Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544720 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6990 on: August 21, 2024, 07:17:46 AM »

some bounce
Yes, the Paleo is good, but, I must drink lots more water before, during, after? I had one of those episodes again last night... felt pressure in upper G.I. and back. Luckily it subsided within the hour after I took a Rolaid and a Coke. Hmmm...

Pedicure and a haircut later today...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6991 on: August 21, 2024, 08:07:10 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

Just woke up!!  9.5 hours of sleep.  Yikes

TIG  Oh no - Hope it doesn't swell too much.  At least Rosie had a good time  ::)   Is winter here yet?  LOL

OLDGUY   Love those cupcakes for Ginger  ;D ;D  What a wonderful time you had.  Was the pilot someone you had run into on the hike?  How long was that trek?  Get ready to gain that day on the way back  ;) ;)

LANI   So happy we had that osprey nest to track this year.  Hopeful for next  :)

PHYL    365  Gerris and their reflection looks like a space vehicle of sorts  LOL

CLYNN  WOW  Lost 17 #s - good for you!!   LOLO  Didn't think they still had tie dye shops around.  ;D  Serena canyon Wow  Are those all round stones??  Have fun with the kids today
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #6992 on: August 21, 2024, 09:59:44 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! 
Hot!   Cool temps are a long way away!   Maybe nicer in October.
Great report Clynn!  Good for you!
Tig, I hope you are feeling better!
I’m on a new medical plan!  Cardiologist agreed to cancel one of my two diuretics!   Yea!   The lasix  was making me crazy!   Actually, he changed the instruction to as needed.  I have to weigh every morning and if my weight goes up 3 to 4 pounds, I have to take one!  Down one pound this am!  With my 64 ounces of water a day I feel pretty good!   He did tell me my coffee counts against  rhe water total  so  more good news!
Got a call from the help yesterday and she did not get covid.  Told her I would see her next Tuesday!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 12:50:27 PM by karengramke »

kbshcb

« Reply #6993 on: August 21, 2024, 12:18:41 PM »

Ron Lahr writes: Sunset near the Boundary Waters.

One of the most beautiful places in the country imho....the boundary waters of MN.

Happy Wednesday all.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6994 on: August 21, 2024, 12:23:56 PM »

"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6995 on: August 21, 2024, 12:38:36 PM »

10:35 am, 8/21   ♥   Iris feeding Antali

Sweet boy is chirping away in delight  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl Love the yummy fruit basket and late summer nature videos.  ;D

Clynn, a beautiful pink morning! After your busy start to the week and last week's events, it'll be a great tonic to have the munchkins with you today!  :-*  great report for you including "look mom no cavities!"  ;D ... yes, it's been a very successful and heartwarming week at Hellgate. Everyone was worried when Antali was away from the nest for two days. But, once he made it back home, it's been a joy to watch him enjoy his freedom too. You can also see more activity on the 2nd Cam which shows Iris's dead tree across the river. At least 3 ospreys  spend time on the tree. I'm sure they are learning and watching Iris and Finn catch fish.. beautiful photo of the desert hoodoos at G Serena Canyon. At a distance it looks like pearls streaming down the hill and then close up it looks like melons!  ;D.  have a fun day with the munchkins.  :-*

Lisa, I hope all goes well for Jeff  ;D

{{{Tig}}} I hope Rosie is still with you.... beautiful size fishes in the tank! Maybe another fish trip is in the near future. LOL!  ;D

Tsk, I can't remember the last time I've had 9 hours of sleep... good for you!  :-*

{{{Karen}}} good luck on the new plan!  ;D

Kb, stunning sunset ... you have a good day too!  ;D

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6996 on: August 21, 2024, 12:48:00 PM »

8/20 Royal Albatross Weigh day update

On average, the growth spurt phase is over, and the chicks will lose weight prior to fledging.

Top Flat chick is 210 days old and weighs 10.6 kg. Last week he weighed 8.8kg but only 7kg on Sunday when he was then supplementary fed, later LGK and LGL cam back to feed him. He is now above average weight for his age after several weeks of being on the light side.

Top Flat Track chick is 202 days old and weighs 9.6 kg. Last week he weighed 9 kg and has had several feeds since then. This is a below average weight but not of concern.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6997 on: August 21, 2024, 01:27:23 PM »

KAREN   To me, coffee is a diuretic  LOL   Good idea to try the PRN plan.  Yay, your helper can come back.

TIG   Up close and personal with the fish of Minnesota!! :D

LANI   Awww, Iris and Antali.   Interesting weight graph.  Basically it all averages out with lots of side tracks LOL   Those rangers are really bundled.

Just back from the Botanic Gardens - gorgeous day for it and not crowded.  This time our 1 hour walk was all over the vegetable and fruit tree section of this property as well as the boardwalk over the water and the lilies. Got some good ideas for next year. Lunch of course followed.   ;D ;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 01:30:12 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6998 on: August 21, 2024, 02:20:26 PM »

I took a pic of Rosie with her ears back looking into the camera with big fish behind her. Camper posted it to his FB with the caption "... it's still there, isn't it?!?" Lolol. Her human stationed on a big ship half way around the world was the first to give the post a heart. Amazing.
I'm off to the spa

kbshcb

« Reply #6999 on: August 21, 2024, 02:28:02 PM »

Wow, this group saved this dog alone on an island on Rainy Lake Mn...International Falls area.

Someone spotted her, tried to rescue her, but she was scared. But, this group rescued her.

They don't have any more details about who owns her.....

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7000 on: August 21, 2024, 03:58:22 PM »

{{{CLynn}}} all the best with all you have on your health plate today.
Relieved you have appt on your engine light issue. Glad Erin will drop the
munchkins off. Enjoyed  awesome  photo of the desert hoodoos at G Serena Canyon in Utah.   Pretty AM greeting today.
Congrats on the A1C. ;)

Lisa hoping all goes well for Jeff at eye doc.

Tsk luv the sleepy bbear "just woke up'.  We've been having lots cooler temps---ratyhr Fall like. I've been forgetting to change the
weather forecast on my AM posts.  >:(

Karen  Oh yeah. Coffee w/ it's caffeine is a great diuretic. I make 'high octaine' , as Jim calls it, coffee. Always save him two cups for
afterwork to keep him awake during 'primetime' hours. LOL

KB very pretty boundary waters of MN photo. Tks; very lucky pooch.

Tig been a while since I've gone to a state fair---always fun; how cool a spa day.

Lani as always many thanks for the Hellgate updates & photos. Enjoy reading them all---esp the photos

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #7002 on: August 21, 2024, 04:54:06 PM »

tig - Hope you enjoyed your spa day.  Sorry about your episode last night, but glad you are ok!

tsk - That's a good night's sleep!  Sounds like a fun day at the Botanic Gardens.

karen - I hope your new medical plan makes you feel better.

kb - Beautiful pic this morning. Awww, so glad they rescued the pup!

Lani - Thanks for the Royal updates, and the pics from Hellgate. 

Phyl & Lani - Thanks...Jeff was prescribed another eye drop for his Pigment Dispersion Syndrome.  This is the 3rd eye drop prescribed.  The doc said, try this one for 8-10 weeks to see if the pressure in eyes come down, if not, laser surgery is his next option. 

Have a good night, everyone
:)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7003 on: August 21, 2024, 06:49:26 PM »

KB  I'm sure you'll keep us posted on how the dog rescue occurred.

PHYL  Had no idea the bananas of the past are not the bananas of today.. :o  I love my banana in my cereal and oatmeal and on my peanut buttered English muffin  ;) ;)

LISA   Hope those new pills work for Jeff.  Had to look up that syndrome - had not heard of it.  Does Jeff have symptoms or did the doc just find it doing the pressure test.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #7004 on: August 21, 2024, 06:57:04 PM »

Lisa, hope the meds work!   (Drops)

Tsk, nice day for you!

Will have an echo cardiogram  soon and if all checks out ok, MD will take me off  some more drugs.   Fun, but who knows!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 07:33:25 PM by karengramke »