Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545228 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #825 on: January 24, 2024, 06:03:02 AM »

Welcome Wednesday!   Good Morning Everyone...  

Currently 55F  light rain   High  58F sunny,  Low 52F 

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #826 on: January 24, 2024, 06:06:18 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #827 on: January 24, 2024, 06:08:12 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

A summary of the first two field seasons tracking Golden Eagles from the Driftless Region
 January 23, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/01/23/a-summary-of-the-first-two-field-seasons-tracking-golden-eagles-from-the-driftless-region/

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #830 on: January 24, 2024, 07:11:15 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, lots of interesting articles for reading a bit later. Love seeing the Sanderlings flowing with the waves... 32 here now, high 35 for today. I was able to get out yesterday finally. Had not gone out in my car since all the snow and frigid temps started! The roads were just wet, it was good to get out! Hoping Maggie is feeling better today...

Lani, thank you for posting Lynn's observations! Such an interesting place! So it would have been 13 years ago around this time of year that we were watching the cam on Jewell's den! And listening to the strange newborn bear sounds! You were always the one who could see the little ones, I always thought you would have been a good sonogram reader!  Wonderful video of the Mama chimpanzee reunited with her baby, so very sweet...

tsk, I should have known better than to assume you were laying around eating bonbons and doing puzzles all day!  LOLOL! Again I say, you are like the Energizer bunny!

Lisa, you are in the warm now! Hope you and Mom are having a great time!

baz, we haven't let Harley loose with the kittens yet but it won't be long. We wanted to let them get a little bigger and get used to each other's scents around the house. Harley is with me now, the kittens are up in our bedroom, where they spend the night and Harley gets to roam the house.

A small island in Lovrafjorden, Norway

« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 07:32:37 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #831 on: January 24, 2024, 07:31:35 AM »

HI EVERYONE

LANI   Awww  that was so perfect with Mama hugging her newborn.  Caretakers sounded like they may have had tears  :-*    Funny good night pic.  The keeper of the noses  LOL

KAREN  You were as busy as a beaver yesterday  :)  Glad all the plants made it.  Your efforts paid off.  I have also taken a picture of a shelf or the like to make sure it goes back the same way, esp if I like the way it was.  ;) ;)

BL   Holy smokes when was the bull dolphin fish caught?  How long did it take to land it?

PHYL   Enough food for all at the buffet 365  :)  Amy's blog.  Bottom line - hopefully the new trackers will be reliable - All that work and none have worked sufficiently well.  Interesting about fingerprints...

CLYNN  In that island pic - do you suppose the little red structure is the loo?  LOL    Amen " short side  long side"  My new sheets have " top or bottom"  Phew

Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #832 on: January 24, 2024, 10:05:43 AM »

Paul Kammen took this gorgeous photo of a long eared owl taking off in Southern MN.

Been "locked up" inside as fog/mist has made the roads too slippery to even drive they say.
Waiting to get above freezing temps before heading out for a must need grocery shop.
Same weather yesterday and may continue through the week. We need some wind and/or sun to function properly.

Morning all.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #833 on: January 24, 2024, 10:44:08 AM »

Royal Albatross
Here is a pic from Colin take last night.

Royal Albatross~Health check and weighing by Sharyn (Ranger DOC~4:02 pm 2024/01/24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeDi3XpWr8c

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Kb, beautiful owl

Tsk, I take pictures of the kitchen shelves when I change the dishes for the holidays. It goes so much quicker.

Clynn, Lovrafjorden, Norway is a perfect little spot to call home....

Phyl, thanks for Golden Eagle update, hopefully they can get reliable transmitters.....  Live Science articles, I'll read them tonight.... cute Sanderlings, Sand Pipers  :-* ....
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 10:48:13 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #834 on: January 24, 2024, 12:04:43 PM »

Home again, home again, jiggedy jig. I went to the closest grocery store.

My mailman around 10 stated he fell twice already and he wears yaktrax.
We laughed that we both saw the salt trucks drive around but weren't dropping it.
We think they are just "messing" with us now. They've had to do nothing hardly all winter.
Two more at minimum mornings like today.

Very little snow. This was a day ago or so and it looks the same today.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #835 on: January 24, 2024, 12:05:35 PM »

bounce

Yep, KB, luckily (since I was up, sort of, all night watching tennis with Baz) I left late for the pool this a.m. One section of our sidewalk was still slippery.
I had a good werkout.... the pool had to be 87, felt great!

BBL

Great owl pic!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #836 on: January 24, 2024, 01:20:20 PM »

Could be Rutt....waiting for more admin confirmation. 10 miles NE of Fertile MN and 40-45 miles as the crow flies away from Borup MN where last spotted..1/09/24.
Looks like him!

LisaG1967

« Reply #837 on: January 24, 2024, 01:27:45 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

Mama is out of surgery, and in her room.  She does not do well with anesthesia and is very nauseated.  They have already given her three different medicines to help with that, and this last one seems to be helping and also making her sleep.  The doctor said, all went well. 

Lani - That is me too, nervous and want the windshield repaired.

Lori - I am a lil tired, but i think breaking the drive up in two days really does help. I hope karen enjoyed her KK's!

baz - Thank you!  I hope you are enjoying the warmer weather.

tsk - I had remembered about the Safelite being by Mama's, cause I went with her to get hers repaired there when I was visiting a couple summers ago.

Phyl - How is Maggie?

BL - Nice fish, and I see you have a redneck tan...lol

E4E - Thank you!

clynn - Yes, warm and rainy today.  Mama and I had a good day yesterday, running the streets and eating out.  Love the small island in Lovrafjorden, Norway.  Oh, I am trying to remember what the tag on my fitted sheet says, I think it says long side.

kb - Great pic of the long eared owl.

tig, Puff, karen, oldguy - Afternoon  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #838 on: January 24, 2024, 01:44:20 PM »

KB  Awesome owl  :o  Gosh, I feel so bad for your mailman.  We did not get out mail yesterday - Think Anna did not want to fall.

LANI   health check - thumbs up  ;D

LISA  Prayers for Mama.  There are two anesthetics I cannot take and I tell them...fentanyl and versed - I puke for hours!!!    ((((mama))))

Off to deliver baby packs to 3 refugee families - One baby born Sat.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #839 on: January 24, 2024, 01:57:15 PM »

Zofran works well as an anti-emetic.....worked well for Scott with his chemo.

Maybe ask for it?