Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 483676 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2745 on: March 15, 2023, 06:42:12 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Mar 15, 2023 6:40 AM
Camera Time: Mar 15, 2023 6:39 AM CDT
Birchwoman

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2746 on: March 15, 2023, 06:45:35 AM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
Mar 15, 2023 6:42 AM
Camera Time: Mar 15, 2023 6:42 AM CDT
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2747 on: March 15, 2023, 06:52:09 AM »

From Chat:
Wiggles
8 hours ago
Audacity's Restless Tonight

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Mar 15, 2023 6:49 AM
Camera Time: Mar 15, 2023 4:49 AM PDT

AduiSleeping--peacfully

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2748 on: March 15, 2023, 06:53:13 AM »

Happy 11th  Kitty Birthday,  Bandit !

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2749 on: March 15, 2023, 07:28:18 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Will have both Talon and Bella tomorrow instead of today!  33 right now, high 56 with some sun!

Phyl, oh my goodness, our weather today is better than yours! That is a rarity! Another pretty sunrise on the Flyway...and a falcon on the perch. Savannah and Newman 'being naughty on the cliffs'...LOLOL  They're just doing the bird!   Awww, #7...

Ed is Irish, both his parents from Irish heritage, and he doesn't like corned beef and cabbage...I have fixed it a couple of times, I like it and I have no Irish blood at all!

Lani, do you remember, that is the window cling I put on Mom's car, the queen waving from the back seat...It's still on her car, I love it! Bella has been wanting my stuffed eagle, but I just couldn't let her take it, I was going to get one for her. Now I don't have to!  Good Irish Friendship Wish!

tsk, was your first outing to Trader Joe's? I got a beer bread mix when I was there yesterday. Good for you, get out there and get on with life!!

Lisa, Happy Birthday to Bandit!

CROW - Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife
Today was a BIG day!
For the past week, our staff have been preparing to move back to CROW on Sanibel 🎉🎊🍾
Patients were transferred to other rehab centers, equipment was packed up, and this morning, our staff transported everything from Animal Refuge Center in North Fort Myers BACK TO SANIBEL!   We. Are. HOME!

« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 07:47:37 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2750 on: March 15, 2023, 08:33:51 AM »

GOOD MORNING

24 heading to 50 with sunny skies  :)

Pi was well represented yesterday  :)

LORI    I'm ready for spring however we have had some mighty big snow storms in April.. ::) ???

LANI  Cozy burgers are perfect for any holiday  ;D ;D   The Irish have a lot of good sayings  :)

OLDGUY   I do remember the Spike Jones show  ;)  Crazy stuff.   Webb telescope will have much more to show us in the years to come.  Amazing

PHYL   That's quite a Saturday AM breakfast  :o

CLYNN    Tomorrow is Grandma and Grandpa day.  ;)  I'm not allowed to drive for 2 weeks and to pretty much lay low.  I'm living Lent this year  LOLOL. Tim drove me to Bible study yesterday and we made a short run to the grocery after that.  Only place I've been.  Doc is Friday.   Wow  thanks for the announcement on CROW  That's a big step and certainly happening sooner than I thought it would.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #2751 on: March 15, 2023, 09:03:57 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

THANK YOU all so much for Bandit's birthday wishes, pics and posts!

tsk - I am glad you are following docs orders and not driving. I'm living Lent this year   ;D

clynn - Popcorn is good, huh?  Love the pics of the munchkins from Casey, IL  I need to add this to my paces to visit.   Agree with your morning coffee post saying.  I bet CROW is glad to be back home.  In case I forget tomorrow...have a great day with Bella & Talon  :D

Phyl - You always make such yummy food, I was looking forward to hearing what kind of pie you made.  I forgot I had a Marie Callendar's pumpkin pie in the freezer that I could have baked yesterday.  Oh well, will save it for another day.  :D

Lori - I hope you and Dad are feeling better each day.   :D

Lani - I bought an Irish Soda bread last week, and Jeff loved it, so went back yesterday and bought two more.  They were on sale. I bet Mike is looking forward to his Cozy Burgers!

oldguy
- Thanks for the info on Lidl.   :)

oldguy

« Reply #2752 on: March 15, 2023, 11:15:20 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Currently 42 and heading for mid 50s this afternoon - mostly cloudy with 10-15 mph winds - not too bad for mid March in Iowa.  Expecting about 1/2 to 1 inch of rain tomorrow.

Had this pop up on my phone this morning...  with the Trader Joe talk this week, thought it might be of interest...
https://www.eatthis.com/trader-joes-baked-goods-mold-issue/
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2753 on: March 15, 2023, 12:36:03 PM »

Bearstudy - Day Visitors, Night Visitors, and a Remarkable Bear-Human Interaction - UPDATE March 12, 2023

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4729-day-visitors-night-visitors-and-a-remarkable-bear-human-interaction-update-march-12-2023.html

Fawn nosing mother

Good morning Beakers!
Morning.Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

It's 47 here, high of 51  Rain drops keep falling, but I keep smiling! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VyA2f6hGW4.   ;). ;D

Eagles, What's the weather for you today? We're expecting rain for the next few days, it's raining now. In fact we're under flood watch. I pray all is well with your mom.  :)

Tsk, "I'm living Lent this year" LOL! take care  :-*

Clynn, I forgot you put that on your mom's car! LOL!  ;D ... gosh, we have had Beer Bread since Kansas... Enjoy your Talon and Bella day! Looking forward to pics... I'm so happy to see your update on CROW!!! I think about the bear cubs they had too. God Bless them and best wishes! ... great morning posts...

This is me being graceful when things don't go my way https://twitter.com/i/status/1636042232204541953.   8)

Phyl, thanks for Amy's blog.

Oldguy, Amazing  capture by the Webb telescope, I'm in awe, thank you for posting.... Spike Jones is the old vaudeville acts of yesterday, and there's Jim Backus too  ;D
I'm amazed at the Trader Joe story about moldy bread and such. I've never had a problem, but then, I always keep my tortillas in the frig. I pre-slice Trader Joe breads and keep in freezer when needed. Because we never eat it all in one day, so why leave it out.  ???

Lisa, I couldn't resist the pic below for Bandit's birthday. Love his look when sitting in the green sack with Misty on the couch!  ;D ;D ;D

Happy birthday Bandit!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 12:37:38 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2754 on: March 15, 2023, 01:35:49 PM »

LISA  I buy 2 loaves of the bakery's homemade Irish soda bread and tell Tim - that's it!!  I toast it and slather butter.  ;) ;D

OLDGUY  If Tim buys preservative free bread from Whole Foods I put it in 4 piece zip lock bags and freeze.  Then you pull out what you can eat in 2 days

LANI        Un believable - that bear closing the door on command  :o :o   LOLOLOL  How timely Looks like me trying to get my socks on when I can't bend at the waist  LOLOL
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2755 on: March 15, 2023, 03:11:51 PM »

baz, waving back at ya!

Clynn, you look great in yellow!!  :D :D  Fun trip and pics for the kids and their kids.  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2756 on: March 15, 2023, 03:37:45 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

Happy Birthday, Bandit! MEYOW!!!  :D

All the yummy food talk is making me sooo  hungry!!!  :o

I'm not Irish - not a bit, that I know of (English on Dad's side and Scottish on Mom's) - but I will wear green and eat a traditional Irish meal for St. Pat's Day. I'm also not Italian, or Mexican, or Spanish, or French or Near- of Far-Eastern, or Chinese, or Japanese, or German, or Russian, or Ethiopian, or... well, you get it, LOL... but I love the foods from those countries and all different cultures.  P.S. Did I mention I like food?  ;D

Right now I'm famished! since I've had nothing to eat since my cereal this morning... so, I'm heading to the kitchen to saute some shrimp in olive oil and garlic, and put it on top of a fresh baby kale and mixed greens salad with crumbled blue cheese, and drizzle it with some of the olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette I made this morning... with a "glash."  ;)

So... Later, Gators!  :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 03:39:22 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2757 on: March 15, 2023, 03:58:47 PM »

Lani, I am still cracking up over the baby and the socks!! That child seems headed for anger issues! It made me think of the sequence pictures I took of Bella, she was about that age, but she was trying to het her socks off...and she patiently did it, it took about 3 minutes! Thanks for the Bear report, what a sweet bear, and he knows how to close the door!  I remember Jim Backus from Gilligan's Island, Thurston Howell III! And wasn't he the voice of Mr. Magoo?

oldguy, thanks for the info on Trader Joes, I think any bread like item with no preservatives needs to be kept in the fridge or freezer, that's what I do, because I learned it molds much more quickly than Sara Lee bread that never molds...  ::)  56 here right now and the sun is shining! Temps back downhill through Saturday and then back up again...

tsk, my Mom has a gadget that she uses to put on her socks when no one is there, but if one of us is there she asks if we can put her socks on her feet, so I am guessing it's not that easy...  :o  Our grocery store has one of those stone ovens and they bake their Artisan bread daily, I love their San Francisco Sourdough slathered with butter... I try not to buy it too often...

Lisa, what popcorn? Oh, that red bag that is in the trash... empty. ;D ;D  Did you fix bandit a treat for his birthday?

Baz, what the heck are you then?  You need some food!!   :D :D

Berry College Eagles - A different view of B16 than we’ve seen on the cameras! Thank you for capturing this, Gena—it’s so cool to see how much B16 continues to grow.

Friends of Minnesota Nongame Eagle Cam - Brenda Scandin - I love watching how excited Beau gets whenever Nancy returns to the nest!  He keeps trying to give her kisses!
💕
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2758 on: March 15, 2023, 04:35:39 PM »

Good afternoon Beakers!

I just checked in for the first time today and saw that my post from last night did not go thru - lost it. :( :(  I know this happens to almost everyone here at some time or another.  It is so frustrating to spend over an hour and then not have anything to show for it.  Please bear with me and thank you!
I didn't check in this morning as I had an early doctor appointment.

Oldguy - No, I was not there for the Los Lobos - Labamba concert in Watsonville back in '89.  I would have loved to have been there, but at that time, we were living in Aromas with our young son who was 18 months old.  We were probably at home!  Thanks for the info!!

Clynn - Love the pics Erin sent you of their trip to Casey for the Giant things over town!! What a fun day for all of them!! ;D  Love the BE that Bella is holding!!

Tig - Its always nice to get home after being gone a few days - glad you guys had such fun!!

Tsk - Nice that you were taken to the store for a little 'outing'.  :)   I know you will make a fabulous St. Pat's dinner! ;D

Lori - Liked your PI day gifs!  Hope you & your Dad are all feeling a little better each day.  Yaaay - Spring is around the corner! ;D

Lani - Yes!  I was on here last night and answered Oldguy, but as you noticed in my post at the top, that I somehow lost my post and didn't even realize it until today. :-[    So nice of Shannon to bring Mike some cozy burgers on Friday!   We are having a few dry days now!  Yesterday was a rainy day - about 1/3" registered on our rain gauge.

Phyl - Thanks for Amy's blog; nestflix & news - always good to read!  Yum - good breakfast at your home on Saturday - I like corned beef hash too!

Clynn - Thanks for CROW pics and update!

Baz - Lol!  I too love lots of foods from many cultures!

Happy Birthday Bandit!

LisaG1967

« Reply #2759 on: March 15, 2023, 05:00:53 PM »

baz - Jeff would love your shrimp recipe! Bandit says, thank you  :)

tsk - I never realized how good the Soda bread was, but I did the same as you...toast it and slather in butter.  Mmmm, I think I am gonna have a piece for snack tonight.

Lani - Love the pic of the fawn nosing its mother.  Love the birthday kitty post for Bandit.

oldguy - Sounds like you had nice temps today.

clynn - Bandit got some tuna for his birthday.   :D  My first bag is almost gone, too.  I am skipping it tonight and having the Soda bread.

E4E - I feel for you and the lost post!  Bandit says, thank you!