Robin, the three-fingered sloth: Started physical therapy. We’re giving him daily massages and making sure he practices climbing constantly. We hope this will improve his mobility.
Pax, the two-fingered sloth: He is growing and gaining weight.
Liana, the two-fingered sloth: She is doing great, growing and gaining weight as well. She and Pax like to play and explore!
Roo: He is almost ready to get out of the incubator; we'll keep him a little more to ensure he’s stable.

In Loving Memory:
We are sad to share that these babies did not make it.
Tigger: has passed away due to necrotic intestines from the electrocution.
Kanga: has passed away due to a cardiorespiratory failure.

Feeding time - Mine, No Mine!  :-*

Good morning Robin  :-*

Hello there handsome!  ;D

kbshcb

« Reply #2039 on: February 23, 2023, 11:10:36 AM »

Ta Da..I made a pee path..the snow was taller than my knees where previously it was grass for Ollie in the semi circle.

The piles along my driveway are now as tall as me..and that brown pole is way taller than me..