Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544968 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6930 on: August 17, 2024, 10:17:49 PM »

Pretty kitties! 
Awesome pictures BL!  Safe travels!

Good dinners you all have had! 

Baz and Lisa stay safe if Ernesto nears your shores!

Tsk, word games are fun!

No word from help on covid!   I do not have symptoms. But since I have never had it I am not sure what to expect!  No fever or coughing and sneezes are allergy!   Think I am safe. They will send someone  onday to take me to my cardiology appointment!   Otherwise I will be on my own!   Home Alone!  Lol
Wonderful Helgate news.

Hope the Norths like their new home!

Seds

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6931 on: August 18, 2024, 01:04:42 AM »

Baz, Chief's game was a close one.  :(

Kb, pretty pic, yummy dinner!

Lisa, Pancakes and sausage for dinner is one of Mike's favorites meals! Yum!!! Go Chiefs, it was a close game. Great behind the back pass!

{{{Phyl}}} I pray the brace will help to ease the pain  :-*... sorry, I can't read the articles. 

{{{Karen}}} glad you don't have symptoms.... take care.  :-*

{{{Clynn}}} Thinking of you and sending prayers for safe travel home.

Good night!

Both siblings on perch, Sum-eh has back to cam and has been chirping on and off. Antali is smaller and facing cam, and is quietly watching his sibling/sleeping.

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6932 on: August 18, 2024, 06:50:00 AM »

Quiet night  ;D  Couple downpours yesterday - only 1/4" of rain.

KAREN   Let's hope you stay healthy.   I think to be exposed you need to be in close contact for at least 15 min  - at least that is what they used to say.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6933 on: August 18, 2024, 07:45:49 AM »

Good Morning Beakers...Happy Sunday!

Phyl - Hope you all enjoyed your Mexican takeout. Ouch, a slipped thumb joint.  The braces for the hand don't look too bad to wear.

tsk - I see Lani got a video of the nest rebuild for you.  :D  RRP posted a bunch of pics yesterday of the nest rebuild.  This is what the base looked like before all the sticks were added. 

Lani - Great pics of the Hellgate kiddos.  Yes, close game!

karen - Will keep an eye out for the weather with Ernesto.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6934 on: August 18, 2024, 07:54:56 AM »

Sunday’s Solace

Sunday’s solace, it wraps around,
A soothing balm, for the heart and ground,
A day of rest, a day to unwind,
As the week’s cycle, it begins to rewind.

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Sunday!

Currently: 74F partly  sunny , High  97F sunny,  with  Low 74F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.
About 36 days until first day of Autumn.  ;D

We had a wild rain later last night---and a wicked downpour that after all Jim's hard work, will produce another crop of 'weeds'

Lisa
  the Mexican take out was great; tks for the snap of the new nest base; pretty cup this AM

Tsk got the braces ordered late yesterday

Lani nice 'Good Night' at Hellgate

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore..Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6935 on: August 18, 2024, 07:56:56 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #6936 on: August 18, 2024, 08:27:28 AM »

https://youtu.be/O8oWv_x-lyY?t=4

Jimmy Webb and Linda Ronstadt sing: "All I know" a hauntingly beautiful version...perfect for a Sunday morning. May be one of the last recordings by Linda after her diagnosis of Parkinson's ended her singing career.  Bryan Sutton on beautiful guitar as well.

Happy Sunday all.

Heading out to mow front soon etc.

kbshcb

« Reply #6937 on: August 18, 2024, 09:32:10 AM »

The rain has been good for my hydrangea row....understatement of the year!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6938 on: August 18, 2024, 11:13:54 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Lisa, I looked at Decorah North new nest pics on their thread. I hope the Norths check out the delicious nestwarming gift left for them!!  ;D Thank you for posting. Love the morning cup of coffee pic.

Tsk, sweet morning gif.  ;D

Phyl, lovely Sunday morning pics... very peaceful Nature video...

Kb, love duet song to start this quiet Sunday.... beautiful Hydrangea bushes.

Antali remained on the nest, Sum-eh returns to nest waiting for breakfast!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6939 on: August 18, 2024, 11:35:08 AM »

LISA    Thanks for that base pic of the nest.  So there is only the overhead camera.  Is this the original tree as well?

PHYL   Only a 1/4" of rain here from the rain during the day and early evening.

KB   Good year for the hydrangea  ;D

LANI   I'm speechless in front of the posing pontiff  ;D
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6940 on: August 18, 2024, 12:03:13 PM »

Thanks Lani and Lisa:

I posted same pics in my city fb group page.

Have 75 likes/loves and comments already!...

LisaG1967

« Reply #6941 on: August 18, 2024, 01:11:12 PM »

kb - That is great!  Ditto what Lani said about your bushes!

tsk - You're welcome  :)  I was reading the comments on RRP's post, yes, it is the original tree.  I am not sure about the cam placement.  I didn't see any mention of that. 

Lani - I hope the North's like their new digs. 

Phyl - Pretty flowers this morning.  Glad you enjoyed your Mexican. 

Phyl

« Reply #6942 on: August 18, 2024, 03:14:23 PM »

For those who don't subscribe to Nat'l Geo newsletters. Here are some alternate links for the articles listed below the quote.

What will the cats of the future look like?
Even though cats were domesticated relatively recently, their relationship with has already changed them in surprising ways.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/cats-future-domestication-relationship#:~:text=One%20possibility%20is%20that%20the,animals%20rather%20than%20lone%20hunters.

Here’s how your cat experiences the world
Cats use the same five senses as humans, but they view the world differently. Understanding them could make us better cat parents.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/what-its-like-to-be-a-cat?rid=EBE150D77D2DB51479B2E2AEE712FBB9&cmpid=org=ngp::mc=crm-email::src=ngp::cmp=editorial::add=WeeklyEscape_20240807

Now we know how tabby cats get their stripes

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/how-tabby-cats-get-their-stripes

Here are some alternate links for the articles listed above.

how tabby cats get their stripes

https://www.popsci.com/environment/how-tabby-cats-get-fur-pattern/

https://www.meowingtons.com/blogs/lolcats/so-how-do-tabby-cats-get-their-stripes

how your cat experiences the world

https://www.purina.co.uk/articles/cats/kitten/play/cat-senses

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+your+cat+experiences+the+world&sca_esv=242cf7e29bae2be1&hl=en&ei=QVTCZvPwCqiIwbkPrLqloAw&oq=how+your+cat+experiences+the+world%5B&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiI2hvdyB5b3VyIGNhdCBleHBlcmllbmNlcyB0aGUgd29ybGRbKgIIADIGEAAYFhgeMgYQABgWGB4yBhAAGBYYHjILEAAYgAQYhgMYigUyCxAAGIAEGIYDGIoFMgsQABiABBiGAxiKBTIIEAAYgAQYogQyCBAAGIAEGKIEMggQABiABBiiBEieElAAWABwAHgBkAEAmAGPAaABjwGqAQMwLjG4AQHIAQD4AQL4AQGYAgGgAp0BmAMA4gMFEgExIECSBwMwLjGgB8kG&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

What will the cats of the future look like?

https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2014/11/28/vu-paleontologist-on-nat-geo-wilds-future-cat-sunday-night/

https://www.google.com/search?q=What+will+the+cats+of+the+future+look+like%3F&sca_esv=242cf7e29bae2be1&hl=en&ei=SlTCZrWSJNmMwbkPorrAkAw&ved=0ahUKEwi137zVq_-HAxVZRjABHSIdEMIQ4dUDCA8&oq=What+will+the+cats+of+the+future+look+like%3F&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiK1doYXQgd2lsbCB0aGUgY2F0cyBvZiB0aGUgZnV0dXJlIGxvb2sgbGlrZT8yBRAhGKABMgUQIRigATIFECEYoAEyBRAhGKABMgUQIRigAUj7PFDlFFiMKnACeAGQAQCYAXigAXiqAQMwLjG4AQzIAQD4AQH4AQKYAgOgAqkBqAIUwgIKEAAYsAMY1gQYR8ICFBAAGIAEGJECGLQCGIoFGOoC2AEBwgIUEAAYgAQY4wQYtAIY6QQY6gLYAQHCAhYQABgDGLQCGOUCGOoCGIwDGI8B2AECwgIWEC4YAxi0AhjlAhjqAhiMAxiPAdgBAsICGBAAGAMYtAIY5QIY6gIYChiMAxiPAdgBApgDF4gGAZAGCLoGBAgBGAe6BgYIAhABGAqSBwMyLjGgB5gG&sclient=gws-wiz-serp
« Last Edit: August 18, 2024, 03:32:18 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6943 on: August 18, 2024, 03:29:18 PM »

KB thanks for the tune. Hadn't heard  "All I know" in a longtime and certianly not sung like that.  :-*
Hydrangeas are magnificent

Lani many tks for the update on Antali  and Summer

Tsk cool you measure your rainfall; been thinking about that my self.

Lisa tks for the extra info on the new nest for Mr. & Mrs. N. Thought it might be the original tree. Good.

Slow day...wishing  all an early 'Good Evening' and SEDs.

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6944 on: August 18, 2024, 04:54:05 PM »

PHYL   Interesting links I could open.  Glad I won't be around in 1,000,000 years for cat evolution. :o  Figured it had to be some kind of genetic occurrence for stripes to happen on our tabbies.

Barb and Tom back from Birmingham where the Baptism occurred for the newest grandchild now 3 months.  Also the surprise 50th Anniversary dinner for Barb and Tom.  Not really til October 12th but since they were down for the Baptism already, that side of the family decided to celebrate.
Chicagoland