Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 512282 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5385 on: June 14, 2024, 10:37:16 AM »

some bounce

Lots of yard werk to do today... the pool was cool

Camper's long-time friend was in the hospital with Covid this week. They sent him home yesterday with oxygen. Yipes! Can't recall if he said his wife was sick too. He thinks he got it from his grandson. I think they got it on their trip to Mississippi a couple weeks ago. Anyway... please be careful in crowds. I plan for us to get a booster and bring masks for our trip later this summer.

Great images ... Yay Iris/Finn/Ama
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #5386 on: June 14, 2024, 10:39:50 AM »

Thanks, Phyl  :)

karen - Brien is doing good, and moving along nicely with Mama's affairs.  He is not one to call me every day, so I need to drop him a text and then he will call. 

tig - Take breaks doing your yard work.

Lani - Cute panda!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5387 on: June 14, 2024, 10:43:25 AM »

📺 SLOTH TV

🦥Sloth Preschool Update:

NEW ARRIVAL:
Waylon, three-fingered sloth:
Waylon was found by MINAE after his mom was hit by a car. He arrived to us in a fragile state and has had some lung issues resulting from that trauma. He is currently receiving antibiotic and nebulization treatments, and has an extremely reserved prognosis at this time.

NEW ARRIVAL:
Wyatt, two-fingered sloth:
Wyatt was found orphaned after his mother was hit by a car. Luckily, he arrived to us in stable condition and is growing well. He will soon be big enough to graduate to Sloth Elementary!

Beanie, two-fingered sloth: Beanie’s hind limb mobility is increasing with regular physical therapy and acupuncture treatments! Despite this, our Vet Team has decided that Beanie is not a good candidate for release. It is expected that she will join our other resident sloths as a permanent member of our Sanctuary. Beanie only needs $100 more to fully fund her CUDDLY Campaign! → https://bit.ly/BeanieCUDDLY

Fiesta, two-fingered sloth: While Fiesta is still considered a critical care patient, she is strong and growing fast. She is officially spending nights outside of an incubator and is off nebulization treatments. Still, has a reserved prognosis. 

Bruno, two-fingered sloth: Bruno is eating better and gaining weight! He is officially spending nights outside of an incubator and has been growing well. Still, has a reserved prognosis.
Tulip, two-fingered sloth: Tulip is eating well and growing fast. She is almost ready to graduate to Sloth Elementary!
Nevada, two-fingered sloth: Nevada is healthy and stable but has not been having regular bowel movements. We are monitoring her consumption.
Pixie, two-fingered sloth: Pixie is growing fast! She has a reserved prognosis due to her size but is otherwise healthy.

🌳Sloth Elementary / High School Update:

GRADUATE:
Rose, two-fingered sloth:
Rose has officially graduated to Sloth Elementary! She is enjoying climbing with her fellow classmates.
JJ, two-fingered sloth: JJ has been keeping up with his classmates, climbing and eating well. He is stable and has a voracious appetite!
Mimi, two-fingered sloth: Mimi is navigating the Sloth Playground extremely well. She is still a bit shaky on the rope bridges but climbs branches with ease!
Moose, two-fingered sloth: Moose is staying active and enjoys climbing with his classmates! He has had some reservations about being weaned off smoothie, but we are working on it.
Grover, two-fingered sloth: We observed some nasal secretions from Grover, so we started him on nebulization treatments. Otherwise, healthy and nearly ready to start spending more time in an outdoor enclosure!
Phoenix, two-fingered sloth: Phoenix is currently receiving nebulization treatments for some lung issues. Otherwise, healthy and almost ready to start spending more time in an outdoor enclosure!
Elmo, two-fingered sloth: Elmo is still in the process of weaning off smoothie. He is almost ready to start spending more time in an outdoor enclosure!
Binx, two-fingered sloth: Binx is ready to start spending more time in an outdoor enclosure! We are still working on some confidence issues, but this big girl is slowly gaining her independence.

🎓Sloth University Update:

GRADUATE:
Marina, three-fingered sloth:
Marina has graduated to Sloth University! She is enjoying a diet of fresh guarumo and cacao leaves daily. 
Natalia, three-fingered sloth: Natalia is enjoying the independence of her prerelease enclosure and a variety of fresh leaves. She can’t wait to get back to her wild home!
Myrtle, two-fingered sloth: Myrtle is improving but still not stable. She is being monitored by our Vet Team and provided with supportive treatments when needed. Weekly blood studies are being done to verify she’s healthy.
Ken, two-fingered sloth: Ken was moved to a bigger, taller enclosure and hasn’t been seen on the ground anymore. Yay Ken!
Roo, two-fingered sloth: Roo is making progress and gaining confidence. He grows more daring every day, exploring more of his enclosure!
REWILDED: Spike, two-fingered sloth: Spike is officially #backinthetrees and doing great! We have been monitoring and tracking his progress using Apple Airtags.

A friendly reminder: We are a critical care facility - Even though you do not see this on camera, the animals are under 24/7 vet care.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5388 on: June 14, 2024, 10:54:25 AM »

Bearstudy - Jewel, Cubs, a Lucky Orphan, and More Luck - UPDATE June 13, 2024
Today, the good news was that 15-year-old Jewel was sighted with two cubs, her seventh litter. Her last five litters have been three cubs, so we’ll still be looking for more confirmation of her litter size and to get a picture of Jewel proud to show us however many cubs she has.

Another story is about Little Bear :-*
Little Bear

A couple days ago, I felt lucky and grateful for the top notch film team that very much wants to create an educational film about what black bears are really like and about the local community that learned that truth beginning in 1958 (new date information). The community continues to practice its peaceful coexistence today and is known for its LACK of bear problems. DNR records show the community to have 80% fewer complaints per bear than the statewide average. This is the community that has enabled us to learn so much about bear/human coexistence and black bear ways and needs since I shifted my research project to the current location in 1996. These very experienced filmmakers are totally dedicated to creating a film that will make a difference for bears. To do that, they brought more camera equipment than any film team I’ve ever worked with, and I saw great skill and experience in their methods. Over the next few months they will be raising the wherewithal that will determine the film’s length and depth.

Little Bear August 2023

A bit that I saw the team film was an orphan male cub that appeared at the edge of the community last August 20. No one had seen him before or had any idea of where he came from and why he was a orphan. All I know is that he was a lucky little bear to have found the best place in the world for him. In this nature-loving community, a couple saw his plight, used the bear formula that is on the WRI website, and got him ready for hibernation. He disappeared on September 21 but reappeared this spring, and the couple continued their care as an example of what this community is like. So far, the couple refer to him as “Little Bear.” They have not yet decided what to call him if he grows up in the area.

Snapping Turtle

On another note, a snapping turtle let us know it is egg-laying time here as she walked through vegetation a quarter mile from the nearest water. The picture shows her extending her left foot with its big claws as she pulled herself through the vegetation.

I look forward to what the film will teach and how it will help bears. I’m also looking forward to seeing Jewel and her cubs myself.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5389 on: June 14, 2024, 11:08:29 AM »

TIG so sad to hear about  Camper's friend and family w/ coVid---yikes  O2 tank. Prayers for all.   You got a swim in today.  ;)

LISA tks for update on  your bro Brien

Lani  Bearstudy from Doc Rogers--congrats to Jewel on her 7th and two new cubs; a new story about 'Little Bear' and yes he's fortunate
that others found him and helped .  That will be an excellent film.  Good Sloth Report--all the best to Wyatt, congrats to Rose, Binx, ken , Roo and all those graduating.            Snapping turtle--no thanks! LOL
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5391 on: June 14, 2024, 02:51:14 PM »

KB  A different albatross .  Big thanks to Bonnie Johnson for DNR juvies shot

LISA  Got some watermelon at the grocery this AM  LOL

PHYL  Heat all over!  4+ days of the 90's here.

KAREN  Great news on Piper!  You certainly do not lack for busyness at your house  :o  Nice safety measure with the new storm door.   Cicadas should be gone by the end of June.  Couple more weeks of this.  Had one fly right into my neck yesterday  :P :P

TIG  Certainly agree - mask in a crowd or confined space.     Home on O2.  :o   Wonder if Camper's friend/family had the original covid shots and boosters.  Kind of a drastic measure. Prayers.

LANI   Awww  Waylon.  So tragic when the Mom gets killed.  One of the rare 3 fingered sloths.  They certainly have a lot of sloths.
Thanks for Lynn's very interesting report.  Sounds like it will be awhile before this film comes out.  Pray he lives long enough to see the finished product - a great tribute to his efforts.

Tim saw injections doc.   Will get 2nd injection June 26th - has to be off blood thinners for certain amt of days.
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5392 on: June 14, 2024, 02:52:56 PM »

Drip

I mowed the back and did some deadheading. A bit more to do after Camper mows the front.
Resting now

BBL
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5393 on: June 14, 2024, 04:06:26 PM »

Tig, I never made it to The Beak yesterday, so I'm sorry I missed Camper's birthday! It sounds like it was a wonderful birthday dinner out for the two of you!

Happy Belated Birthday, Camper!!  I hope by today you have some room for another birthday treat, even though it's a day late. Many happy wishes, and please enjoy some chocolate tres leches cake!

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Puff

« Reply #5394 on: June 14, 2024, 04:54:40 PM »

tsk  karen  Dang critters!  When I do anything outside I've been using spray.  I know they don't die, but I'm just trying to keep them from landing on me.  I've also decided that my beautiful big crimson king has become a brothel for breeding cicada.  I took the day off today from sweeping the drive (90 too much - maybe after 6 I'll have to get out to water the drooping plants and to sweep up the dead).

I got a new storm door too, karen.  I think I mentioned something hit the glass and it shattered.  Delivered today, installation Wednesday.  I'm trying the new one people have talked about - sliding screen at the top, glass at the bottom?  No cat nail holes on the screen. ::)  We'll see how that works out.  Old/original one about 50 years old.  Got our money's worth.

I'll take it as a positive that no one has posted any personal reports of the rain in FL.  And it's still raining today.  How sad.  Tony's son lives on the west wide of peninsula in Naples.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5395 on: June 14, 2024, 05:05:57 PM »

Aw... Tnx BAZ... Yum!

Back in again and showered, feet up.
Camper ran some errands and was on the phone checking with his friend.... He said, hang on a minute... I'm mailing your get well card.   Lolol

I told Camper I would make mini homemade pizza but he offered to go get some instead. In that case I'll just have wings... More protein, less calories.  8)

Go Celtics!!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5396 on: June 14, 2024, 06:50:09 PM »

PUFF  I love my screen on top and glass on bottom.  Hope you are tall enough to release the glass at the top and bring it down to reveal the screen?  According to SIL  Barb, whose condo is in Naples.  Lots of water making getting around difficult but their car and carport are OK so far per the people who live there.
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #5397 on: June 14, 2024, 07:42:39 PM »

TSK- Oh I wasn't complaining and neither am I boasting about our temps this time of year. I was born and raised in the Mojave Desert, the hottest desert in North America .  Summer's gonna have a  long way to go before I wilt.  ;).

{{{your Bro/SIL Florida flooding, prayers}}}

PUFF I remember you saying that 'something' hit it and shatter the glass panel. Glad you got the replacement  and it'll
be installed soon.

TIG  glad you could relax after the yard work...enjoy your wings and hope your team wins.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 08:02:10 PM by Phyl »

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #5398 on: June 14, 2024, 07:43:27 PM »

#istandwithisrael

karengramke

« Reply #5399 on: June 14, 2024, 07:57:42 PM »

Ladies!  Big misspeak or m mis read!  Sorry!  I do not have a new storm door!  I have a new screen door on my screen porch!  Lol!    The door is  currently closed with a hook and eye and is not satisfactory! Bubba, who put it on was suppised to come today and change that but I do not think that is gonna happen!

Pt substitute came and I must say that she is great!  Many of  the pt folks in Valdosta seem to have a full time job and sud elsewhere!  They seem to know
The each other!  This gal works for VOA!  My luck as that is Valdosta Orthopedic Associates! My ortho Md’s business!     She said she did not notice a shuffle but  asked if I had a knee replacement I said no and they were not a problem.  No hip replacement and the only issue in the left hip from back pain shooting over there!   She thinks my right keg is a tad shorter than  the left, my right knee bends to the left leg, and throws my right hip out,  causing the  back pain!  Getting me a heel lift to try!  Still have arthritis  but i
am excited to try this!  She says if it works, no more shots!  Hurray!
Happy dance .

!lani great sloth and   BEar reports!
Seds. My flags are out!  Since Memorial Day, actuality !    Also had covid booster, last month!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 08:53:41 PM by karengramke »