Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 677183 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2565 on: March 17, 2024, 06:42:06 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE

High today will be 36.

PHYL  Love the ear holes on goodnight kitty's crocheted hat  ;D   Cute collection of Irish characters this AM

BAZI   Rough night for BB  :(

EAGLES  Bet your grandson is one of the top players.  What position does he play?

BL  Wade or swim?

OLDGUY   Such a rough time for Iceland.

CLYNN   How did the get together go with the cats?
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #2567 on: March 17, 2024, 09:53:40 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Phyl - LOL, the stone kitty!  Awww, Maggie is going to have a seafood feast too for her birthday?  Your pizza sounded good.  Thanks for all the links. 

tsk - Your St. Paddy's dinner sounded good yesterday.  I am going to get some Corned Beef Reuben's from one of the local restaurants for late lunch/early dinner.

E4E - Misty does not like people food...thank goodness!  Your grandson did great at his baseball game.

Lani - Bandit loves catnip, but not in toys, too! 

clynn - Love that St. Paddy's planter, and the Irish blessing. 

tig - Oh no, snowflakes!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2568 on: March 17, 2024, 11:03:10 AM »

TIG  some good Irish music to start the day.  We had snowflakes her as well.

LISA  Ruebens are the way to go.  Would rather do that than the meal. 

My great niece - the sister of the " Broadway to be star" is the ice skater ( 11 yrs old).  Her ice review is today so off to see that in about an hour.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2569 on: March 17, 2024, 11:57:42 AM »

Happy St. Patrick's Day Beakers!
Morning Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Clynn, Hildermann does a fantastic job of reporting on the Iceland volcano lava flow. Boy, is it flowing... glad your cat family is being introduced. I'm sure your vet helped you with ideas too... Miss Bella will look adorable with glasses, just like her beautiful mom. Love today's St. Pat's pics.

Phyl, thanks for history of St. Patrick's Day.  I had chosen my morning pic before I read your post, so I appreciate it's history.... a gathering of Sandhill cranes and off they go... I wish we had a telescope. So much to see out in the universe. thanks for the Livescience link.

BL, Beautiful Tea cups... Have you and Pip ever been to any of the falls on any of the Hawaiian isles?

Tig, thanks for links

Lisa, Mike's going to pick up a Reuben for my late lunch today too. He'll have his usual Sunday halibut for his dinner.  ;D

Tsk, you have very talented great nieces. Good luck to her!  ;D

{{{Baz}}}

{{{Puff}}} thinking of you  :-*

Mike's lower back is giving him problems again, he'll have to get in for another shot, but this time in a different area. He can't lay down, so sleeping at night hasn't been comfortable for the past week or more. Mike keeps his pain discomfort to himself, but I'm not blind. I catch him holding on to the walls or counters again. His last shot was Dec. 23rd. He was able to go 14 months before he had an injection into the spine in Dec., now he needs one sooner. We're hoping he doesn't have to go through an MRI and insurance approval before he can get one. He needs to fly to Utah to check on his company truckers end of March. Well, he's looking forward to March Madness Bracket announcement at 3pm PT. I wonder how many in our Big 12 conference will be invited.  ;D

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #2570 on: March 17, 2024, 12:03:41 PM »

What fun I've been having. . .NOT!  But I did get back in enough to check in.   :-\   New machine switched me into HP 11 -  What's the old saying?  Something about "old dog, new tricks".  It ain't fun.  But I'll keep working on things.  Worst modification so far would be getting/sending mail.  (Not that I use it that much?)   :'(  They do give me the option to revert back to 10 -- as soon as I solve that riddle, maybe soon.

Did get in and figure out how to open/read forum channels.  One major kink even here; maybe Amy can give me a clue.

OK switch to a fun day and celebration!!!!  I do have ala my Dad some distant link to the Irish.  (Reminder - I am an "American" mix, makes me true American:  Mom = German/Russian   Dad = Italian/Irish/Cherokee)  I finished baking last night and cut into one of my Irish Soda Breads.  Had 2 slices for breakfast.   Truth be told:  L got the recipe from an Irish travel advisor in north Chicago area.  Most don't know there is a "to do" between Chicago area northern Irish and southside Irish.  There is also a "rivalry" when it comes to Irish soda bread.  While chatting with my orthopedic surgeon (James Moran), conversation between the two of us who like to talk always,  he asked me what I use in my recipe.  He informed me when I finished that his wife made hers the same way.  Unfortunately, his declaration was that that is not Irish soda bread but American Irish soda bread.  Well, la di dah!  My rebuttal was that I've tasted Irish soda bread many times while in Ireland - very seldome and very little.  It's horri  terrible.   ;D  They just use a lot of Guiness to wash it down.   ::) 

Now I'm ready to start the corned beef.  (I don't like cooked cabbage, so for my tradition I use brussel sprouts.  Always made cabbage for Ton.)  Also listening to Irish folk and reel music while watching games.  Love corned beef.  I'll be doing leftovers for the week.

Glad to be back in the groove, even if there are ruts.

P

P.S.  Yes I have been to the "old sod" I guess maybe 6 or 7 times.  I have the greatest of many reasons for me to say it is my #1 choice for a beautiful, fun, people friendly of places I've been to.  I've also taken on the challenge of getting certified by their master national travel bureau. 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2571 on: March 17, 2024, 12:12:36 PM »

bounce

((( Mike/Lani )))

(( Puff ))

I'll be making a poutine of sorts from leftovers for an early supper.

BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #2572 on: March 17, 2024, 12:31:35 PM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2573 on: March 17, 2024, 12:42:26 PM »

TIG  If  I were you I would water the rhizomes well 1 time and they should do well.

KAREN  Glad you provided the update on E23.   I saw that later that E23 had returned on his own.  Yes his performance should earn him some "brownie" points. ;D ;D   Karen I made the dessert - HOWEVER  Misread the carton of milk and didn't realize it was buttermilk - I was wondering why the pudding did not gel   ::) ::) ::).   SO we had a very elaborate grasshopper pudding dessert  LOLOL  I will make it again however using the right milk.   Also there is not the size pudding on the self they ask for ( 3.9 oz)  - ever so I just used large.

LORI   Great Caturday posts  ;D   Love the fat cat- feet up- on the table  LOL

BAZI  I'm so glad you post times for the games.  What time are the brackets being announced tomorrow?  Uncle Jim just left .  Early dinner of corned beef and cabbage, potatoes carrots.  I see MU game is on now  YAY  Dishwasher is going - My soft clothes are on!

PHYL    LOL  " He saw you in curlers"  ;D

LANI   ..." they sent the ugly fireman"  LOL

EMY   That was a great piece with the turtle skate boarder and the kitty  LOL

TSK, the regular CBS network channel will announce the official NCAA Tourney Brackets starting at 6pm, Eastern time, today. After that's over, ESPN and other sports channels will have all the talking heads doing analysis of the brackets/Bracketology for about as long as anyone cares to listen to it, and more.  ;) :D  Sorry about your Marquette Golden Eagles - it was a close game till about halfway through the 2nd half. Looks like they're headed to the NCAA Tourney anyway - same situation as for my Tarheels.  :(

Eburg, your Iowa State game was incredible!!! They chewed up Number 1 Houston from the very beginning, and spat them out at the end!!   ;D ;D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #2574 on: March 17, 2024, 12:45:26 PM »

:')  Cyclones.  Unbelieveable!  Hope they can continue in the NCAA Tourney.  :)

Eburg, that was something to behold!!! Way to go Iowa State Cyclones!!!  :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #2575 on: March 17, 2024, 12:58:00 PM »

Just amazing. Bl!
 Baz, I am not sure you are going to be happy with this hame but I think ncs has been on a hot run!  We will see.  As they say, ain’t over til the fat lady sings!
Love the cat Phyl posted  re telling him what he did wrong!  So true!
Piper and I are tired sonwill turn this thing off!  Seds

Karen, not happy hardly describes it.  ;) :o Yes, NC State's team has been possessed during the entire Conference Tourney - definitely a different team from their regular season play. They played great last night. What can I say? I feel bad for my Tarheels, who had a bad shooting night, and seemed to forget to play their usual top-performing offensive rebounding.  ??? ::)  Even so, they still won the regular season conference championship title, and have that banner hung in the rafters of the Dean Dome in Chapel Hill, and the corresponding trophy in the case there at the Dean Smith Center, already. So that's a major positive! And, they will be moving on now to the NCAA Tournament - and I hope they will shake off last night's game, and still get their Number 1 Seed for The Big Dance... which we will see, officially, tonight at 6pm (Eastern) on CBS, when the NCAA Tournament brackets are officially announced. GO HEELS!!  ;D

baziunc

« Reply #2576 on: March 17, 2024, 01:07:56 PM »

{{{Baz}}} What a game, we watched, Mike even got his half time popcorn out too. Sorry  :(. But, now we have to shake it off, and get ready for next week. Mike thinks Tarheels will be one of the Top four seeds.  :-*

Lani, LOL on Mike's halftime popcorn! I am guessing (because of some of our shared KU/UNC basketball history) that he may have been very much enjoying watching NC State topple UNC!!  ::) :P ;)  Oh well, that's basketball fandom!!   ;) ;D   See my earlier reply post to Karen for my take on the game last night.  :P  Oh well, moving along... Time to shrug off what's past, and get ready for The Big Dance! Yay! I'm hoping Mike's right about UNC still getting one of the Number 1 Seeds... we'll find out for certain in a few hours!! Fingers, talons, and everything else, crossed!!!  :D

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2577 on: March 17, 2024, 01:12:27 PM »

{{{Baz}}} What a game, we watched, Mike even got his half time popcorn out too. Sorry  :(. But, now we have to shake it off, and get ready for next week. Mike thinks Tarheels will be one of the Top four seeds.  :-*

Lani, LOL on Mike's halftime popcorn! I am guessing (because of some of our shared KU/UNC basketball history) that he may have been very much enjoying watching NC State topple UNC!!  ::) :P ;)  Oh well, that's basketball fandom!!   ;) ;D   See my earlier reply post to Karen for my take on the game last night.  :P  Oh well, moving along... Time to shrug off what's past, and get ready for The Big Dance! Yay! I'm hoping Mike's right about UNC still getting one of the Number 1 Seeds... we'll find out for certain in a few hours!! Fingers, talons, and everything else, crossed!!!  :D

LOL Baz! Nope we were cheering for the Tarheels  :-* . We just closed our eyes when Roy Williams came into view. LOL!!! Well, I did... Mike's very forgiving.  ;D

Does anyone in the Beak use the Robo Vac? Our walking buddy is considering getting one.
Their sweet 20 year old cat Lucy passed away last spring. They are ready to get another cat and rescue Goldie puppy to go with their 6 year old dog Molly. So, they are considering getting one for their wood/tile floors. They are reading comments on the product. So any Beaker comments on the Robo vac would be appreciated.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 01:21:01 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #2578 on: March 17, 2024, 01:24:04 PM »

Given it's corned beef day....I don't have any. But so reminded me of a common meal at my house called
Creamed chipped beef on toast....It was an army meal...my Dad was a lieutenant in the army so I suppose?

I have no idea where to buy chipped beef anymore?....anyone?..maybe they don't sell it.

creamed chipped beef recipe....very similar to what I ate and loved btw, minus the onion.
https://www.food.com/recipe/creamed-chipped-beef-on-toast-17002

This is the only difference I could find off google:
Dried beef, also called chipped beef, is beef that has been partially dried, salt-cured and thinly sliced.

Is corned beef also brined? the only difference?

Am I alone on this One?

kbshcb

« Reply #2579 on: March 17, 2024, 01:30:18 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1769403487455158600

Major equipment helps an elephant and then comes back to say thank you!

Getting ready to do some carpet cleaning...after moving furniture esp..Colin brought his over to me. My extractor no longer works. His is same name brand, Bissell, but newer and much lighter!...yah, some newer products have value..at least for us older folks LOL.