Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 774925 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2010 on: February 22, 2023, 11:44:27 PM »

Well, the storm is over for us in Iowa City - we had some ice accumulations on the trees that stayed all day, but ground, roads, decks and cars all melted off by 1pm - about .4 inches of rain for the day - no snow....  Temps held from 32 to 34 all day and expected to remain there until tomorrow afternoon - dropping to 14 by Friday morning.

Beaver chews through tree limb: close up footage: See how beavers do it!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOXIpsoEo2w

Cat's cuddle nap   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzrXHr4wLlo

The Q-Kids play this one for grandma for her birthday...
Quarantine Kids play "Forever Young"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UtUwLQjLlg

Now for music class  ::)
This young boy performed at the Lincoln Center at the age of 10 - read some of the comments from people who new him...
Brandon with Monty Alexander-1 of 2-Fly Me to the Moon   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8WLtXr0K0g

He is now 17 and leads a 3 piece Jazz Band...
Brandon Goldberg Trio - Ninety Six   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4bro2sg3c
His Website   -   https://brandongoldbergpiano.com/

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2011 on: February 22, 2023, 11:50:01 PM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #2012 on: February 22, 2023, 11:52:54 PM »

Northern Royal Albatross New Zealand South Island Cornell Labs

Royal Albatross Chick's First Solo Bout At Nest Is Short And Sweet | DOC | Cornell Labhttps://youtu.be/smZyQ7YWTaMvia cornell lab bird cams

The time has come for the Royal Albatross chick to spend some time at the nest alone! Watch the female (named "L") take off from the headland, leaving her 33-day-old nestling in charge at the nest site for the first time on February 22. In this case, L quickly returned to her guard duties, but this moment is a sign that the chick has grown old enough to enter the "post-guard" stage.

Soon, the chick will spend the most of the nestling period alone at the nest area. As the chick gets bigger it will need more food. To satisfy the hungry youngster, both adults hit the open ocean in search of food and only return to land during feedings.

The Royal Cam was set up in January 2016 by the Department of Conservation and the Cornell Lab has been collaborating with DOC since 2019 to bring the cam to life. To learn more while watching, view the cam at

https://www.doc.govt.nz/royalcam

Lori, I love this family. This baby is very confident little thing....  Be sure to post this in the Royal Albatross link.  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #2013 on: February 22, 2023, 11:53:44 PM »

Written by a local city rescuer of cats and dogs...

absolutely, and then some...

;D

Lani

« Reply #2014 on: February 22, 2023, 11:57:15 PM »

For not only KB but this is the single best item I have ever bought.  With this cloth all you need is water - wring cloth out very dry and wipe
I use this for my inside car windows, inside house windows, mirrors - It is magic!  Use over and over and wash and reuse.  saves a ton on paper towels.

https://www.amazon.com/Microfiber-Surface-Friendly-Environmentally-Appliances/dp/B076CYV9SL/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=3HECSC4L8MIOD&keywords=streak+free+glass+cleaner&qid=1677083531&sprefix=streak%2Caps%2C103&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFMWDA0NTk0VkdVM0smZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA4Mzc4MTcxVzgxWk1KUUdDRUk5JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxNzUwNzIxRVVPU1kxWU9QS1BKJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

That cloth looks about the same as Norwex EnviroCloth that costs $16.99 for one. Norwex is sold at parties similar to PamperedChef

Tig..... I'm a veeeerrrrry slow learner so you would have to demonstrate a lot and then my short term memory is shot so you would have to demonstrate again and again. ;D ;D

This picture was taken a few hours later. Everything was lost in the garage. The one corner of the house was where my photo albums were at and we had time to take the albums out of the house. Two young guys were driving on 35w and saw the garage totally in flames and drove to the next exit and found their way to the house. They pounded on bedroom windows to wake us up and at that time the fire hadn't started on the house. We have pictures because our camera still worked.

Oh my blschue, terrible   :(

Lani

« Reply #2015 on: February 23, 2023, 12:14:05 AM »

tig - Sounds like you had a busy day. 

kb - 6ft fence  ;D

baz - Waving to ya! 

Lori - Thank you for the Royal update!

If I don't get a chance to pop in tomorrow morning, or at some point, see you all on Friday!

Have a good night, everyone!!

Lisa and Jeff, sending warm wishes to you both and family for a lovely day of celebration and joy! And wishing a lifetime of love and happiness for Bradley, Kelly and baby makes three! God Bless.

Lani

« Reply #2016 on: February 23, 2023, 12:26:34 AM »

Tsk, I love microfiber magic cloths! Use them every day!  ;D

Tig, "Free Snow Shoveling Class" LOLOLOL very smart  ;D. You and Camper have a good night's sleep... brilliant cardinal feeder!  ;D

{{{Hugs Lori}}} Ouch! Did you put ice on it? I bet you had a headache...  I hope you're okay tonight! Oh poor Decorah North Dad, he's doing a good job of keeping his egg protected.... I hope Spring comes soon for you and our Beakers!

Kb, I hope you rest and sleep well tonight after today!

Phyl, Oh mama take care tonight! Praying for warm weather to melt the snow.

Eagles, We've had gusty winds, rain, sleet, hail, snow, sun, then back to snow, and it's snowing tonight. My weather app says its 31 but feels like 25... Sadie and the cats are snuggled in bed and I'll be there soon.  ;D

Oldguy, thanks for links.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for SWFL Dad and eaglets, and Harriets return.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2017 on: February 23, 2023, 06:03:37 AM »

Happy wedding day Bradley and Kelly...

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Puff

« Reply #2018 on: February 23, 2023, 06:13:22 AM »

Beaver chews through tree limb: close up footage: See how beavers do it!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOXIpsoEo2w

Close up and personal - nail biting to an extreme.  I wonder if and when they ever have teeth break or fall out?  What then?  Implants?  :D

P

Phyl

« Reply #2019 on: February 23, 2023, 06:20:50 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !

We have 66 F and cloudy .  High of  80 F partly sunny.  Evening/night 44 F.

Hi Lilbro

Hi Karen, Pink, bbgolden and Nrstooge

Hi {{Tsk}}

Clynn and how are you?

Lori how are you this morning? Did you ice up?, go to ER?

Lisa I hope you can  take the day ...get ready for your son's wedding . Allowing all the wonderful memories of his life to resurface; enjoy every single moment of the ceremony. A wedding aside from the signatures,  vows and  the pronouncement ...is essentially a 'party'.  ;)   

Lani  awww  ragged-eared kitty reading his novel   

Oldguy  take care on that ice.  Beavers, look at those orange chisel sharp teeth! So that's how they do that. Maru and the gang. Q kids,  ;)
Nice graphic

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #2020 on: February 23, 2023, 06:28:15 AM »

Aryana Hummingbird
Feb 22, 2023 5:41 PM
Camera Time: Feb 22, 2023 3:40 PM

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #2021 on: February 23, 2023, 06:30:50 AM »

Thinking of all the dads in the Animal Kingdom like our devoted M15.

Sea dragon dad glues his brood to his tail for safekeeping, stunning image shows

Sea dragon dads and octopus moms are the extreme marine parents we need, winning photos show.
https://www.livescience.com/sea-dragon-dad-glues-his-brood-to-his-tail-for-safekeeping-stunning-image-shows?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=6587F6A3-3357-48E6-98CC-22937A1F815E&utm_source=SmartBrief

#Istandwith Evan

Puff

« Reply #2022 on: February 23, 2023, 06:39:38 AM »

Reading all the reports and watching local news, it looks it looks like we got away from all the serious stuff.  No ice, wind not bad yet, rain - no puddles on the road, didn't even get down to 32 (now 36).  Here I didn't even roll out garbage containers for pickup today.  Didn't have much of anything in either one.  I'm wondering how you made out tsk.  (She's a bit north of me.  Closer to O'Hare.  No massive delays/cancellations there.)

Big road delay/crash on I55 half mile from me has one direction away from city closed for rush.  West and northwest areas ice power outage.  Strong winds promised (?) for later today.  Love working at home.

Hoping for good weather for the day, for the family Lisa.  Enjoy!  Enjoy!

P

« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 06:49:25 AM by Puff »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2023 on: February 23, 2023, 07:00:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

26 right now, high today is 25!   :o :o We got some freezing rain last night, no snow.

Phyl, my back feels good, it just needed some rest. Wow, what an interesting picture, the octopus with the tiny babies!  The hummer babies are about to burst out of their nest!

Puff, Lani, I also agree, the book banning is getting ridiculous.

Lani, sounds like you have had quite the mix of weather! Just cold here, some freezing rain last night. I love the microfiber cloths too, I have the Nano Towels. A friend at work recommended them, and I even bought a second set!  Now I see they have a Nano Glove! I use them all over, and they are wonderful for the car windows! Honey has her favorite place where she can watch the birds and she always sneezes on the sliding doors, so I have to clean it often. Our little Albatross baby is growing up! I hate thinking of them being left alone, but that is their way and it seems to work! At least it does in the protected area they are in.  Sweet cat, wonder what he is reading...Bob the Street Cat?

kb, the 3 foot fence...  ;D ;D  Any idea how much more snow you got?

blschue, what a terrible picture of your house...very sad.  I shudder to think what might have happened if those guys had just gone on by when they saw the fire... When did this happen?  Glad you had time to get your pictures out!

I checked the Decorah nests, Mom North looks good, not a terrible amount of snow. We have seen worse!  I will always remember the first year of watching Decorah, (when we could still watch at work.) I got to work and brought up the cam site. It was all white, covered with snow and we were all holding our breath... as the snow slid down on the camera lense we could see both Mom and Dad together protecting the very young eaglets.  It was April 19, 2011.

oldguy, very interesting, watching the beaver get his log!  Maur and Hana snuggling....

Lori, oh no Girl!!! You aren't supposed to fall down! How are you feeling, did you go to the urgent care?  And you still managed to get those pictures for us... You take care!!

Lisa, hoping you and Jeff have a wonderful day!

tsk, I love the microfiber towels too! I am going to order the glove today, I think it will be wonderful for the inside of the car window!

Dana Schroeder

Southwest Florida Eagle Cam - In tonight’s update of “As the Eagle World Turns’… M and the new visitor attempted a bond this evening. This is not a mating but possible sign of acceptance or dominance. Only time will tell for our Eagle family!    Watch Live at www.SWFLEagleCam.com

« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 07:25:45 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2024 on: February 23, 2023, 07:04:33 AM »

Congratulations Bradley and Kelly!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown