Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 487999 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4755 on: May 11, 2023, 01:20:00 PM »

((Lani)),   I know you will wear your self out, doing the best I  hope you will find time to relax and enjoy yourself!   Good on tge masks!

Tskm the orinter was delivered before 10 am yesterday and installed about  4 pm!   Nice iff white cokir.  Have fun at the gardens and send pictures.
Bbl, have to do a grocery ordee.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4756 on: May 11, 2023, 01:31:44 PM »

some bounce
(Lani) have one for me too!  :o
Car service turned out well. The noise we heard was attributed to variances in the brake pad material.
The water heater tech said we have a good model with double anode rods.
Now watching a recording of MN in softball tournament. Talons crossed.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #4757 on: May 11, 2023, 02:07:51 PM »

some bounce
(Lani) have one for me too!  :o
Car service turned out well. The noise we heard was attributed to variances in the brake pad material.
The water heater tech said we have a good model with double anode rods.
Now watching a recording of MN in softball tournament. Talons crossed.
TTFN

Just curious tig....I know I've read some things about draining your water heater for over 24 years.
I just never have...My first water heater lasted app. 20 years and I bought a new one in 2020?....anyway, it can't hurt is what I'm thinking, but also not sure it makes a difference?....what say you?

The water heater I bought in 2020 I bought cause I thought it was leaking...at the end of the day it was more likely my furnace de-humidifier as that was still leaking and caught by centerpoint after the install....
taken care of then so I don't even know if I needed it truly.
Am curious though.
At the end of the day I'm thinking it may depend on the source of one's water....I get ours from our own aquifers...am guessing you might from the Mississippi?...and if so may need different water treatment from the plant than ours?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 02:10:02 PM by kbshcb »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4758 on: May 11, 2023, 02:10:10 PM »

KB  Love the competitive log sitting won by the turtles hands down   Great photo of 191 yr old tortoise.   Even turtles sense when someone of there's is in trouble.

EAGLES  81 here  LOL

LANI   GREAT AM photo  ;D  Take care my friend.

LISA   Great idea for CLYNN on the new  mattress.

TIG   so glad you didn't need new brakes.  Phew

Walked 1 1/2 mile today at the garden -  :o :o

Will send pics later.  Gotta do edging before rain tomorrow
[/size]
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4759 on: May 11, 2023, 03:19:07 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

I have over a week of posts to read to catch up in The Beak!!  :o ;) So, it will take a while.  :D

I had a great trip to visit my closest, lifelong, friend, who lives in Georgia. The drive was almost 7 hours down, but I made it in 6-and-a-half coming home. Don't tell the po-po.  ;D  I haven't taken a solo drive that long in a long time. No issues, thankfully. Well, the next morning I woke up to a car with a battery that was as dead as a doornail.  AAA provided a very prompt rescue. You know the law... only on weekends, holidays, or when out-of-town.  ;) :D  Had a great visit, and did lots of fun stuff, and saw all her family - who I feel as close to as if I were part of it... knew most of them before they were born, you know...  Loved getting back to the Atlanta Botanical Garden, too, especially this time of year. Also, a plus this visit was seeing the, "Trolls: Save the Humans," by Thomas Dambo, an outdoor exhibit in the gardens there now! A traveling set of 6 giant wood sculptures... as the world premier of these 6 Trolls... fun to see them!  He has others on exhibit in various countries around the world.

;) **Note, for the google-inclined:
https://atlantabg.org/calendar/trolls-save-the-humans/

and:
https://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2021/11/19/dead-as-a-doornail/
 :)

I'll be back... I'm starving!!

Take care, Beakers.  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #4760 on: May 11, 2023, 04:59:32 PM »

karen - Glad to hear that you got your new printer installed and up and running. 

tig - Good news on the car and water heater!

tsk - Can't wait to see the pics from the gardens.  You did good on your 1.5 mile walk. 

baz - Sounds like you had a great visit with your friend.  Cool exhibit at the gardens.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4761 on: May 11, 2023, 04:59:57 PM »

KB... IDK... Some say yes, some no. Our water is city water and causes no problems.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

T40cfr403

« Reply #4762 on: May 11, 2023, 05:12:00 PM »

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

Puff

« Reply #4763 on: May 11, 2023, 05:26:40 PM »

Colorado osprey mother pounded by hailstorm as she protects her eggs

https://www.9news.com/article/life/animals/colorado-hail-osprey-protects-eggs-boulder-county/73-2c18aca5-72c9-4c31-8c58-0592e3229172?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Thursday%20May%2011&utm_content=Thursday%20May%2011+CID_736b33a2787a313fa8d95687d2033806&utm_source=tegna%20email%20newsletter&utm_term=Osprey%20mother%20pounded%20by%20hailstorm%20as%20she%20protects%20her%20eggs

Credit: Boulder County Parks & Open Space
The female osprey at the Boulder County Fairgrounds braves the hailstorm to protect her eggs on Tuesday night.

I always take the opportunity to advise/mandate -- If you get a rental car in Colorado take the hail insurance.  It's not a come on or scam - as you can see, hail is a problem.

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4764 on: May 11, 2023, 05:44:44 PM »

Tsk pretty flowers this AM; how was you walking at the Botanic Gardens ?

Eagles pretty tulips; I recall my mom talking abour Tangee lipstick, felt nostalgic and missing  her so much today.

Lisa w/pre-op out completed that'l make  your 'day of' go more smoothly and less stressful I' m sure.  Pets to Momcat and kittens. Uncle Bandit too.

KB you and the Ollieman get a walk  into the day?

Lani nice to see you arriv ed safetly and all 'set-up' dispite the 'c hanges' in wants and likes---so far no CoVid and Publix isn't pressing the issue at work nor are the
customers. Enjoy your convention and the menu.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4765 on: May 11, 2023, 06:04:12 PM »

Karen how do you like the new printer?

Tig good news on the auto repair and the CoVid arm

KBgood luck w/water heater/draining. We 'v e drained ours once since 21 yrs

Tsk  1.5 mi is a nice walk. Looking forward to photos. Sounds like you feel fine afterwards to do yard work. Still don't over do. Although you knoe yourself better
than we do.  ;)

Bazi I bet you mentioned you jaunt to GA and I missed reading it. Glad it well and was fun. Doing good with just a dead battery and that's bad
enough. The Atlanta Botanical Garden, sounds like fun for everyone.  Photos to be posted?  Enjoyed the links below. Tks

T40 heart goes out to Colorado osprey mom. Gee! You know that  had to hurt like the Dickens. many thanks for the cam footage. So happy to read eggletts and mom are fine. Tks
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #4766 on: May 11, 2023, 06:10:14 PM »

Did get a walk in with Ollie today

I waited too long though....it was 1 pm and although I bring water he got too hot....I could tell as he slowed way down..Remember he is black and low to the ground/tar...

From now on, I will need to walk him in the mornings or not at all..

I have never drained my water heaters....just curious why some do this....and, if I've been remiss or not, but thinking not since they've lasted so long so far, knock on wood.

tig - I get my water from the "city" as well...but where the city gets IT is the bottom line as water is treated differently depending on if from an aquifer or from the river.

That's okay though....I'm getting neither here nor there...Thanks though.

kbshcb

« Reply #4767 on: May 11, 2023, 06:17:41 PM »

You KNOW this is important...

I only learned in my thirties that the right is the ONLY way.......

I will turn them around if at someone's house where it's on the left way...

Night all, just some fun before tv time.

But you know the only way is the group on the right!....right?

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4768 on: May 11, 2023, 06:25:32 PM »

BAZI   How wonderful that you were away visiting a great friend et al.  AAA to the rescue and at least it happened in a safe place.  I hope the troll exhibit travels - would love to see it at our botanic gardens.  Welcome back  ;D   Who knew  " dead as a door nail"  :o

T40  I think Ft St Vrain lost a 26 day old to the hail storm

5/10/23
With tremendous sadness it seems our sweet FSV48 took their last breath at 3:26am. Last night’s storm was severe with golf ball size hail. Ma did her very best to shield both but they are just too big to fit under her.
Eagles don’t feel like us humans and could possibly treat the remains as prey. Remember it’s all about survival. So if need be you may want to look away.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 06:27:40 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #4769 on: May 11, 2023, 06:25:52 PM »

Another vote here for no draining.  However, we still await OG's dissertation and expert comments.

P