Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470583 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1980 on: February 22, 2023, 10:57:45 AM »

tsk - thanks for the window cleaning tip....I put it in my cart...will try.

Whew, between Monday's 2 inches all done by myself and this morning's roof and decks and stairs of 4-5 inches...I am really pooped...I've had it as I've said before, LOL.

another round coming in around 3pm through tomorrow around 1pm....will total at least 10 more,maybe more?. ....
Trevor will do the driveway and then I may just give up and leave it on all the decks but for some paths in and out of the house upper and lower deck and stairs...and..leave it till spring!

I've never done that in now 24 years of living here, but from this winter's snow removal I'm actually feeling weak..

Will rest now the rest of the day....have no where to go or be for days....
Later

Puff

« Reply #1981 on: February 22, 2023, 11:45:34 AM »

First egg laid at approx. 8:48 p.m.!!!

Puff - If you know how to knit that is really good for you!!!  I always wanted to, but never learned.

Puff I don't believe it is the one year anniversary of your Ton's passing. :'( :'(  {{Puff}}   As Tsk said, may all your memories be the best.  Special love & hugs for you.  :-*

After I posted my long post on knitting I thought of another story some of the GreenBay fans might like.  (Are there any here?  ;D)  My brother Rod was a die-hard GB fan. Oh, and in he early years we lived in Chgo OldTown area.  That was when Bears played in Wrigley field.  As he aged and got the money, he bought seasons tkts for Bears, but not because of Bears.  He sold all his tkts for games played EXCEPT for the two GB games.   That way he got to see his team and not be out the money for the seasons cost.  Anyone that is an avid GB fan should be in the green/yellowish colors.  Yep, I made him a sweater.  Made to order, and he was big 6'?" guy, big and muscular.  Just the right shade of green and the right shade of yellow, just the right fit.   My pay back, I got to go to one of the Bear/GB games.  (But not embarrass him by cheering too loudly for the wrong (?) side.  Not sure when I asked him if he still wore the sweater for games.  He did WHAT!!!!  Sold it at a garage sale; SIL said he got $10 for it.   :o    :o   I swear he could have gone  up to GB for a gameday breakfast and found some nutsy who would pay $200 for it.   :-\   

Another story not for GB but for Tony's fans - I do notice and so much appreciate and cherish your kind thoughts.  You all help me so often, I've sent many a prayer to the GUY above for each of you.  You all certainly will be rewarded and your thoughtfulness is being noted.

P

« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 11:47:33 AM by Puff »

Puff

« Reply #1982 on: February 22, 2023, 12:33:40 PM »

clynn Just wondering - Did you hear about some bozo editing all the Roald Dahl series of books.  Thinkgs are really getting out of hand.

P

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1983 on: February 22, 2023, 12:40:52 PM »

Puff, I know you asked Clynn, but let me say that I agree  :-\
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #1984 on: February 22, 2023, 12:53:36 PM »

Puff, I know you asked Clynn, but let me say that I agree  :-\

And yesterday I heard Shakespeare is also on the chopping block....too R wing they say....

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1985 on: February 22, 2023, 01:21:09 PM »

some bounce
I took pain pills B4 I headed out and rubbed deep heat on my back and knees. Camper climbed up on the snow bank to help with the roof rake. It took us 2 hours to do some of the roof, the sidewalk and the patios twice. My Bro did the driveway.
This was posted on Next Door... LOL
Posted on Nextdoor: FREE FREE FREE!!!

FREE SNOW SHOVELING CLASS: This Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I will be holding a FREE snow shoveling class in front of my house. Come and join the class and learn about the proper ways to shovel. Reviewed techniques will include the scoop and throw method, the down and push method (AKA the plow technique), as well as the upside down scraping technique. Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to enhance your snow lifting techniques without throwing your back out! I will provide the driveway to ensure your training is conducted in the most life- like situation, I only ask that you bring your own shovel (Ergonomical designs suggested). PM me for additional details and times. Seating is limited and handled on a first come first served basis...Subject to date change depending on total accumulation.

!!!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1986 on: February 22, 2023, 01:29:31 PM »

KB  I no longer haul a bucket, squeegee, drying cloths etc.  I love this product.  Inside car windows are beautiful.  Wring out the cloth well!  I like you idea of just leaving the snow in place except for the necessities.  It's just too much and not worth killing yourself over!!!

PUFF   LOLOL right on about selling the sweater in GB  Great story!!!

TIG   LOLOLOLOL  Very ingenious
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1987 on: February 22, 2023, 01:35:31 PM »

some bounce
I took pain pills B4 I headed out and rubbed deep heat on my back and knees. Camper climbed up on the snow bank to help with the roof rake. It took us 2 hours to do some of the roof, the sidewalk and the patios twice. My Bro did the driveway.
This was posted on Next Door... LOL
Posted on Nextdoor: FREE FREE FREE!!!

FREE SNOW SHOVELING CLASS: This Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I will be holding a FREE snow shoveling class in front of my house. Come and join the class and learn about the proper ways to shovel. Reviewed techniques will include the scoop and throw method, the down and push method (AKA the plow technique), as well as the upside down scraping technique. Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to enhance your snow lifting techniques without throwing your back out! I will provide the driveway to ensure your training is conducted in the most life- like situation, I only ask that you bring your own shovel (Ergonomical designs suggested). PM me for additional details and times. Seating is limited and handled on a first come first served basis...Subject to date change depending on total accumulation.

!!!

LOL, I've read this one on fb too......

Another one is something like this:

"I lost 80 dollars in my driveway before the snow fell. Come find it!".....
the comments are hilarious....

tsk - ya we will see.
The only caveat is the only reason my deck boards which are now over 30 years old have lasted is due to the fact I shovel off all moisture and stain well over time...
One year of leaving it may be okay?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 01:37:32 PM by kbshcb »

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #1988 on: February 22, 2023, 01:54:25 PM »

LORI  I think that notice of spring will ring well with all Minnesota residents!!!

I was hoping it would be a nice distraction from this storm coming but I don't think it worked...  :-\

Pure ice outside here, I would much rather have snow anyday... went to get the mail this morning and slipped and landed straight on my back and head, I put my hand on my head and there was a lot of blood.  After a mini freak out... I washed it out and dad looked at it and I said how does it look? He says, "it looks like hamburger"  ::) :o goody goody gumdrops lol  ;D  It's ok now... got a bandage on it ;)  The lights keep flickering... Be safe and don't go get the mail! Catching up in here, hope everybody is doing ok today. Prayers for all of you...
I would like to sign up for your class Tig 

« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 02:19:10 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #1989 on: February 22, 2023, 02:26:01 PM »

DNN Dad North before one cam went out... freezing rain here windy.
Take care Norths!!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 02:28:37 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #1990 on: February 22, 2023, 02:27:56 PM »

Lori - If Spring is going to look like that....I will pass!  Ouch on the fall,  I hope you are OK..((hugs))  Mr N is doing a great job covering his egg!

kb & tig - Those are hilarious!  I hope you both are inside and resting!

tsk - Thanks for the link to the cleaning wipes.  I am going to order those.  It would be nice if HM laid that egg tomorrow, but I would also be a lil sad.  I have watched this pair from the beginning, and I would want to be here for the first egg, and see it on LIVE feed!  Yes, I know we have rewind and videos, but its not the same.  :)

Lani - Love your Ash Wednesday pic. Thanks for the kind words on the Decorah pics, and of course I will share some pics that Jeff and I take with our cell at the wedding tomorrow.

E4E;D ;D :)

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #1991 on: February 22, 2023, 02:32:06 PM »

Decorah
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #1992 on: February 22, 2023, 02:46:10 PM »

Northern Royal Albatross New Zealand South Island Cornell Labs

Royal Albatross Chick's First Solo Bout At Nest Is Short And Sweet | DOC | Cornell Labhttps://youtu.be/smZyQ7YWTaMvia cornell lab bird cams

The time has come for the Royal Albatross chick to spend some time at the nest alone! Watch the female (named "L") take off from the headland, leaving her 33-day-old nestling in charge at the nest site for the first time on February 22. In this case, L quickly returned to her guard duties, but this moment is a sign that the chick has grown old enough to enter the "post-guard" stage.

Soon, the chick will spend the most of the nestling period alone at the nest area. As the chick gets bigger it will need more food. To satisfy the hungry youngster, both adults hit the open ocean in search of food and only return to land during feedings.

The Royal Cam was set up in January 2016 by the Department of Conservation and the Cornell Lab has been collaborating with DOC since 2019 to bring the cam to life. To learn more while watching, view the cam at

https://www.doc.govt.nz/royalcam
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1993 on: February 22, 2023, 03:11:35 PM »

bounce
No... We went to drop off our taxes and get my cell phone fixed in that neighborhood. Then... a stop at the ATM so Camper can compensate his son who offered to come shovel... Hopefully tomorrow. Nice of him to offer. Now... Off to a restaurant in the close neighborhood. And maybe get a gift card there for my Bro.
Then home to rest.
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1994 on: February 22, 2023, 03:16:17 PM »

Howdy, Beakers!  Everyone getting the stormy stuff, please stay safe. Inside.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center