Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 541886 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7155 on: August 27, 2024, 07:59:33 AM »

Good Morning!  Happy Tuesday one and all.  !

Currently: 74F partly  sunny , High  97F sunny,  with  Low 74F

Wow! Lori that's one delicious birthday cake this  morning.  And, cling peaches no less. Gonna be difficult to share---but, I will.  And, thanks for
the sweet bluebird birthday greeting.  :-*   Hoping your family is well.

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest. .

CLynn  thanks for the sweet birthday greeting this morning.  :-*
Pretty yellow this AM for yesterday... I love 59th Street Bridge Song.  Another most favorite song of mine is by Oliver 'Good Morning Star Shine'.    ;D Wood pecker has the right idea. Tks for Sydney Sea Eagles update

Tsk Luv the Bambi /bluebird birthday greeting this AM. Thanks   :-*
glad yesterday wasn't too hectic. Hoping Tim is much improved today.  Is Lulu cuddling him since he's under the weather?
 Luv the kitties yesterday AM

Karen many tks for your enjoyable/informative  post via Tsk

KB good video of the storm; glad y ou missed the worst of that storm

Tig   Sorry you were hit twice in a row. Darn those power outages.  Hope those two
broken branches didn't cause too much damage to evergreens

Lani    awww  sweet good night kitties... tks for the  Royal Albie & Sloth  up date/snaps

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Tuesday’s Tranquility

Tuesday’s calm lies wrapped in mist,
The world awakens from its dreamy twist,
Morning sunbeams warm my skin,
The misty veil begins to spin.

Serenity wraps me in its fold,
As the morning breeze whispers secrets untold,
The trees sway gently in the breeze,
Nature’s peaceful dance brings me to my knees.

Tuesday’s tranquility, so serene,
In stillness, I find what’s truly mine.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2024, 08:09:43 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7156 on: August 27, 2024, 08:02:42 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Decorah North Nest Rebuild
 August 26, 2024  RaptorResource
https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/08/26/decorah-north-nest-rebuild/

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7157 on: August 27, 2024, 08:05:23 AM »

« Last Edit: August 27, 2024, 09:52:20 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #7158 on: August 27, 2024, 09:08:47 AM »

dropped Chris off at PT.

Not ONE block in my neighborhood and to PT without a tree or large branch down in the road..

I got lucky. except for a large branch down off my smokebush...will cut up later.

It will be a long day without internet me thinks.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7159 on: August 27, 2024, 09:29:40 AM »

Camper just moved all the freezer food together on the bottom shelf of freezer in basement with one frozen ice gallon and brought 4 gallons upstairs, 1 for packed freezer and 3 for fridge. Talons crossed power comes back soon...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #7160 on: August 27, 2024, 09:47:32 AM »

Tig and KB  :(

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #7162 on: August 27, 2024, 09:50:45 AM »

Happy birthday, Phyl!  39?..  have a fun day and a healthy year!

Happy International DogDay!   Pioer says Yea!  Bring on the treats!

Phyl

« Reply #7163 on: August 27, 2024, 09:54:31 AM »

Happy birthday, Phyl!  39?..  have a fun day and a healthy year!

Happy International DogDay!   Pioer says Yea!  Bring on the treats!

LOL.
  ;)
Thanks for the good wishes.

Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #7164 on: August 27, 2024, 09:59:43 AM »

Happy Bird Day, Phyl!

tig - hope you are not like us. Excel states power in Richfield for most residents ETA is the 29th of August by noon....Yikes.

My camera now has power through an extension cord to a different outlet, but no internet yet...hope it's not the 29th of August.

Might be a good idea for me to wait to find an electrician till next week, LOL

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7165 on: August 27, 2024, 10:19:53 AM »

Happy birthday Phyl! sending many warm wishes and blessings for a lovely day and all the days to come. 

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #7166 on: August 27, 2024, 10:53:59 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

I am several pages behind, I see. 

kb - Thank goodness you didn't lose power. 

tig - Sorry about the branches and your bench. 

tsk - Yikes, on the blood sugar with the Norco! Is he still doing ok? 

clynn - Thanks for the info about Rt 66 being replaced by the 5 interstates.

Lani
- Sweet good night kitties. 

karen, Puff and all
- Morning  :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PHYL!!

kbshcb

« Reply #7167 on: August 27, 2024, 11:12:24 AM »

Mike Norton
@NortonMpls
 Mike Norton in Minneapolis on twitter writes:·
1h
Xcel made almost $2-billion in profit last year, but power service in Minnesota feels less and less reliable.

Maybe Xcel could be spending some of their 10-figure profits on upgrading their equipment so people aren’t without electricity for days every time there’s a storm.
Xcel energy press release: MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Xcel Energy Inc. (NASDAQ: XEL) today reported 2023 GAAP earnings of $1.77 billion, or $3.21 per share, compared with $1.74 billion, or $3.17 per share in the same period in 2022 and ongoing earnings of $1.85 billion, or $3.35 per share, compared with $1.74 billion, or $3.17 per share in the same period in 2022. See Note 6 for reconciliation from GAAP to ongoing earnings.
Mike Norton
@NortonMpls

Xcel energy press release: MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Xcel Energy Inc. (NASDAQ: XEL) today reported 2023 GAAP earnings of $1.77 billion, or $3.21 per share, compared with $1.74 billion, or $3.17 per share in the same period in 2022 and ongoing earnings of $1.85 billion, or $3.35 per share, compared with $1.74 billion, or $3.17 per share in the same period in 2022. See Note 6 for reconciliation from GAAP to ongoing earnings.

Here here Mike

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7168 on: August 27, 2024, 11:17:20 AM »

Royal Albatross update from Ranger Sharyn Broni

Kia ora koutou (hello everyone)
Name the chick, what happens on land affects the sea. Thanks for all the great name submissions, it has been super to see all the conservation action happening out there.
https://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/albatrosses/royal-albatross-toroa/royal-cam/namethechick/

We are selecting 10 names from the submissions for you to vote on. Watch this space.

TF chick :-*   Weigh day update: there is no weighing for Top Flat and Top Flat Track chicks this week.

Both chicks are doing very well, and the ranger time will go into the lighter weight chicks elsewhere in the colony.
Top Flat chick is 217 days old today. Last week he weighed 10.6kg which was a big jump up from recent low weights and some supplementary feeding. He has been fed frequently over the last week. Average weight is 10.9 kg and lowest acceptable weight is just under 9kg.

Top Flat Track chick is 209 days and last week he weighed 9.6 kg. Although this was a bit of a drop from the good steady weights that he had been maintaining he is still within the acceptable weight range. Average weight for a male this age is 11.1 kg with the lowest acceptable weight being just over 9 kg. He has been fed at least 5 times over the last week.

Note that we are not always able to keep the cam on Top Flat Track chick as he is often too far from Top Flat chick for the cam to be able to include both on screen. We will pan over to Top Flat Track chick at least daily and try to keep both chicks on cam when we can.

TFT chick on left - TF chick on right (standing) very handsome boys! Soon they will be leaving for their great adventure across the seas  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Lori and Destine}}} what a lovely and yummy birthday cake and greeting for Phyl! Love the daisies, thank you and take care  :-*

{{{Clynn}}} beautiful morning greetings! Love seeing Sea Eagles Lady and Dad looking well with two sweet eaglets! Prayers for a successful season.

Tsk, continued prayers for {{{Tim}}}

{{{Kb}}} great video of the storm, scary time! Glad you and Chris are okay and through the worse of it... I hope you electrical problems will get resolved soon. I need a couple of our sockets replaced too.

{{{Tig}}} glad you and Camper and okay and through the worse of the storms. I hope your power returns soon.

{{{Phyl}}} beautiful morning greetings! Thanks for the RRP blog update, cool pics of the DN nest build.... awesome national parks and majestic Bison in nature video.

{{{Lisa}}} :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #7169 on: August 27, 2024, 11:20:18 AM »

And, if everything isn't chaotic enough:

USI fiber is at this very moment drilling right under my arbor line tree roots...I went out and spoke with the nice guy. Not is decision of course.
They are 3 feet 7 inches below them. I literally felt the ground move while standing out there.

I told him if they die they will be paying to replace mature ones.

Only because city of Richfield decided it was a good idea to replace all gas lines from the street to our boulevards.

If they had left them in the street and replaced. Both At and T and now USI could have drilled closer to the curb. He said they have to go so far into our yards to avoid the gas lines....well, that's a good idea but still.

I need a drink and it's only 11:19