Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542824 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7710 on: September 17, 2024, 06:54:53 AM »

Lost my post trying to find Brunswick county on the map  LOL

PHYL   YAY  Lots of positives in your future.  Sure is a mood brightener  ;D

BAZI  Looks like all that destruction is north of you mostly?

LISA   Woke up during the night 15 hours after the injection with the sore shoulder LOL

OLDGUY   Did House on the Rock back in the late 80's  Have forgotten much.

LANI   Brave yearling is a smart one  LOL

CLYNN   Rain maybe Monday   Only .04" all month so far

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EAGLES
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 06:56:49 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7711 on: September 17, 2024, 07:33:53 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.!

Currently: 64F mostly sunny , High  84F mostly sunny,  with  Low 64F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Baz tks for photos , such dreadful flooding in Wilmington,  those poor folks; glad you and Zippo are well

Lani Brooks Falls bears look like their were having successful fishing. Thanks for  update on Antali-hope all's well.

Tsk sorry your shoulder is so bad after the vax; pretty robin this AM

CLynn one of our  first sightseeing was Appalachian Trail as it crosses  the Great Smoky Mountains here in Tennessee

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 07:45:51 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7712 on: September 17, 2024, 07:37:36 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7713 on: September 17, 2024, 07:40:19 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Sept. 11, 2024 8:4 4 AM
Camera time: Sept. 11, 2024 6:44 PDT

Looks like  Audacity

The Sauces Canyon nest, located at the top of a 40-foot Monterey cypress tree, has been active since 2008. Jak (male) and Audacity (female) have been breeding here together since 2014. See the entire nesting history at: https://www.iws.org/sauces-nest-history .

Again, another sad heartbreaking season for this wonderful pair of bald eagles. This nest captured my heart . I pray that one day it will return  it's former prosperity.

2024 NEST EVENTS:

First Clutch
2/2: First egg laid around 15:10.
2/16: Camera back online and still one egg. Expected hatch 3/10-3/22.
We don't know if this is the original egg or not....or how many eggs may have been laid, so it could be later.

3/16: Egg broken. 💔 No apparent cause.

Second Clutch

4/11: First egg around 18:20:40. This is the first time a Channel Islands’ eagle is known to have laid a second clutch after incubating a first clutch for more than 2-3 weeks.

4/12: Egg broken by 10:25. 💔

4/15: Second egg laid around 15:03. Broken immediately. 💔

4/18: Third egg laid and broken immediately around 16:02. 💔

4/21: Forth egg laid at 18:06. Broken by 19:09. 💔

4/26: Fifth egg laid and broken immediately at 17:09. 💔
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 08:03:23 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #7714 on: September 17, 2024, 07:53:52 AM »

Enjoy this refreshing end of summer Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcake!  It has a chocolate strawberry cake, a thick layer of ganache, cream cheese frosting and a fresh berry on top!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

kbshcb

« Reply #7715 on: September 17, 2024, 08:55:28 AM »

Amy Roberts posts these pics from Eagan MN last night. South and across the river from me, so not Northern MN...the Northern Lights have been active for weeks here now.
I manage to miss them all but for photos as it's past my bedtime and I'm not willing to stay up for them. I have seen them before with my naked eye...Cool of course.

Have a Great Day, Eagles4

LisaG1967

« Reply #7716 on: September 17, 2024, 08:56:39 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - You are welcome.  :)  Yes, glad baz and Zippo checked in. 

tig - Glad you are home safe.

Phyl - I can imagine the recovery will take time.  Aww, tears of joy!  Thanks for the 365. Hope all goes well at Sauces this season.

Lani - I hope Antali is on his journey.  Thanks for the fishing pics  ;)

clynn - Love your good morning pic.  Beautiful pic of the Appalachian Trail.

tsk - Oh no, a double whammy, lost post and a sore shoulder.  I am sorry!  I hope it feels better soon. 

Lori - Hey..how are you doing?

kb - Pretty pics of the Northern Lights.

Puff and all - Morning  :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, E4E!!!

Phyl

« Reply #7717 on: September 17, 2024, 09:12:49 AM »

Eagles wishing you a very Happy Birthday !

Sure miss you around here!

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7718 on: September 17, 2024, 09:14:37 AM »

Hi Lori  & Destini  how's everyone?

Lisa nice autumn greeting this  AM. One thing's for sure, if our mornings keep getting cooler---
I'm gonna have to switch to Autumn themes in my posts ahead of the Autumnal  Equinox. Just have to say, "Brrrrrrr.' for today!

KB tks for Aurora Borealis this AM, The Old Farmers Almanac predicted sightings for the  northern US this time of year.

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #7719 on: September 17, 2024, 09:46:34 AM »

Good Morning!  73 feels like z80!  Humidity 81%!>  Does not feel like Fall here but there are a fevleaves blowing arounxd! Mno rain.
Phyl, good news for your knees!   I love the
Smokies and tge Blue Ridge Mountains!   Generally ni cecweather and living conditions!  Baz, I may move in with your .mountain sister!  Lol.  Hope you are drying out!
Lisa, are you getting rain from this system that hit
Baz?
Eagles, Happy Birthday 🎊.  Hope you do something fun!

Tsk, hope your shoulder pain eases up soon.  Getting covid and flu vcs on Oct. .  Got my last booster a tad late and that is tge date that it ill be 4 months!   Usually have  a lil soreness.

kbshcb

« Reply #7720 on: September 17, 2024, 12:05:39 PM »

Oh I need some emotional support today ;)..It's been a week tomorrow without walking Ollie man nor letting him run in the back yard...run is not really the correct word. More like sprint round and round chasing chipmunks and squirrels sometimes off the top of the yard...

He's seemingly fine now after almost a week of rimadyl...suppose to wait a WHOLE another week!...today is too hot. Tomorrow as well....but, after that me feels me wanting to "save" the poor guy who has been real cheeky being a couch potato, but I know he's bored out of his mind.

We don't let him play inside with ball either as it gets the "zoomies" started.

Poor guy....oh I'm so tempted to at least start short walks back up when it cools down in a few days.

What say you all? He has a total of 14 days of rimadyl, hence the bed rest for that long. Done on the 25th.

Do docs really know? esp when they only surmised what was wrong with him.

kbshcb

« Reply #7721 on: September 17, 2024, 12:18:26 PM »

this is astonishing!

Bryce Gaudian writes:
There are only about 700 Whooping Cranes in existence in the entire world.  They are one of the rarest birds in all of North America. There must be something extra-special about Minnesota that this Whooping Crane I photographed two days ago, on September 15th, is the very same one I first saw here and had the honor of photographing in June when a farmer friend who knows my passion for birds told me he had an almost 5 foot tall white bird in one of his fields.  The International Crane Foundation knows her whereabouts because of the cellular transmitter on her legs.  She was born last year in Wisconsin, spent the winter in Indiana, made a brief visit to a Chicago suburbs, went back to Horicon Marsh in Wisconsin, then followed the curve of the Wisconsin River into NE Iowa, and then into Minnesota where I've now had the astronomically almost impossible odds of witnessing her two times now over the span of 3 months.  Her assigned number by the ICF is 16-23, and they named her "Animal."  I affectionately call her, "Her Majesty."  Every time I have seen her, she has been in the company of Sandhill Cranes.  Here they are flying together over a partially harvested Minnesota cornfield for silage.  What a gift that Her Majesty has called Minnesota her home for the entire summer.— in Minnesota.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7722 on: September 17, 2024, 12:34:29 PM »

Top Flat chick is 238 days old and weighs 10.4 kg. Average fledging age is 240 days. There was no weight for Top Flat chick last week. He was 9.7 kg the previous weigh day. The average weight for a 238-day old male toroa is 9.2 kg. He may have been fed out of view a couple of times in the last week.

Royal Albatross ~ Rangers Weigh The Chicks! TF Tells Ranger Colin "NO MORE BASKETS!" 9.17.24 video by Lady Hawk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el6U1g6ArPg

1, 2, 3, TF chick jumps and hop glides downhill. Will he come back up? [Yes, he does].

Top Flat Track chick is 230 days old and weighs 9.5 kg. There was no weight for Top Flat Track chick last week. A bolus of squid beaks and one small fragment of hard plastic was found over the weekend where Top Flat Track chick had spent much time. At his last weigh 2 weeks ago, he was 9.1 kg. The average weight for a 230-day old male toroa is 9.5 kg. BOK fed her chick after weighing today.

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

This is a cute exchange, TF is trying to be the peace maker.... BOK goes to neighbor chick to make sure it's okay... TFT is not having a good day!!  ;D
Royal Albatross ~ CHICK FIGHT AT TOP FLAT! TFT Defends His Territory After BOK Arrives Home! 9.16.24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaNO6ZecUtI

Sep 15, 2024  #TAIAROA #royalcam #albatross
Early in the morning, we see TFT at his nest and another neighbor chick over to the left . TF announces his presence by running & flapping into view! TF heads over to TFT who is sleeping and looks around. TFT wakes up & clacks at TF for disturbing him. TF doesn't feel much like socializing so he turns around & heads back to his nest.

An hour later, BOK arrives close to TF and he comes over to her. She gives him a quick little clack warning, then heads over to TFT to begin a feeding. The other neighbor chick sees BOK and he runs to her to try and get a feeding but TFT snaps at him and defends his territory and feeding with BOK. Chick fight at Top Flat! TFT is boss and he sends the message to the other chick to scram and it does go beneath the hill.

TFT gets a feeding from BOK and TF comes over and is a gentleman as he watches the feeding from a respectable distance. When BOK is finished, she heads over to the neighbor chick who is at the far left and begins to preen its head. TFT is frustrated for BOK ending the feeding and to see all these other chicks around so he starts in with TF & clacks at him. TF turns and goes back to his nest. Then TFT goes over to BOK and the other chick and he has another chick fight with it - sending the neighbor away from his territory. TFT is the boss! Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7723 on: September 17, 2024, 12:38:08 PM »

PHYL  Squirrel tickling mouse nose  ;D   I remember mystery island from the first go around - so eerie  365
Seems we've been saying this from the beginning - Something in the environment is causing the eggs to break - something the eagles are eating.???  Hopefully some investigation is ongoing?  Looking back at the history - only a few have hatched and fledged for years now.

LISA   Boys heading back a day early - Seems Tim was so sick last night - suspicious food poisoning.  We shall see.  I have not spoken with him.

KB  I vote for a short walk on a short leash- maybe two times on cooler days.   Thanks for post Bryce's piece - How exciting for him.
I so want to get to the international Crane Foundation one day.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #7724 on: September 17, 2024, 12:52:29 PM »

PHYL  Squirrel tickling mouse nose  ;D   I remember mystery island from the first go around - so eerie  365
Seems we've been saying this from the beginning - Something in the environment is causing the eggs to break - something the eagles are eating.???  Hopefully some investigation is ongoing?  Looking back at the history - only a few have hatched and fledged for years now.

LISA   Boys heading back a day early - Seems Tim was so sick last night - suspicious food poisoning.  We shall see.  I have not spoken with him.

KB  I vote for a short walk on a short leash- maybe two times on cooler days.   Thanks for post Bryce's piece - How exciting for him.
I so want to get to the international Crane Foundation one day.

Thanks, tsk...that's what I'm thinking as well. Depression seems to have sat in him today...that can't be good either....short walks in the cooler days ahead. I'll observe him closely of course.