Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545771 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #795 on: January 22, 2024, 05:59:17 PM »

BL  :)
Lani - I was happy for you & Mike on the Chief's win last night!  I felt bad for the Bill's kicker though (toward the end of the game when he missed that all important Kick).
Clynn - You & your sisters are spread out - but when you are all together, I bet you all make up for 'lost' time and have a fabulous visit together with your Mom!!! :-* ;D   Cute pics of Bella & Sophie!! Happy that Sophie had fun playing with Bella!! ;D   Interesting article on the Circadas.
Karen - Good for you with your purchase of a new microwave!  I would be lost without a micro. Wish you didn't have to wait until Feb 7th to receive it!   Oh no, you are so right - no Phyl today - can't be good.
Lori - Very nice birthday post for OG!   Amazing rescue story of the BE - especially the part about how this injured BE was at the same spot for 3 weeks and probably was brought food by its mate!! Wow!!  Thank you for the pictures & status.
Tsk - Enjoy your puzzle - perfect weather for staying inside to have fun with puzzling. ;D   Yikes-the Circadas :o  Yes-great football games yesterday!   Your dinner casserole is going to be yummy - wish I were there! :)
Kb - Handsome Kambula!  So happy that you & Ollie got to head out for a walk today!! :)
Tig - Hope the pool was nice! :)
LisaG - Read that you drove past Karen's and waved!! ;D   Have a wonderful time with helping your Mama and give her a hug from me too! :-*
Lani - Thank you for Albatross and beautiful close up of egg!!
Baz - That road sign!!Lol  ;D

Hope everyone is staying warm & safe.

oldguy

« Reply #796 on: January 22, 2024, 10:23:12 PM »

Thank You to all for the Birthday Greetings...
Spent much of the day moving snow - got the deck cleared and half of my side walk.  Used the new power shovel - it did very well, got about 15-20 minutes of solid run time on a full battery charge.  Snow had compacted down to 20 inches deep at the deepest points. 
https://www.menards.com/main/outdoors/outdoor-power-equipment/snow-blowers/yardworks-trade-12-20-volt-cordless-snow-shovel/d10101150/p-1642874287524386-c-12370.htm?exp=false

Some videos for the evening...

BREAKING: Grindavik is lost   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPsX995i0f8

Leslie is no longer doing videos... :'(
I have no idea what to call this video   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8CiRGbK_bo

PINK PANTHER & JAMES BOND   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXaYr2o-YeY

Things My Youngest Cat Learned from My Older Cats - Part II   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAgzZ_Oamw0

Claire Luvcat visited MilkyBokiTan's house!!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDKLsAnJy18

I Got Plastic Surgery and My Cats Can't Recognize My Face (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Ms8VAiVIs

Maru is purring on full blast in my arms   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQhBreHJ2i0
Cats Calligraphy 2024   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GEAm2vw3P4

Quarantine Kids play "Dear Mr. Fantasy"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxzu2Yi8Gxo

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #797 on: January 22, 2024, 11:21:27 PM »

Karen, Phyl has posted in other threads today... I agree with Clynn and Tsk, buy new sweatpants  :-* ... Yep, microwaves are more expensive these days. Aly and I spent time trying to find one for her. She decided to wait until she decides if she's moving....

Phyl, I hope all is well.

Clynn, I was doing the shouting during the Chiefs game!! When it comes to my favorite teams, I'm the boisterous one in the family! ... Bella is growing tall. Cute play with kittens. How's Harley? .... cicadas ugh!

Eagles, I was not sad for the Bills kicker! LOL! 😈.

Lori, what a delicious cake for Oldguy! ... sweet card for Miss Maggie.... thanks for the update on Dickinson Eagle. I pray for his a successful rehab and release....

Tsk, I hope you took care on your icy roads... cute card for Oldguy... you had a busy day, yummy meals! ... I know soon-to-be Dad LGK looks perfectly content. The calm before the storm.  ;D

Kb, gorgeous Lion! He knows he's King! ;D

{{{Lisa}}} I hope you're safely with your mom, and getting a good night's sleep.  :-*

Hi Baz! Thank you for the birthday greetings!  :-* .. it was a wonderful weekend for football! ..... brains required! LOL!

BL, great birthday card for Oldguy!  8)

Oldguy, oh my, Grindavik is lost and Lesley the Bird Nerd will no longer post videos  :'( ... thanks for Santi, Maru and Claire's videos... You've been busy today. I hope you had a nice birthday too.

SED Puff, Tig,

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's mom, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Puff, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #798 on: January 22, 2024, 11:37:35 PM »

It's been 'hit and miss'  in cyber world  today more on that later----

Here's the 'stuff' I would have posted if this had been a 'normal ' day:

Old Guy...

Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2024-01-22-find-the-right-place
https://www.nature365.tv/

Sanderling bird;  https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Sanderling/overview#

Why These Females Have Larger Brains

https://deal.town/national-geographic/why-these-females-have-larger-brains-FKGYMU9BE

« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 11:45:01 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #799 on: January 22, 2024, 11:39:19 PM »

Here's the 'stuff' I would have posted if this had been a 'normal ' day   Continued:

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

NestFlix and News from Decorah North and the Flyway!
 January 22, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/01/22/january-22-2024-nestflix-and-news-from-decorah-north-and-the-flyway/

Sauces bald eagle cam

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #800 on: January 23, 2024, 12:00:23 AM »

One more thing for OLDGUY since it's still his BDAY  ;D

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Phyl

« Reply #801 on: January 23, 2024, 04:32:13 AM »

Howdy Tuesday!   Good Morning Everyone...  

Currently 43F cloudy     High  52F  rain,  Low 43F 

Snow's about gone   ;D
Lisa  I hope you're at your Mom's by now and all's well.

{{Karen}} Got your PM, tks.  :-*   Here's your answer.

Thank you all, so much for your concerns. 
Maggie spent Sunday night in the far reaches of the closet in room where the computer is set up. She had been trembling noticeably. I
took her temp via her ear and she was at 90F. Normal is 100 to 105F. She spent some time on a towel covered heating pad set on low for a while. But later retreated to the closet. I don't think she's eaten much. When the temps were so fridged she was eating 4 of the Hills petite  cans a day---suspect she was trying to pack on some pounds quickly .  Jim has set the thermometer  on 70F at night as PetMD suggests this is the lowest temp cats can tolerate.
 Trembling/shivering is also an indicator of fear/ severe pain, kidney issues and some times heart and other issues. Before we turned-in for the night, I told Jim that if I can get in at anytime Monday, I’d call the store requesting he come home. So then  decided to call South-side Monday AM as soon as I could throw  on some old yard  clothes and wash my face. I ran thru what had been going on --- they worked us in Mid morning.
I pulled on a robe and made the rounds to located Maggie not in the computer room closet, nor ‘neath our bed (what a relief, it’s too cold there) the bottom floor of the kitty Kondo, not the spare bedroom either. So plodded downstairs and with each step I searched for her  surveying  her dishes (food still there-no surprise) and then into lavatory the Loo hadn’t been used since late the night before.  As I retraced my steps---Bingo!  Living room, underneath the end-table next to the dinning room. My baby was all scrunched in a ball with her bony back to the world. I slipped between the able and wall and reached down lifting her up with one hand quickly cradling her in my arms ---sitting in my Lazyboy I talked to her  asking questions I knew she couldn’t answer vocally.  With her in one arm we went into the kitchen I set her on the counter and grabbed condiment  dish warmed them in the microwave and mixed her Cosequin and  the crushed BP tablet with some Catit creamy chicken treat. She licked the spoon and that was all.  Carried her back to living room deposited her where she had been,  setting  the dish along side of her.
I  did the usual AM routine. Went back down---she hadn't  really moved. But! She’d eaten half of her meds.  I felt victorious. Half  s better than none.
Made coffee and called  the store and asked for him to come home---they put him on and he said ‘On my way.’  Finished dressing and all.  Heard the garage door and then Jim chatting to Maggie.
We had a quick cup, loaded Maggie in carrier and off we drove. Walked in and were told Maggie’s al checked-in then took our seats.
Short wait and quick triage. 2 minutes and doc walked in  reviewed , examined, observed and discussed.  Maggie was taken in the back for her BP and venipuncture/urine. Nurse came in with Mags then said ‘Ooops. Didn’t dry her belly. Be back” Returned.  Then doc came in and said she’d call Tuesday PM or Wednesday AM  with results and numbers. Doc had done a through physical exam and spent time with her heart---said I just hear a Grade 2 murmur maybe 3 at the worst. Took her temp, the 'other way' and her reading was 100F.  Whew!
Mags had been favoring her right leg and for the past 36 hours and the shivering was more pronounced than ever. Pain. They had placed her on that side to take her BP.  We were given  Buprenorphrine  Oral,   opioid for pain  on a PRN basis shot on the gum. After things settled at home and before Jim return to work  He cradled her and I gently prised her jaw apart and shot about half the dose. Exactly what I wanted to happen.  She’s been back in the lower room of Kondo leaning on her left  ‘arm/elbow’  favoring her right. Alert and watching me here.
Before turning in, we gave her the other half of her first dose. Tomorrow I'll see how she's doing and decide  if I'll do a full dose TID. I hope she eats her Catit and meds this AM.
 That’s where and how it all stands for the present. Just have to wait on blood/urine results in a couple of days.

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 08:33:19 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #802 on: January 23, 2024, 06:58:43 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, thanks for all the things you 'would have posted' yesterday. Totally understand why yesterday was all about Maggie... I hope the results from the tests turn out to be something they can treat and make her feel better. Please give her some purrs from Harley and some love from me, I feel like she is part of our family. Prayers for all of you...

Lori, yes, must not forget the bacon!

Lani, it's hard to imagine you screaming at a football game!  Harley is fine, he sits with me while I am posting ... Waiting for update on LGK and LGL's Egg!

oldguy, sad to hear that Lesley will no longer be making the bird videos, I will miss her lovely Blue Jays and I bet they will miss her...  Also sad news about Gryndavik.

National Geographic · The meeting point of the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. Their waters are not stirred.The phenomenon is based on the difference in the composition of ocean water.

Berry College Eagles - We are saddened to announce that on Saturday both eggs were revealed to have collapsed. There was no sign of any real contents, so the presumption is that this season's eggs were never viable. You may see the remains of a shell on the rails of the nest. It was a nice surprise to see both eagles working on the nest this morning, customizing it to their liking. Some people have asked whether a second clutch of eggs is possible. While re-clutches do happen, they are not common. That being said, we will enjoy it and keep you updated if by some chance it does happen!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #803 on: January 23, 2024, 07:20:05 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

OLDGUY   Grindavik  :'( :'(      Lesley   :'( :'(  At least she has a lasting library of information for everyone to enjoy.  Liked the mash up of Pink Panther/007  :)   Loved the calligraphy piece  ;D ;D   Santi/Vasek  ;D ;D

LANI   Love to fall asleep to rain.  Salt trucks just went by - raining now lightly but we are on the cusp of freezing.

LORI   You remembered the bacon for OLDGUY  ;D ;D

PHYL   ((((Maggie))))  So hard to go through.  :(

CLYNN   What sad news at the Berry nest
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #804 on: January 23, 2024, 07:29:27 AM »

Royal Albatross Cam - Posted 14 hours ago.

1/23 Hello little Top Flat chick

Sharyn Ranger DOC ~This morning's check of the incubators show that the Top Flat chick is nearly hatched. A lot of progress has been made overnight. The umbilicus is likely still attached to the membranes of the egg. The drying out process takes a few hours, but it is possible that the chick will be returned to the nest later today. The down will be nice and fluffy by then.

UPDATE: Posted 2 hours ago

1/23 Here comes TF chick with Ranger Colin!

Royal Albatross ~ The Top Flat Chick Has Hatched! 🐣 Welcome To The World Little One! 💗 1.23.24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8xQ_HMsB30

The Top Flat chick hatched earlier today in the incubator but the rangers had to wait to return it to the nest because of the bad weather. While they were waiting, Mama LGL came in and had a wonderful reunion with LGK. She must have known that her chick was going to hatch today and she flew in for the celebration!!

The video begins with ranger Colin spraying around the nest with Avian Insect Liquidator a safe insect repellent to protect the hatchling from flystrike. Then Colin will bring the container with the Royalcam chick to be placed under LGL. He removes the dummy egg and puts the wee hatchling under Mom. Look at LGL smiling as she looks down lovingly at her new chick! And Colin was smiling as well as he was recording video of this blessed event!

The chick weighed 300 grams at hatching and the rangers will be making stops twice a day at the nest to weigh the chick and to check it for any flies or issues.

Congratulations to LGK and LGL on their new hatchling! And Congratulations to the entire DOC and RAC staff for all their hard work in hatching the chicks in incubators and then returning them to the nest. All of us Aunties and Uncles are thrilled to take part in another season of watching this little chick grow up and fledge! Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #805 on: January 23, 2024, 08:11:28 AM »

Lani, wonderful update on the Top Flat chick! At the end of the video it sounded like Mama said Thank You and Goodbye to the ranger. So sweet when she did the shimmy on the baby...  All is well!

tsk, there you are! And are you doing nothing today but working on puzzles?  ;D

Watch 5,000 fire ants create raft with their bodies to save colony and queen from death by swimming pool:  https://www.livescience.com/animals/ants/watch-5000-fire-ants-create-raft-with-their-bodies-to-save-colony-and-queen-from-death-by-swimming-pool

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #806 on: January 23, 2024, 08:18:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

I made it to Mama's around 1:30 yesterday afternoon.  As soon as I got here, she was ready to hit the streets.  We went out to lunch, and I got a shrimp poboy, so good!  We are headed out this morning to Safelite to get my windshield repaired.  A rock hit my windshield yesterday and made a chip in it.

karen - Funny you should say that bout the moon pies.  I had a banana one for snack last night!

oldguy - Happy Belated Birthday, sorry I missed your special day!

tsk - Yes, a lil shorter drive to Mama's.  Will give her a hug.  All if your food you made sounds so yummy.

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update!  I got a good night sleep and even slept in this morning.

kb - Waving back at ya from the wet South today...lol  I brought all winter clothes and its 65 today!

E4E - Thank you, and I sure will!

Phyl - Hoping all will be ok with Maggie....bug hugs!

clynn - Thanks for the update on the Berry nest.  SO sad!

Phyl

« Reply #807 on: January 23, 2024, 10:00:00 AM »

Penguins are slow to evolve, making them vulnerable to climate change

A sweeping study of extinct and living penguins shows the birds may not be able to keep up with the breakneck pace of modern warming.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/penguins-are-slow-to-evolve-and-vulnerable-to-climate-change

« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 10:15:43 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #808 on: January 23, 2024, 10:01:48 AM »

« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 10:05:27 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl