Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 677789 times)

shep

• NEWS and analysis
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8520 on: October 21, 2024, 03:13:40 AM »

I never post in here - but wanted to share this.
Eagles are OK.

Lightning strike hits bald eagle nest in Boulder County
FOX31 Denver
https://youtu.be/udagWeaIw48

ACCEPT TRUTH even when you dont like it
https://gab.com/ShepQ

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8521 on: October 21, 2024, 06:04:38 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

shep, WOW! that is something to see! So glad to hear that the eagles are okay. I hope they can find a new tree to rebuild their nest! Nothing said about the hawk, he was really close to the strike...

Lani, love your Sisters of the Canine Order!

karen, prayers for Piper... at least she recovers quickly and goes on with her doggy life. It has seemed to me that doctors aren't as concerned as we are about seizures. Kelsey had a seizure that lasted less than a minute when she was a baby, scared me to death. I called 911. When we went home they said if she has one that lasts more than five minutes to call 911. I couldn't imagine waiting that long...

Phyl, more cool puzzle pics in your good morning post! Beautiful 365, the first snow is always beautiful... High 82 today, then 79, 64, 76, 63 and so on for several days...

tsk, your neighbor's trees are beautiful! The neighbors across the street used to have a beautiful ash tree, they had it cut down because if had compromised their water line to the house. I miss it!

Piicture from Sydney's sister's Western Theme wedding Saturday:

Bella's last soccer game for the season!  Can you pick her out? (the one with her tongue out...)  ;D ;D

Sightseeing after the wedding reception:

« Last Edit: October 21, 2024, 06:13:31 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8522 on: October 21, 2024, 06:31:36 AM »

KAREN   Sweet Piper.  He hasn't had one since shortly after you got him, right?  No meds?

LANI  Spooky good night pic  :o

SHEP  I'm so glad you posted that news here.  Hard to watch even tho no bird was hurt.  I want to say " what are the odds of that happening" but reporter said "on in a million"  WOW  Sad about their locale and human invasion.

CLYNN   Sidney and her sister look alike!  Beautiful girls and nice pic of the family  :)   Where was the wedding?
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8524 on: October 21, 2024, 07:16:02 AM »

Currently: 46F clear , High  78F sunny,  with  Low 46F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and some SEDs.
Praying for  Sauces nest   .

{{{Karen}}} I'm sorry about Piper's stroke---so glad he recovered on the spot. The vet will visit and recommend treatment, right?

Shep many thanks for sharing this   news with us. Relieved the bald eagles weren't hurt. One in a million odds...

CLynn tks for sharing the snaps of Sydney's sister's wedding, nice autumn theme and all look well.

Prayers for:  Victims of natural  and Man-made disasters and those who rescue them;. Especially for Sauces nest.The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers, Cheerios and RRP and families.🙏 s

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8525 on: October 21, 2024, 07:31:18 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Oct.21, 2024 7:27 AM
Camera Time: Oct.21,2014   7:27 AM  CDT
Birchwoman

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #8526 on: October 21, 2024, 09:42:00 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - Sorry to hear about Piper having another seizure.  I hope all is ok this morning. 

Lani - Another great good night pic! 

shep - Thanks for the link to eagle nest.  Glad they are ok.

clynn - Great pics of the family.  Was Bella the flower girl?  Aww, Talon cut off his perm?

tsk - Pretty morning greeting. 

Phyl - Thanks for the 365.  Great pic from Flyway.

kb, tig, Puff and all - Morning  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8527 on: October 21, 2024, 12:12:25 PM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #8528 on: October 21, 2024, 01:00:14 PM »

Good afternoon!  As a friend of mine( long deceased) used to say, God is Good!  I just got off the phone with my friend in Asheville!    She is fine. Was without power for 10 days  and without waTer as well!   She lives in an Apartment complex  with a swimming pool  so residents dipped water  out to flush toilets.   Someone brought her a meal every day from someone who was grilling or churches or others in the area.   Her power is now on and so is the water.  They are under a boil order. However and she said she has to remember not   To put her toothbrush under the tap!   She went ti church yesterday and they told her I was looking for her and gave her my number!   She has not been too many places  in town but did say Biltmore is a  real mess.  I am so relieved!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2024, 01:30:18 PM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #8529 on: October 21, 2024, 01:19:28 PM »

karen, so glad you heard from your friend, and that she has her power and water back on! 

Lani - Morning  :)

karengramke

« Reply #8530 on: October 21, 2024, 02:03:08 PM »

Piper is good today following her seizure!   This is about number 4 since I got  her and they do not last long enough to medicate her.    Similar to what clynn experienced with Kelsey.   Thank heavens She did not have a stroke!
Good wedding  pictyres  fun after it was over.   Like the flower arrangement.

shep

• NEWS and analysis
« Reply #8531 on: October 21, 2024, 02:46:45 PM »

Lani - I LOVE YOUR PUNKIN PETS!
ACCEPT TRUTH even when you dont like it
https://gab.com/ShepQ

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8532 on: October 21, 2024, 07:18:40 PM »

LANI  Love the pooch posing with the pumpkins  LOL

KAREN   hooray!  Your friend is safe and folks were watching out for her.  Love the quip about the tooth brush and tap water That would be me.!

Tim had his gall bladder surgery at noon today.  Is stayingovernight tho I can easily see it becoming 2.  Gall bladder out laproscopically.  Amen to that   However it stuck to the liver with all the inflammation going on so has a temporary drain to clear any leaking bile from the liver.  He's in as much pain as he was for the first drain of the infected gall bladder.  It is very hard to watch.  Had to come home - Tomorrow is another day.
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8533 on: October 21, 2024, 07:52:09 PM »

some bounce
((( TSK/Tim )))
Pool. Apple orchard... spent too much on this n that. Read.
Time for a slice of apple pie...
Camper said he saw 2 BEs yesterday. He got some nice pics of cranes flying in and over ground fog at sunrise.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #8534 on: October 21, 2024, 09:33:41 PM »

McGregor MN..by Brenda Hadrich.
north of me.

Best wishes Tim and tsk...

I painted the outside of my new roof today...tough looking up and climbing up a ladder but done. Inside tomorrow.