Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 489803 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10245 on: October 16, 2023, 01:27:43 PM »

The song that I should have posted with that quilt!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIuyDWzctgY

Lisa, I have not turned the heat on yet, I always try to hold out until November! Our high is 62 for today, one degree warmer than you! I also only had sore arms from the 3 vaccines I got Friday.

Phyl, oh those Flying Monkeys!  They do look kind of evil...  ::)

karen, I hope this girl is a good one!

Lani, love the Pooh pictures!  It's Fall in the Hundred Acre Woods! Your memories are a lot like mine, with the moving from base to base over the years. We were never in one place more than four years! I have been to Washington State once, Ed and I were visiting Becky in Portland and took a day to drive to Mt. St. Helen, I think it was 1987, just 7 years after the eruption. It was the middle of June but it was cold and rainy and very spooky... Looking at Spirit Lake then and comparing to what it used to look like...just a feeling of awe. (off on another tangent, sorry!) The damage was tremendous, lombardy pines looked like toothpicks laying on the ground.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

oldguy

« Reply #10246 on: October 16, 2023, 01:39:59 PM »

Hello Beakers

A sunny day today - up to 55 now with light winds...

The WBB game yesterday was a big success - played in the football stadium, the attendance was 55,646, setting an attendance record - beating the previous record of 29,600 set about 5 years ago at the NCAA finals.  $250,000 was raised for the U of Ia Children's Hospital that is next door to the stadium.  BTW Iowa won 94-72  ;D

Interesting family histories - thanks for sharing.

Some Tennessee hillbilly country music humor from Leroy Troy...
Leroy Troy "Grandfather's Clock"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZTRpS3wAzQ
Leroy Troy "Mountain Dew"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwWvp8jPksc
Leroy Troy - Ghost Chickens In The Sky   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkdci55adqk

Cats go for a walk in pairs   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSfGkvUogyQ
Maru became a beauty and relaxed in the metal tub   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PAVZ1C68tY

Just in...
Fastest consecutive cat slaps !!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo9XruQMKxY
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 02:21:06 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10247 on: October 16, 2023, 02:53:36 PM »

HAPPY 39th ANNIVERSARY, observed,  ;D  TO CONNIE AND ED!!!  Wishing you many happy years ahead!  :)

Clynn, so nice that you and Ed could steal away for a few hours to yourselves, and enjoy a wonderful anniversary dinner out!  :)  So nice of Erin to do all those things while you were away. The Munchkins are two cute and happy kids!  Aww... Yes! Love for the Anchovies!!  :D :-* :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10248 on: October 16, 2023, 02:56:37 PM »

Howdy, Beakers!  :)

(((Lani))), great memories of your time in Washington state.  :) :-*

Oldguy, what a great turnout for the Iowa WBB game! And how wonderful that the fundraiser was so successful! I bet it was loads of fun to be there! Isn't that the stadium where the kids, who are patients at the Childrens Hospital next door, can look out the floor-to-ceiling windows above and overlooking the stadium and field during the games there, and there is a tradition of a coordinated "Turn and wave" from all the people in the stadium towards the kids, who are waving back through the hospital windows at the stadium crowd all looking up at them? I think it's there. I love that tradition!!  :-* :-*

((Karen)), I'm glad you have a helpful, steady HHA now! Piper will protect you from all the Goblins!  ;) :D :-*

Puff, I'm guessing the light you saw was an IR light - not visible light to the naked eye when there. I don't think RRP, or the Hatchery folks, would put visible night lighting anywhere that could disturb the nest, or other animals in the area.

Waving to All the Beakers! Have a great day! Go wild if you feel the need!  ;D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10249 on: October 16, 2023, 03:04:55 PM »

KB  Great news on the Towers. At least the Mr or Mrs is back  ;)  Baby ellie  :-* :-*

KAREN  Sure hope they can find a really nice HHA companion for you.  Well reading on it looks like a good one?

EAGLES  YAY  A win for the team  :)

LANI   What a sweet Pooh gif.   Thanks so much for sharing that bit about your life - How interesting esp about the mixed race and choice of naval base.  Kind of stressful on kids to move about like that but so many do.  Sure glad you saw back then the awesome state of Wa.

CLYNN   Love Drift Away.   56 here and no sun.  Heat at 70.  Brilliant pic of Leslie's blue jays.  I too visited Mt St Helen about 1-2 years after via my Vancouver Wa. friend  Your comparison pics are amazing.

OLDGUY  Great that so much money could be raised for the Children's hospital.    Walter " St Francis" Santi - another kitten - word gets around the neighborhood.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #10250 on: October 16, 2023, 03:06:33 PM »

Lani - I loved spelling in school too, but hated reading.  I love reading now.  I try to read at least a book a month.

karen - Glad to hear that this HHA worker is working out for you today.  :)

clynn - Glad to hear that you did not have anything but sore arms too, with your vaccines.  LOL, you sound like me with the heat...I tell Jeff put on more clothes!  We did not use our AC all last month and this month the electric bill only went down $20.  I find that VERY hard to believe.  Beautiful pics from Lesley.

oldguy - Thanks for videos, and nice temps for you today, too!

baz and tsk -

Puff

« Reply #10251 on: October 16, 2023, 03:54:24 PM »

Howdy, Beakers!  :)

(((Lani))), great memories of your time in Washington state.  :) :-*

Oldguy, what a great turnout for the Iowa WBB game! And how wonderful that the fundraiser was so successful! I bet it was loads of fun to be there! Isn't that the stadium where the kids, who are patients at the Childrens Hospital next door, can look out the floor-to-ceiling windows above and overlooking the stadium and field during the games there, and there is a tradition of a coordinated "Turn and wave" from all the people in the stadium towards the kids, who are waving back through the hospital windows at the stadium crowd all looking up at them? I think it's there. I love that tradition!!  :-* :-*

((Karen)), I'm glad you have a helpful, steady HHA now! Piper will protect you from all the Goblins!  ;) :D :-*

Puff, I'm guessing the light you saw was an IR light - not visible light to the naked eye when there. I don't think RRP, or the Hatchery folks, would put visible night lighting anywhere that could disturb the nest, or other animals in the area.

Waving to All the Beakers! Have a great day! Go wild if you feel the need!  ;D

Oh yeah  Baz I'm sure the new stuff is all solar powered.  I seem to recall they made some hint as to new additions being solar to save $$$$.  I stayed with screen to where the sun came up and took over.  They seem to have made some tweaks here and there.

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #10252 on: October 16, 2023, 04:48:35 PM »

Have a good night, everyone!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10253 on: October 16, 2023, 05:29:19 PM »

Karen sounds like the new HHA may work out for you---hope so.

Old Guy congrats on the WBB game yesterday  and it's success for the U of Ia Children's Hospital fund raiser.  ;)--- Leroy Troy.  so  funny.  Maru/Miri walking buddies :); Walter Santi does so much good

CLynn tks for Lesley Blue Jay snaps .

Tsk/Bazi/ Lisa  :)

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10254 on: October 16, 2023, 06:28:11 PM »

After more coat sorting/hanging this AM used the afternoon to say adios to my SIL Barb as they head to Naples tomorrow - to return in early Dec. - They are going to sell their condo this year much to Barb's disappointment.  Then got the 3 hoses put away and stowed the last chair still sitting on the patio.  Brought in the last pieces of yard art and my rain gauge.  Now will wait for a freeze to kill all the remaining cheery annuals.  Found and disposed of a dead possum hiding behind my hosta - that was a surprise  :o :o
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10255 on: October 16, 2023, 07:26:24 PM »

Sending a "Good Evening' with SEDs  to Everyone !

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #10256 on: October 16, 2023, 08:16:24 PM »

Ooooh  Tsk!  I wonder what killed the possum!  Poor dear. 
The hha that came today has been coming for some time and is the one who wrote the list for the one who just sat and watched the news!   She will not become president of the company but she is  fine, pleasant and will be coming 5 days a week!   That hassle is over!   Eye doctor appointment tomorrow.  Have a good evening, seds

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10257 on: October 16, 2023, 09:29:38 PM »

I just have to say that I almost lost my post this morning after spending over an hour with it!  I first pressed Preview, then pressed Post and at first the circle showed up for about 30 seconds then it stopped.  I thought it went thru, but had the presence of mind to check and see and my post was not there.  So I copied & pasted and then posted again and it went thru!  I think it could have been an internet issue. :-\

Phyl - Oh no, you also got paddled in school?!  It was always boys who got paddled when I was in school!  Things sure have changed!  My worst memory was my brother (who was one grade below me as we were only 14 months apart in age), in the 7th grade was grabbed by his teacher and thrown against a brick wall - tearing his button-down shirt.  I was a young girl who loved my brother, so it was very upsetting to me. 

Lani - I too, loved Spelling in school!  Thanks for sharing some history of being in school as a young girl - things were different then.  No worries about TMI, I appreciate hearing your stories of growing up.  Sorry you went through some rough times.

Karen - Glad you have a better helper coming in - hope it works out long term  :)

Clynn - Oh no, I remember the Mt. St. Helens tragedy - so devastating. :o :o :o  Thank you for the pictures.

Hi OG  :)

Tsk - You are ready for the change of seasons! :)   Bummer about the dead possum. ???

LisaG - I agree, that it seems your bill would have went down more than $20.00!

Beakers have a good night - SEDs  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10258 on: October 17, 2023, 01:00:22 AM »

Karen, glad you have help again. I hope she works out for you.... Love Baz's comment about Piper keeping you safe from Goblins, you can add Tree frogs too.... our hummers stay year round.

Clynn, Thanks for sharing your memories. Thankfully, we didn't have to move as often. My mother never wanted to live in the states again nor did she want to go to Japan, or Guam. So my step father's sea tours were a year out and a month in Pearl Harbor.... sad about Spirit Lake.... Love the Blue Jays.

Oldguy, What a wonderful and successful fundraiser for the Children's Hospital. Congats Iowa... Good ole mountain dew!  ;D ... Love Vasek's fast cat slaps!  ;D... Maru, Hana and Miri look very pretty with their harnesses. Thanks.

Lisa, I'm surprised your bill is down more than just $20.

Baz, "Girls gone wild!"  ;D

Tsk, Did you do well collecting coats? So this is Barb's last time at the Naples condo? ... awww poor possum, it probably was old age and found a lovely place behind your hostas...

Eagles, beautiful good night pic.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim,Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10259 on: October 17, 2023, 06:43:41 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLJcT_bXEvY       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HExjPn547Z0

Lani, every life has a story and we never really know what someone has been through...  We were never without my Dad except for 6 months both times he was stationed overseas. He went ahead to get living quarters ready and Mom joined him later with us kids. I have often thought of how it must have been for Mom, 20 year old girl from Bone Gap, IL with 2 toddlers aged 3 and 2, heading for Germany on her own. Her first airplane ride, and no jets then, they had to stop in Greenland to re-fuel. I think I would have been petrified. And then the year Dad was in Viet Nam.

E4E, you must have been one of those 'goody two shoes' kids in school!  They never did anything wrong!  Just kidding, but there were some of those in the mix! Along with the naughty boys!

tsk, so Barb and Tom are selling their condo, just like you and Tim did, was it last year or the year before. They say twins often think alike...  So did you have a successful coat drive?

A good friend in Springfield took a riverboat ride on the Mississippi last weekend:

Berry College Eagles

« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 07:11:49 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown