Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 192857 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2535 on: March 16, 2024, 01:06:49 PM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

BAZI   Tarheels  ;D ;D

EAGLES  I drive all the time - just not downtown or in strange places at night.

LANI   That cliff area is kind of like an albie commune  LOLOL 

OLDGUY   Hyena and donkey  Who knew.  :o   Walter and the squeeky toy  ;D   We all know about the clinic smell  ;D

PHYL   The AM kitties are all ready for tomorrow  ;)   Peek a boo parrot  ;D

CLYNN   Can't wait to hear how the Harley/ S&S greeting went  ;)   Multnomah Falls   WOW

KB   Awww  that elie and his sick friend  :'( :'(

TSK, I love your pic of Lulu at your front window!!  :-* :-* I bet she's getting to watch some good action now that the birdies are getting their Spring-time "crazies." Pooh, I was trying to re-display Lulu's pic upright here, embedded, but I can't get it to work right.  :-*   :D

Oldguy, it sounds like Spring has sprung at your store now! Yep, lots of exciting games, and surprises in the Conference Tourney basketball games!! That's making for some guessing about the seedings/pairings for who all gets in to play in the big NCAA Tournament. I will be watching tomorrow when the final NCAA Tourney Brackets get decided! Lots of fun!  ;D  If y'all are getting together for it - Good luck at cards tonight!!  :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 01:13:02 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #2536 on: March 16, 2024, 01:17:52 PM »

bounce

It seems like the musician recognizes me... with a hug and chat... although we only see each other one day a year! A nice couple shared their table with us but we only stayed to eat during the first set. It was a high top table/chairs. Not comfy. Who invented high tops!? Why?
Great music from the duo ... guitar and bodhran: http://www.theirishbrigadeband.com/wordpress_IB/

HAGD

Tig, hope the food was good, at least, and the 1 set of Irish music. I believe those high-top tables and tall chairs were designed for seating people near the bar, and near some countertops, to be at pretty much the same height as the bar/countertop height, and the people sitting at them. LOL on the friendly musician!  :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 02:02:10 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #2537 on: March 16, 2024, 01:29:23 PM »

Thanks Tsk!  Was going to post that they were on fledge watch and was finishing set one of three when this happened!  E23 back in the nest tree after several exploratory flights and stops in the pasture area!  He has good landing skills!  Back squeeing for applause for his performance or  for lunch!

Damp following an overnight rain and a high of 83 today.  Same for tomorrow and cooler Monday and for a few days!

Eburg, watcher Iowa til half time and fell asleep!  Congratulations on the win!  Not pleased that they  beat Illinois on the 10th however!  Old Guy, sorry about your loss!  You have a very successful ladies team to cheer for.

Clynn, what fun are you having with tge kitties and Harley?   Shoukd be in full swing now!
Are Bellas glasses bifocals or does she have to take them off every time she reads close up?   Might be a hard adjustment!  Or hard in the glasses. On and off!   Good call on the teacher.

Karen, yay! for E23's successful fledge! Accidental, or not, it sounds like he is doing really well to have made several flights in the pasture, and made it back to the nest tree, safely! Yayay for E23!!   :D :-* I hope you didn't jump up, mid-exercise set, and mess up your ears!  ;) Just joking!

Clynn, we might need that gameboard and pieces to track Harley and The Kittens, too!  ;) ;) :D But that all sounds like a good, working plan for all. Glad to hear Harley did well at the new vet.  :-*  Can't wait to hear what happens between Harley and Sam and Sophie with their first tête-à-tête!  :D  Those falls are gorgeous!! Yummy salmon and asparagus planned for your Sunday dinner - that's a great combo!!  :)

baziunc

« Reply #2538 on: March 16, 2024, 01:59:30 PM »

We likely have underestimated the reptilian brain.

https://mastodon.social/@splattne/112089164918819273

I apologise if this has already been posted.  I have been resting my eyes and could not keep up with all the posts when I finally got back here.

:D :D :D :D :D LOLOL!!! Hi Emyr!!!   :) I LOVE that short video of the cute little turtle just riding away and doing great steering his skateboard, and the cat's expression is too much!!  ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* Too funny!!! And yes! turtles and those reptilian brains have gotten short shrift!!  ;) :D  Glad to see you back in The Beak! I hope you are getting along okay - and maybe starting to thaw out a bit there now.  :)

baziunc

« Reply #2539 on: March 16, 2024, 02:22:34 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers! HAPPY CATURDAY!  :D

I'm heading out for a walk.

Have a great day!  :)

karengramke

« Reply #2540 on: March 16, 2024, 03:51:14 PM »

Emy, what Baz said.  Lol!

Hate high top tables!  Too short!  Do not mind bars as there is usually a rail to assist with a step up!   Got a real screwed up grocery order today!   Ugh!

Tig, I have read that well watered plants do better in freezing temps tgan those not watered in!   Good luck .  I think the tulips will be fine.  I always water  transplants!

LisaG1967

« Reply #2541 on: March 16, 2024, 04:23:58 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

tig - Sounds like you had a nice night. 

kb - Was watching Decorah, and cam op gave a tour around hatchery of the clouds.  They were awesome looking.

tsk - Oh no, accidental fledge at SWFL?  Love your pic of Lulu!

Lani - Hope your zoom meeting went well. 

karen - Yay, thanks for the follow-up on tsk's post.  E23 testing out those wings? ;D

Lori - Great Caturday pics and goodies. 

baz - Have a great Saturday watching the games.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2542 on: March 16, 2024, 04:36:34 PM »

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2543 on: March 16, 2024, 04:37:02 PM »

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2544 on: March 16, 2024, 04:38:05 PM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #2545 on: March 16, 2024, 04:41:20 PM »

CLynn  glad Harley did well at vet's, better diet than the other  ;)    Yes ! Everyone has  lots of info on lots of subjects to share---keeps the brain active. Enjoyed your  Caturdays---awesome Multnomah Falls, Oregon tks

Kb touching Ellie video

Tsk  awwww Lulu at the window.  Those bar tables are a challenge for me too.  Ft Myers fledge  ---well for an accident  young SWFL  E23 did
quite well IMHO ;)

Lisa cute Irish kitty this am;  salmon for the birthday fella -- ;)          Maggie will go nuts  next month she's at a  birthday milestone and I have a seafood smorgasbord planned.  ;)

Tig Says secure site.   But sounds like it was a fun night :(  Good luck with your gardening

Lori great  Caturday stuff  tks

Emy  cute turtle video, cat thinks ' What?!   A strange sort of  kitten. LOL   nope never been posted before that I recall

#IstandwithEvan

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2546 on: March 16, 2024, 05:25:14 PM »

Bounce

I see one forecast that says precipitation for several days the end of next week. I'll let that suffice for the fern.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2547 on: March 16, 2024, 05:38:24 PM »

TIG  If  I were you I would water the rhizomes well 1 time and they should do well.

KAREN  Glad you provided the update on E23.   I saw that later that E23 had returned on his own.  Yes his performance should earn him some "brownie" points. ;D ;D   Karen I made the dessert - HOWEVER  Misread the carton of milk and didn't realize it was buttermilk - I was wondering why the pudding did not gel   ::) ::) ::).   SO we had a very elaborate grasshopper pudding dessert  LOLOL  I will make it again however using the right milk.   Also there is not the size pudding on the self they ask for ( 3.9 oz)  - ever so I just used large.

LORI   Great Caturday posts  ;D   Love the fat cat- feet up- on the table  LOL

BAZI  I'm so glad you post times for the games.  What time are the brackets being announced tomorrow?  Uncle Jim just left .  Early dinner of corned beef and cabbage, potatoes carrots.  I see MU game is on now  YAY  Dishwasher is going - My soft clothes are on!

PHYL    LOL  " He saw you in curlers"  ;D

LANI   ..." they sent the ugly fireman"  LOL

EMY   That was a great piece with the turtle skate boarder and the kitty  LOL
Chicagoland

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #2548 on: March 16, 2024, 08:01:55 PM »

:')  Cyclones.  Unbelieveable!  Hope they can continue in the NCAA Tourney.  :)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

Phyl

« Reply #2549 on: March 16, 2024, 08:53:44 PM »

Tig I have 'wild' fern thriving around my drippy outdoor faucet...English Ivy going nutzoid there,  too. You have a nice garden---post
snaps of this year's?

Tsk oh Blah!! Buttermilk by accident  :P. Here's to a next time

Dinner:  Pizza--- my fave, pepperoni and mushroom on mozzarella  over a traditional tomato sauce w/ ultra thin crust X 2; garden green salad w/ olive oil vinaigrette and lots of vino.   ;D
No dessert  ;)     Mission Impossible movie series

#IstandwithEvan