Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 192844 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2520 on: March 16, 2024, 07:00:21 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1766320509023912244
An Elephant Comes To  Visit Its Elderly Human Companion In Village Hospital🥹❤️

Heartwarming...

Happy Saturday.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2521 on: March 16, 2024, 07:23:34 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

BAZI   Tarheels  ;D ;D

EAGLES  I drive all the time - just not downtown or in strange places at night.

LANI   That cliff area is kind of like an albie commune  LOLOL 

OLDGUY   Hyena and donkey  Who knew.  :o   Walter and the squeeky toy  ;D   We all know about the clinic smell  ;D

PHYL   The AM kitties are all ready for tomorrow  ;)   Peek a boo parrot  ;D

CLYNN   Can't wait to hear how the Harley/ S&S greeting went  ;)   Multnomah Falls   WOW

KB   Awww  that elie and his sick friend  :'( :'(
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #2522 on: March 16, 2024, 08:12:48 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Caturday!!!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes for Bandit  :-* :-*

tsk - Whizzing thru the city like nobody's business  ;D 

karen - Glad that you and Piper had some nice porch time.

E4E - Glad to hear that your Mom is doing ok.

Lani - Oooh, a nice cozy fire. Thanks for Royal updates.

oldguy - Thanks for the videos.

Phyl - Just the nice piece of baked salmon for Bandit.  He is not really one to pay with toys.

clynn - Your Sunday dinner sounds good. 

kb - Aww, the ellie

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2523 on: March 16, 2024, 08:29:49 AM »

bounce

It seems like the musician recognizes me... with a hug and chat... although we only see each other one day a year! A nice couple shared their table with us but we only stayed to eat during the first set. It was a high top table/chairs. Not comfy. Who invented high tops!? Why?
Great music from the duo ... guitar and bodhran: http://www.theirishbrigadeband.com/wordpress_IB/

HAGD
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #2524 on: March 16, 2024, 09:36:09 AM »

tig - can't open your link. Says secure site.

I think I know what you mean by high top....I have a dining room table that is one with high top chairs.
Comes in handy for the disabled to easily skootch in and sit....esp. after Scott had his industrial accident.
Our seats are comfy though...maybe yours were just wood and not upholstered?

Just took a graupel walk!...unintended of course but dark spring looking clouds and cold and then on the way home those clouds opened up. Not on radar, nor predicted.
The graupel was soft enough to not hurt though!..

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2525 on: March 16, 2024, 10:28:09 AM »

TIG   Fun time - good music and food.  Tim likes high tables cuz he's tall.  I almost need help up!!

An accidental fledge at Ft Myers!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWzGGTO8J9c
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 10:29:48 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2526 on: March 16, 2024, 10:56:16 AM »

bounce

TSK - yep, I understand. I hate the height of most chairs = too short. It is a good thing to climb up if there is a ring on the table for a place to rest feet. It was a rectangular table last night, so no ring. Not comfy.

KB - anyone? - I plan to give the tulips that are already coming up some water and not worry about the overnight cold since they are in a raised bed near the house.
Do you think I should water the fern rhizomes I transplanted or just leave them for now, as they appear to be in their dormant state?
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2527 on: March 16, 2024, 10:58:16 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

I have a 2 hour zoom meeting in an hour, I'll be back later!
Be safe, warm and enjoy the day Beakers!!
Especially our Beak Family basketball teams!!!
It's a great time for basketball!!! Good luck to all!!! ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #2528 on: March 16, 2024, 11:15:15 AM »

Thanks Tsk!  Was going to post that they were on fledge watch and was finishing set one of three when this happened!  E23 back in the nest tree after several exploratory flights and stops in the pasture area!  He has good landing skills!  Back squeeing for applause for his performance or  for lunch!

Damp following an overnight rain and a high of 83 today.  Same for tomorrow and cooler Monday and for a few days!

Eburg, watcher Iowa til half time and fell asleep!  Congratulations on the win!  Not pleased that they  beat Illinois on the 10th however!  Old Guy, sorry about your loss!  You have a very successful ladies team to cheer for.

Clynn, what fun are you having with tge kitties and Harley?   Shoukd be in full swing now!
Are Bellas glasses bifocals or does she have to take them off every time she reads close up?   Might be a hard adjustment!  Or hard in the glasses. On and off!   Good call on the teacher.

kbshcb

« Reply #2529 on: March 16, 2024, 11:23:05 AM »

bounce

TSK - yep, I understand. I hate the height of most chairs = too short. It is a good thing to climb up if there is a ring on the table for a place to rest feet. It was a rectangular table last night, so no ring. Not comfy.

KB - anyone? - I plan to give the tulips that are already coming up some water and not worry about the overnight cold since they are in a raised bed near the house.
Do you think I should water the fern rhizomes I transplanted or just leave them for now, as they appear to be in their dormant state?
I don't think watering will hurt at all tig...the topsoil has been unfrozen for some time. Even though we have several days ahead with nights in a hard freeze I don't think it's long enough now to worry. Daytime highs will all be above freezing.

I have heard several people are watering not just specific plants but their grass. I'm unwilling to turn the inside water on and off with freezing nights ahead, but believe me I thought about it.
I also didn't mow my back yard yesterday though I sure wanted to, to check the mower out, and I do that often early to "air out" my yard and pick up stray leaves, sticks, and bark before the spring rains return.
But, I didn't want to leave gas in my mower with our evening temps coming up.
Probably would have been okay but I bit my tongue so to speak.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #2530 on: March 16, 2024, 11:39:08 AM »

Good Morning and Happy Caturday Clynn, Karen, Kbs, tsk, Lani, Phyl, Karen, Lisa, oldguy, puff, tig, bazi, Jill, blschue, Paulie, T40, Emy, Lilbro, E4E, Peep, Nora, Ginger, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, lindy, Bggolden, godiva, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, nanimal, ruby, Oma,  f22raptor, jicaji, LB, the cheers & Jewelies groups and All!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2531 on: March 16, 2024, 12:26:58 PM »

Great game Baz! 8)

Lani, both teams played great last night in that UNC v. Pitt semi-final game! Whew, my UNC Tarheels won though! Yay!  :D  So UNC will play NC State tonight at 8:30pm (Eastern) for ACC Conference Tourney Championship, on ESPN. People here will call it the Carolina vs State game. There is only 23 miles distance between the campuses of UNC-Chapel Hill and NC State (in Raleigh), so we are major rivals!!

TSK, I will be checking in on your Marquette Golden Eagles' game later today. They play the UCONN Huskies for your Big East Conference Tourney Championship at 6:30pm (Eastern) on the Fox Network channel. That's going to be a BIG game!! Go Marquette!!  :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #2532 on: March 16, 2024, 12:44:55 PM »

And how 'bout those Cyclones! :) 8)

Eburg, yes! Iowa State Cyclones made minced meat of Baylor last night!!  ;D  So, it's your Iowa State Cyclones v. Houston Cougars (!!) today for the the Big 12 Conference Tourney Championship!!  6pm Eastern time, ESPN. Go Cyclones! Beat Houston!!!  8)  Sorry, Lani.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/cyclone-insider/2024/03/15/iowa-state-basketball-beats-baylor-to-earn-big-12-title-game-spot/72996829007/  (keep scrolling past all the embedded ads to read the whole article... a good review and preview)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #2533 on: March 16, 2024, 12:52:44 PM »

Royal Albatross ~ LGL & WYL Come Home To Feed Their Chicks! 💗 Sweet Neighborly Interactions 3.14.24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Q92vrolPA

Mar 15, 2024
This was a very interesting interaction by WYL and LGL when they came in to feed their chicks! First WYL arrives and he feeds TFT and sits and rests a while- then gives a 2nd feeding! TFT gets a huge piece (looks like a tentacle) and swallows it. WYL then leaves his nest and comes over to TF's nest and does some Albie- chick-sitting 🙂 Uncle WYL is such a great albie pseudo parent to TF.

LGL arrives back and walks up to her nest and has some neighborly interactions and preening with WYL. LGL walks over to TFT nest and WYL comes over and they have another preening session.

Albatross commonly will preen one another to remove head lice. It does not mean that they are interested in a new mate. LGL then returns to TF and gives her chick a feeding.

LGL returns to WYL and TFT and they interact once another. Looks like LGL does nudge TFT with her bill gently - TFT wants Dad all to his self! WYL starts in on giving TFT a 3rd feeding and LGL will leave. WYL departs shortly after LGL. TFT's weight should get a big bump up from today's feedings!! And will TF be able to maintain his status as the heaviest chick in the colony again next week? ♥

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

WYL and LGL at TF's nest
LGL leads WYL to TFT's nest
LGL and WYL check if the camera saw them canoodling  ;D 

Lani, I love this story - and the great pic with it! The Royal Albies are really special - love the way they look after each other!  :) :-* :-* :-* I'm so glad to hear you are getting a good, slow, soaking rain! Your area needs it - as do so many others. I thought I saw snow on the weather map near your area yesterday, so thanks for the confirmation that you did get a bit of slushy snow. It would be great if the desert gets another super bloom this year! I guess it's a wait-and-see at this point.

Emyrauld

« Reply #2534 on: March 16, 2024, 12:53:17 PM »

We likely have underestimated the reptilian brain.

https://mastodon.social/@splattne/112089164918819273

I apologise if this has already been posted.  I have been resting my eyes and could not keep up with all the posts when I finally got back here.
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks