Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545100 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #855 on: January 25, 2024, 06:32:18 AM »

I'm still here and kickin' Phyl.  No worries.  Spent last night counting the seconds of the off and on cycle of thesump pump.   :-\  A least it's still working. 
I thought this ugly ice/rain/snow routine was suppose to change on Wednesday.  Now it's pushed over to Friday.  At least things washed all the icy stuff into the sewers.  Kept me totally in the house, as KP said, for a couple of days.  Next year, just because, I'll keep some icemelt on hand.  Two newspapers ended up a useless soggy mess because I wasn't adventurous enough (aka stupid) to tackle the driveway.  Went on a couple of errands yesterday; have another early out today 10:30.

Also, keeping track of your issues.  Hope all ends soon.

Thanks for the checkin!

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #856 on: January 25, 2024, 06:54:00 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, cool car!  34, high 36 today, and rainy. The snow is slowly melting...  Continuing prayers for Maggie... and for you and Jim.... Very interesting article on Zealandia! And then New Zealand was created!  Fascinating!  365 so so for today, no wildlife as there usually is. Here's a throwback for Thursday!

Puff, yes, the warm up was also pushed out a few days here as well, but finally! I told Ed to be mindful of the sump pump too, it's raining as well as a lot of melting snow...

Lani, cute little sleeping pug!

baz, hope you had a good nights sleep...

tsk, I forgot to take the patch when I went out, but I did fine! That is a wonderful program that your church has for refugees. Sounds like they have everything covered!

Lisa, glad your Mom did well with the surgery, hoping she gets to go home today!

kb, good to hear that Mr. Tower is back! Keep the camera handy!

E4E, how was your dinner with friends? Always nice to get together with friends! I need to get in touch with our little group from work, it's time we met and had our pitcher of margueritas again!

karen, glad to hear you had a good day with your help! I wish I could open the door to the deck...  ;D

tig, haven't been to Perkins for a few years!  We usually go to Cracker Barrel, need to try Perking again. Both are close by.

SWFL Eagles -  Magnificent M and his precious baby E looking out ♥️🦅🦅♥️  Photo courtesy to M Liz Photos

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #857 on: January 25, 2024, 07:03:34 AM »

Great Photo MLiz Photos whoever you are!

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #858 on: January 25, 2024, 07:04:50 AM »

High today 40 - rain.   Snow disappearing quickly.

BAZI   How are you liking your new frig?

PHYL    The first Friday evening of every month in summer the town sponsors a classic car show.  That Fairlane reminded me of it.  :)    Beautiful Minn. sunrise 365 :)

PUFF   Agree - Had two events cancelled with the early week of ice issues.  We always have ice melt on the front porch and one in the garage.  I worry about the mail gal.  We got our mail at 10 PM last night as I was turning off the front light.  A sub mail person.  We did not get mail yesterday...Think a lot had to do with the ice.  I don't complain.  It is not a job I would want.

LISA  Hope Mom is perking up today  :-*

CLYNN   As many mornings we are posting at the same time  LOL    Love those throwbacks.  Life was so much simpler back then.      It is actually just my social concerns ministry that linked up with this group as a new Advent project.  Parishioners took a card off a tree and bought the gift listed and placed under the tree unwrapped.  We were told what the 27 baby items were which made it easy. Then  few of us assembled the "packets" - actually big bins to hole everything  We do not participate in the other things I listed.  It is what Exodus World Service does. We just chose the baby packets as it was an easy thing for our parish to do.
Sounds like you are already adapting to mono vision!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 07:06:51 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #859 on: January 25, 2024, 07:32:08 AM »

Hi tsk.  Funny meeting  you here. . .

In my case, the mailman has the easy part because he can stay in his little cabby and just reach out for the mailboxes at the curb.  Except in my case when something bigger is shipped USPS, then he has to park it and walk up the drive to the door.  Ergo - Christmas card +.

P

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #860 on: January 25, 2024, 07:55:43 AM »

Royal Albatross ~ Ranger Sharyn Afternoon Weight Check! Gives Thumbs Up - All Is OK! 👍 💗 1.25.24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8LupRqxR6I&t=2s

Jan 24, 2024
Ranger Sharyn visits the nest in the afternoon for the 2nd weight check up of the day. I can only imagine how busy the rangers are now with chicks hatching and requiring twice daily health checks, looking for the pips on the incubated eggs & watching over the eggs that are currently hatching in the incubator!! Many thanks to the rangers and the DOC staff for their dedication and love for these albie chicks!!

Sharyn gives us a thumbs up - meaning all is OK with the chick!

Sharyn does a through visual check on the chick today and she sprayed the chick's bottom with the AIL and also around the nest. Is is just me, or does the chick look bigger today?? ☺ Sharyn weighs the chick and puts it back under LGL who is happy to have her little one back underneath her. Sharon pulled up some grasses and nesting material and threw it to the side and pulled fresh grass and presented it as a gift to LGL. LGL loved the new grass gift and started moving it around as soon as Sharyn left. ♥ Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

1/25
Afternoon Sharyn. A lovely feed this afternoon with Mum and chick followed by a weight & health check with Ranger Sharyn.
Chick's weight 425g.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1750399294765736411

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Mike got up early (4am), so the cats got excited for an early breakfast. They walked over my face, Sadie grudging got up too.
So, I'm posting early before Sadie and I head out the door, anyway, it's still dark outside.

Clynn, great Throwback pics.... cute pic of M and E23.  :-*

Phyl, beautiful early morning vision.... interesting discovery of Zealandia....

{{{Puff}}} great to see your post. Take care  :-*

{{{Tsk}}}

Lisa, thinking of you and your mom. I hope she's feeling better and able to go home. :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #861 on: January 25, 2024, 08:16:16 AM »

Good job Tsk!   Hopefully  the new babies will thrive!
Sounds like the February  thaw is arriving early this year!  Temps reached 80 degrees yesterday  and may be there again today!   Humidity is 98% and the forecasted rain has been cancelled!   Cool down Sunday!
Phyl, will read your posts later!  Thanks.
Lisa, when do you start your trip back north?  Hope yoor mama is still on track for discharge today! Remember  day 3 post surgery is said to be the worst
Thanks for the Royal A report!  Amazing how tame these birds seem to be!
Bbl

kbshcb

« Reply #862 on: January 25, 2024, 08:50:14 AM »

Scottish Highland Cattle....luv these guys.

Foggy this morning but a titch warmer than yesterday, so don't think it's making freezing rain.
Therefore, I shall head out for some errands and a walk with Ollie later.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #863 on: January 25, 2024, 09:05:32 AM »

some bounce... Hey Baz.... Carlos, Coco, darn it

I was pleasantly surprised with the size and quality of the side salad that came with my steak. I brought half of my steak home with a few tots.

Hugs all
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #864 on: January 25, 2024, 09:11:22 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - Thanks for that SWFL update on E23.  A fish hook, that is scary!

tsk - Thank you! I think Mama is worried about going home, because her bed is high and she will have trouble getting in and out of it.  My brother said, she does not need to worry about that, he will make sure she gets and out. Very interesting about the refugees. 

Lani - Thank you!  All the doctors that have come in this morning keep saying to Mama, you might get to go home later this afternoon. They brought breakfast and she ate half of it, did walk a few steps in the hallway and swallowed the meds they wanted her to.  She was getting some pain meds in IV, but they told her she needed to swallow them not after this morning. Thanks for the Royal update!

Phyl - Thanks for the 365. 

Puff - You be careful out on your errands.

clynn - Thank you!  Love the SWFL pic, so sweet.  Remember both of those throwbacks.  :D 

kb - Love the Scottish Highland Cattle, too

tig - Morning  :)

BrokenLug

« Reply #865 on: January 25, 2024, 09:11:58 AM »

LisaG Here's the general forecast along your route back north on the 28th.
Are you doing the "flip-flop" in 2 legs also ?

It looks like rain along your way home.   :(
Lowest Daytime Max temps are back at your house at 50° F.
NO Snow, NO Ice.    :)

Any major changes between today and Sunday I'll update.  ;D
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #866 on: January 25, 2024, 11:08:28 AM »

Get out there and howl Beakers.  ;D

Tonight is the Full Wolf Moon.

https://www.moongiant.com/moonphases/january/2024/
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #867 on: January 25, 2024, 01:06:05 PM »

PUFF  You're right  Then I wouldn't mind being a mailperson  LOL

LANI   Love how Sharon pulled up new grasses for LGL  :)

KB  Beautiful variety of cattle.  We had awful fog this AM - only a quarter mile at the airport.

LISA   Actually have therapy practice that with her in her hospital bed adjusted to the approximate height of her bed at home.  That will give her a method and confidence.  If she doesn't not have a grab bar at home - she should not use the bedrail to help her..
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #868 on: January 25, 2024, 03:07:15 PM »

I did walk Ollie this morning in the "mist"
36 above with mist/moisture in the air feels a lot colder than 25 above with no moisture!.
Same in the house.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #869 on: January 25, 2024, 03:39:18 PM »

some bounce
KB... I agree. I almost had to put socks on while in the house yesterday. Lol! It definitely is cool.
I distributed Christmas presents to appropriate rooms and undecorated the tree today.  :-\ We plan to take it home to the farm tomorrow.
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)