Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542752 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5445 on: June 16, 2024, 11:23:09 AM »

SWFL M15

Hellgate Finn

Happy Father's Day for All Dads!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5446 on: June 16, 2024, 11:43:34 AM »

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5447 on: June 16, 2024, 11:45:45 AM »

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!  :D

NR, that's sad news about the WF Osprey nest chick - RIP, Little One.  :( I hope the other chick and the parents will have good success for the rest of this nesting season, with a successful fledge of the surviving ospreylet.  :-*

TSK, I love your pics of Lulu! Great one of Lulu supervising Tim!  ;) :D  Have you been watching any of the U.S. Open Golf Tourney? They sure have had some hot weather, making for very fast, greens! Some of the usual top contenders didn't make the cut, no thanks to those tricky conditions. Pinehurst is just up the road a piece, as they say.  ;) I have been there a number of times. My boyfriend for a couple of years, from 1998-2000, lived and worked there at one time, though he grew up in Conn. His parents lived in their wonderful home on No. 2 in retirement. It was a getaway from their Conn home for the years prior to their retirement. It was later sold to a famous person!  8) LOL. The Tony Awards are tonight on CBS, at 8p, Eastern time. I will be watching! It might not be very many years till we all see your great-niece on stage at those awards, too! Does she watch that awards show?

Eburg, thanks for the heads-up on the collapse of the Decorah North nest... Looks like a supporting branch gave way! Glad the Eagles there seem to be okay, from recent reports today.  :-*

Clynn, those were all great pics of The Munchkins from this past Wednesday!  :-* :-* It sounds like the park will be ready when they get back from their Branson trip. Yay! Hope they have a great time on their getaway! Thanks for the pics and info re. the collapsed North Nest.  ???  Dang!! So thankful that DN17 and DN18 have already successfully fledged! Now we will need to wait till the end of Summer, or Fall, to see if they rebuild anywhere nearby.  :-\ 
I love the Lichen Hand!!  Here's a song for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZlWLH8SiF8  :D

Phyl, your Father's Day meal with Jim sounds divine! Yum!  :)

Lisa, I hope you and Jeff are having a good weekend. Y'all planning something from the grill for dinner today?  :D

E4E, Bon Voyage!!  :D  I hope you and Kris have the perfect Alaska cruise and vacation!!

Lani, I hope you and Mike are having a relaxing weekend. I can't remember if you said if Shannon will make it there this weekend, but I'm guessing Aly's too far away for a visit right now. I wonder if Mike will get a fresh new stash of Cozy Burgers for Father's Day?!?  ;D  I hope you both are feeling better!! Thanks for your recent updates and pics from the Royal Albies - those big babies are sooo fluffy-looking, I want to hug them!!  :-* :-*, Millie and Willi and their new chick, Lynn Rogers and the bears - ((Little Bear!))  :-* :-* and those sweet endangered sloths... so great to read about their one sloth who was recently re-wilded!! Yay!! I love that they put an air tag on him so they can follow him, as long as that lasts!  Love the pics and good news from Iris and Finn, and their little one!! Oh, and thanks for the pic from SWFL and M15!! :-* :-*  :-*

KB, Yes. I. Get. It. LOL. Cute joke.  :D  Love the Secretary Bird!  :-*

Tig, I hope the wings were yummy last night! Mmm, stroganoff, too. Yum! You and Camper have a nice day today!  :)

Puff, I hope you have a relaxing day, a nice cup of tea, some pretty birds out your window, and you can stay in the cool!  :)

Lori, thanks for the good wishes and yummy treats. I would love one of those maple bacon donuts! I'll take TSK's, too, since she is declining!  ;D That looks like Papa Bear driving that car.  ;) :D I hope you and Destini are having a good weekend!  :)

Oldguy, I hope cards were good to you last night! I hope you don't have to work today and can enjoy a relaxing day in the cool!  :D

Karen, I hope you and Piper have a better latching system on your porch screen door now, or soon, and enjoy a little glider-sitting-and-swinging/gliding time out there when the temps cool down a bit.  :)

BL, it sounds like a great time with great weather for you, Pip, and Kopje, via The Pickle! Enjoy!! :D

Waving to All the Beakers!!  :D :-*

I loved all the "throwback" pics for Dad's Day!  :D :-*

:-*
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 11:44:08 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #5448 on: June 16, 2024, 12:14:45 PM »

Hey I found an old one of my Dad!...not a very good one, but hey, it's old!

He was a lieutenant in the army at 19 yrs old...

Have no idea what the model of car this is?

Died way too young of a heart attack at 56....a lawyer after service.

kbshcb

« Reply #5449 on: June 16, 2024, 12:20:26 PM »

Today I learned that in Finland they use to have about 4,000 reindeer/ car accidents a year so they paint their antlers with reflective paint and this is vaguely terrifying

How innovative.

I'm inside for the day...dew point is 69 with temps going above 90 we are in a heat advisory.

Got the front mowed earlier....and moved special plants as large hail is a possibility with tonight's thunderstorms..

LisaG1967

« Reply #5450 on: June 16, 2024, 01:01:55 PM »

clynn - Cool lichen little hand.  RRP posted this on their FB post a bit ago.
Raptor Resource Project

We are sad to report that the Decorah North nest came down this morning after heavy rain added weight to the nest tree branches.  The nest tree support branches had been deteriorating and it was just a matter of time before something happened. 
We are thankful that DN17 and DN18 both survived and, although it looked like DN18 (perched to the right), could have been in the mix of branches coming down, DN18 is looking good, navigating through the wet grass and being discovered by cattle.  DN17 remained in the air through the event and is also looking good.  We hope for a normal post-fledge development stage in the coming weeks for DN17 and DN18.  We will be monitoring them by camera and boots on the ground as necessary.
It is too soon to tell what our plan is for any nest work since the tree is in the slow process of dying.  We will be developing a plan in the coming weeks.  Until then, we are looking forward to some extended time with Mr. North, DNF, and our two precious eaglets!

Lani - Love all your Father's Day pic.  :D

tig - Ooo, I might have to try that one. 

baz - Awww, love the pic of you all and your Dad.  We are grilling pizza today! 

kb
- Good pic of your Dad.  Very cool idea for the antlers. 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5451 on: June 16, 2024, 01:06:36 PM »

BAZI    Yes, have the game on now.  Tim says so many balls rolling off the greens isn't fair  LOL   How about that, you are familiar with Pinehurst.   And boyfriend's parent retirement home on #2.  Cool.  They used to have the Western Open in a south suburb of Chicago and for 2 years my friends and I were " quiet" signs holders ( we could stand at the tee box or mid fairway or on the putting green) If you were a ball spotters we would mark balls if they were in the rough, praying we could find them  LOL  Vijay Sing threw me his golf ball after putting out a hole  LOL  Those were fun days.  So many things happen as golfers walk down the fairway that aren't televised.  I remember running out on the fairway and picking up "his" cigarette butt.   ::)    I have the Tony's set to record.  It is the only awards show I watch!!!  Great niece family does not have network or cable or satellite  TV in their home, so unless it is streamed....Think I'll text her and find out.  Good song for Lichen hand  :)    What a great photo.  Dad looks good.  Kind of like the distinguished 1860's   ;D

KB  Very handsome and young lieutenant!!

LISA   Thanks for the updated report from Decorah north
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #5452 on: June 16, 2024, 01:23:10 PM »

Happy Father’s Day to Dads of all ilks!  Super picture of M15!    Sorry about the Norths nest but the tree has ben  cracking all. week!   Thought the tree looked dead and maybe just this part!   Hopefully. mr. N will step up and guard the eaglets from harm!   Wonder where they will rebuild .  They have a good  lumber supply!

Temp  here is 93 degrees  and the dew point is 53!  Humidity 51%  which is lower and more comfortable than our usual morning highs!   No heat advisories !

Piper and I are lounging around, hoping all is well with everyone!  Lori, we had some of all  of your  delicious goodies this morning!  So good!   Sounds like everyone is having  or had good 👍 dinners!
Eagles,Safe and fun travels!  See you and pictures later! 

Tsk!   Fun on the golf course! 

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5453 on: June 16, 2024, 01:44:02 PM »

BAZI    Yes, have the game on now.  Tim says so many balls rolling off the greens isn't fair  LOL   How about that, you are familiar with Pinehurst.   And boyfriend's parent retirement home on #2.  Cool.  They used to have the Western Open in a south suburb of Chicago and for 2 years my friends and I were " quiet" signs holders ( we could stand at the tee box or mid fairway or on the putting green) If you were a ball spotters we would mark balls if they were in the rough, praying we could find them  LOL  Vijay Sing threw me his golf ball after putting out a hole  LOL  Those were fun days.  So many things happen as golfers walk down the fairway that aren't televised.  I remember running out on the fairway and picking up "his" cigarette butt.   ::)    I have the Tony's set to record.  It is the only awards show I watch!!!  Great niece family does not have network or cable or satellite  TV in their home, so unless it is streamed....Think I'll text her and find out.  Good song for Lichen hand  :)    What a great photo.  Dad looks good.  Kind of like the distinguished 1860's   ;D

KB  Very handsome and young lieutenant!!

LISA   Thanks for the updated report from Decorah north

TSK, I looked this up on CBS's website just now, about ways to watch the Tony Awards tonight - with or without cable or satellite, streaming, and not streaming. Maybe their story at this link will help those who need some extra options:
https://www.cbsnews.com/essentials/how-to-watch-the-2024-tony-awards/?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=exchange#tblciGiBg2DhlQhzM9njZb2WGoq_HHP4_IJMiVLojS3wwW6uJ9iDM1E8ovNHr1dSklbNtMPexPw
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5454 on: June 16, 2024, 02:50:03 PM »

an aside... my Bro played Pinehurst many, many years ago

MN Beakers... my Bro n S.I.L. are scheduled to be guests on Minnesota Live on Jun 21, KSTP, 9 a.m.    :o

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #5455 on: June 16, 2024, 02:54:38 PM »

KB - my best guess is that the car is a 1939 or 1940 Ford Coupe...  License plate is dated 1941
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #5456 on: June 16, 2024, 03:02:13 PM »

KB - my best guess is that the car is a 1939 or 1940 Ford Coupe...  License plate is dated 1941

Very cool, oldguy...thank you.

If I assume he was 19 in this picture that makes the car 6 - 7 years old
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 03:15:13 PM by kbshcb »

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #5457 on: June 16, 2024, 03:12:13 PM »

Blue Angels Flight Demolition Team on the Mississippi Flyway Cam at LaCrosse, Wis. now.  Hour long show.  Advise turning sound down.  ;) ;) :)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

oldguy

« Reply #5458 on: June 16, 2024, 03:22:59 PM »

Hello Beakers...

Sorry to see that Decorah North Nest fell, but glad it lasted until the 'kids' fledged.  An abundance of large trees in the area - hopefully DN Mom and Dad find one to their liking that is within camera shot.

We have been missing out on any good rains since June 1 - grass is turning brown and slow growth.  Last night's rain slid off to our north and todays to our south.  Wed/Thur is our next chance on the forecast - but we have missed out on at least 5 days of forecasted rain this month.  Low 90s for today and mid 90s Mon. and Tue., then low 90s the rest of the week.

Last night's games were 0 out of 2 - just could not get into our feet as fast as the ladies on final hand of both games...

Ran across this video Friday - The piano player had no clue who she was.  This was filmed at the public piano in the Warsaw Airport.  Read the comments for ID of girl, if you do not recognize her.  She went viral about 2.5 years ago...
This 6 years old girl almost made me cry   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQxhagDX0i8

We Moved to a New Place (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk0OajR-MCY

Maru has a truly excellent sense of balance   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtizZDzSxMs

Trivia with Penny the talking cat!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srtk6PwdR0Q

Colt's birthday was last week...
Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids play "Scarlet Begonias/Fire on the Mountain"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Y-jD9EVI4
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Puff

« Reply #5459 on: June 16, 2024, 05:07:58 PM »

Mc rolled it around, Good ending  tsk

Double duty - watching US Open and nest updates.

P